It’s Time to Formally Declare America A Christian Nation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So does yours.

Why are you being such an obvious idiot and ignoring the difference between murder and homicide?

You are compelling anyone. You are just making yourself look dumb.
You almost got it.

The bible does not say killing life is permissible, it COMANNDS killing several times and god himself partakes many times. Permissible falls far short.

You most certainly are imposing your religion on me when you force me to pay for abortions through my tax dollars. I
Is all abortion legal? Do you oppose paying for an abortion if the woman is poor and health is in danger, or poor in cases of incest or rape?

I wouldn't waste too much time worrying about it. Living in fear is not a good way to live. It hurts you, it just isn't worth it.

Well, I do politics because I like using my brain, rather than because I worry about it. Everything is to be worried about, but most people just don't bother.

Because atheism leads only to bad results. Christianity leads to good results. This is observative. We've witnessed it in history.

Er.... what?

Christianity... led to the genocide of the native Americans, it's led to countless wars. And that is "observative", whatever that means

If atheism is the answer, why are atheists' lives generally so-screwed up, and why are atheist regimes always violent, murderous, and harsh? One would think it would be the opposite. Why isn't it?

Are they generally "so-screwed up"?

The US is a violent murderous regime. It's not because of atheism, you can bet on that. Iran, is a violent, repressive regime. It's religious.

I think you need to get your head into reality.

Are they generally "so-screwed up"?

The US is a violent murderous regime. It's not because of atheism, you can bet on that. Iran, is a violent, repressive regime. It's religious.

I think you need to get your head into reality.
No comments about China, North Korea, USSR, or Cuba? Why not?

Er.... what?

Christianity... led to the genocide of the native Americans, it's led to countless wars. And that is "observative", whatever that means
Indians killed each other before we ever got here. They weren't Christian. What makes you think we killed Indians because of Christianity? Many of the wars we were in were out of self defense. When Islamic radicals' or Communists' goal is your destruction, what are you going to do? Let them exterminate you?

You most certainly are imposing your religion on me when you force me to pay for abortions through my tax dollars.
A poor lwoman getting an abortion is not connected to any religion. Will you please get your nose out of everyone’s business. It’s part of citizenship to pay taxes even for things we oppose. Since abortion is legal and lawmakers pass laws funding what they deem appropriate if some of what you pay in taxes goes to abortion it does not impose a religion on you. The recipient of a government abortion can be religious
or secular and her legal procedure has no impact on you in any way. However your complaints about tax funding of abortion is a declaration that your religion is special
And you demand special treatment. THATS NOT RIGHT

No comments about China, North Korea, USSR, or Cuba? Why not?

Okay, let's see.

China, last time it invaded anyone was 1979 when it failed to invade Vietnam.
North Korea hasn't invaded anyone EVER.
The USSR did quite a bit of invading.
Cuba, never invaded anyone.

The US invaded Afganistan, Iraq, bombed Libya, Syria, put heavy sanctions against Iran (who it has wanted to invaded for decades) and Venezuela.

The UK has an official religion, Church of England, helped the US with all of those.

You're clutching at straws. There are religious countries that don't go to war, non-religious countries that don't go to war, and the opposite.

You're trying to make arguments fit your views, rather than basing your views on what exists.

Is all abortion legal? Do you oppose paying for an abortion if the woman is poor and health is in danger, or poor in cases of incest or rape?
I oppose any direct killing of an unborn child for any reason. Just because the child is a product or rape or incest, what has that child done to forfeit his or her right to live? The only exception is if you are peforming a procedure to save the mother, and the unborn child dies in the process. Such is an extreme rarity, and most mothers I know would forego the operation rather than risk harm to the child.

Indians killed each other before we ever got here. They weren't Christian. What makes you think we killed Indians because of Christianity? Many of the wars we were in were out of self defense. When Islamic radicals' or Communists' goal is your destruction, what are you going to do? Let them exterminate you?

Yes, Native Americas (they were never from India, so they're not Indians, are they?) were killing each other before the white man arrived. So what? That's not an argument. The Spanish, Portuguese, French and English (followed by the US) managed to DECIMATE them.

Columbus was CHRISTIAN. All four (five) of those were CHRISTIAN COUNTRIES. Your claim is Christianity did only good. I doubt the Native Americans thought it was good.

Self defense? This is such a "cowboys 'n' injuns" argument. The evil "injuns" defending their homeland from the invaders and the good "cowboys" committing genocide and ethnic cleansing.

It's not SELF DEFENSE if you're on their land.

Yes but Christian Spanish and Portuguese took it to another level. Evidently slavery, rape and murder are just fine under your Christian regime.

Yes, Native Americas (they were never from India, so they're not Indians, are they?) were killing each other before the white man arrived. So what? That's not an argument. The Spanish, Portuguese, French and English (followed by the US) managed to DECIMATE them.

Columbus was CHRISTIAN. All four (five) of those were CHRISTIAN COUNTRIES. Your claim is Christianity did only good. I doubt the Native Americans thought it was good.

Self defense? This is such a "cowboys 'n' injuns" argument. The evil "injuns" defending their homeland from the invaders and the good "cowboys" committing genocide and ethnic cleansing.

It's not SELF DEFENSE if you're on their land.
I believe I cited self-defense in the case of the Islamic radicals and the communists. As for the Indians, I still haven't seen where Christianity taught to kill people. You cite the deeds of fallible human beings who may have called themselves Christians who violated the teachings of Jesus, as if it somehow invalidates Christianity. As I say, if you want to play that game, I'll cite the more than 100 million killed by atheists between 1933 and 1977. Using your logic, we should avoid atheism at all costs,

Yes but Christian Spanish and Portuguese took it to another level. Evidently slavery, rape and murder are just fine under your Christian regime.
Want to talk about the 100 million killed by atheists regimes in the last century? More than all religions combined in the history of the world? Didn't think so.

I oppose any direct killing of an unborn child for any reason
Got it. You and your supernatural invisible
friend named Jesus want the government to impose on a victim of incest or rape the moment at conception you two ‘suspect’ that “life” begins. The innocent victim of a sperm producing felon has no day in the matter because your beliefs must her belief. Her body belongs to you the state.

Again why is your religious belief to be the one to be forced on someone who does not want it?

I believe I cited self-defense in the case of the Islamic radicals and the communists. As for the Indians, I still haven't seen where Christianity taught to kill people. You cite the deeds of fallible human beings who may have called themselves Christians who violated the teachings of Jesus, as if it somehow invalidates Christianity. As I say, if you want to play that game, I'll cite the more than 100 million killed by atheists between 1933 and 1977. Using your logic, we should avoid atheism at all costs,

The problem here is that when it comes to Christians you'll be like "well, it's not 'Christians' killing, it's infallible humans", but when it comes to atheists you'll be like "it's their non-belief that makes them kill"

This is such fucking nonsense. You're trying to make square pegs fit where there isn't even a hole.

Have a look at "residential schools" for a good example of the RCC trying cultural genocide on Natives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back