Is it appropriate for a man and woman to be platonic friends with each other? Mike Pence said he won’t go to dinner with a woman who is not his wife.

As adults... "Friends", not acquaintances, or people you get on with when you happen to be around; but "friends" of the opposite sex... Aren't "Friends" at all. They're back up plans. Consciously, or otherwise...

Wow, that says a great deal about you.

I have many female friends and do not need a back up plan after 30 years of marrige.

How very sad for you that you cannot have opposite sex friends without viewing them this way.

I am so glad I am not you

OK I realize I could be a little bit wrong on this original post. But to each their own any man and women in this country in this world has a right to decide if its ok to be platonic friends with someone of the opposite sex who is not a relative or a coworker..

OK I realize I could be a little bit wrong on this original post. But to each their own any man and women in this country in this world has a right to decide if its ok to be platonic friends with someone of the opposite sex who is not a relative or a coworker..
Many platonic female friends of mine became lovers.

Many platonic female friends of mine became lovers.
Was there ever a situation where you tried to kiss one of these friends they rejected it and said let’s just be friends… but later on it turned into a romantic thing?

I've never forced myself on a woman.
I didn’t say that. Sorry there’s a misunderstanding let me be more clear.

At some point or another, the man or the woman is going to “make the move” and they’re going to go for a kiss. I’m asking you if this situation ever occur to you where initially the woman rejected you and said let’s just be friends but then later on it turned into a romantic relationship?

I didn’t say that. Sorry there’s a misunderstanding let me be more clear.

At some point or another, the man or the woman is going to “make the move” and they’re going to go for a kiss. I’m asking you if this situation ever occur to you where initially the woman rejected you and said let’s just be friends but then later on it turned into a romantic relationship?
Most of the time the woman initiates it. Maybe the women I associate with have loose morals.

Most of the time the woman initiates it. Maybe the women I associate with have loose morals.

that is interesting. Some might believe that it’s usually the man that initiates the first kiss. Otherwise I suppose it depends on the time period of history, and what area of the world were talking about.

Would business relationships be considered plutonic?
I think it’s a business relationship and develops into a friendship

By the way, we’re there platonic relationships in the 1700s and 1800s like in the Victorian era. ? It would seem like that could create jealousy.

Kruska

I think you were discussing this earlier

Ok so here are a few images from google, and I will wonder what folks think about these images to me I think of the left wing or the far left when I see these types of imagery

1689691982712.png

1689692008500.jpeg

1689692023757.jpeg

Forum List

Back