Kavanaugh Is An Extremist

This is a view that’s reasonable on the matter. I personally don’t like the idea of government paying for contraceptives (because they’re stupid cheap to begin with). But let’s pass a law, universal contraceptives for all, whatever contraception you want, but no more abortion (with exceptions to the .001% of cases of rape and incest, since it’s going to be brought up) . That’s a compromise that any pro-life person should be willing to make. You now have zero excuse to need an abortion other than your own irresponsibility. We cannot be the arbiters of covering for people’s irresponsibiltiy when dealing with the issue of human life. This is why we have manslaughter laws.
Okay, why is it we are paying for that and not for programs that teach people the consquences of their actions?

Besides, contraception is cheap and affordable for everyone. If that would be your answer, then bring it to your state legislature and advocate for it.

In My opinion, education is the panacea of nearly every social ill we face.
The overwhelming vast majority of people of childbearing age have been educated on the matter since at least 5th grade to the end of their high school. I don’t think education is the problem. The problem is in youth, doing as the youthful do, assuming they can get away with things and skip steps when the correct steps aren’t ready for them at the moment. That moment being when they’re horny AF with hormones raging through their body. There would still be dumbasses and lazy people, my proposal is to eliminate any excuse they have for their laziness and dumbassery.
Strange. I know a majority of young people who haven't done any such thing. Unless of course, you have stats showing that a majority of young people are having babies out o wedlock or unprotected sex?

No? I've looked at the stats.

The rate of teenage sex is high, but it is by no means, a majority or even common practice. While I would like to see that number at zero, the truth is, it is ony a percentage and that means that the education IS working.
Look at the stats that deal with black kids in ghetto districts.

You'll see an entirely different story.

Because the state reigns supreme in poverty stricken areas that are dependent upon state goodies. And they promote, teach and reward promiscuity.
Or it means education has come to a point of diminishing returns. The phrase “lead a horse to water” comes to mind. How many ways have we told people not to drink and drive, not to do heroin or meth, etc? How many different ways have we taught the STEM fields? There’s always going to be a population where education doesn’t stick. You and the government cannot eliminate that. You could Clockwork orange people all day, people are still going to make stupid choices. In a matter of this magnitude, why not put the damn water in a bottle with a straw right in front of their mouth, eliminate the step of them having to spend half a day to go out and get contraception?
We've been doing that for the past 50 years.

And we've witnessed an unprecedented increase in out of wedlock births and abortion.

It doesn't work. They are educated about the mechanics. They understand the mechanics. The contraceptives are available. That isn't the problem, and never has been.

Margret Sanger the founder of PP called abortion the solution to the Negro problem. Sounds racist to me, just one mans opinion.

It surely does. However, I doubt very much that black women right now who are aborting babies they cannot afford even know or care about what Marget Sanger thought.

I offered no moral implication to My statement. I simply reported the issue as I see it.

The point is how all the "progressive women", like the clinton bitch hold Sanger up to almost deity status, it's called a shared vision.

So, your argument is going to change how many minds and affect how many abortions occur?

I think you're confusing a simple statement of fact as an argument. I don't really expect the ignorance that pursues elective abortions to avail themselves of facts in advance of killing their child.

So, then I have to ask. Why bother to talk about it on a forum when you know no one's minds will be changed?

Because I wanted to, I need no reason other than that.

You don't seem to understand that abortion is not the major service provided by planned parenthood. Maybe you ought to look into what they do for women's health issues.

Actually, abortion is the major cash generator for Planned Parenthood.

Planned Parenthood is very disingenuous with regard to the services they provide. They have a, shall we say, unique way of promoting their services for public consumption. They use the term contacts, to demonstrate how "small" a part of their overall services are abortions.

For instance, if a woman comes into a Planned Parenthood facility for birth control pills, and comes in once a month all year, that is listed by Planned Parenthood as TWELVE contacts. If a woman comes in for an abortion, that is ONE contact. Planned Parenthoods way of thinking expresses this as abortions making up merely 8% of their MANY services.

This is one f the dumbest OPs in the history of USMB and that is saying something.
And it took so long to join us?? Step on up tell us how Trump is doing a great job tell us our presidency our congress and now our SC hasn't gone to the dogs ,,,,blame all dems for looking for the truth

Dems looking for the truth? Lol! Dems are always looking for the upper hand, the truth is secondary. You are no different than the Republican Party, two sides wanting power, the truth be damned.

Leah isn’t looking for facts or honesty, he is wanting to ruin Kavanaugh.
Kavanaugh is just a trump toady to bail him out

That is the Dem lies, that is all it is and you bought it hook, line and sinker and if it ever came down to it I would be the Kavanaugh would up hold the Constitution over Trump.

HE'S BEING RAMMED DOWN OUR THROATS

So they hide as much of it as possible out of a fear that if more of it came to light, they will pay at the polls. Come November, voters can make that fear come true.

https://www.nytimes.com/…/brett-kavanaugh-confirmation-hear…

And the Democrats rammed their choice down our throats. Kavanaugh will follow the Constitution over a President. You going to keep jumping around with your excuses?

The unprecedented increase in out of wedlock and abortions are due to former President Lyndon Johnson's War on Poverty.

With the War on Poverty came changes in morals for our country. Women's were rewarded for having children out of wedlock. Low-income workers may be low income but they're not stupid. It quickly made sense that to increase their dole from the government, simply live together and not be married. The woman collected more from the government for each child and she had no need for a husband.

This also led to black men no longer being the head of the family. At one time, the black family unit was one of the strongest among the various races. It is now one of the weakest.

Black%20Family%20collapse-S.jpg

All thanks for Democrats and Progressives.

Two take away's from Kavanaugh's statements:

• He called our form of government a Constitutional Republic, a code word for those who disdain democracy;
  • He called contraceptives a form of abortion, again a code dear to the hearts of social conservatives.
He was not transparent, and not willing to take a stand on Executive Power's, claiming he cannot answer a hypothetical question.

BTW, most of us who have been interviewed for a job are asked a serious of questions, many which are hypothetical. As someone who has sat on numerous panels applicants I can assure the reader that anyone who refused to offer a response to a hypothetical would not be hired.
Do you think Kagan was anymore forthcoming?
NY Times: Kagan 'Follows Precedent' by Not Offering Opinions, While Kavanaugh 'Ducks Questions'

I have no idea how forthcoming Kagan was or any other member of the S. C. I do know we are in interesting / dangerous times, and that Trump is the cause. That he is in danger of impeachment, he choose a judge for the nomination who might put a sitting President above the law. kavanaugh's resistance to answering questions on the extent of Presidential Privilege and Power is telling.
I'm sorry but that's just nonsense. The reality is that you're holding Kavanaugh to one set of standards and everyone else to another. His qualifications haven't changed since he was confirmed to the Appeals Court. It is beyond ridiculous that liberals are using the fact that they don't like Trump to abuse and be nasty to someone who doesn't deserve it. As far as Trump goes, he hasn't done a damned impeachable thing. Pay attention and you're going to see that Trump's "Russia" connections are tied directly to the DNC so clearly that even liberals aren't going to be able to deny it. You don't get to impeach someone just because you don't personally like him.

Well, this is not the thread for it, but My take is that abortion in black communities has more to do with the absent father problem. So, black women abort more often for economic reasons than any other reason.

Just one man's opinion.

Margret Sanger the founder of PP called abortion the solution to the Negro problem. Sounds racist to me, just one mans opinion.

It surely does. However, I doubt very much that black women right now who are aborting babies they cannot afford even know or care about what Marget Sanger thought.

I offered no moral implication to My statement. I simply reported the issue as I see it.

The point is how all the "progressive women", like the clinton bitch hold Sanger up to almost deity status, it's called a shared vision.

So, your argument is going to change how many minds and affect how many abortions occur?

I think you're confusing a simple statement of fact as an argument. I don't really expect the ignorance that pursues elective abortions to avail themselves of facts in advance of killing their child.

Of course you don't think, and your lack of empathy also goes to the fetus, who people like you exploit for votes.

And no one mentioned this 12 years ago when democrats confirmed him to the second highest court in the country. Whoopsie. It slipped their collander shaped minds.
This person didn’t come forward at that time.

Well it ain't gonna happen. Deal with it. If a dimocrap potus can lie under oath and not be removed from office (and be cheered and defended for doing so), why wouldn't y'all apply the same standard from that point on?
He was impeached. So Kavanaugh should also be impeached? I agree.

"I do not raise that question lightly, but I am certain it must be raised"

Newly released emails show that while he was working to move through President George W. Bush’s judicial nominees in the early 2000s, Kavanaugh received confidential memos, letters, and talking points of Democratic staffers stolen by GOP Senate aide Manuel Miranda. That includes research and talking points Miranda stole from the Senate server after I had written them for the Senate Judiciary Committee as the chief counsel for nominations for the minority.

Receiving those memos and letters alone is not an impeachable offense.

No, Kavanaugh should be removed because he was repeatedly asked under oath as part of his 2004 and 2006 confirmation hearings for his position on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit about whether he had received such information from Miranda, and each time he falsely denied it.

Mostly the left just want poor black babies aborted though. They send young black men to Dem prisons and bus young black women to abortion mills.

Jesus Christ. Stop fucking lying. What's wrong with you people?

Race for one thing has nothing to do with any of this
That's funny...how is it that most abortion factories are in black neighborhoods?

And how is it that black babies are aborted at an exponentially higher rate than white babies?

I mean, if it's not a racial thing..how do you explain that? Why is almost all abortion advertisement aimed at people of color and distributed among that population?
Black-leaders-compare-Planned-Parenthood-to-the-Klan.jpg
Those meme generators are great! But you should have gone with something more believable, like “Barbra Streisand has sold more albums than Beyoncé”.

Mostly the left just want poor black babies aborted though. They send young black men to Dem prisons and bus young black women to abortion mills.

Jesus Christ. Stop fucking lying. What's wrong with you people?

Race for one thing has nothing to do with any of this
That's funny...how is it that most abortion factories are in black neighborhoods?

And how is it that black babies are aborted at an exponentially higher rate than white babies?

I mean, if it's not a racial thing..how do you explain that? Why is almost all abortion advertisement aimed at people of color and distributed among that population?
Black-leaders-compare-Planned-Parenthood-to-the-Klan.jpg

Well, this is not the thread for it, but My take is that abortion in black communities has more to do with the absent father problem. So, black women abort more often for economic reasons than any other reason.

Just one man's opinion.

Link?

Newly released emails show that while he was working to move through President George W. Bush’s judicial nominees in the early 2000s, Kavanaugh received confidential memos, letters, and talking points of Democratic staffers stolen by GOP Senate aide Manuel Miranda. That includes research and talking points Miranda stole from the Senate server after I had written them for the Senate Judiciary Committee as the chief counsel for nominations for the minority.

Receiving those memos and letters alone is not an impeachable offense.

Actually it does if he knew they were stolen...and e-mails show he did

That would probably be illegal and definitely be unethical. Either of which should remove him from the bench.

And then there are all the lies he told as well.

In 2001, three intellectually disabled D.C. residents brought suit against the city in Doe ex rel. Tarlow v. D.C, after they were subjected to at least three involuntary procedures: two abortions and one elective eye surgery.

Ultimately, the district court agreed that these women’s due process rights had been violated and that “constitutionally adequate procedures” had not been followed.

The District Court ruled for the plaintiffs and held that D.C. must make “documented reasonable efforts to communicate” with patients and if unsuccessful, the government had to take into account the “totality of circumstances” before proceeding to ensure any decision is in the best interest of the patient.

This decision codified patients’ right to self-determination, and struck down the practice of elective surgeries without consent from the patients at stake.

On appeal, Judge Kavanaugh vacated the District Court’s injunction, arguing that “accepting the wishes of patients who lack, and have always lacked the mental capacity to make medical decisions does not make logical sense.” That stands in contrast to even the most conservative interpretations of the laws that existed at the time, which required two separate health professionals to determine whether a patient had the capacity to make medical decisions before every procedure. The lifetime pass Kavanaugh seems to be arguing for, which would allow doctors to perform any procedures they wanted on a person who was once ruled unfit, does not exist.

Kavanaugh Thinks It's Okay to Perform Elective Surgery on People Without Their Consent

Twenty-eight years ago, the Americans with Disabilities Act granted people with disabilities access to society. The Individuals with Disabilities Education Act expanded the right to an education 43 years ago, and the Olmstead v. L.C. decision gave disabled people the right to live in their communities 19 years ago.

All that will be meaningless the moment Kavanaugh is given a seat on the Supreme Court that allows him to rule that disabled Americans are not capable of deciding what’s best for them. It’s not hard to imagine that happening. He could rule that it’s okay for teachers to use seclusion and restraint because they know what’s best for the treatment of disabled children in school. He could say that community living isn’t the best option for someone successfully living in a home of their own because that’s what the nursing home lobby says. As both Democrats and Republicans in the Senate gear up for what is likely to be a long hearing process, the 57 million Americans with disabilities are bracing themselves for the negative consequences of Judge Kavanaugh’s appointment.

Kavanaugh will not overturn RVW.
He will if public opinion turns more against abortion.
I doubt it. Of course if public opinion turns against abortion it's what the people want.
^^^ two morons who think public opinion, not the Constitution, is what matters.
Abortion isn't supported by the Constitution....
Neither is Jesus or Capitalism.

Kavanaugh will not overturn RVW.
He will if public opinion turns more against abortion.
I doubt it. Of course if public opinion turns against abortion it's what the people want.
^^^ two morons who think public opinion, not the Constitution, is what matters.
Abortion isn't supported by the Constitution....

Life is a human right that the constitution protects.
So there’s no capital punishment?

You’re not smart.

Forum List

Back