Keeping guns from criminals - liberals, what is your plan?

Did you hunt for food, or the simple pleasure of killing one of God's creations?

Go with the latter. Handing a child a firearm and teaching them such a brutal senseless act is just so unwise and unnecessary. There are many other child activities out there for them to get into. Dressing em up in camo and teaching them to kill & maim defenseless animals, shouldn't be one of em.

ARE YOU A VEGETARIAN

In my experience, i've observed very few if any camo-wearing tiny-dicked hunters hunting to survive. They kill and maim for fun. They're sick fucks. And they're pussies too.
You've never hunted, have you?
Have you ever collected anything? Done anything that would make you self sufficient? Have you ever accomplished something that took a great deal of effort?
There is no joy in taking an animal. There is a sense of accomplishment and some pride that all the training and practice has paid off.

Yes, i have hunted. A regrettable time of my life. Nowadays i prefer to observe and enjoy nature and God's creatures. I can afford that luxury.

Most camo-wearing jackholes i've met, don't hunt for survival. They kill and maim innocent defenseless animals because they think it's fun. I truly despise them.

I have a lot of friends that fish. They don't need to fish to survive, they just enjoy fishing and eating their kill.

Talking with Gun Nuts about guns is like talking to Drug Addicts and Alcoholics about their problems. They're in denial. They take it personally and resent you for trying to speak reason with em. Their guns & bullets are like a crack addict's crack. You can't get through to em. But sometimes it's ok to try.
There hasn't been any "reason" in anything you said.

Like i said, a Gun Nut is like an average Drug Addict or Alcoholic. So caught up in their addiction, they lose all sense of reason. It's all about the guns, bullets, killing, maiming, and so on...

There are people addicted to everything. That isn't an argument

I sold guns at one point. I saw too many Gun-addicted Nuts out there. I don't want them handing their children firearms. I truly regret selling so many their firearms. Many of them just shouldn't have had guns.

No, you don't know any gun nuts. You know people that set your paranoia off making you think they were gun nuts. In fact, you've even leveled that accusation on most everybody else on this thread.

You remind me of those people in race discussion topics that think everybody is a racist because they don't like the big eared clown in the White House.

I lived in a western state for some thirty years, during that time I got to know the various varieties of gun-people pretty well. The one variety that bothered me was the lovers of guns.
To me, guns they were just objects, some quite well made but still just a tool for one use and that was killing things. Some expressed the sentiment that their family would not go hungry as long as they had that super expensive rifle. Yet it seemed to me that venison or other wild meat once on the table cost about fifty times the value of just going to the market and buying a tasty product.
Some of my friends would insist on showing me their arsenal every visit, and I would ooh and ah for them. Most all had the standard arguments for the necessity of guns as put forth by the NRA.
Did I own guns? Yep off and on but never adored them nor felt my life depended on them, they were just guns, guns meant to kill things.

So what's wrong with people who love guns? How are they different than people like Jay Leno who loves and collects antique cars? Or how about people that are obsessed with coins? Once I had a close friend obsessed with guitars. He had a bedroom with over $100,000 worth of guitars. I've even met one lady who was obsessed with tropical birds.

You don't understand this fascination with guns, yet you think you know the mentality of those who are. The first gun I bought was from the father of a friend of mine. He had a whole basement full of guns and ammo. He was an older retired guy who used to sell them at flea markets and gun shows. There wasn't a gun made that he couldn't give you a ten minute lecture on.

I have a gun collection. I am the oldest on both sides of my family, so the guns pretty much went from both sides to me as my prior generation family members died. The oldest are a civil war gun and bayonet. I have revolvers, rifles and shotguns. The collection I don't shoot anymore. My old shotguns even if I did want to shoot require lead pellets. The steel ones they make now would shred them. I wouldn't shoot them now anyway, I don't want to damage them. They are decades, many almost a century old. When I was a kid though I did shoot them, I didn't think, about posterity then, they were just free guns. I got the most valuable ones, like the civil war gun, later when I was in my 20s. One is a ten gauge shotgun, wow, that was a kick.

My mother never talked to me about guns, but when my grandfather and uncle died for example she got the guns and gave them to me. My brother was more interested in coins, he has a nice coin collection. Interestingly he's the one who went into the military, he went to the Naval Academy and was in Gulf War I. You never know how these things will turn out....

I love the collection though. It also reminds me of my family. Of course on Friday nights I like to put on my camos and hang out in front of Pollyticians house. Spooks the crap out of him and cracks me up. Win-win! Don't tell him it's me though

I lived in a western state for some thirty years, during that time I got to know the various varieties of gun-people pretty well. The one variety that bothered me was the lovers of guns.
To me, guns they were just objects, some quite well made but still just a tool for one use and that was killing things. Some expressed the sentiment that their family would not go hungry as long as they had that super expensive rifle. Yet it seemed to me that venison or other wild meat once on the table cost about fifty times the value of just going to the market and buying a tasty product.
Some of my friends would insist on showing me their arsenal every visit, and I would ooh and ah for them. Most all had the standard arguments for the necessity of guns as put forth by the NRA.
Did I own guns? Yep off and on but never adored them nor felt my life depended on them, they were just guns, guns meant to kill things.

So what's wrong with people who love guns? How are they different than people like Jay Leno who loves and collects antique cars? Or how about people that are obsessed with coins? Once I had a close friend obsessed with guitars. He had a bedroom with over $100,000 worth of guitars. I've even met one lady who was obsessed with tropical birds.

You don't understand this fascination with guns, yet you think you know the mentality of those who are. The first gun I bought was from the father of a friend of mine. He had a whole basement full of guns and ammo. He was an older retired guy who used to sell them at flea markets and gun shows. There wasn't a gun made that he couldn't give you a ten minute lecture on.

I have a gun collection. I am the oldest on both sides of my family, so the guns pretty much went from both sides to me as my prior generation family members died. The oldest are a civil war gun and bayonet. I have revolvers, rifles and shotguns. The collection I don't shoot anymore. My old shotguns even if I did want to shoot require lead pellets. The steel ones they make now would shred them. I wouldn't shoot them now anyway, I don't want to damage them. They are decades, many almost a century old. When I was a kid though I did shoot them, I didn't think, about posterity then, they were just free guns. I got the most valuable ones, like the civil war gun, later when I was in my 20s. One is a ten gauge shotgun, wow, that was a kick.

My mother never talked to me about guns, but when my grandfather and uncle died for example she got the guns and gave them to me. My brother was more interested in coins, he has a nice coin collection. Interestingly he's the one who went into the military, he went to the Naval Academy and was in Gulf War I. You never know how these things will turn out....

I love the collection though. It also reminds me of my family. Of course on Friday nights I like to put on my camos and hang out in front of Pollyticians house. Spooks the crap out of him and cracks me up. Win-win! Don't tell him it's me though

Lol. I'm not much of a gun collector. I have a few for protection. It's kind of expensive to go shooting all the time. Ammo is an arm and a leg at the end of the day.

But I do know people like yourself who do buy and collect guns. Nothing wrong with that. It's like what a friend of mine told me: you don't ever lose money on guns. Most always go up in value if anything.

Just like you never see any mass shootings from kids that were handed guns to them by their parents, you seldom (if at all) see any mass shootings from people that had a large gun collection or had an obsession with guns.

Why is it unwise? I happen to like venison. It is necessary that I shoot a deer in order for me to eat venison.
Ugly brutal violence is all around us AND our kids. Guns don't cause violence. Violent people cause violence.
Toss violent people in prison for life for all I care but leave people who engage in a legal hobby and exercise their God given rights the fuck alone

You're an adult, so go hunting. I'm talking about children. Wait till they're adults before handing them a firearm.
Did you wait until your kids were adults before you taught then to swim? Let them ride a bike?

Yeah, cause that's the same thing. Come on man.

No, it's not the same thing, it's even more important. Guns aren't magic firing sticks, they are tools to be respected and kids need to be taught to use them safely. The earlier you start that the better. Telling them they can't touch them until they are 18 makes them like alcohol or cigarettes, something to do if you want to be bad. It's the total wrong message

Or it's just the logical safe thing to do. We don't give our children cigarettes and alcohol. There are many other child activities out there that don't involve the possibility of them blowing their heads off. Explore those instead.

Do you realize that more kids are killed by cars than are killed by guns........and that each year we hand keys of these machines to 16 year old kids...........and let them drive on their own...often with their teenage friends....

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nvsr64/nvsr64_02.pdf

From the CDC table 10, 2013.......motor vehicle deaths by age group...

Under 1: 68

5-14: 425

15-24: 6,968

Accidental deaths of children due to guns in 2013...all ages (1-14): 69

Give them guns, keep them out of cars.......

And we haven't even begun to discuss how many children die from guns accidentally. Or kids committing suicide with guns. How and why are children accessing firearms so easily? What's going on?

This is it….

Intentional self-harm (suicide) by discharge of firearms (X72-X74)

youths, 1-14: 138

The number should be zero. Children shouldn't have access to firearms period. How are they getting the firearms so easily?

148....out of 320 million people....really? That is your come back? over 320 million guns in private hands? That is incredibly responsible for the number of guns out there.

And we haven't even begun to discuss how many children die from guns accidentally. Or kids committing suicide with guns. How and why are children accessing firearms so easily? What's going on?

This is it….

Intentional self-harm (suicide) by discharge of firearms (X72-X74)

youths, 1-14: 138

The number should be zero. Children shouldn't have access to firearms period. How are they getting the firearms so easily?

148....out of 320 million people....really? That is your come back? over 320 million guns in private hands? That is incredibly responsible for the number of guns out there.

Now he's going to come back with that one child is too many. Our response is one murder which could have been prevented is too many and gun laws should be eliminated.

I like how liberals argue the are smarter because they are not all black and white like we are while proving they are black and white to the absurdly extreme

If you knew all these people in "a western state" and the biggest thing that struck you were the gun nuts, then you are lying your ass off, you didn't have that experience. I grew up in Kalamazoo, Michigan (source of "kaz") We had friends who were hunters, many of the parents were veterans of Korea and Vietnam. Guns are taken very seriously. Back then when you left Kalamazoo, you were in the country. It has grown a lot since then. Guns were just around. Unlike your inner city snob stereotyping of guns, "guns" weren't generally a topic of discussion. Hunting, shooting, those were. Guns are a tool.

My best friend in high school's brother came back from an afternoon hunting trip once. My friend, his father and I were talking. He came up and talked about something he was hunting. His father was a pilot in Vietnam. I saw him get angry once in my life. This was the time. The son answered, "I think it was..." His father turned purple, grounded him and removed his gun rights for months. He said you never shoot at anything unless you KNOW what it is. That's the culture. Obviously you don't know that, your story is bull
I have fond memories of Michigan, from Three Rivers to Battle Creek and my discharge from Percy Jones, but I lived in a northwestern state that had hunters galore and I had little patience with those that seemed to have a love affair with guns. Why guns seemed to mean so much to some, I never understood. To others they were just another tool, maybe a little more valuable than the toilet plunger but just another appliance that needed more upkeep. I think the NRA uses this love to keep the money coming in.
I just gave away my last gun, a Japanese Ariska with bayonet,

If you knew all these people in "a western state" and the biggest thing that struck you were the gun nuts, then you are lying your ass off, you didn't have that experience. I grew up in Kalamazoo, Michigan (source of "kaz") We had friends who were hunters, many of the parents were veterans of Korea and Vietnam. Guns are taken very seriously. Back then when you left Kalamazoo, you were in the country. It has grown a lot since then. Guns were just around. Unlike your inner city snob stereotyping of guns, "guns" weren't generally a topic of discussion. Hunting, shooting, those were. Guns are a tool.

My best friend in high school's brother came back from an afternoon hunting trip once. My friend, his father and I were talking. He came up and talked about something he was hunting. His father was a pilot in Vietnam. I saw him get angry once in my life. This was the time. The son answered, "I think it was..." His father turned purple, grounded him and removed his gun rights for months. He said you never shoot at anything unless you KNOW what it is. That's the culture. Obviously you don't know that, your story is bull
I have fond memories of Michigan, from Three Rivers to Battle Creek and my discharge from Percy Jones, but I lived in a northwestern state that had hunters galore and I had little patience with those that seemed to have a love affair with guns. Why guns seemed to mean so much to some, I never understood. To others they were just another tool, maybe a little more valuable than the toilet plunger but just another appliance that needed more upkeep. I think the NRA uses this love to keep the money coming in.

J.R.R. Tolkien explained it really well...

“I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.”

J.R.R. Tolkien, The Two Towers
tags: faramir

That is really what it is about.....guns allow the weak to fight and beat the strong who are evil.......that is all you need to know...

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
Why should we let children do anything then? They should not do anything until they are adults so they can decide for themselves.

You don't get the concept of parents do you Holmes? It's government's job to raise our children. And they are so good at it!

Start being a good parent by not handing your child a firearm. That's a good start.

Yes, it is. Teaching them to respect guns and know how to use it is my job, no one else's

Handing a child a firearm does not a 'good parent' make. Why not just hand them some cigarettes and alcohol too?

Begging the question

No, it is not. It was a question, and limited to a yes or no response. Begging the Question is to post a circular argument, one wherein the premise assumes the truth of the conclusion - please, for you own sake, stop proving your ignorance and making others laugh at you.
You, sir, are the one being laughed at here.
Thanks for the entertainment.

I have an Arisaka... I've killed a lot of deer with that one.

Start being a good parent by not handing your child a firearm. That's a good start.

Yes, it is. Teaching them to respect guns and know how to use it is my job, no one else's

Handing a child a firearm does not a 'good parent' make. Why not just hand them some cigarettes and alcohol too?

Begging the question

No, it is not. It was a question, and limited to a yes or no response. Begging the Question is to post a circular argument, one wherein the premise assumes the truth of the conclusion - please, for you own sake, stop proving your ignorance and making others laugh at you.

You're most welcome, my ego isn't a bit harmed by the laughter of obsessive fools, that you find the slaughter of innocents humorous suggests a good deal about you, and none of it is funny.

Begging the question

You're most welcome, my ego isn't a bit harmed by the laughter of obsessive fools, that you find the slaughter of innocents humorous suggests a good deal about you, and none of it is funny.
What I find humorous is your arrogant use of the "death of innocents" to promote your agenda.

Begging the question

What I find humorous is your arrogant use of the "death of innocents" to promote your agenda.

Taken out of context it is simply another lie by M14. Of course the fact is innocents have died in mass in recent years, I suppose gun lovers find any reference to such events a recent to celebrate, and spread rumors of governmental plans to confiscate guns; thus creating an influx of new sales for the industry which provides the tools for mass murder.

Please feel free to post more stupid comments, it enhances your resume as an outstanding member of the crazy right wing.

I have an Arisaka... I've killed a lot of deer with that one.
I guess the chrysanthemum was the biggie on those rifles, if it had been removed it was of less value because it no longer belonged to the Emperor.

Begging the question

Taken out of context it is simply another lie by M14. Of course the fact is innocents have died in mass in recent years, I suppose gun lovers find any reference to such events a recent to celebrate, and spread rumors of governmental plans to confiscate guns; thus creating an influx of new sales for the industry which provides the tools for mass murder.

Please feel free to post more stupid comments, it enhances your resume as an outstanding member of the crazy right wing.

So when every time there's a shooting Obama is the first slut behind a microphone followed by the who's who of leftists, that's us celebrating shootings. What an idiot you are. Seriously

for you own sake, stop proving your ignorance and making others laugh at you.

for your own sake, grow a pair and be man enough to speak for yourself rather than creating in your mind legions of non-existant followers who hang on your every word.

I is a far more powerful word than we. We means you don't have enough masculinity to stand on your own, I means you do

Begging the question

Our spike in gun and ammo purchases had nothing to do with the NRA, it had to do with the top salesman for guns: Barack Obama.

Begging the question

Nor does it bother you in the slightest that you can only argue from emotion, ignorance and/or dishonesty.

Forum List

Back