Is it Christian to shop your friend to the authorities?

anotherlife

Gold Member
Nov 17, 2012

These two Christian guys went to the same church. One of them was selling/buying food stamps during the week and mentioned it to his pal. Then his pal reported him to the authorities and now he will go to jail probably.

Was it Christian of his pal to report him to the authorities? They were friends and went to the same church. What would you have done if he told you that he was dealing food stamps?

These two Christian guys went to the same church. One of them was selling/buying food stamps during the week and mentioned it to his pal. Then his pal reported him to the authorities and now he will go to jail probably.

Was it Christian of his pal to report him to the authorities? They were friends and went to the same church. What would you have done if he told you that he was dealing food stamps?
How did he shop his friend to the police? Was he paid money?

ERIC GARNER was assassinated by choke hold police fucks for selling cigarettes. And this: selling food stamps? IF PRIMITIVE PEOPLE have NOTHING better to do - they obsess on TRIVIAL FKIN NOTHING.

Last edited:

I am a Christian. I would have advised him to stop. Nothing more.

I wouldn’t tell but it’s good the guy got caught. The right thing to do is tell. Breaking the law is the offense to Christianity

Eric Garner was assassinated by choke hold police fucks for selling cigarettes. And this: selling food stamps? IF PRIMITIVE PEOPLE have NOTHING better to do - they obsess on TRIVIAL FKIN NOTHING.

Garner died because he was too fat, he wasn't put in a chokehold.

I agree his question doesn’t sound right. We get the gist but huh?

Btw you remind me of boss so I’m going to tell you before it’s too late I appreciate and respect you as a poster even if I don’t show it. You’re a smart guy

He was choked. He was not too fat nor too Black. YOU ARE TOO STUPID.

shop?

Yes, the police had a campaign and he was promised to get paid money for telling. Almost like the judas telling on Christ story.

Yes, the police had a campaign and he was promised to get paid money for telling. Almost like the judas telling on Christ story.

Well, not quite the same, but yeah, some friend.

I wouldn’t tell but it’s good the guy got caught. The right thing to do is tell. Breaking the law is the offense to Christianity

But judas told on Jesus too. And look what that lead to. Why is breaking the law an offense to Christianity? Christian's pay for example penalty taxes in Muslim countries for not converting after being conquered.

This thread isn't making sense...or is it me? Oh, nevermind!

Ok I am reposting the OP. A Christian friend told the police that his friend was dealing illegally, in food stamps, in this case. Is it right for a Christian to tell on his friend to the police? Especially without warning or reminding the friend that he may get into trouble?

Btw you remind me of boss so I’m going to tell you before it’s too late I appreciate and respect you as a poster even if I don’t show it. You’re a smart guy
Thanks. I don't want to let this get around, but I think you are a really good guy. I respect you and know that you are intelligent and articulate. I am way cool with you believing whatever you believe. I don't even mind bantering with you over my beliefs. It took me a really really long time to find my faith. I try not to get in the way of others. And lastly, you are a really good son. Keep making your dad happy and you can ride into heaven on his coat tails.

Thanks. I don't want to let this get around, but I think you are a really good guy. I respect you and know that you are intelligent and articulate. I am way cool with you believing whatever you believe. I don't even mind bantering with you over my beliefs. It took me a really really long time to find my faith. I try not to get in the way of others. And lastly, you are a really good son. Keep making your dad happy and you can ride into heaven on his coat tails.
We will never speak of this moment again

Was it Christian of his pal to report him to the authorities?
Is it ethically/morally wrong for private individuals to trade in food stamps? AFAIK, and by my ethical compass, yes, it is for doing so is not consistent with the spirit underpinning the existence of public assistance programs like the food stamp one. I believe too that by the laws in place regarding food stamps it is also illegal, though I haven't checked to confirm whether it is.

They were friends and went to the same church.
Party A's status as a friend of Party B does not obtain for Party A imprimatur to whatever the hell s/he wants. Moreover, Party B becomes complicit in Party A's wanton deeds if Party B does not report those that are unlawful. Such complicity thereby becomes a stain on Party B's character.

What would you have done if he told you that he was dealing food stamps?
  • Divest myself of the friendship -- Clearly my judgment in admitting the person to the "club" called "my friends" was errant. By engaging in trade of food stamps, rather than the appropriate use of food stamps, that person never truly belonged in that "club."
  • Report the act -- My tax dollars help pay for food stamps, and I don't mind that they do. I mind very much that some specific individual known to me is abusing my and others largesse in being willing to provide them with assistance in their hour of need. If the individual needs items/services other than what "food stamps" will buy, fine, but then that person, just as they solicited the food stamp resource, needs to solicit resources for those other things. Quite simply, there is a right way and a wrong way to obtain all sorts of public assistance and that person is going about it the wrong way.

his pal reported him to the authorities and now he will go to jail probably.
I don't know how probable it is that the offender will go to jail. I suspect there is an assortment of actions the administrators of the food stamp program may pursue, and incarceration is among them, but it need not be the actual outcome any given person experiences. (Trafficking in food stamps valued below $100 is not a felony offense.)

He weighed 350 pounds, suffered from a number of health problems, including heart disease, severe asthma, diabetes, obesity, and sleep apnea

His 27 year old daughter just died of a heart attack.

Bad genes, bad diet.....just a matter of time.

ERIC GARNER was assassinated by choke hold police fucks for selling cigarettes. And this: selling food stamps? IF PRIMITIVE PEOPLE have NOTHING better to do - they obsess on TRIVIAL FKIN NOTHING.
Garner died by being crushed under his own weight. It had nothing to do with any "choke hold assassination."

Forum List

Back