Legal pot in Colorado claims it's first victim

Pot is more potent today and some people's brain react with abnormal reactions that could lead to killing themselves, but many times it leads to depression and other mental problems.

Once again -- no link, no source, just ipse dixit. Same thing we've heard since ... .1937.
snore.gif

Pogo im sure they have learned a thing or two over the years and are growing better stuff....back in the 70's i knew a guy who had about 10 plants growing in his back yard and even he had it labled A,B.and C for its potency...and the A stuff was better than the other 2...

If you've never seen them, here are some studies that show adverse effects on infants during fetal development and even breastfeeding when the mother is the user:

Unfortunately, the article is not happy news for everyone, particularly the person who grows up suffering from any of the consequences mentioned. Here's just an excerpt or two:

There are mountains of scientific studies, Pogo. You just have to know where to find them if you really want to know what an enemy THC is to the developing human being, not to mention how it turns people depressed, anxious, and even bipolar behaviors in chronic users.

Life is hard on the body. THC is a terrible crazymaker to neural pathways in that body for reasons listed in those studies that track neurotransmitters.

Sorry. :(

Sure, nobody wants poisoned infants. That's a given.

But that's not what that poster's point was at all.
In societies in which there is a free flow of pot, children get it at home either by parent's hand or the child. High parents aren't always responsible parents when they're under the age of 60. They may be high enough to forget that children could be getting as much cannabinoid as they from second hand smoke.

The ignorance about the effects of marijuana on childrens' bodies and their parents' mental health abounds. It's a social drug. Parents want their children to be social animals. That's why it is a huge problem, Pogo. Children are the future of the nation and possibly world freedom. They deserve the right to have a healthy mind and body.

The future is not big in our day-to-day world, but it's huge to the people who will be living in the world in 25, 50, 100 years from today.

What happens in the uterus doesn't stay in the uterus. :eusa_whistle:

Sorry Becki but I feel you're bringing in a red herring (a smoked one maybe ;) ) -- the point had nothing to do with children.

And what you have here:
High parents aren't always responsible parents when they're under the age of 60. They may be high enough to forget that children could be getting as much cannabinoid as they from second hand smoke.
-- is pure speculation. You're assuming a cannabis indulger doesn't know that the practice might affect judgment and therefore wouldn't take care to isolate one's use from circumstances where such judgment is needed, which from my observations is not at all the case; you're further assuming that it's always smoked indoors or in some trapped area where secondhand smoke would infringe on bystanders (ditto).

Are you saying then, that legalizing cannabis would lead to a change in parental care?

Pot is more potent today and some people's brain react with abnormal reactions that could lead to killing themselves, but many times it leads to depression and other mental problems.

Once again -- no link, no source, just ipse dixit. Same thing we've heard since ... .1937.
snore.gif

Pogo im sure they have learned a thing or two over the years and are growing better stuff....back in the 70's i knew a guy who had about 10 plants growing in his back yard and even he had it labled A,B.and C for its potency...and the A stuff was better than the other 2...

I'm referring there more to the latter part of that post -- the part about "could lead to" and "many" -- speculations attached to nothing but the imagination.

I hope all legalization proponents support further drug legalization, like cocaine, meth etc. Lets not be hypocrites here.

Our society reminds me more of Brave New World by the day. Marijuana(soma), just another sedative, another distraction; one of the many types of bread and circuses for the masses while their birth right is stolen by corrupt elites.

Our society reminds me more of Brave New World by the day. Marijuana(soma), just another sedative, another distraction; one of the many types of bread and circuses for the masses while their birth right is stolen by corrupt elites.

"A sedated populace is a pliable populace"

snore.gif

I'm referring there more to the latter part of that post -- the part about "could lead to" and "many" -- speculations attached to nothing but the imagination.

well i just read an article about what has gone on with Pot in California in the 17 years since they legalized Medical Pot....i found this article it is pretty similar to the one i read in a Medical Mag in the Doctors Office......

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/27/u...nabis-for-california.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

Pot today is 1000 times more potent than ever before. It destroys your brain. We need to elect a president who will enforse federal drug laws and put some legislators in Colorado and Washington in jail.

What are you basing this claim on? I just returned from Amsterdam and had done good, strong weed, but nothing like you describe.

George Soros is largest donor behind legalization effort. What a surprise...

Billionaire George Soros behind major push for marijuana legalization ? RT USA

The elites only promote "freedom" so long as it coincides with their political agenda.

Worthless old racist cocksucker. I hope he dies from a stroke soon. He is the personification of "Progressive Nazi".

But, you think a person as filled with hate as yourself should live?

Sure you can. Or are you under the impression that no sellers ever add substances to their supply to make it more in demand? A good chunk of the stuff out there now is not naturaly grown weed.

Sorry, you still can't hallucinate with pot. I've been trying for years! :D

Since I personally have I'm gonna have to call bullshit.

What is it with people who haven't seen or experienced something thinking it isn't real or doesn't happen?

How much alcohol had you consumed along with the weed?

Marijuana is an entry level drug. Laugh about if you want to but every heroin addict or crack head started out on marijuana. At a point in history when state and local and federal agencies are cracking down on cigarette smoking we have the pot-head revolution. Only in a democrat administration could such hypocrisy be sustained. I saw a mainstream (probably A.P.) newsfeed on the computer today suggesting that parents are moving to Colorado so their "sick children" could enjoy the miracle of marijuana therapy. The stupid story is obviously intended to impact the low information left by suggesting that pot-heads "do it for the children" while children are dying from marijuana junk.

When you consider how many pot smokers have never done heroin or crack, your claim is bullshit. Being around a culture where the people selling weed are also selling harder drugs might make one tempted to try harder drugs. This is why the Dutch allow you to purchase and smoke weed in coffee shops.

That would be whatever it is laced with causing the hallucinations then, wouldn't it?

Of course. But unless you're growing your own how would you know until you smoked it

Depending on what and how much it is laced with, it might be detectible by one or more senses.

But yes, you'd have to be able to trust the person you are getting the pot from. However, if it's being regulated, one would hope that the pot bought in a store undergoes some form of quality control. More, if it's legal, there are legal avenues available to go after someone if they do sell you tainted marijuana. While it's illegal, who do you turn to if you get some pot laced with LSD or another hallucinogen?

Jimmy Carter of course.

https://screen.yahoo.com/ask-president-carter-000000735.html At the 2:40 mark.

I'd start out with some old Pink Floyd, followed by some Alan Parsons Project.

Seriously, it would have to be something you eat. Fire destroys LSD.

snore.gif

The selective breeding occurred many generations ago. It was forgotten in America. Yes the Mexican dirt weed of the 70's was not very good, but on the other side of the world the cannabis plants they were growing in say Lebanon or the Kush Valley, were defiantly as potent as the plants of today.

I hope all legalization proponents support further drug legalization, like cocaine, meth etc. Lets not be hypocrites here.

Apples and oranges. Meth and coke are physically harmful and/or addictive. Different class altogether. I'll refer you back to my first post here: government needs to quit lying about it.

please set forth all effects which would justify keeping pot illegal while you can walk into your local grocery store and buy a case of beer.

George Soros is largest donor behind legalization effort. What a surprise...

Billionaire George Soros behind major push for marijuana legalization ? RT USA

The elites only promote "freedom" so long as it coincides with their political agenda.

Worthless old racist cocksucker. I hope he dies from a stroke soon. He is the personification of "Progressive Nazi".

He's off the deep end at this point. Everybody but him is "Nazi". Obviously cannabis is not in his repertoire. That sounds much more like alcohol.

He's off the deep end at this point. Everybody but him is "Nazi". Obviously cannabis is not in his repertoire. That sounds much more like alcohol.

Again (as in 90% of your posts) you are wrong. The only (Nazis) are liberals. YOU are a typical Nazi. George Soros is a Nazi. "Progressive Liberals" are Nazis.

Get it now?

snore.gif

The selective breeding occurred many generations ago. It was forgotten in America. Yes the Mexican dirt weed of the 70's was not very good, but on the other side of the world the cannabis plants they were growing in say Lebanon or the Kush Valley, were defiantly as potent as the plants of today.

There's no doubt that potency varies from one region to another, one supplier to another, one time to another, whatever. I have yet to hear from those who keep invoking the potency thing, what their point is. A user smokes that quantity necessary to attain the high; more potent means less smoking.

Forum List

Back