Migrant kids outperform local kids

This is an over generalization, but... Illegal alien offspring take it for granted they get away with whatever, Legal immigrant kids are trying to live up to a higher standard. That is one of the differences between "immigrants" and illegal aliens. This is not a scientifically proven fact. Just my opinion.

I've read recently an interesting study on higher class whites dealing with increasing competition from higher class, especially Asian immigrants with an extremely competitive and education driven culture.

And I saw no benefit for America or Americans in the developments mentioned.

I don't WANT Americans to have to torture their children the way the freaking Japanese do in order for them to have a shot at getting into a top college.

That is not making this nation or the world a better place.

It's making it crappier.

Lazy losers like you are not what America is about.

Wanting Americans today to be able to have a traditional American childhood and not have to start competing for university admissions in preschool is not being lazy.

I do not believe there is a real benefit from that level of competition.......

You are a lazy POS, and weaklings like you only enervate society. Americans are competitors. Always have been, always will be. Unfortunately, losers like you have always found a way to coast along on the energy, effort, and courage of others.

Calling me names does not support your case.

Explaining how increased competition benefits Americans and America would.

That you find yourself calling me names INSTEAD of actually doing anything to support your claims, undermines your position.

Because it implies that you CAN'T.

This is an over generalization, but... Illegal alien offspring take it for granted they get away with whatever, Legal immigrant kids are trying to live up to a higher standard. That is one of the differences between "immigrants" and illegal aliens. This is not a scientifically proven fact. Just my opinion.

I've read recently an interesting study on higher class whites dealing with increasing competition from higher class, especially Asian immigrants with an extremely competitive and education driven culture.

And I saw no benefit for America or Americans in the developments mentioned.

I don't WANT Americans to have to torture their children the way the freaking Japanese do in order for them to have a shot at getting into a top college.

That is not making this nation or the world a better place.

It's making it crappier.

Lazy losers like you are not what America is about.

Any time you want to list some benefits for Americans and America, go right ahead.

Read the thread before wasting my time, lazy.

Explaining how increased competition benefits Americans and America would.......

How many hundreds of times do you need before it sinks in?

All you have done is claim it.

YOu have never posted a real world example to support your claims.

A couple of times, you have gone so far as to claim that competition brings out better performance.

I countered with Steroid Use as an example of competition that brings out better performance, but is still bad for the competitors.

You had no answer to that, other than Logical Fallacy of Proof by Assertion.

Wanting Americans today to be able to have a traditional American childhood and not have to start competing for university admissions in preschool is not being lazy.

I do not believe there is a real benefit from that level of competition.

IMO, it is unhealthy.

I believe that, at MOST, you might be able to squeeze out a few points in testing.

Which could make the difference in college admissions.

But not in the real world.

I do not want America to change to be more like high pressure East Asian countries, with their shitty childhoods and high rates of suicide.

Which East Asian countries are you addressing? Also, a source and link addressing their sh**** childhoods and high rates of suicide.

I certainly don't understand why Mexican immigrants wouldn't do well? Their Mexican schools are just like what the RWrs want of our schools here.

As you well know, Democrats are in charge of the vast majority of government school boards. You know, the ones failing so miserably?

Only a complete fool, or someone completely ignorant of the way the mind works would think that people cannot make, often fairly accurate judgments, based on first visual impression.

And considering the way street crime works, such as that incident with the old man being beaten nearly to death by the mob of "children" such information is often the only information we have to make judgements and choices about our personal safety.

You are a pretentious prick.

Interestingly enough, studies have shown that we form an opinion of someone we meet in far less time than formerly believed. We form that opinion in less than 20 seconds and, most often, it is correct. The studies are contained in a book by the same author that wrote "Tipping Point" and is called "Blink". Short but very enlightening.

IMO, it is unhealthy.

I believe that, at MOST, you might be able to squeeze out a few points in testing.

I do not want America to change to be more like high pressure East Asian countries, with their shitty childhoods and high rates of suicide.

Which East Asian countries are you addressing? Also, a source and link addressing their sh**** childhoods and high rates of suicide.

He can't, so he won't.

IMO, it is unhealthy.

My understanding is that it is a widespread problem.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/11/07/opinion/asias-college-exam-mania.html?_r=0

"The university entrance examination system across East Asia might once have been needed to allocate scarce university slots. But even with expanded college enrollment, and more slots, the competition to get into higher-ranked universities is destroying the lives of young people and their families in countries like South Korea and Japan.

On Nov. 7, 600,000 South Korean high school seniors will take the brutal university entrance exam, which many have been preparing for since primary school. The results will shape the rest of their lives, their jobs and even their marriages. The stress is such that the suicide rate among young people up to age 24 rose to 9.4 per 100,000 in 2010, a nearly 50 percent increase from 2000."

"Excessive spending on education in South Korea accounts in significant part for the 45 percent poverty rate among the elderly, who cannot save for retirement because they have spent so much of their money on educating their children. And because of the economic squeeze, many South Korean families simply cannot afford more children; the birth rate is now only about 1.2 births per woman. Spending on education is also very high in Taiwan, Hong Kong and Singapore. In China, 9 of 10 middle-class children attend cram schools."

Only a complete fool, or someone completely ignorant of the way the mind works would think that people cannot make, often fairly accurate judgments, based on first visual impression.

And considering the way street crime works, such as that incident with the old man being beaten nearly to death by the mob of "children" such information is often the only information we have to make judgements and choices about our personal safety.

Interestingly enough, studies have shown that we form an opinion of someone we meet in far less time than formerly believed. We form that opinion in less than 20 seconds and, most often, it is correct. The studies are contained in a book by the same author that wrote "Tipping Point" and is called "Blink". Short but very enlightening.

I have read excerpts and books that have referenced those studies.

It is interesting that you have so many people who believe themselves to be so rational and objective, but have a self image BUILT on ignoring the science of how the human brain works.

Vulcans are not real.

IMO, it is unhealthy.

"The university entrance examination system across East Asia might once have been needed to allocate scarce university slots. But even with expanded college enrollment, and more slots, the competition to get into higher-ranked universities is destroying the lives of young people and their families in countries like South Korea and Japan.

On Nov. 7, 600,000 South Korean high school seniors will take the brutal university entrance exam, which many have been preparing for since primary school. The results will shape the rest of their lives, their jobs and even their marriages. The stress is such that the suicide rate among young people up to age 24 rose to 9.4 per 100,000 in 2010, a nearly 50 percent increase from 2000."

"Excessive spending on education in South Korea accounts in significant part for the 45 percent poverty rate among the elderly, who cannot save for retirement because they have spent so much of their money on educating their children. And because of the economic squeeze, many South Korean families simply cannot afford more children; the birth rate is now only about 1.2 births per woman. Spending on education is also very high in Taiwan, Hong Kong and Singapore. In China, 9 of 10 middle-class children attend cram schools."

And of course no evidence to support the above conclusions.

It is interesting that you have so many people who believe themselves to be so rational and objective, but have a self image BUILT on ignoring the science of how the human brain works.

Vulcans are not real.

"I know a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy who..."

:rolleyes:

Neither he nor you know (of course) that the people he drove past in fear would do such a thing. Why are you so hostile toward logic?

People send messages with their style of dress and choice of tattoos, and body language.

You didn't see those people, you didn't "personally observe" their appearance and behavior,...

And the coward posting admitted that he did not know the people he was afraid of, and thus could not know their circumstances, motivations, or intentions. Have you ever studied logic - even briefly - in your life?

But he could see their appearance and behavior.....

The only behavior he mentioned was standing, and only an illogical buffoon like you would believe that a quick glance while driving quickly away in fear is sufficient to determine circumstances, motivations, or intentions. You are a stupid animal.

And you're a sniveling coward.

IMO, it is unhealthy.

And of course no evidence to support the above conclusions.

Suicide in South Korea - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"In South Korea, every student is obligated to take the College Scholastic Ability Test (CSAT). Education in South Korea is extremely competitive, making it difficult to get into an esteemed university. A South Korean student’s school year lasts from March to February. The year divides into two semesters: one from March until July, and another from September to February. The average South Korean high school student also spends roughly 16 hours a day on school and school-related activities. Again, this is because of the competitiveness of acceptance into a good university. Most South Korean test scores are also graded on a curve, leading to more competition. Until 2012, students in South Korea went to school from Monday to Friday, and every odd Saturday. Before 2005, South Korean students went to school every day from Monday to Saturday.

Although South Korean education consistently ranks near the top in international academic assessments such as PISA,[32] the enormous stress and pressure[33] on its students is considered by many to constitute child abuse.[34][35] It has been blamed for high suicide rates in South Korea among those aged 10-19.[36]"

Vulcans are not real.

"I know a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy who..."

:rolleyes:

Your disbelief in the concept of communication is insane.

Forum List

Back