Money, the root of all good?

Doubletap

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2012
“So you think that money is the root of all evil?” said Francisco d’Anconia. “Have you ever asked what is the root of money? Money is a tool of exchange, which can’t exist unless there are goods produced and men able to produce them. Money is the material shape of the principle that men who wish to deal with one another must deal by trade and give value for value. Money is not the tool of the moochers, who claim your product by tears, or of the looters, who take it from you by force. Money is made possible only by the men who produce. Is this what you consider evil?
“When you accept money in payment for your effort, you do so only on the conviction that you will exchange it for the product of the effort of others. It is not the moochers or the looters who give value to money. Not an ocean of tears not all the guns in the world can transform those pieces of paper in your wallet into the bread you will need to survive tomorrow. Those pieces of paper, which should have been gold, are a token of honor–your claim upon the energy of the men who produce. Your wallet is your statement of hope that somewhere in the world around you there are men who will not default on that moral principle which is the root of money, Is this what you consider evil?

“Have you ever looked for the root of production? Take a look at an electric generator and dare tell yourself that it was created by the muscular effort of unthinking brutes......

Read more at:
"Francisco's Money Speech" | Capitalism MagazineCapitalism Magazine

Love of money is the root of all evil, get it right.

Love of money by government is the root of all evil, get it right.

Government produces nothing yet covets all that you earned. Through their desire for and taking of your earned income they redistribute to others who then also become non-producers that covet your money.

Money is the root of all good in the hands of people who want to earn more and create things of value. They can use it to make new things, new advances and new cures with that money. Government on the other can't do that.

Government produces nothing yet covets all that you earned. Through their desire for and taking of your earned income they redistribute to others who then also become non-producers that covet your money.

Money is the root of all good in the hands of people who want to earn more and create things of value. They can use it to make new things, new advances and new cures with that money. Government on the other can't do that.

That is all kinds of FUBAR. The person who thinks all of the scams and cheats are government based probably needs to be taken a few times to wise the hell up.

There is no good in money. Good is found in a person. Money can be a tool to do good and it can do equally as much harm. Unfortunately greed is not a good thing and there has never been so much greed shown by those who have the most in all my lifetime. Very difficult to dispute this. But I can't change it. Its definitely not the America I grew up in.

There is no good in money. Good is found in a person. Money can be a tool to do good and it can do equally as much harm. Unfortunately greed is not a good thing and there has never been so much greed shown by those who have the most in all my lifetime. Very difficult to dispute this. But I can't change it. Its definitely not the America I grew up in.

You,ve rendered more wisdom in one little paragraph than that entire massive load of empty Ayn Rand verbosity did in a million words, not actually a million but that's what it felt like.

Yup, the goverment has become more and more greedy with our money.....it's an addiction with them.

Here's a real speech about money.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKkRDMil0bw]Network (1976) - Ned Beatty - "The World is a Business" - YouTube[/ame]

The major hypocrisy that occurs is that many evangelicals look past the rampant greed even though the bible preaches about how greed and being rich doesn't agree with Christian principles. As a practicing Christian I can see right through them.

The major hypocrisy that occurs is that many evangelicals look past the rampant greed even though the bible preaches about how greed and being rich doesn't agree with Christian principles. As a practicing Christian I can see right through them.

That's usually the first indication.

Had to go to a movie to prove your point. Got it. :rolleyes:

Why not? The OP went to a book to disprove a truism that anyone who is literate will tell you does not exist. It is the love of money, greed, that fuels so much horror on this globe, not money itself, It is the exact same argument as guns don't kill people, people kill people. It's a narrow argument that is pretty much indisputable.

That is all kinds of FUBAR. The person who thinks all of the scams and cheats are government based probably needs to be taken a few times to wise the hell up.

No, but government is responsible for all the biggest scams in the history of the universe. Obamacare is a classic example.

YOU really like Government running YOUR life, don't you? Liberty means ZERO to you, doesn't it? Not to mention Personal responsibility scares the HELL out of you.

YOU have a problem Find the nearest mirror and give yourself a good talking to.

MORON

YOU really like Government running YOUR life, don't you? Liberty means ZERO to you, doesn't it? Not to mention Personal responsibility scares the HELL out of you.

MORON

I love philosophical topics, so many thoughtful and rational responses.

Yup, the goverment has become more and more greedy with our money.....it's an addiction with them.

^^^ More, a goal. The more they take take, the less we have, thus, the less power we have, rendering us sheeple...ripe for the picking off.

^^^ More, a goal. The more they take take, the less we have, thus, the less power we have, rendering us sheeple...ripe for the picking off.
:clap2::clap2:Dead on.
icon14.gif

And what's worse? They think it BELONGS to them and they let us keep whatever they deem necessary by their good graces...

MORON

I love philosophical topics, so many thoughtful and rational responses.
YOUR problem is that YOU think Government can DO no wrong...Guess what sport? You're WRONG.

Forum List

Back