🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Louisiana lawmakers want Ten Commandments in all public school classrooms

Louisiana lawmakers want Ten Commandments in all public school classrooms​

This is CRAZY!!
Aren’t we creating a much better society by teaching faggotry, chicks with dicks and the like in our classrooms? Shouldn't we focus more on teaching how cool abortions are?
1712417871024.png

I am sure you can accomplish all that without pure religious dogma and without excluding any student who is not Christian.
It’s not excluding any student who is not Christian. If anything, posting or otherwise referring to the 10 Commandments inclusive, not indoctrination. We were founded by Christians. Posting the 10 Commandments is not indoctrination.

There is no 'Church of America.'
That is wrong and even a child could see it.

America is founded on Jesus and the Bible but it is not founded on a Church and you make that confusion.
I can love my family members but NOT put them on the payroll (nepotism) .To you all things are a matter of bad motivation.
Silly, really , but your poor posts have an educational value.

Tell me what you think these quotes mean

In his Farewell Address of September 1796, Washington called religion, as the source of morality, "a necessary spring of popular government," while Adams claimed that statesmen "may plan and speculate for Liberty, but it is Religion and Morality alone, which can establish the Principles upon which Freedom can securely stand."

And just to make sure you don't change the subject -- you love to do that-- remember what Adams said

1712418745982.png

The Ten Commandments make bad law

Most are trivial offenses or relate to demanding you worship God
NO, in fact they were NEVER taken that way
1712418965288.png

Plato and Aristotle and other pagan philosophers embraced these basic moral values. According to Aristotle, adultery, theft, and murder are always wrong, regardless of the circumstances. In Plato’s dialogues, the Symposium and the Eryxias, the interlocutors simply agree that adultery is an example of some

OF Seven there is not the slightest doubt
It is no accident that these seven commandments coincide with the three major “precepts” that St. Thomas Aquinas elaborates in the natural law:

1) The duty of self-preservation, which we extend to others as the right of self-preservation, coincides with the commands to avoid stealing, killing, or envying the possessions of others.
2) The duty of propagating and caring for offspring is extended to others as the right to reproduce, and is spelled out in the commands for children to honor parents, and for parents to avoid adultery, or even envying someone else’s spouse.
3) The duty of always seeking the truth, which we extend to others by avoiding lies, is inscribed in the commandment against “bearing false witness.”

HEre is where you will feel embarrassment

THe first 3 commandments recognize the duty ALL have to God, that is it is what shields atheists like you in a democracy founded on Natural Law, that a man has the right to do what his conscience demands about God. That you don't believe in God has no bearing. For you are coming off here as acting on that conscience !!!!

So stay on here, you are showing people that self-contradiction that provokes conversions.
“See that you do not end up fostering irreligion by taking away freedom of religion [libertas religionis] and forbid free choice with respect to divine matters, so that I am not allowed to worship what I wish, but am forced to worship what I do not wish. Not even a human being would like to be honored unwillingly.” This is the first usage of the phrase “freedom of religion” in the history of Western civilization.\

Lactantius argues, “religion cannot be imposed by force.” The will can be moved “only by words, not by blows.” Roman religion is only about external acts; real religion is a matter of convictions about God and a life of virtue. Wilken concludes: “In a nice flourish, Lactantius wrote that the hearts of men can be won not by ‘killing’ but by ‘dying.’ Only persuasion can lead free men to God.” These arguments inspired the Edict of Milan in 313, which granted freedom to “all men to follow whatever religion each one wishes.”

According to Aristotle, adultery, theft, and murder are always wrong, regardless of the circumstances.

Wow, that is some heavy stuff. I can see why he was such a great Philosopher
I could never have come up with stuff like that

THe first 3 commandments recognize the duty ALL have to God, that is it is what shields atheists like you in a democracy founded on Natural Law, that a man has the right to do what his conscience demands about God.
The first four commandments are the work of an insecure God.
What kind of God has to DEMAND you worship him or else face dire consequences?
People should worship a God by choice, not by fear.

This is great news. I think it should be mandatory for all states to have the Ten Commandments in the classrooms, and I would add to say the Pledge of Allegiance to the flag ever morning.

When can we start the public stonings?

How 'bout a compromise?

A listing of "Six Rules to Live By".....with none of the Christianist-spin to it?
That seems common-sensical to me.

Plus ALL societies (that I know of)....adhere to #5 thru #10. So there's no need to put a Christianist imprimatur over societal advisories that have existed, likely well before Moses, and certainly before the Jesus. Aren't the Christianist's sorta Johnny-Come-Latelys to that list?

I think today the term for re-labeling those 10 suggestions would be called 'cultural appropriation'.

1. Thou shall have no other gods before me. (Exodus 20:3)
  2. Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven images. (Exodus 20:4-6)
  3. Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain. (Exodus 20:7)
  4. Remember the Sabbath day and keep it Holy. (Exodus 20:8-11)
  5. Honor your father and mother. (Exodus 20:12)
  6. Thou shalt not murder. (Exodus 20:13)
  7. Thou shalt not commit adultery. (Exodus 20:14)
  8. Thou shalt not steal. (Exodus 20:15)
  9. Thou shall not bear false witness against your neighbor. (Exodus 20:16)
  10. Thou shall not covet your neighbor. (Exodus 20:17)

Wow, that is some heavy stuff. I can see why he was such a great Philosopher
I could never have come up with stuff like that
Cicero is even more strong

There will not be one law at Rome, another at Athens, one now, another later, but one law both everlasting and unchangeable will encompass all nations and for all time. And one god will be the common teacher and general, so to speak, of all persons. He will be the author, empire, and provider of this law. The person who will not obey it will flee from himself, and, defying human nature, he will suffer the greatest penalties by this very fact, even if he escapes other things that are thought to be punishments.

If anyone wants to dispute my tranlsation

nec erit alia lex Romae, alia Athenis, alia nunc, alia posthac, sed et omnes gentes et omni tempore una lex et sempiterna et immutabilis continebit, unusque erit communis quasi magister et imperator omnium deus, ille legis huius inventor, disceptator, lator; cui qui non parebit, ipse se fugiet ac naturam hominis aspernatus hoc ipso luet maximas poenas, etiamsi cetera supplicia, quae putantur, effugerit.

Don't like it, convince a majority to hate Almighty God.
Which god is the almighty one?
How would we know? We have so many to choose from.

------------------------------------------------

People on here think you are a fool.
Poster Libby is referring to poster Crepitus.
I would demur. Libby is being tad judgmental and petty.
Is Libby a Karen in mufti?

For one thing, me and my avatar do not think....whatsoever.....that Crepitus is a fool. In fact, we rather enjoy his frequent perceptive takes on one issue or another.

Can't say we go along with all of his contributions.....but, that's OK. We get to be the ones to choose.

Not Karen.

How 'bout a compromise?

A listing of "Six Rules to Live By".....with none of the Christianist-spin to it?

Plus ALL societies (that I know of)....adhere to #5 thru #10. So there's no need to put a Christianist imprimatur over societal advisories that have existed, likely well before Moses, and certainly before the Jesus. Aren't the Christianist's sorta Johnny-Come-Latelys to that list?

I think today the term for re-labeling those 10 suggestions would be called 'cultural appropriation'.

That would increasa abuse in society.

1 Every human being has a highest aspriation. By your dictatorial change that would become the STATE. [and in fact in the 20th century people like you ushered a veritable hell by making the state the god ]

2 This you misunderstand the way the Muslims do. The Jews did have pictures of cherubim even in their Temple. Anyway you contradict yourself because by not allowing gods yourself you have proscribed worshipping graven im;ages !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Google Hebdo Until you wipe out every religion in the world this will be a major source of unrest
"Charlie Hebdo shooting, series of terrorist attacks and mass shootings that shook France in January 2015, claiming the lives of 17 people, including 11 journalists and security personnel at the Paris offices of Charlie Hebdo, a satiric magazine."

4 THis is just you being your typical heartless self. The day of rest is one of the great interitances of Western Civilization (except for you of course ) but why deprive others. This is where it comes from

Which god is the almighty one?
How would we know? We have so many to choose from.

------------------------------------------------

Poster Libby is referring to poster Crepitus.
I would demur. Libby is being tad judgmental and petty.
Is Libby a Karen in mufti?

For one thing, me and my avatar do not think....whatsoever.....that Crepitus is a fool. In fact, we rather enjoy his frequent perceptive takes on one issue or another.

Can't say we go along with all of his contributions.....but, that's OK. We get to be the ones to choose.

Not Karen.
That of course is completely illogical and even atheists don't use it.

If then many gods existed, they would necessarily differ from each other. Something therefore would belong to one which did not belong to another. And if this were a privation, one of them would not be absolutely perfect; but if a perfection, one of them would be without it. So it is impossible for many gods to exist.
and you don't even get the atheist view (which will make many to laugh at you)

PEW SURVEY OF ATHEISM
About three-quarters of U.S. atheists (77%) do not believe in God or a higher power or in a spiritual force of any kind, according to our summer 2023 survey. At the same time, 23% say they do believe in a higher power of some kind,
that pain is from you shooting yourself in the foot
1712420968538.png

How 'bout a compromise?

While God tried to make a good list of commandments, he really missed the boat in omitting some major ones

If you look at Moses and his struggles to free the slaves of Egypt, Moses goes up the mountain and God never mentions slavery being bad. Covet is bad….slavery is not

Beyond thou shall not kill, God ignores acts of war. War has killed hundreds of millions. God should have banned it outright.

Another major omission from God is the importance of keeping clean and not polluting your environment. Hundreds of millions have died of disease and contaminated water. God should have warned us.

Honor your father and mother is a good start but it ignores spousal abuse and child abuse. You should honor your whole family and take care of them physically and emotionally.

We have elections in this country , Tommy.

Don't like it, convince a majority to hate Almighty God.

Remember this about America, our national motto is "In God We Trust".
Since July 30th 1956. It replaced E Pluribus Unum on our money, cause that ain't English dammit.

Forum List

Back