Zone1 Jesus Is My Rock My Sword And Shield

The 144,000 are the anointed bride=bought from the earth( Rev 14:3= to heaven. Only those are promised heaven.
They are Jewish men, virgins from the twelve tribes. They are sealed by God so that they can evangelize during the tribulation and not be killed.
If they are the only ones promised Heaven, why did Jesus go and prepare a place for me? Paul said absent from the body is present with the Lord. And Peter said our citizenship is in Heaven.
I trust them.

Last edited:
Yes there are.
What is symbolic about Matthew saying that Jesus and those He brought with Him were seen by many? And could it simply mean they were seen by many?
Was Christ returning and as Peter said was witnessed by many also symbolic? If one is symbolic what prevents the other from being merely a symbol also?

They are Jewish men, virgins from the twelve tribes. They are sealed by God so that they can evangelize during the tribulation and not be killed.
If they are the only ones promised Heaven, why did Jesus go and prepare a place for me? Paul said absent from the body is present with the Lord.
And Peter said our citizenship is in Heaven.
Alot of symbolism in that--Not literal Israel( they are cut off-Matt 23:38) its spiritual Israel meaning-Gods chosen. Peter was married he is one of the144,000--The explanation for that(virgen to women) is found in the OT events of King Jesosaphat. He was a good king, yet he failed to take down the high places( where Gods servants, went to serve false gods and false religion practices) At 2 Chron 21:13 God referred to doing that as immoral intercourse-- Thus in Revelation he calls all false religions(babylon the great) a harlot-- Thus it was referring to those who never left God to serve false religions and commit immoral intercourse with those. He called the false religions women. Because 99% of them on earth are false= many.

Peter was married he is one of the144,000
Did Peter ever have sex with his wife? Then he isn't one of them:

Rev. 14:1-4 "And I looked, and See!, the Lamb was standing upon Mount Zion and with him were 144,000 who have his name and the name of his father written on their foreheads ... These are the ones who have not defiled themselves with women, for they are virgins.

Last edited:
An earthquake caused dead bodies to come out. It does not say they were resurrected back to life.
Matthew 27:52-53 and the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose, and came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.
The bodies arose, as in:
arose ~ to get or stand up.

It says the bodies went somewhere. Into the holy city. Did the earthquake just jettison them into the city?
Here is another translation. NIV:
and the tombs broke open. The bodies of many holy people who had died were raised to life.

Galatians 1:6-12 King James Version (KJV) But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed. As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

When we compare the New Testament to the teachings of the LDS Church, we see similar words being used to describe their positions; upon closer examination, however, those words are defined very differently. Even words like scripture, heaven, God, Jesus, and salvation have unique definitions and descriptions.

While Christians have historically believed in the Bible as the sole authoritative scripture, the LDS Church adds the Book of Mormon, Doctrine and Covenants, and Pearl of Great Price. These additional texts are considered inspired and essential for understanding God’s will, even though much of what they contain was never taught or believed by early Christians.

Christianity asserts the belief in one God who is eternally God and unchanging in His nature. Humans are created in His image but remain distinct from Him. With the introduction of a doctrine called “eternal progression,” Mormons are told that Heavenly Father progressed from humanity to deity, thus paving the way for his “literal” offspring to do the same. This concept of God and humans attaining godhood is not found in ancient Christian theology.

Christianity argues that Jesus is the eternal Son of God, fully divine, and coequal with the Father and the Holy Spirit, and though these three are God and Lord, Christianity has never taught that the Father, Son, or Holy Spirit are three separate Gods as is taught in Mormonism.

New Testament Christianity has always emphasized that justification and the forgiveness of sin comes as a result of faith in the finished work of Christ. Mormonism, on the other hand, states that forgiveness is achieved by abandoning all past sins and keeping all of their church’s commandments.

We also see practices in modern Mormonism that fail to reflect what we find in the New Testament. For example, in 1 Corinthians 15:29, the apostle Paul asked why some people were being baptized for the dead if there was no hope of a bodily resurrection. Joseph Smith takes this phrase and, without a shred of historical evidence, makes an elaborate doctrine and practice out of it.

First of all, this practice assumes that salvation can be granted after an individual’s mortal life has come to an end. In contrast, this same Paul, writing in 2 Corinthians 6:2, cites the prophet Isaiah and concludes that “now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.” Ironically, the Book of Mormon in Alma 34:32ff concurs with this concept, though these passages were ignored by Smith when he introduced vicarious baptisms for the dead.

Though the first baptism on behalf of a deceased person took place in the Mississippi River, Joseph Smith claimed in January of 1841, that God told him that “this ordinance belongeth to my house” (D&C 124:30). Baptisms for the dead would be put on hold until the completion of the temple in Nauvoo, Illinois.

Are we to believe that this specific location (in temples) is also a restoration of things done anciently? How could early Christians perform baptisms in a temple when the only temple recognized by God at the time was controlled by priests who were hostile to this new group of Jesus followers? Are we really to believe the religious leaders of that day, many of whom were Sadducees who didn’t even believe in the resurrection, would have granted permission to a group they considered to be a heretical sect to use the temple to perform a ritual they deemed to be unorthodox and unnecessary?

Even if they were allowed, where inside the temple grounds would this ritual have taken place? Modern Latter-day Saints baptize by proxy in a font resembling the “Sea of cast bronze” mentioned in 1 Kings 7:23-25. This font sat atop twelve oxen, “three looking to the north, three looking toward the west, three looking toward the south, [and] three looking toward the east.” This font had a very special purpose during the first temple period. According to 2 Chronicles 4:6 it was used by the officiating priests for ceremonial washings.

Furthermore, this brazen sea didn’t exist during the early years of Christianity. When Jerusalem was sacked by the Chaldeans in 586 B.C., the sea was broken in pieces and the bronze was carted off to Babylon (see 2 Kings 25:13). Neither Zerubbabel’s temple, nor the temple later built by Herod, contained an edifice similar to the sea in Solomon’s temple. There was, however, a laver or basin provided for ceremonial washings, yet never do we read that this was used for a ceremony similar to modern baptisms.

According to LDS teachings, baptisms for the dead are to be performed by males who hold the Melchizedek priesthood; nowhere do we find any early Christian, including the apostles chosen by Jesus, holding such an office.

A fundamental error made by Mark E. Petersen and all members of the LDS Church is to assume that Joseph Smith was telling the truth when he described what true Christianity should look like. When Petersen speaks of this restoration coming about “through the ministry of the Prophet Joseph Smith,” it would be helpful to demonstrate with evidence (not assumption) that early Christians believed and practiced these alleged “primitive” traits.

When all is said and done, the orthodoxy (teachings) and orthopraxy (practices) of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints fail to harmonize with teachings and practices outlined in the New Testament. Since this is true, we can only conclude that Jude was not including Joseph Smith’s “restored” gospel when he exhorted his readers to “contend earnestly for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints.” Is Mormonism the “faith” that Jude speaks of? – Mormonism Research Ministry

While we cannot judge another person’s motives, we can and must judge what a person does or says. Joseph Smith, and hence the Book of Mormon, fails the twin tests of Deuteronomy 13 and 18. God takes false prophets very seriously. Deuteronomy 13:1-3 says, "That prophet or dreamer must be put to death, because he preached rebellion against the LORD your God...; he has tried to turn you from the way the LORD your God commanded you to follow. You must purge the evil from among you." Deuteronomy 18:19-21 says, "If anyone does not listen to my words that the prophet speaks in my name, I myself will call him to account. But a prophet who presumes to speak in my name anything I have not commanded him to say, or a prophet who speaks in the name of other gods, must be put to death..." And Galatians 1:8-9 says, "But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let him be eternally condemned! As we have already said, so now I say again: If anybody is preaching to you a gospel other than what you accepted, let him be eternally condemned!" How should Christians view the Book of Mormon? | GotQuestions.org

Witnessing to Mormons – what is the key?​

translateWitnessing to Mormons
audio

Answer

As a preface to this answer, please see our article on Mormonism and what Mormons believe. As Christians, we always want to use the Bible and its timeless truths as our primary tool in witnessing the love of God and salvation through Christ. One of the problems with trying to witness to Mormons is that they believe that the Bible was hopelessly corrupted through the years and is no longer reliable. Although we can say with confidence that the Scriptures are most certainly not corrupted—due to the manuscript evidence in the form of the Dead Sea Scrolls, several codices of the various portions of the biblical text, and thousands of other manuscripts—Mormons are most likely not going to agree to that. Therefore, approaching Mormons from another direction is more effective.

It is important to understand that Mormons use many of the terms that Christians use, such as salvation, justification, heaven, and others. But their definitions are quite different from the biblical definitions we are familiar with. For instance, Mormons say they believe in salvation by grace through faith in Christ. But their idea of salvation is inclusive—everyone has been saved by Christ so that they will live eternally, but it is each person’s works that will determine where they will spend eternity and the extent of their eternal blessings (Articles of Faith, p. 78–79; Mormon Doctrine, p. 348). Clearly, salvation as the Bible explains it is not the same as the Mormon idea of salvation. This is why arguing doctrine with a Mormon is rarely successful.

The key to reaching the heart of Mormons is to understand that, while they may appear confident and self-assured on the outside, internally many are filled with stress and doubt because they are continually striving for perfection. This is partly driven by Mormon doctrine and partly by family pressures. Family is extremely important to Mormons, and living up to both family and church standards is a motivating factor to many Mormons. Deep down inside most Mormons is the fear of not being good enough, of not measuring up. The question in every Mormon’s mind is, “Am I worthy enough?” The best thing to do is to reinforce that doubt. Show them that by their own efforts, they are not even close to being worthy to stand before a holy God. This is the bad news that has to precede the good news. Show them from the Scriptures that all their “righteous acts are like filthy rags” (Isaiah 64:6), that “no one will be declared righteous in his sight by observing the law” (Romans 3:20), and that “all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God” (Romans 3:23). If the Mormon will admit to these truths, he/she should be open for the good news of the true gospel of Jesus Christ, that real righteousness only comes at the cross, where God exchanged our sin for the righteousness of Christ (2 Corinthians 5:21). No other righteousness can stand before God on Judgment Day. Once a Mormon, or anyone else for that matter, admits these truths, he/she is well on the way to understanding true salvation.

While it is important for us to be diligent in our proclamation of truth, it is also important for us to put the results of witnessing in the hands of our God, who is able to “save to the uttermost those who draw near to God through Him” (Hebrews 7:25). We can rest assured that, ultimately, it falls upon the Spirit to sway the hearts of those who are lost and open their eyes to Truth. Our job is to “always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect” (1 Peter 3:15), trusting God with the words that we are to say, praying diligently for the souls of those we witness to, and leaving the results to Him.https://www.gotquestions.org/witnessing-Mormons.html

Galatians 1:6-12 King James Version (KJV) But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed. As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.
You are making the assumption that your one in over 45,000 different protestant denominations has the one true gospel while all others don't. Yes we should all adhere to Christs true gospel but I don't believe that the one you have is it. So maybe your gospel is another gospel.

Did Peter ever have sex with his wife? Then he isn't one of them:

Rev. 14:1-4 "And I looked, and See!, the Lamb was standing upon Mount Zion and with him were 144,000 who have his name and the name of his father written on their foreheads ... These are the ones who have not defiled themselves with women, for they are virgins.
I explained what it actually meant. The blind guides have 0 clue.

I explained what it actually meant. The blind guides have 0 clue.
You don't have to explain. It means exactly what it says. 144,000 virgins is what it says and that is what it means. From the 12 tribes of Judah means they are Jewish. And NOWHERE does it say that they are the only ones Heaven bound. The whole Bible tells us otherwise.
Where are the decapitated martyrs calling for vengeance located? Under God's alter, and who are they inquiring of? Sovereign Lord. And where is our Sovereign Lord? Heaven.

Revelation 6:9-11

When he opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slain because of the word of God and the testimony they had maintained. They called out in a loud voice, “How long, Sovereign Lord, holy and true, until you judge the inhabitants of the earth and avenge our blood?” Then each of them was given a white robe, and they were told to wait a little longer

No wonder there is so much confusion concerning the Bible. Stop reading into it and just read it. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar...

Forum List

Back