🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Israel Kills 7 Palestinians And Injures 52 In Ongoing Attack On Occupied Gaza

thanks kvetch----I fixed the george---to JAMES ---a momentary lapse----but understandable in the HEAT OF THE HAJJ

kvetch,

The targets of this recent escalation of violence in Gaza are Gentiles, nonJews in Palestine, now that is a fact, that is a truth. Speaking the truth is not something I believe I should shy away from doing, no matter who desires that truth to be silenced or however politically incorrect speaking of certain truths becomes. And I do not think speaking Truth makes me Antisemitic or makes me a hating person. In fact, Jesus tells me I will be hated for speaking truth, so I wear criticisms like this as a badge of honor.

I see an Occupation that dehumanizes and hurts and kills as a proper christian concern, the fact that there are other christian concerns does not change that.

Life is hard for Christians in Palestine, but Christians were never promised an easy life. And, if I were a Christian there, I would seek to see each and every single day as a special opportunity to live out the teachings of Jesus in my life. The Christians there face similar challenges to those faced by the earliest of Christians, they face challenges so much like those faced by Jesus Himself, and I can't help but think most Christians who remain are those committed to Jesus the most, who see the truth of all of this. I think about particular Christians in Palestine, Mazin Qumsiyeh, the CPT members. They do not have to stay, they are citizens elsewhere, they have resources to leave, but their love and passion for the people there keeps them there and the callings of Jesus keep them there. Love/God meets all their needs, all they have to do is place their trust completely in Him. And the Blessings that flow from living out the teachings of Christ in a life in Palestine make the sufferings Joy!

Sherri
you could have said palestinians or arabs or gazans

instead you said gentiles

that means a different agenda altogether

one you have often slipped into

i agree totally with you about israel's treatment of gaza

you would serve the gazan cause far better by avoiding anti jewish buzzwords

esoecially one that links directly with 2000 years of christain oppression of jews

are you trying to advocate for gaza??

or the other thing???

kvetch,

This is my second time to try to submit this post, after spending the morning thinking about your post. We do make choices about words we use, after all.

It hit me, it was so simple, after returning from taking my son to his doctor's appointment, whether I should use the word Gentiles depends on whether Jesus did.

And I start reading in Matthew, and as I finish reading The Sermon On The Mount, I have already found three separate instances of Jesus using the word Gentiles.

Matthew 5:43-48 ESV

Love Your Enemies

43 "You have heard that it was said, 'You shall love your neighbor and hate your eenemy.' 44 But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven. For he makes his sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust. 46 For if you love those who love you, what reward do you have? Do not even the tax collectors do the same? 47 And if you greet only your brothers, what more are you doing than others? Do not even the Gentiles do the same? 48 You therefore must be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

Matthew 6:7-15 ESV

7 And when you pray, do not heap up empty phrases as the Gentiles do, for they think that they will be heard for their many words. 8 Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him. 9 Pray then like this: Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name. 10 Your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. 11 Give us this day our daily bread, 12 and forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors, 13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. 14 For if you forgive others their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you, 15 but if you do not forgive others their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

Matthew 6: 32-33 ESV

32 For the Gentiles seek after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them all. 33 But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you. "

Jesus was not an oppressor of Jews, I find your accusation that Christians are historical oppressors of Jews to be offensive. I am not bound to believe a version of History that has painted Jesus and Christianity as Evil.

And as Jesus used the word Gentiles boldly and without fear, so shall I do as He did, and do the same.

Sherri

:lol::lol::lol:
Attagirl! Hide your hate behind Jesus. That's the "Christian" thing to do!
:lol::lol::lol:

esoecially one that links directly with 2000 years of christain oppression of jews

or the other thing???

kvetch,

This is my second time to try to submit this post, after spending the morning thinking about your post. We do make choices about words we use, after all.

It hit me, it was so simple, after returning from taking my son to his doctor's appointment, whether I should use the word Gentiles depends on whether Jesus did.

And I start reading in Matthew, and as I finish reading The Sermon On The Mount, I have already found three separate instances of Jesus using the word Gentiles.

Love Your Enemies

43 "You have heard that it was said, 'You shall love your neighbor and hate your eenemy.' 44 But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven. For he makes his sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust. 46 For if you love those who love you, what reward do you have? Do not even the tax collectors do the same? 47 And if you greet only your brothers, what more are you doing than others? Do not even the Gentiles do the same? 48 You therefore must be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

7 And when you pray, do not heap up empty phrases as the Gentiles do, for they think that they will be heard for their many words. 8 Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him. 9 Pray then like this: Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name. 10 Your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. 11 Give us this day our daily bread, 12 and forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors, 13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. 14 For if you forgive others their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you, 15 but if you do not forgive others their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

32 For the Gentiles seek after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them all. 33 But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you. "

Jesus was not an oppressor of Jews, I find your accusation that Christians are historical oppressors of Jews to be offensive. I am not bound to believe a version of History that has painted Jesus and Christianity as Evil.

And as Jesus used the word Gentiles boldly and without fear, so shall I do as He did, and do the same.

Sherri
Use whatever hate words you can think of. It's the proper thing to do.

Gentile isn't a hate word but it can be used that way and given the context of her posts it certainly is what Sherri is selling. After all, in her mind it's the "Christian" thing to do. :D

Jesus said "gentiles" "boldly and without fear"? Jesus was hanging around with a bunch of jews-----talking the talk that he heard all his life
I assume when that the word he used was "goyim" which is more accurately translated as "other nations" I have never heard or seen a jew become "fearful" when he said "goyim" Chances are ---the best translation of what was said was "the other nations seek stuff and "you" in the sense of "you'all" seek similar stuff" I wonder why sherri finds this statement so significant------it seems like a typical HILLEL type discussion of the nature of prayer

kvetch,

The targets of this recent escalation of violence in Gaza are Gentiles, nonJews in Palestine, now that is a fact, that is a truth. Speaking the truth is not something I believe I should shy away from doing, no matter who desires that truth to be silenced or however politically incorrect speaking of certain truths becomes. And I do not think speaking Truth makes me Antisemitic or makes me a hating person. In fact, Jesus tells me I will be hated for speaking truth, so I wear criticisms like this as a badge of honor.

I see an Occupation that dehumanizes and hurts and kills as a proper christian concern, the fact that there are other christian concerns does not change that.

Life is hard for Christians in Palestine, but Christians were never promised an easy life. And, if I were a Christian there, I would seek to see each and every single day as a special opportunity to live out the teachings of Jesus in my life. The Christians there face similar challenges to those faced by the earliest of Christians, they face challenges so much like those faced by Jesus Himself, and I can't help but think most Christians who remain are those committed to Jesus the most, who see the truth of all of this. I think about particular Christians in Palestine, Mazin Qumsiyeh, the CPT members. They do not have to stay, they are citizens elsewhere, they have resources to leave, but their love and passion for the people there keeps them there and the callings of Jesus keep them there. Love/God meets all their needs, all they have to do is place their trust completely in Him. And the Blessings that flow from living out the teachings of Christ in a life in Palestine make the sufferings Joy!

Sherri

or the other thing???

kvetch,

Love Your Enemies

Sherri
Ok sherri

you have reflected properly and so i give you the benefit of all doubt and full respect

first, i will never ever say anything against jesus;
only against a few of his powerful and deluded followers
i also believe jesus to have been enlightened and a true son of god
tho not the only one
if god can only have one son, he is nearly impotent, not omni-potent!

as rosie said to you, there are big problems of translation from jesus's aramaic
the gospels were written in greek, 100 years or so after christ,
then translated into english in 1610 or so
what went into the bible was a political decision of an already corrupt church
taken in 300 A.D in what is now Tunisia by 310 corrupt bishops.

so how any intelligent being, let alone a decent lawyer who collects and sifts evidence
can swallow the bible uncritically is beyond all logic except that of all fundamentalist delusion
i.e. the desire for false security from reason at all costs.

the gentile issue was indeed a key reason why the jewish priesthood turned against jesus
when he hung out with samaritans and other outcasts...deliberately to press their exclusive jewish buttons.

and of course claiming he was a messiah was enough to get anyone crucified i
n any culture and so many true saints of all faiths have perished in that way
and still do, everywhere to this day!

what is a true fact is that not jesus but his church and christian powers everywhere in europe
have viciously persecuted jews as christ killers for 2,000 years.
if you deny that you are just plain wrong

then there's the matter of language and what words to choose

here you are rightly charging israeli jews with persecuting gazans
by stealing their property and putting them in a ghetto,
which is exactly what christians did to jews in europe

by using the word gentile you activate 2,000 years of chist killing libel against jews
in all their fragile persecuted psyches, including mine
using an acurate word like gazans will not do that
saying that the bible uses that word gentile is totally irrelevant;
cant you think for yourself at all??

even now you just thanked because i know for saying its ok to hate jews

do you or do you not wish to help the poor gazans
they deserve your best awareness

that's all for now...will post more later after re reading what you quoted from my fave sermon on the mount

BLESSED ARE THE PEACEMAKERS AS JESUS SAID THERE

Last edited:
47 And if you greet only your brothers, what more are you doing than others? Do not even the Gentiles do the same? 48 You therefore must be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect

gee---in this line ---"the gentiles" ie goyim --nations other than the jewish nation --ie people like sherri get a bit of a knock-----EVEN THE GOYIM GREET THEIR BROTHERS JEWS ARE SUPPOSED TO BE BETTER THAN THAT i am shocked-----who is the bigot here-----i am sure even goyim like sherri------greet people only than close friends and relatives

in fact----in the USA illegal buildings or buildings used for CRIME are destroyed regularly
Now you're entering into an area of expertise that is how I pay my rent, put clothes on my back and food on my table.

They do not destroy buildings for the reasons you stated. Buildings don't even get built, unless they get approval from the AHJ (authority having jurisdiction). In this case, it's usually the local building and safety debt. And they won't approve of a building unless it meets code. If it does, the building can't possibly be "illegal". Now if it is an old building, the chances exist, that some parts of the building may no longer be compliant with current codes and ordinances. But that's okay to, unless you want to change parts of a building that are in "non-conformance" with building codes. Then you have to bring all relevent codes to that area up to current standards, or you will not be issued a permit to remodel your tenant space.

And then we have the case of a building that is so out of compliance with building codes (usually structural damage), that the owner decides it would cost too much money to make it code compliant, so then, yes, that building will be destroyed to protect public safety. The No.1 mission for all building codes in the United States, is to ensure public safety.

And the only building I know of that was destroyed as a result of a crime, was when that helicopter dropped a bomb in a Chicago neighborhood.

Kvetch, you appear to be forgetting in your 'analysis' of Second Temple Occupied Judaism, that the *priesthood* were Roman appointees, quislings.

You also haven't touched on the ongoing tensions between Pharisees and Sadducees theologically - not disagreeing with your analysis but suggesting it is somewhat skeletal.

Incidentally, Kvetchie - are you familiar with 'British Israelism'? Here in the US it's known as 'Christian Identity'.

Angelica, what's wrong with it if someone says they don't like Jews?

Are you trying to say Jews deserve higher rights and you demand people shut up about Israel and Zionists?

In America you're allowed to "hate" Jews.

Jews aren't any more special, you keep trying to indicate its a terrible thing and crime to hate Jews, yet all your other Pro Israel friends on this board despise Muslims and are Muslim haters, with vile and filthy islamophobia. Hypocrite
Of course here in America you can hate the Jews if it pleases you. Maybe that's why the largest hate crimes in America are against the Jews. Meanwhile, even though basically no one here is bothering the Muslims, they seem to have very strange ideas while living here in America.
Answering Muslims: Poll: Nearly Half of U.S. Muslims Believe That Critics of Muhammad Should Be Criminally Prosecuted

wrong Kvetch----the jewish priesthood at the time of jesus were ROMAN APPOINTEES-----the most hated was CAIAPHAS the people who hated him MOST were the PHARISEES Jesus was a pharisee I came to know about Caiaphas---in a circuitous way ------my kid ----before high school----went to a yeshiva type school and one day I ran into the name CAIAPHAS the only caiaphas I knew about was from christmas stories--------an evil rabbi that hated jesus I asked my kid "who was he"-------"OH A REALLY BAD GUY---- A SADDUCEE THAT THE ROMANS MADE INTO A "HIGH PRIEST" I delved a bit and sure enough---CAIAPHAS is a universally (among ortho jews) despised person ------heavliy in league with the romans---heavy into corruption in the temple-------and as it turns out-----he is same nasty mamzer mentioned in the New Testament ---more delving----Caiaphas hated the pharisees for the constant OUTING of his corruption and objection to the MONEY CHANGERS in the temple courtyard (a concept which elludes sherri) who made the corruption possible and even cashed in on it For all those whoever sees an easter drama -----that bad guy CAIAPHAS is an historic person of sadducean pursuasion--------now someone even found his tomb----or---vault thing where he is at eternal rot

Lawyer???? did you say SHERRI IS A LAWYER???? how can she be a lawyer? she evinces no knowlege at all of the HISTORY OF LAW english or usa she never heard of the justinian code and its overt oppression of NON CHRISTIANS? (read that "jews" in palestine and rome) The Justinian code-----as a codified form of the LAWS enacted by CONSTANTINE---cofified this his grandson JUSTIN------Constantine is -the man who brought christianity to the "holy" ROMAN EMPIRE (first reich) he is also the father of the Inquisition and the father of nazism

Are you trying to say Jews deserve higher rights and you demand people shut up about Israel and Zionists?

Jews aren't any more special, you keep trying to indicate its a terrible thing and crime to hate Jews, yet all your other Pro Israel friends on this board despise Muslims and are Muslim haters, with vile and filthy islamophobia. Hypocrite
Of course here in America you can hate the Jews if it pleases you. Maybe that's why the largest hate crimes in America are against the Jews. Meanwhile, even though basically no one here is bothering the Muslims, they seem to have very strange ideas while living here in America.
Answering Muslims: Poll: Nearly Half of U.S. Muslims Believe That Critics of Muhammad Should Be Criminally Prosecuted

"Largest hate crimes in America are against jews"

Link?

In fact you are allowed to hate Jews anywhere, Princess, but it's far more honest to just admit it than hide behind one's hate for Zionists or Israel or any of the surrogates Jew-haters use for cover. :D

No, I don't hate jews simply because I don't hate jews.

No matter how much you try to make it seem that way.

Too much whining from Angelica.

I was referring to the cowards who associate people who are anti Israel as Jew haters, this way they can go off and claim the whole reason is because of Jewish hatred. It's utterly false, and is a blind attempt to dehumanize Pro Palestinian supporters.

in my town ----a house can be confiscated by the government and either turned to another use, destroyed or sold------simply if it is used in the DRUG TRADE-----in fact, cars too. IN wars-----buildings used in the war and trees are routinely destroyed In acts of violence-----trees used by people who want to shoot at people also GO DOWN

In fact you are allowed to hate Jews anywhere, Princess, but it's far more honest to just admit it than to hide behind one's hate for Zionists or Israel or any of the surrogates Jew-haters use for cover. :D

I don't believe you are anti-Semitic, Princess. :D

In fact you are allowed to hate Jews anywhere, Princess, but it's far more honest to just admit it than to hide behind one's hate for Zionists or Israel or any of the surrogates Jew-haters use for cover. :D

I don't believe you are anti-Semitic, Princess. :D

Good guy :D

Forum List

Back