Missouri Republicans tackle the big problems right off the bat....

Harpy Eagle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 22, 2017

Missouri has a lot of problems, but if you were in the statehouse today, you would have thought the biggest one was what female legislators wear.

Peter Merideth (D-St. Louis) shared the news on Twitter, "Debating the house rules on the floor today, and the first amendment offered by a Republican is about making stricter the rules of what women have to wear in here."

Cannot have bare arms by the women, that might distract the men! :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg:

Missouri has a lot of problems, but if you were in the statehouse today, you would have thought the biggest one was what female legislators wear.

Peter Merideth (D-St. Louis) shared the news on Twitter, "Debating the house rules on the floor today, and the first amendment offered by a Republican is about making stricter the rules of what women have to wear in here."

Cannot have bare arms by the women, that might distract the men! :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg:
American Taliban.

Sounds like something a Muslim would care about.

The first order of business in any session of a legislature is to get the rules established. Who is complaining about the dress code? Every employer has one. Do the D's think that the legislators should have to wear uniforms or something?

The first order of business in any session of a legislature is to get the rules established. Who is complaining about the dress code? Every employer has one. Do the D's think that the legislators should have to wear uniforms or something?

They already had a dress code, but it was not strict enough towards women, so they had to make it more strict for those harlots in the Missouri congress

In the Fake Independent OP's home state Democrats banned AR15s and other commonly owned modern sporting rifles...and what is he posting about?

Missouri's Republicans legislative dress code. 🙄

But you know what they say... liberals gotta lib.

I already posted about that in the thread about that.

Do try and keep up little boy, you are getting left behind

Missouri Republicans have run on and advocated for the right to have big, burly guns. Strap whatever you want on your side. Want to buy weaponry? Absolutely. You can run entire ads just based around you shooting a gun to try and get people to love you. The right to guns? It’s the Missouri way, they say! When it comes to arms, though, it just so happens that one kind of arms scares Republicans enough that they are prepared to regulate it. I know, I know, regulating arms never works. You see, the arms Republicans want to regulate are the bare arms being shown by women legislators on the Missouri House floor.

I doubt many Missouri residents imagined that the opening of the state House would begin with a fight on open arms, but that is exactly what is happening in Missouri

Snowflakes

For discussion it should be noted that it was a woman who started all of this.

“The changes were spearheaded by state Rep. Ann Kelley (R), a co-sponsor who was among the Republicans seeking to require women to wear a blazer when in the chamber. She was met by swift opposition from Democrats who called it ‘ridiculous.’”

Missouri Republicans Adopt Stricter Dress Code for Women

I believe if I was a female legislator, I would simply ignore it. There is obviously a law suit sitting there in the way this was enacted and I'm sure many lawyers in the affected class to handle it.

Missouri Republicans have run on and advocated for the right to have big, burly guns. Strap whatever you want on your side. Want to buy weaponry? Absolutely. You can run entire ads just based around you shooting a gun to try and get people to love you. The right to guns? It’s the Missouri way, they say! When it comes to arms, though, it just so happens that one kind of arms scares Republicans enough that they are prepared to regulate it. I know, I know, regulating arms never works. You see, the arms Republicans want to regulate are the bare arms being shown by women legislators on the Missouri House floor.

I doubt many Missouri residents imagined that the opening of the state House would begin with a fight on open arms, but that is exactly what is happening in Missouri

Snowflakes
It is about proper decorum, and dressing for the occasion, something the left doesn't get. If legislators are expected to wear dark business suits when conducting business, then women should dress for business also. The left is against everything that makes this country great. FJB

Forum List

Back