More refuse to stand for the Anthem. Good News...this time its no white people so you can be angry

I always find it interesting to see people in the United States, bashing their own country, when it is the only one which actually has the freedom of speech written into its Constitution. Elsewhere across this small blue/green planet, other governments can curtail it anytime they choose. Gathering in peaceful protests can also get you arrested in other nations.
The history of all nation states are stained with strife, bloodshed, slavery, et cetera. The United States over time became the beacon for individual liberty and goals.

Sorry, but I find this all very amusing. We've got those who say this is all about the flag. A flag. Others say it's all about the country. A country. 'If you want change then you don't love it.' What does that mean? How do you 'love' a country in the first place? It's a fairy tale notion.

You are all arguing in abstract terms, senseless terms. It's like you think it's an omelette, it's made, either you like it or you don't. It's not an omelette. It's not a finished product. The US doesn't even live up to any of its promises, its' creed, its' constitution. I can't even begin to say how ridiculous I find it: A flag, a country. So when you say that's what it is about …. I'm thinking … who are these people?
It's not senseless to patriotic citizens and veterans. You wouldn't begin to understand. Go burn a flag.

If these people don't like what our homeland is about, why are they here then?

God bless you always!!!

Holly
If you don't like what sport is all about then you should only attend the half-time, flag-waving and propaganda extravaganza. You don't see the guy strutting all over the field of play with his pig socks during that ... do ya'?
Sports are not what I was talking about here. I am talking about the meaning of our nation's anthem.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

West Virginia Tech volleyball players kneel during national anthem

MONTGOMERY, WV (WCHS/WVAH) — Following Colin Kaepernick, athletes across the nation are not standing for the national anthem and now some local college athletes are joining in the protest.

Before Wednesday night’s volleyball game at West Virginia University Tech, three volleyball players chose to take a stance on something they feel very strongly about by kneeling during the Star Spangled Banner in support of Kaepernick’s protest.

As an athlete and vice president of the Black Student Union at WVU Tech, Keyonna Morrow said that something needed to be done to show her support for Kaepernick's choice to kneel during the national anthem

"He’s exercising his right to choose to sit or stand, so you have to recognize that he's got that right," Morrow said.

Morrow and two other teammates chose to join the protest by kneeling when the anthem was played before the game, saying everyone should be treated equally.

"I hope that it just makes people reconsider before they judge someone for something,” Morrow said.

WVU Tech student Tiffany Reavis said she disagrees.

“You stand for the national anthem, regardless. It's kind of like a respect thing for everyone who served, here especially,” Reavis said.
Suspend their scholarships and boot their asses off campus.

God bless you always!!!

Holly
If you don't like what sport is all about then you should only attend the half-time, flag-waving and propaganda extravaganza. You don't see the guy strutting all over the field of play with his pig socks during that ... do ya'?
Sports are not what I was talking about here. I am talking about the meaning of our nation's anthem.

God bless you always!!!

Holly
Don't let the bastards get you down, Holly.

MONTGOMERY, WV (WCHS/WVAH) — Following Colin Kaepernick, athletes across the nation are not standing for the national anthem and now some local college athletes are joining in the protest.

Before Wednesday night’s volleyball game at West Virginia University Tech, three volleyball players chose to take a stance on something they feel very strongly about by kneeling during the Star Spangled Banner in support of Kaepernick’s protest.

As an athlete and vice president of the Black Student Union at WVU Tech, Keyonna Morrow said that something needed to be done to show her support for Kaepernick's choice to kneel during the national anthem

"He’s exercising his right to choose to sit or stand, so you have to recognize that he's got that right," Morrow said.

Morrow and two other teammates chose to join the protest by kneeling when the anthem was played before the game, saying everyone should be treated equally.

"I hope that it just makes people reconsider before they judge someone for something,” Morrow said.

“You stand for the national anthem, regardless. It's kind of like a respect thing for everyone who served, here especially,” Reavis said.

Kaeprnick is making a lot of money off white American capitalism. And showboating for a weak political cause. Great, how about he quits the NBA and donates his time and his life savings to helping poor blacks in bad communities overcome violence instead of grandstanding?

Maybe because he isn't in the NBA.

Why don't you take your fucking little red nose and go stick it up your own fucking ass.

Why don't you take your fucking little red nose and go stick it up your own fucking ass.
Hard to snuff out an idea, isn't it?

What is their idea? They do not have one, just ignorant crybaby motherfuckers that don't want to help solve the problems in the black community, just blame the United States and Whitey.

What is their idea? They do not have one, just ignorant crybaby motherfuckers that don't want to help solve the problems in the black community, just blame the United States and Whitey.
So you say....of course that's why you are upset..because "They do not have one"....nice try.

And the way they always make us sing the second and third verses of the National Anthem to prove that we want a return to slavery!

Those fucking racists!

And the flag! The Anthem refers to the flag!

THE FLAG IS RACIST! THE ANTHEM IS RACIST! WE'RE ALL RACIST! AAUUUUGHHHH!

The idiot Clintons just said that saying Make America Great Again is racist.
There are a dozen ads when the Clintons were running for office where they say, Make America Great Again.
So, if that is the criteria for labeling one a racist, would that not make Bill Clinton a racist?

And the way they always make us sing the second and third verses of the National Anthem to prove that we want a return to slavery!

Those fucking racists!

And the flag! The Anthem refers to the flag!

THE FLAG IS RACIST! THE ANTHEM IS RACIST! WE'RE ALL RACIST! AAUUUUGHHHH!

The idiot Clintons just said that saying Make America Great Again is racist.
There are a dozen ads when the Clintons were running for office where they say, Make America Great Again.
So, if that is the criteria for labeling one a racist, would that not make Bill Clinton a racist?
Why would anyone think that America isn't currently great?

If it were a just cause, say fighting tooth decay or the onslaught of the Sasquatch or stopping black on black violence, I might take a knee myself during the nation anthem before I partake in the highly lucrative sport of caber tossing. Really, get paid hundreds of thousands of dollars more than most blacks, then complain about racial injustice?

Because I'm here being the sand in your vagina

God bless you always!!!

Holly

God bless you always!!!

Holly
Don't let the bastards get you down, Holly.
Oh I'm not. I've been online for over 13 years now so obviously they don't have such an ability. Thank you for standing up for me though. :) :) :)

God bless you and them always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

Why would anyone think that America isn't currently great?
Yeah, let Hackin' Hillary run with that. 8 years of Obummer and America is worse off by every measure.

Are blacks in america doing good, or aren't they? Dems can't seem to get their story straight. How are race relations? The economy? Healthcare?

Last edited:
This kneeling thing must be the PC approved version of the Black Power salute those dudes at the '68 Olympics did on the podium. It was stupid and disrespectful then as now. But yes, it is America and you have the right to be stupid and disrespectful of your country.
1968 Olympics Black Power salute - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
And the rest of us have the right to BREAK THEM FINANCIALLY for pushing "values" we despise.

Land of the free!

Kaeprnick ....... how about he quits the NBA and donates his time and his life savings to helping poor blacks in bad communities overcome violence instead of grandstanding?
It is my firm belief that he has come to realize the only way to help his fellow countrymen - black and white - is to do exactly what he is doing.

Actually, I suspect it was his agent's idea.

He was in severe danger of being cut from the 49ers (a virtual certainty). When he did this, it checkmated 49ers management. If they cut him - and save $9.1 million - they would be accused of being racists and deluged with riots. Now, the 49ers have to pay a second string QB first string money.

He did it to save $9.1 million - no more, no less. All the rest is posturing.

Forum List

Back