Limbaugh Jokes That Hungry Children Should Dumpster Dive

If you admit it was a joke, why bother to start the thread? Are you just stupid?

Because it's not a funny joke.

The fact that Limbaugh thinks starving children are hilarious while his fat, drug-addled ass sits in a mansion just speaks to how out of touch he is.

I did love yesterday how he was reading a survey about how not giving in to your spouse is a key to happiness.

Says the guy on his fourth sham marriage who apparently doesn't know how birth control works.

Hey I know some people who make decent money dumpster diving.

People throw away all kinds of valuable shit in this country. There's nothing wrong with taking advantage of the wastefulness of others.

The stupidity of political discourse in America never ceases to astound me.

People throw away all kinds of valuable shit in this country. There's nothing wrong with taking advantage of the wastefulness of others.

Absolutely. Books especially. But no way I would get food out of a dumpster.

There are plenty of perfectly edible things thrown away every day.

What does it matter if an apple was sitting in a dumpster or on a shelf in a store?

Wash it off and eat it. No big deal.

I guess a lot of Hitler's "Mein Kampf" and Lenin's "What is to Be Done" found their ways in garbage cans in your day.

It didn't take much effort to find some context on these comments. He was evidently referring to a video made back in the 90's by "homeless advocates". He often uses the Left's own words against them. Transcript from his site:

McDonald's is being sued over Happy Meals. McDonald's is being sued now by left-wing activists. And then we said, "You know, if that fails, Dumpster diving," because the homeless advocates push that. We had this back in the nineties. Homeless advocates actually produced a video for homeless people to healthfully, quote, unquote, Dumpster dive. This is a leftist idea, Baghdad Jim. It's not mine. I'm just trying to bring it forward and make it relevant to 2010. I mean, you guys claim to have all this compassion defined as giving homeless people a shopping cart. "Hey, man, I love you. Take this shopping cart. Make this your home," and then here's a video on Dumpster driving, how to get in there and find the healthful stuff. All these great liberal ideas. I'm simply saying, "Well, if you're a kid, you can't find food, do what the left, do what the Democrat Party is advising homeless people do -- and that's jump into a Dumpster!" Of course this pretty close to Patsy Schroeder falling for another joke I made.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: All right, I just sent a YouTube video link up to Koko at RushLimbaugh.com that has the original Dumpster diving video from our TV show. We have that on our website video archives anyway but I wanted to make it easy for Koko to find. So, Koko, I want you to put that up there on the orange banner on the homepage. Put that up there and when you get it done let me know, and you can go see the original Dumpster diving video that homeless advocates put together. We played portions of it on my television show back in the nineties.

Limbaugh loves to step in it, it keeps the ratings up. But now we know the context, in case anyone cares.

Well then to hell with them! That's the republican way! They will defend to the death in some cases the right of a baby to be born but once its out that's it! No way jose are they taking care of it or making sure it has a good life.

such an angry and ugly person

you should go smell the roses or something

A frikken "radio Host" isn't the Republican way idiot

Last edited:
Fat kids are not hungry. The poor are simply too fat for a coherent a argument. I've never seen an American who was starving.

I sure was hungry as a kid, but never resorted to that. We survived. All 8 of us. Without programs like are available today.

I think you're pulling out legs, mate.

Unless you're about 80, there's always been one form of welfare or the other.

The First Food Stamp Program (FSP) - May 16, 1939-Spring 1943

Fat kids are not hungry. The poor are simply too fat for a coherent a argument. I've never seen an American who was starving.

I have to wonder how much of an effort it takes to be such an callous and ignorant person...

Child Hunger in America: Childhood Hunger Facts | Feeding America

Good nutrition, particularly in the first three years of life, is important for establishing a good foundation that has implications for a child’s future physical and mental health, academic achievement, and economic productivity. Unfortunately, food insecurity is an obstacle that threatens that critical foundation. According to the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), 15.9 million children under 18 in the United States live in households where they are unable to consistently access enough nutritious food necessary for a healthy life. Although food insecurity is harmful to any individual, it can be particularly devastating among children due to their increased vulnerability and the potential for long-term consequences.

•Nearly 14 million children are estimated to be served by Feeding America, over 3 million of which are ages 5 and under.[vi]
•Proper nutrition is vital to the growth and development of children. 62 percent of client households with children under the age of 18 reported participating in the National School Lunch Program, but only 14 percent reported having a child participate in a summer feeding program that provides free food when school is out.[vii]
•54 percent of client households with children under the age of 3 participated in the Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC).[viii]
•32 percent of pantries, 42 percent of kitchens, and 18 percent of shelters in the Feeding America network reported "many more children in the summer" being served by their programs.[

I have to wonder how much of an effort it takes to be such an callous and ignorant person...

Good nutrition, particularly in the first three years of life, is important for establishing a good foundation that has implications for a child’s future physical and mental health, academic achievement, and economic productivity. Unfortunately, food insecurity is an obstacle that threatens that critical foundation. According to the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), 15.9 million children under 18 in the United States live in households where they are unable to consistently access enough nutritious food necessary for a healthy life. Although food insecurity is harmful to any individual, it can be particularly devastating among children due to their increased vulnerability and the potential for long-term consequences.

•Nearly 14 million children are estimated to be served by Feeding America, over 3 million of which are ages 5 and under.[vi]
•Proper nutrition is vital to the growth and development of children. 62 percent of client households with children under the age of 18 reported participating in the National School Lunch Program, but only 14 percent reported having a child participate in a summer feeding program that provides free food when school is out.[vii]
•54 percent of client households with children under the age of 3 participated in the Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC).[viii]
•32 percent of pantries, 42 percent of kitchens, and 18 percent of shelters in the Feeding America network reported "many more children in the summer" being served by their programs.[

Oh please, one minute you people are wailing about how kids are too obese and the next they are starving in America..
all this over what Rush Limbaugh said...again with the Faux outrage

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqRX6n4QhmY]Bill Maher - Survival Guide to Dumpster Diving - YouTube[/ame]

I don't get it. Everything you've posted proves that no one is going hungry in America. What, then, is the problem?

Why do they have to eat if we're so busy poisoning the air they breathe and the water they drink?

Limbaugh responded to a news story about the more than 16 million children that go hungry over the summer because of the absence of the school lunch program with a callous screed ending with the suggestion that poor children should turn to the neighborhood dumpster for food........

Verbatim....

"There’s another place if none of these options work to find food; there’s always the neighborhood dumpster. Now, you might find competition with homeless people there, but there are videos that have been produced to show you how to healthfully dine and how to dumpster dive and survive until school kicks back up in August. Can you imagine the benefit we would provide people?”

Read more: Rush Limbaugh Jokes That Hungry Children Should Dumpster Dive | Care2 Causes

I would certainly be an incentive to forego having children you cannot afford.

Forum List

Back