Maine’s passage of ‘right to food’ amendment stirs celebration, worry

Simply requiring Cause for unemployment compensation proves you Wrong, like usual, right-winger.

No, it does not. It proves that there is a benefit for staying employed as best you can. If you make a choice to quit or violate the rules of your employer, you will not be prosecuted. You will also not be assisted.

No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

Right-wingers simply prove they don't care about being Legal to the Law just hypocrites in border threads.
huh? i never suggested anyone should deprive anyone of life, liberty or property without due process…or deny any citizen privledge or immunities

No, it does not. It proves that there is a benefit for staying employed as best you can. If you make a choice to quit or violate the rules of your employer, you will not be prosecuted. You will also not be assisted.
Yes, it does. You are simply Wrong like usual.

Yes, it does. You are simply Wrong like usual.

No, it does not. Just like being a member of a union, or a working on contract does not violate the at-will employment laws.

There is nothing written that states being in an at-will state means every benefit is available to every person, regardless of the circumstances by which they become unemployed.

If someone is arrested, charged and convicted of a crime. Do they still draw unemployment compensation for being unable to work from prison? By your way of thinking they do.

Employment is at the will of either party not for good cause.
true it’s been that way since the 13th amendment

what’s your point?

nobody has to work. But freely leaving a job doesn’t mean you met the requirements the Govt put in place for UE insurance.

UE insurance is insurance for when you lose a job through no fault of your own.

Just like my homeowners insurance is gonna cover a window in my house if i purposely throw a rock through it

Insurance, all insurance isn’t for intentional acts

Equal protection of the laws.
Does anyone else know what this means?

The question was how do you provide food to people who claim to have a right to it. Who must provide that to you.

And I get this retarded reply. Equal protection under the law? How the hell does that put the food that’s your right on the table?

No, it does not. Just like being a member of a union, or a working on contract does not violate the at-will employment laws.

There is nothing written that states being in an at-will state means every benefit is available to every person, regardless of the circumstances by which they become unemployed.

If someone is arrested, charged and convicted of a crime. Do they still draw unemployment compensation for being unable to work from prison? By your way of thinking they do.
You seem to have a false understanding of the concept and the law. The law is employment at the will of either party; even for any benefits administered by the State.

No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

Yes it is. And nothing in the unemployment compensation laws change that one iota.
That is why I can't take you seriously, storyteller. Simply making stuff up doesn't mean it is rational and not merely a fallacy. Appeals to ignorance of the law is also a fallacy.

An individual is disqualified for unemployment compensation benefits if the director finds that he or she left his or her most recent work voluntarily without good cause or that he or she has been discharged for misconduct connected with his or her most recent work.
An employment, having no specified term, may be terminated at the will of either party on notice to the other.
Go ahead and explain, right-winger, how what you tell stories about is any form of "gospel Truth".

I agree with your first point....your second point, not at all...and you have yet to provide support for that
Where have you been? I have been explaining it for the past several pages.

Where have you been? I have been explaining it for the past several pages.
No, actually once again...you've posted quotes from the Constitution, and a general discription of "at-will" employment...heck at one point you didnt even realize the issue you have is with UE Insurance laws, not at-will employment...

then you went on to claim people should be able to get insurance payments...even if it's their fault...basically highlighting you have no clue what insurance is.

People that lose their job because of their own fault, can still get benefits, SNAP, medicaid, WIC, etc, but they can't get insurance...and shouldn't...for the same reason my insurance company shouldn't pay me to fix my window, that i purposely threw a rock through.

Forum List

Back