May I offer a metaphor?

A lot of floods are now occurring in areas not designated as flood plains. Hurricane storm surges are routinely swamping such areas. Our building codes are horribly outdated.
It is well known that storms that wipe out entire American cities would only smash some windows in an European city. It is a matter of cost, most families could not afford a house that is durable. So houses that can be transported by trucks are cheap but weak. Your decision.

We want to tame the climate and the weather so we can continue to build cheap, flimsy houses in flood, tornado, and hurricane zones. We refuse to accept that the natural order of things is that the dog wags the tail, not the other way around.

Did you see Travis Scott's house in California?

1715879142432.png

We want to tame the climate and the weather so we can continue to build cheap, flimsy houses in flood, tornado, and hurricane zones. We refuse to accept that the natural order of things is that the dog wags the tail, not the other way around.
Bad metaphor, since humans can and do affect climate.

You feeling that can't possibly be the case doesn't change basic reality.

I hate to let this one go, but you haven't provided any bait here.

I took care to make sure my home has drainage on all sides when I had it built. A small amount of planning goes a long way to mitigate aggravation.
Building codes in B.C. take care of that for us. That's how government protects the poor fkr who ends up buying the house that isn't 'to code'. Ask me for details if you ever get over your snit!

I took care to make sure my home has drainage on all sides when I had it built. A small amount of planning goes a long way to mitigate aggravation.

My Father did similar when he wanted an underground interceptor ditch installed north of the house, he designed to prevent seepage from coming in from the large irrigation canal that was only about 100' away

Last edited:
I was visiting a friend in southern Illinois and the sirens kicked on... I have never seen it rain so hard with thunder and lighting and winds that would knock you over if you weren't careful.... we went to the basement and was told afterwards that the tornado leaped over the house we were in.... it destroyed a farm behind the housing development we were in and took out a shopping center....

My Father did similar when he wanted an underground interceptor ditch installed north of the house, he designed to prevent seepage from coming in from the large irrigation canal that was only about 100' away
The point is mommy, if government doesn't do it then it gets left up to some dumb fkr who might not know what he's doing.

Maybe your daddy did know but the large majority don't have a clue!

Than ya know what happens next? The homeowner up to his ass in water, goes begging to the guvurmunt anyway! Then daddy and you get the bill in your taxes!

See how wuts da rugumalations are wot's gud?

It is well known that storms that wipe out entire American cities would only smash some windows in an European city. It is a matter of cost, most families could not afford a house that is durable. So houses that can be transported by trucks are cheap but weak. Your decision.
People sacrifice durability for curb appeal.

The point is mommy, if government doesn't do it then it gets left up to some dumb fkr who might not know what he's doing.

Maybe your daddy did know but the large majority don't have a clue!

Than ya know what happens next? The homeowner up to his ass in water, goes begging to the guvurmunt anyway! Then daddy and you get the bill in your taxes!

See how wuts da rugumalations are wot's gud?
Most Americans don't know how to stop a toilet from overflowing.

Forum List

Back