Isn't now the time for US to stop supporting Ukraine to end the conflict?

It near always seems there are two side that automatically are opposite of each other with Progs and Republicans. So, we have Ukraine/Russia and Israel/Hamas, and we are on the hook for both of those hot spots. We will just add that to the inflation count.

It near always seems there are two side that automatically are opposite of each other with Progs and Republicans. So, we have Ukraine/Russia and Israel/Hamas, and we are on the hook for both of those hot spots. We will just add that to the inflation count.
tell me what 'dog in the fight' we have in either 22.....~S~

With respect to Ukraine...

Will Biden channel the ghost of Neville Chamberlain...

Or will he channel the ghost of Winston Churchill....

My money is on Churchill...

Phukk the goddamned Russians...

Phukk appeasing the goddamned Russians...

Time to stop that sonofabitch Putin now... or pay a vastly higher price in the not-too-distant future.

Time to stop that sonofabitch Putin now... or pay a vastly higher price in the not-too-distant future.
Seems you're searching for some kind of virtue Kondor

~S~

We never should have have funded them to begin with.

Hundreds of billions of dollars later and what do we have to show for it? Nothing and no plan by anyone to pay us back. It's just a corrupt money pit.
There's $$$ Res

just not for sorts like you/me.....

~S~

The war in Ukraine has begun three years ago, and we have been sending Ukrainians all the necessary support ever since. But the war is not over. Now it's become a slaughter where people from different countries get killed. With that, Ukraine goes on losing it's territory. I think, given the circumstances, the US has to admit that this conflict doesn't bring us any significant benefits and leads to a waste of it's weapons.

I've just watched an interview with prof. Mearsheimer who studies international relations. Having no illusions, he explained in detail why there's only one way Ukraine can end this conflict – by becoming a neutral state and refusing the idea of joining NATO. Moreover, according to him, it's neutrality must be permanent. If it doesn't happen, the war won't end, and the West's shipment of arms only encourages this scenario. I actually agree with Mearsheimer because we can supply our weaponry to Ukraine but it surely doesn't end the conflict. The only option for the US is to stop supplying the arms and steer Ukraine towards a diplomatic solution.

Also, the US is said to have something to lose, which is not true. The American Conversative (U.S.-Ukraine Security Entanglement Risks Forever War) did research on the subject. First, the shipment of arms to Ukraine earns the US nothing wasting it's resources. Second, helping Taiwan now is a priority as it has many semiconductor and IC plants. If China takes over Taiwan, the US economy, unlike Ukraine's, will suffer huge losses. Third, Ukraine's neutrality doesn't mean it's lack of independence. For example, Finland once became neutral and now is a rich and developed state. Fourth, it doesn't change the US security as we are separated from Russia by an ocean and multiple allies.

We have to think what we really want for Ukraine: endless massacre or peace? If we are to really help them, then we must encourage it's peace negotiations with Russia and use our leverage to reach a better agreement.

View attachment 956264

What happens if the Ukraine loses?

Russia gains lots of farmland. Russia gains reasons to attack other countries. Who's next? Georgia, most likely.

Of all the countries Russia has a problem with, Georgia isn't in NATO, it's not even close to the EU like the Ukraine is. It won't stand a chance.

Then who's next?

The US is weakening Russia, the war is costing them a lot more than it's costing the US because Russia's economy isn't very good. They're relying on huge amounts of money they've squirreled away. Letting that deplete itself gives opponents of Russia decades of a weaker Russia. Which might just then see Putin die and a complete change in Russia.

Forget the Cold War. Islam Is Our Enemy Now.

ITS a sorry mess, Will Never support a Dictator over a country that fights for freedom.
like we fought for our freedom to run our own country
Don't know how good or bad the leaders are, that's not the point.

The war in Ukraine has begun three years ago, and we have been sending Ukrainians all the necessary support ever since. But the war is not over. Now it's become a slaughter where people from different countries get killed. With that, Ukraine goes on losing it's territory. I think, given the circumstances, the US has to admit that this conflict doesn't bring us any significant benefits and leads to a waste of it's weapons.

I've just watched an interview with prof. Mearsheimer who studies international relations. Having no illusions, he explained in detail why there's only one way Ukraine can end this conflict – by becoming a neutral state and refusing the idea of joining NATO. Moreover, according to him, it's neutrality must be permanent. If it doesn't happen, the war won't end, and the West's shipment of arms only encourages this scenario. I actually agree with Mearsheimer because we can supply our weaponry to Ukraine but it surely doesn't end the conflict. The only option for the US is to stop supplying the arms and steer Ukraine towards a diplomatic solution.

Also, the US is said to have something to lose, which is not true. The American Conversative (U.S.-Ukraine Security Entanglement Risks Forever War) did research on the subject. First, the shipment of arms to Ukraine earns the US nothing wasting it's resources. Second, helping Taiwan now is a priority as it has many semiconductor and IC plants. If China takes over Taiwan, the US economy, unlike Ukraine's, will suffer huge losses. Third, Ukraine's neutrality doesn't mean it's lack of independence. For example, Finland once became neutral and now is a rich and developed state. Fourth, it doesn't change the US security as we are separated from Russia by an ocean and multiple allies.

We have to think what we really want for Ukraine: endless massacre or peace? If we are to really help them, then we must encourage it's peace negotiations with Russia and use our leverage to reach a better agreement.

View attachment 956264
Since late 1949, the CIA has been using Ukraine as a blunt object to break apart the USSR and now the Russian Federation.

Operation Red Sox was the first covert mission of the Cold War, and it failed spectacularly; however, similar provocations over the next 40 years resulted in the demise of the Soviet Union.

As soon as the USSR collapsed, some Americans immediately began planning the same end for the Russian Federation; that appears to be why Ukrainians today are being told to shed their last drop of blood for regime change in Moscow.

https://www.politico.com/news/magaz...on-ukrainian-independence-haunts-cia-00029968

"Of the 85 agents who the CIA dropped into Soviet-controlled territory, it is believed that some three-quarters of them were almost immediately captured and tortured or killed outright.

"And their handlers, undone by a combination of hubris and Soviet misinformation, took years to catch on, sending agent after agent to their death along the Soviet Union’s western reaches."

That money could have also gone into trade deals with Russia, enriching both us and them from their abundant natural and human resources.
We just had a congresscritter admit it was about resources

And now we're onto sanctions

If that's the only dog in this fight we have, do you really think it's worth boots on the ground?

~S~

Forum List

Back