🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Mass incarceration. Sessions says- Lock em up, throw away the key.

How much America's prisons are costing you each year

"Broken down by inmate, the average charge to taxpayers for each prison inmate in these state prisons was
$31,286. Some states paid far more per prisoner and some paid less. The annual cost per inmate was highest in the state of New York at $60,076. Kentucky paid the least at an average $14,603 per inmate. The Vera Institute points out that the amount of spending does not necessarily reflect whether a state spends effectively.

How much taxpayer money goes toward covering an average federal inmate? In 2014, the Bureau of Prisons reported that the average cost for a federal inmate was
$30,619.85 per year or $83.89 per day. In 2017, there are 188,722 prisoners in federal prisons and jails. That makes for a total annual expense of more than $5.78 billion per year."

How many are illegal aliens?

I can't think of a state that agrees with that.

Can you name one
No. What I'm saying is that should not be a law.

True story:

When we were teens, a friend of mine got in trouble with a girl, so they ran off to Florida. They did fine for a few months, but eventually the cops caught up with them because they were both under age. They were sent back to Ohio and had the intention of getting married. Suddenly, she decided she didn't want the baby.

My friend said he would gladly take his baby and ask nothing of her in way of support, but she refused to give the baby to him. It went to court and was fought for months. In the meantime, he was courting my sister and they got engaged. My sister told the court that after they got married, she would be willing to take the baby and raise it herself.

After a lot of fighting and a lot of money spent, the court decided that the mother had the right to have children services put the baby up for adoption. So the bailiff took his son from his arms in the court room and that was the last time he held him.
How long ago was this because for the last who knows how many years the state has to find that father and get his consent. Even if a child is adopted, a father can come back years later and unwind that adoption unless a judge has found the father unfit.

Years ago I worked with a young man whose girlfriend got pregnant. He begged her to have that baby. He promised to marry her. All he wanted was his family. Then she had the baby and he met another girl. One day she knocked on his door and said "you know that baby you wanted." She handed him a naked newborn. Not even a diaper. Turned around and got into her car and drove off. He never saw or heard from her again. He had to move in with his parents so his mom could take care of the baby.

I'm ok with Sessions crushing brutal gangs like MS-13 and others. I don't care if he goes 'Seal Team 6' on those bastards. However, i don't support locking folks up in cages for minor drug offenses. Doing drugs is an adult decision. Just as drinking alcohol is. We don't need to throw those folks in cages with brutal violent criminals.

Our Justice System needs to evolve. Unfortunately, Sessions isn't someone who's capable of helping that happen. He's an old 'Law & Order' Neocon Authoritarian. He's basically a Neanderthal cretin. And Neocons also tend to have a nasty Nazi streak in em. It is what it is.

So you hate Mexicans soooooo much you would admittedly hand our white house over to Nazis. Wow.
What did the Mexicans ever do to you?

I don't hate anyone. I love my country. It is time to end Illegal Immigration. I welcome folks to my country, but they'll have to do it the organized legal way. The chaos needs to end. Clinton was gonna double-down on our Immigration Nightmare. That was my alternative. Trump was the only choice. It is what it is.
You understand illegals don't just do it for fun, right? That they don't like being "illegal," don't like constantly looking over their shoulder, don't like stressing about the breaking up of their family on a daily basis.
They do it to chase the american dream, just like our ancestors, and they do it illegally because our naturalization process is so broken it can take decades.

The US allows one million foreigners a year to enter this country legally. We have that limit so they can assimilate and not try to change our culture. If you have to wait, too bad. We can't let everybody in nor do we want to. Our immigration system is just fine.
You keep thinking it's just fine, and scratching your head at the number of illegals.
:itsok:

If we were truly a Nation of Laws, our Immigration System would be considered fine. The Law isn't currently being enforced properly. Our Legal Immigration System does need some work, but overall it's ok. Once we end Illegal Immigration, we'll be able to better focus on tweeking the Legal Immigration System.

Our immigration system is anything but fine, it is a disaster. When you have no clue as to how many MILLION people are in your country illegally, you have a massive problem. When you deport people over a dozen times and they back and cause fatal accidents, you have a disaster.

Where you live sounds like one of those third world countries. Quite shocking that someone gets more time for passing a joint to a pal than someone guilty of manslaughter. Positively primitive.

Show us where that has happened. If you cannot, you are either lying or playing a fool. Which one?

The war on drugs is a disgrace and clearly unconstitutional as hell. You want to talk about liberty and unconstitutional things? lol

better be for legalization.

I don't hate anyone. I love my country. It is time to end Illegal Immigration. I welcome folks to my country, but they'll have to do it the organized legal way. The chaos needs to end. Clinton was gonna double-down on our Immigration Nightmare. That was my alternative. Trump was the only choice. It is what it is.
You understand illegals don't just do it for fun, right? That they don't like being "illegal," don't like constantly looking over their shoulder, don't like stressing about the breaking up of their family on a daily basis.
They do it to chase the american dream, just like our ancestors, and they do it illegally because our naturalization process is so broken it can take decades.

The US allows one million foreigners a year to enter this country legally. We have that limit so they can assimilate and not try to change our culture. If you have to wait, too bad. We can't let everybody in nor do we want to. Our immigration system is just fine.
You keep thinking it's just fine, and scratching your head at the number of illegals.
:itsok:

If we were truly a Nation of Laws, our Immigration System would be considered fine. The Law isn't currently being enforced properly. Our Legal Immigration System does need some work, but overall it's ok. Once we end Illegal Immigration, we'll be able to better focus on tweeking the Legal Immigration System.

Our immigration system is anything but fine, it is a disaster. When you have no clue as to how many MILLION people are in your country illegally, you have a massive problem. When you deport people over a dozen times and they back and cause fatal accidents, you have a disaster.

True, we aren't a Nation of Laws currently. If we were effectively enforcing existing Immigration Law, there would be no Illegal Immigration. My point was that our Legal Immigration System is basically fine. That's if the Law is being enforced. But obviously it isn't.

I'm ok with Sessions crushing brutal gangs like MS-13 and others. I don't care if he goes 'Seal Team 6' on those bastards. However, i don't support locking folks up in cages for minor drug offenses. Doing drugs is an adult decision. Just as drinking alcohol is. We don't need to throw those folks in cages with brutal violent criminals.

Our Justice System needs to evolve. Unfortunately, Sessions isn't someone who's capable of helping that happen. He's an old 'Law & Order' Neocon Authoritarian. He's basically a Neanderthal cretin. And Neocons also tend to have a nasty Nazi streak in em. It is what it is.

Yeah, LAW & ORDER, what a weird concept.

Are you aware that people are NOT put in prison for minor drug offenses? No, I didn't think so.

Here, educate yourself for a change. Why do you pretend to have no knowledge of drug courts? Already been there too many times?

What are Drug Courts? | NADCP

Yeah, LAW & ORDER, what a weird concept.

Are you aware that people are NOT put in prison for minor drug offenses? No, I didn't think so.

Here, educate yourself for a change. Why do you pretend to have no knowledge of drug courts? Already been there too many times?

What are Drug Courts? | NADCP

Sadly, Neanderthal cretins like Sessions aren't capable of differentiating between brutal drug gangs like MS-13, and folks who engage in recreational drug use and wouldn't hurt a fly. He would lock them all up in cages together. Our Justice System will never evolve as long as the Neanderthal cretins are still around.

Where you live sounds like one of those third world countries. Quite shocking that someone gets more time for passing a joint to a pal than someone guilty of manslaughter. Positively primitive.
So...did you not read the post you quoted, or did you just ignore it?
70 years is too disproportionate.

t the conclusion of a four-day jury trial this week in Macon County Superior Court Adam Joshua Sanders, 30, of Franklin was convicted of trafficking in methamphetamine by possession, trafficking in methamphetamine by transportation, and conspiracy to traffic in methamphetamine. He was sentenced Thursday to a maximum of 70 and a half years in prison, and he will serve at least 56 years before he is eligible for release. This case was the first case for trial during a three week special narcotics terms in Macon County Superior Court that began on Monday and will continue for the next two weeks.

I think he got what he deserved.

Adam Sanders sentenced to 70 years for drug trafficking - The Macon County News

He is a piece of shit who was contributing directly to this poison that are killing the youth here and destroying families. Don't want to go to prison? Don't commit the crime.
I believe there could be a challenge to this sentence on the grounds of it being unusually cruel.
I notice Judge Coward is highly political and is an alum of the University of North Carolina School of Law.
Don't know what his prior record is...no idea on the judge didn't look him up at all. I doubt he will get much sympathy though.

Are you saying that you have no clue as to the prior record of felon Adam Sanders? If that is true, why would you have any comment?

When do you start lobbying for a return to alcohol prohibition?

Why do you support making the problem twice as bad as it is today and encouraging kids to do drugs which damage their developing brain?

Somebody is encouraging kids to use drugs? We democrats are the ones that are winning the war on tobacco, by taxing it to death. When I was a kid, anybody could drop $.35 into a vending machine for a pack of cigarettes. Today, you have to get a second mortgage to buy a pack of cigarettes. Republicans called it another "nanny state" action. but, the percentage of kids smoking has been dramatically reduced, and tobacco is still legal. In fact, for those of you who believe that decriminalized drugs is the worst thing that could happen, you should think about tobacco. It is the only product legally sold in America, that if used as directed, will probably kill you.

Why do you support making the problem twice as bad as it is today and encouraging kids to do drugs which damage their developing brain?

Have you ever really met a person who 'encouraged' kids to do drugs? Or are you just talkin silly Bullshite? Engaging in recreational drug use is an adult decision. It's no different than deciding to consume alcohol. No one under 21 is allowed to purchase or consume alcohol. Consuming drugs would be no different. Obviously there would be laws preventing children from engaging in drug use.

Drug Prohibition was introduced by American Religious Zealots. Before they came along, it was always an adult decision. At the very minimum, Marijuana should be decriminalized immediately. No one should be thrown in a cage with brutal murderers, for merely smoking a little Ganja. Our Justice System needs to evolve. But don't count on Neanderthal cretins like Sessions to help that happen. He's a lost cause.

No one is thrown in prison with brutal murderers for smoking a little bit of ganja. They are thown in prison for being a brutal murderer and yes, incidentally smoking a little bit of ganja.

Somebody is encouraging kids to use drugs? We democrats are the ones that are winning the war on tobacco, by taxing it to death. When I was a kid, anybody could drop $.35 into a vending machine for a pack of cigarettes. Today, you have to get a second mortgage to buy a pack of cigarettes. Republicans called it another "nanny state" action. but, the percentage of kids smoking has been dramatically reduced, and tobacco is still legal. In fact, for those of you who believe that decriminalized drugs is the worst thing that could happen, you should think about tobacco. It is the only product legally sold in America, that if used as directed, will probably kill you.
Yes. Maybe. In 40 or 50 years.

As a matter of fact, I lost my father to suicide due to alcohol, before the age of 8, and the truth is that we were all glad that he wasn't coming back home again.

I'm sorry for your loss but I understand entirely.

My Ol' Man was a WW-II vet having won two Bronze Star, a Silver Star, a Purple Heart and front line promotions to Seargent First Class from July 1944 through December in the Battle of the Bulge where he lost his leg due to, what was then called a 90-day wonders orders.

I knew him only after the war as I was born just weeks before he shipped out to France. He was hard as nails and a royal SOB. I loved him and never considered his powerful backhand as anything other than normal. He was an alcoholic. He worked as an auto mechanic, which he taught in the Army before going overseas until his heart attack in his late 50's when he was forced to quit work. He would boast to me of his lady friends. He died of another heart attack in his early 60's.

Some years later my mother came to live with me due to her poor health. After a couple years, I asked my Mom why she stayed with him so long. She told me that he wasn't the same man she married and she stayed because he needed her. I recall once when he said he loved me. I thought that was unusual.

It wasn't until I was in my late 30's that I realized my youth wasn't like all the other kids. That was okay. I am an only child, I was forced to grow up hard too. I was always determined to do better and be better than my Ol/ Man. Mission accomplished.

Still, it is the length of sentences that truly distinguishes American prison policy.
Burglars in the United States serve an average of 16 months in prison, according to Mauer, compared with 5 months in Canada and 7 months in England."
U.S. prison population dwarfs that of other nations

Are you aware, or do you care, that the Violent Crime Rate is far higher in both Canada and England? As well as most other developed countries? Do you care?

The most violent country in Europe: Britain is also worse than South Africa and U.S.
By James Slack
UPDATED:18:14 EST, 2 July 2009

Britain's violent crime record is worse than any other country in the European union, it has been revealed.

Official crime figures show the UK also has a worse rate for all types of violence than the U.S. and even South Africa - widely considered one of the world's most dangerous countries.

The figures comes on the day new Home Secretary Alan Johnson makes his first major speech on crime, promising to be tough on loutish behaviour.

GreatBritainViolentCrime_zps3830f50c.jpg

The U.S. has a violence rate of 466 crimes per 100,000 residents, Canada 935, Australia 920 and South Africa 1,609.

Shadow Home Secretary Chris Grayling said: 'This is a damning indictment of this government's comprehensive failure over more than a decade to tackle the deep rooted social problems in our society, and the knock on effect on crime and anti-social behaviour.

Read more: The most violent country in Europe: Britain is also worse than South Africa and U.S. | Daily Mail Online

Forum List

Back