John Prine, legendary singer/songwriter died today

Never heard of him.....and I'm sure the only reason he was mentioned was so the media could claim he died from COVID-19

You'd be wrong. John Prine was a legend among musicians and songwriters.
I havent recognized a single song he wrote, and i looked through a list of his hits. He wrote some songs for famous people, but they werent exactly famous songs. Im sure he had a couple, but nothing i recognize by name.

Never heard of him.....and I'm sure the only reason he was mentioned was so the media could claim he died from COVID-19

I havent recognized a single song he wrote, and i looked through a list of his hits. He wrote some songs for famous people, but they werent exactly famous songs. Im sure he had a couple, but nothing i recognize by name.

He never got the commercial recognition I think he deserved. But his fellow musicians were huge fans. Best lyricist ever.

The first 75 seconds from where I started this is pertinent, 37:15 to 38:30. Hope you enjoy:

subjective
[səbˈjektiv]

ADJECTIVE
  1. based on or influenced by personal feelings, tastes, or opinions. Contrasted with objective.
    "his views are highly subjective" ·
    [more]
    synonyms:
    personal · personalized · individual · internal · emotional · instinctive · intuitive · impressionistic · biased · prejudiced · bigoted · idiosyncratic · irrational · gut · gut reaction

This is what makes the world go around...

I wasn't aware of John Prine until reading about him on this thread.
Watched him belting out a few of his songs on YouTube.
Now I'm a big fan of his music and lyrics.
Especially liked it when he teamed up with Iris DeMent.
... :cool:

1617833378556.png

And daddy won't you take me back to Muhlenberg County
Down by the Green River where Paradise lay
Well, I'm sorry my son, but you're too late in asking
Mister Peabody's coal train has hauled it away…

FB_IMG_1667666975573.jpg

View attachment 721276
The Western Kentucky Parkway crosses the Green River into Muhlenberg County heading west. I started singing the song and my wife looked at me like I had lost my mind!

View attachment 721276

One of my favorite Prine songs!!

I didn't know about the John Prine bourbon. I'll have to find a bottle of that.

The Western Kentucky Parkway crosses the Green River into Muhlenberg County heading west. I started singing the song and my wife looked at me like I had lost my mind!

I do the same thing every time I cross the Green River. Prine wrote such amazing lyrics.

Forum List

Back