🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Louisiana lawmakers want Ten Commandments in all public school classrooms

How is posting 10 Commandments in Public Schools establishing a State Religion? It is merely pointing to a collection of good rules and guidelines that happen to be part of Christianity. Not all of them apply. If the schools set up a mandatory Christian Religion curriculum and/or required Chapel and Convocation services attendance, then that would be the schools establishing a state religion. That’s not the case here.
And if a school posted Atheist beliefs that there is no God?

I disagree
Most commandments either demand you worship or petty offenses like coveting

God did not have his best day
But the school is not demanding worship. Coveting designer sneakers on other students leads to violence so coveting is not as petty as you think.

They want to put the ten commandments in school because you know these lazy ass fake Christians aren't taking their children to church on Sunday. :laugh:

But the school is not demanding worship. Coveting designer sneakers on other students leads to violence so coveting is not as petty as you think.
Coveting is a valuable trait
I covet what you have in life so I work hard to get it for myself

If you covet someone’s sneakers and steal them, then stealing is the sin

Coveting is a valuable trait
I covet what you have in life so I work hard to get it for myself

If you covet someone’s sneakers and steal them, then stealing is the sin
The context of Covet in the 10 Commandments is Envy. Coveting the property of others leads to stealing and possibly violence. Coveting someone else’s wife or significant other leads to adultry and possibly violence as well.

If you think envy is a good thing for k-12 students then that’s your opinion.

The context of Covet in the 10 Commandments is Envy. Coveting the property of others leads to stealing and possibly violence. Coveting someone else’s wife or significant other leads to adultry and possibly violence as well.

Then teach the children about envy and the harm in can do.

Again, you excuse the acts and blame the motivation
In most of life coveting leads to working hard to obtain that goal.
If your obtaining that goal involves stealing, violence or adultery….that is the sin

Then teach the children about envy and the harm in can do.
Yes. And the posting of the 10 Commandments is a great complement towards that goal. But, a higher priority for me would be to hold the the students accountable for the harm they do vs. subjecting all involved to the ineffectiveness of the woke Restorative Justice which only reinforces a culture of non-accountability.

Again, you excuse the acts and blame the motivation
In most of life coveting leads to working hard to obtain that goal.
If your obtaining that goal involves stealing, violence or adultery….that is the sin
Again, covet is used in the context of envy. Not sure where and how you think I am excusing the acts. Today’s school cultures have reduced the emphasis on accountability and more on excuses.

This is great news. I think it should be mandatory for all states to have the Ten Commandments in the classrooms, and I would add to say the Pledge of Allegiance to the flag ever morning.

Well, though I agree the grounding cannot be the same. That is what they want and have legally enacted. To each his own state.

A form of slavery???

Having decent health care is slavery

Welcome to 1984
Actually, O-Care policies aren't "decent" at all, but tend to be overpriced atrocities that include features like Free Abortion and Free Sex Change operations that most people don't want.

Further, the people are being forced to buy them, whether they want them or not. Just like the slaves were being compelled to pick cotton, whether they wanted to or not

Yes. And the posting of the 10 Commandments is a great complement towards that goal. But, a higher priority for me would be to hold the the students accountable for the harm they do vs. subjecting all involved to the ineffectiveness of the woke Restorative Justice which only reinforces a culture of non-accountability.

I am sure you can accomplish all that without pure religious dogma and without excluding any student who is not Christian.

Actually, O-Care policies aren't "decent" at all, but tend to be overpriced atrocities that include features like Free Abortion and Free Sex Change operations that most people don't want.

Further, the people are being forced to buy them, whether they want them or not. Just like the slaves were being compelled to pick cotton, whether they wanted to or not
How is anyone forced to buy Ocare?

Last edited:
This is great news. I think it should be mandatory for all states to have the Ten Commandments in the classrooms, and I would add to say the Pledge of Allegiance to the flag ever morning.

The Ten Commandments make bad law

Most are trivial offenses or relate to demanding you worship God

Nice thought, but it won't pass.

American Sharia law makes these MAGATs the American Taliban

I'm all for it as well as quotes from other religions represented in schools. And I'm a lifelong Christian.

Apart from YHWH in the Ten Commandments saying it.

For those pushing this they are the Ten Suggestions that if you break them, well, it's all good as long as you further their politics.

We say the pledge of allegiance every morning.
If there is an assembly, we say it again at the assembly, unless the band or the chorus plays or sings the Anthem.

Kinda like the Commandments shit gibbon Trump has broken his entire adult life.

Great, gonna tell a bunch of schoolchildren, Thou Shalt Not Covet Thy Neighbor's Wife. :auiqs.jpg:

So instead of trying to educate our children to think and develop ideas so this nation can remain a world power. well, these idiots want to force stone aged crap on everyone and force another dark age.

Such bullshit should be in the fiction section

our new maga governor is quickly moving us to the front wave of the culture war while taking over our water system and quietly restoring the jindal corruption.

"some day the people of louisiana are going to have good government, and they ain't gonna like it" gov earl long

That oughta lift them up from fifth-worst in the education rankings. Glad the hillbillies are finding constructive solutions.

Theocracy is bad.

Hamas is a theocracy.
Iran is as well.

View attachment 927879

What God, you moron?

1) Thou shalt not kill thou teacher
2) Thou shalt learn something other than the Bible

I doubt it helps.

You realize you are describing your orange Jesus. Except he has no balls, he wants others to kill for him.

If there is a hell, you've already sealed your fate.

Maybe they should focus on improving education. "At least we aren't Mississippi" is not a good slogan.

Also Trump has violated at least nine of them.

A form of slavery???

Having decent health care is slavery

Welcome to 1984

Will ---in the ethic of equivalency ---have the Koran or Torah also in schools?

Not a bad idea for the 10 to form some basis.

Which, being taught, demonstrated, and lived --- in the home would be a good start. Then their churches....be they Baptist, Unitarian, Evangelical...or what have you.
But keep Christianist things in the Christianist place, i.e., churches, missions, chapels, meeting houses, etc.

Nor should it

The first commandment directly contradicts the first amendment.

The 10 Commandments do not belong in classrooms.

Yes, having laws against murder, theft etc is a good thing. But we have those already.

The first four commandments are strictly Judeo-Christian. That is what is not allowed.

The level of irony that those who push the Ten Commandments on the public don't give two shits about actually following the Ten Commandments, or much of the Bible in general, is simply off the charts.

And they think we won't notice? Are they THAT far gone?

They want to put the ten commandments in school because you know these lazy ass fake Christians aren't taking their children to church on Sunday. :laugh:

Louisiana lawmakers want Ten Commandments in all public school classrooms​

This is CRAZY!!
Aren’t we creating a much better society by teaching faggotry, chicks with dicks and the like in our classrooms? Shouldn't we focus more on teaching how cool abortions are?
IMG_2065.jpeg

Forum List

Back