Judge Roy Moore defies feds: 'Law is very clear'

"This Court has long recognized that freedom of personal choice in matters of marriage and family life is one of the liberties protected by the Due Process Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment"
Two dudes being a family is quite a stretch of the imagination, they didn't say that, you are pretending it's applicable. If it's going to have a loosey goosey interpretation to be whatever the individuals want where are the boundaries? That's the fundamental problem with the gay marriage argument, they want the goal posts moved to include like genders, when no state had it defined that way, but yet, limit it to two people because it's traditional. It makes no sense.

"Judge Roy Moore defies feds: 'Law is very clear'"

The law is very clear that Moore is wrong:

• “8. The interpretation of the Fourteenth Amendment enunciated by this Court in the Brown case is the supreme law of the land, and Art. VI of the Constitution makes it of binding effect on the States "any Thing in the Constitution or Laws of any State to the Contrary notwithstanding." P. 18.

• 9. No state legislator or executive or judicial officer can war against the Constitution without violating his solemn oath to support it. P. 18.”
FindLaw Cases and Codes

The people are expected to follow the constitution but not Obama?

Sorry- That's not how it works

-Geaux
This is also willfully ignorant and stupid.

Tell us Clayton, how many times has the court ruled against Obama?

I can wait....

-Geaux

Is Obama continuing to apply laws that were ruled unconstitutional?

.Judge Roy Moore defies feds 8216 Law is very clear 8217

i thought it was odd that alabama would litigate marriage

this guy had a birther tie at one time.

the other thread on this seems a bit crowded.

The law is very clear. The Constitution is the supreme law of the land.
When was gay marriage decided on in the Supreme Court?

Alabama is under court order to allow gay marriage, which is a legal exercise of federal power.

.Judge Roy Moore defies feds 8216 Law is very clear 8217

i thought it was odd that alabama would litigate marriage

this guy had a birther tie at one time.

the other thread on this seems a bit crowded.

The law is very clear. The Constitution is the supreme law of the land.
When was gay marriage decided on in the Supreme Court?

Well, the Federal recognition of it came with Windsor. The rest will come when they rule in June.

Moore is the epitome of an activist judge.
He's actually the opposite of an activist judge, who makes his opinions known rather than follows the letter of the law. That is what judges are supposed to do instead of following what is politically-correct or make popular by a tyrant in the White House.

Obama Advisor Admits Obama Lied About Gay Marriage
Conn Carroll | Feb 10, 2015

bd346e2d-1763-4268-9d9e-5cca6a379b64.jpg

Former-Senior Advisor to President Obama David Axelrod admits in a new book that Obama lied about his opposition to gay marriage in order to become president.

"Opposition to gay marriage was particularly strong in the black church, and as he ran for higher office, he grudgingly accepted the counsel of more pragmatic folks like me, and modified his position to support civil unions rather than marriage, which he would term a 'sacred union,'"Axelrod writes in his new book, Believer: My Forty Years in Politics.

"Having prided himself on forthrightness, though, Obama never felt comfortable with his compromise and, no doubt, compromised position," Axelrod continues.

Time's Zeke Miller notes that in 2006, then-state senate candidate Obama told a Chicago gay and lesbian newspaper, "I favor legalizing same-sex marriages, and would fight efforts to prohibit such marriages."

It was only 12 years later, when he was seeking votes at Rick Warren’s Saddleback Church, that Obama said, "I believe that marriage is the union between a man and a woman. Now, for me as a Christian — for me — for me as a Christian, it is also a sacred union. God’s in the mix."

Obama maintained his false opposition to gay marriage until May 2012 when he told ABC News' he had "been going through an evolution on this issue."

"At a certain point I've just concluded that, for me personally, it is important for me to go ahead and affirm that I think same-sex couples should be able to get married," Obama explained.

The White House then avidly promoted Obama's new found enthusiasm for gay marriage, incorporating it into their reelection campaign outreach to Democratic constituencies like his 2012 Deferred Action for Child Arrivals program and the free birth control provisions of the Affordable Care Act.

Obama Advisor Admits Obama Lied About Gay Marriage - Conn Carroll

He's actually the opposite of an activist judge, who makes his opinions known rather than follows the letter of the law. That is what judges are supposed to do instead of following what is politically-correct or make popular by a tyrant in the White House.
Moore has repeatedly shown his bias in favor of Christianity. His previous defiance of the federal courts was about his installation of a 2 ton monument of the 10 Commandments in the state supreme courthouse lobby, and his refusal to allow any other displays there.

Former-Senior Advisor to President Obama David Axelrod admits in a new book that Obama lied about his opposition to gay marriage in order to become president.

"Opposition to gay marriage was particularly strong in the black church, and as he ran for higher office, he grudgingly accepted the counsel of more pragmatic folks like me, and modified his position to support civil unions rather than marriage, which he would term a 'sacred union,'"Axelrod writes in his new book, Believer: My Forty Years in Politics.

"Having prided himself on forthrightness, though, Obama never felt comfortable with his compromise and, no doubt, compromised position," Axelrod continues.

Time's Zeke Miller notes that in 2006, then-state senate candidate Obama told a Chicago gay and lesbian newspaper, "I favor legalizing same-sex marriages, and would fight efforts to prohibit such marriages."

It was only 12 years later, when he was seeking votes at Rick Warren’s Saddleback Church, that Obama said, "I believe that marriage is the union between a man and a woman. Now, for me as a Christian — for me — for me as a Christian, it is also a sacred union. God’s in the mix."

Obama maintained his false opposition to gay marriage until May 2012 when he told ABC News' he had "been going through an evolution on this issue."

"At a certain point I've just concluded that, for me personally, it is important for me to go ahead and affirm that I think same-sex couples should be able to get married," Obama explained.

The White House then avidly promoted Obama's new found enthusiasm for gay marriage, incorporating it into their reelection campaign outreach to Democratic constituencies like his 2012 Deferred Action for Child Arrivals program and the free birth control provisions of the Affordable Care Act.

Did he trick you into voting for him? lolol

• “8. The interpretation of the Fourteenth Amendment enunciated by this Court in the Brown case is the supreme law of the land, and Art. VI of the Constitution makes it of binding effect on the States "any Thing in the Constitution or Laws of any State to the Contrary notwithstanding." P. 18.

• 9. No state legislator or executive or judicial officer can war against the Constitution without violating his solemn oath to support it. P. 18.”
FindLaw Cases and Codes
Moore is a West Point graduate and holds a JD from U.Alabama. He's been a judge since 1992.
Which law school did you go to?

And when blacks and Hispanics voted no to gay marriage in California? I mean come on I could see that happening in Alabama but how do you explain that in California the liberal freak show state in the union.
Ignorance isn't exclusive to the deep south. It's just more prevalent.

Ahem the number of people who voted to ban gay marriage in California is greater than the entire population of Alabama. Further, in California 70% of blacks and 54% of Hispanics voted to ban gay marriage. So if the left or gay community has some issue with Alabama on gay marriage I think they need to speak to their own Democratic party base down there. KABOOM!!
It's stupid to put civil rights up for a popular vote, the people who organized such unconstitutional initiatives had to know they were eventually doomed.
Marriage isn't a civil right.
Incorrect, it certainly is a civil right, along with equal protection of the law.
No one is being denied equal protection.
Gays have the same opportunities to marry that straight people do.
Straight people lack the same opportunities to marry that gay people do.

Did he trick you into voting for him? lolol

I don't vote for people because of a single issue.

A politician lied in order to get elected?? Say it ain't so!!! I mean, what is the world coming to when a politician would actually LIE to win an election???

*the above statement is sarcasm*

Moore is not following the law and he is certainly making his opinions known. The judicial authority that supersedes Moore's found Alabama's anti gay marriage law unconstitutional. The Supreme Court of the United States chose not to stay that judge's ruling, making it the law.

Is there nothing you don't attribute to the President?

Ahem the number of people who voted to ban gay marriage in California is greater than the entire population of Alabama. Further, in California 70% of blacks and 54% of Hispanics voted to ban gay marriage. So if the left or gay community has some issue with Alabama on gay marriage I think they need to speak to their own Democratic party base down there. KABOOM!!
It's stupid to put civil rights up for a popular vote, the people who organized such unconstitutional initiatives had to know they were eventually doomed.
Incorrect, it certainly is a civil right, along with equal protection of the law.
Why do you even bother to post such a thing? It's so over. Give it up, you lost.

Moore has repeatedly shown his bias in favor of Christianity. His previous defiance of the federal courts was about his installation of a 2 ton monument of the 10 Commandments in the state supreme courthouse lobby, and his refusal to allow any other displays there.
At the door of the Supreme Court:
scdoor2.jpg

FindLaw Cases and Codes
Moore is a West Point graduate and holds a JD from U.Alabama. He's been a judge since 1992.
Which law school did you go to?

Callie Granade holds a JD from University of Texas, and hash been a judge since appointed to the bench by George W. Bush in 2001. So who are you to question her ruling?

What opportunities to marry are gays afforded that straights are not?

Forum List

Back