New CBO report is devastating for Obamacare

WH sends out a few flunky's to say that this is a good thing...

It has to even be hard on the spinners to keep a straight face. I am more sad, than mad. It is a great loss to our once proud country. :(

Another misinterpreted CBO study. You guys do this a lot! It's like you (collectively) read up to the AHA! point and then skip reading the rest. Not so amazingly, the same piece explained why.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...-million-jobs/

I can't wait for the day the right actually starts htinking for itself, although I doubt that'll happen.

This is what I got from your link.

We're unable to locate the page you requested.
The page may have moved or may no longer be available.
We want to help you find what you're looking for. Here are some suggestions:

Obamacare to cut work hours by equivalent of 2 million jobs: CBO | Reuters

Your link worked fine. I was referring to this one http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...-million-jobs/

More on the CBO announcement today:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzcFQerjnDY]2/4/14 CBO: Obamacare will cost 2.3 million jobs by 2021 - YouTube[/ame]

Why?

Do you care?

The less people working full time will not only hurt them but it will be a blow to the economy. The less you make, the less stuff you can buy. So, yes I care, since I live in this country and would like for everyone that wants a job to be able to get one.

No, idiot. I meant do you care why people are projected to leave the workforce, according to the report?

Do you know? Do you care?

Then why didn't you ask that dipshit?

The less people working full time will not only hurt them but it will be a blow to the economy. The less you make, the less stuff you can buy. So, yes I care, since I live in this country and would like for everyone that wants a job to be able to get one.

No, idiot. I meant do you care why people are projected to leave the workforce, according to the report?

Do you know? Do you care?

Then why didn't you ask that dipshit?

I did. Just not very clearly. My bad. You are still an idiot, though.

Oh my Gawd.

This is disasterous.

This is horrible.

I better read about it to see exactly what is being said by the CBO.

The report also reduces CBO's original projection of 7 million people signed up for private health insurance through the state and federal exchanges by the end of 2014 down to 6 million people insured by the end of the year. Medicaid enrollment projections were reduced from 9 million people to 8 million people.

"Over time, more people are expected to respond to the new coverage options, so enrollment is projected to increase sharply in 2015 and 2016," the report said.

the report said decreased hours will be the choice of workers, not employers.

Health law could mean fewer full-time workers, CBO says

— The ACA is cheaper than it expected.
— It will "markedly increase" the number of Americans with health insurance.
— The risk-adjustment provisions, which Congressional Republicans want to overturn as a "bailout" of the insurance industry, will actually turn a profit to the U.S. Treasury.

The CBO projects that the act will reduce the supply of labor, not the availability of jobs. There's a big difference. In fact, it suggests that aggregate demand for labor (that is, the number of jobs) will increase, not decrease; but that many workers or would-be workers will be prompted by the ACA to leave the labor force, many of them voluntarily.
As economist Dean Baker points out, this is, in fact, a beneficial effect of the law, and a sign that it will achieve an important goal. It helps "older workers with serious health conditions who are working now because this is the only way to get health insurance. And (one for the family values crowd) many young mothers who return to work earlier than they would like because they need health insurance. This is a huge plus."

Why the new CBO report on Obamacare is good news

-----------------------

Whew, for a second, I thought these right wingers weren't full of shit. Glad I was wrong.

The workers quit going to work because the government is buying their votes with welfare... aka..Obamacare. Another example how lazy and pathetic our society is becoming.

The government will pay them to stay at home.

Nanny state

-Geaux

The less people working full time will not only hurt them but it will be a blow to the economy. The less you make, the less stuff you can buy. So, yes I care, since I live in this country and would like for everyone that wants a job to be able to get one.[/QUOTE
Words are confusing things to conservatives.

The questions asked were "Why?" and "Do you care?" and I answered the questions by saying "yes I care" and gave my reason why.
Pretty basic stuff and I hope that clarifies your confusion.

Did you read the CBO report? Can you show me where in that report it says "less people working full time" ? or that people who "wants a job" can not get one?

What I want to know is why Liberals continue to tout this law as something people need? Has it not already been proven to be not so? Why do they insist on foisting this on America?

This is what you get when the GOP decided to not do anything about a very real problem when it had the chance to do so. The GOP knew damn well what the Democrats were going to do about health care when given a chance, and the GOP still chose to do nothing.

We were sold down the river into slavery by the GOP. Reap the whirlwind, rubes!

We are now on our way to single payer health care. When ObamaCare flails and fails, the people will cry out for UHC, and they will get it. In our lifetime.

Fuck off, asshole. You fucking supported this shit, you own it.

Oh my Gawd.

This is disasterous.

This is horrible.

I better read about it to see exactly what is being said by the CBO.

The report also reduces CBO's original projection of 7 million people signed up for private health insurance through the state and federal exchanges by the end of 2014 down to 6 million people insured by the end of the year. Medicaid enrollment projections were reduced from 9 million people to 8 million people.

"Over time, more people are expected to respond to the new coverage options, so enrollment is projected to increase sharply in 2015 and 2016," the report said.

the report said decreased hours will be the choice of workers, not employers.

Health law could mean fewer full-time workers, CBO says

— The ACA is cheaper than it expected.
— It will "markedly increase" the number of Americans with health insurance.
— The risk-adjustment provisions, which Congressional Republicans want to overturn as a "bailout" of the insurance industry, will actually turn a profit to the U.S. Treasury.

The CBO projects that the act will reduce the supply of labor, not the availability of jobs. There's a big difference. In fact, it suggests that aggregate demand for labor (that is, the number of jobs) will increase, not decrease; but that many workers or would-be workers will be prompted by the ACA to leave the labor force, many of them voluntarily.
As economist Dean Baker points out, this is, in fact, a beneficial effect of the law, and a sign that it will achieve an important goal. It helps "older workers with serious health conditions who are working now because this is the only way to get health insurance. And (one for the family values crowd) many young mothers who return to work earlier than they would like because they need health insurance. This is a huge plus."

Why the new CBO report on Obamacare is good news

-----------------------

Whew, for a second, I thought these right wingers weren't full of shit. Glad I was wrong.

Congratulations, you have won a lifetime supply of KoolAid.
drink-the-kool-aid-drink-political-poster-1283366769.jpg

Linking health insurance to low end employment is a recipe for disaster. It hasn't been working for a long time now.

Well, if Dean's LA times link turns out to be an accurate prediction, lower paid workers may work fewer hours, but in effect see a pay raise in the form of HC benefits, and thereby have more money to spend on goods and services, which was the intent.

It still seems to me that the dems built a Golden Gate bridge to span a stream, but as G5000 posts, the gop has only itself to blame for not addressing the issue, and instead passing the Medicare drug benefit, cutting taxes for no reason and wandering off into Iraq.

The intent was to decrease full time employment?

CBO: Health-care law will mean 2 million fewer workers - The Washington Post

Course we've been saying this all along but dems have had their heads permanently stuck in the sand.

so remember before obamacare was actually lost and dems kept quoting the CBO, as a reliable source. CBO says this, and the CBO says that. The CBO says obamcare will pay for itself. Well something happened. We launched it and are now seeing what actually happens. And what they are telling us now is the democrats lied. lets see them spin their way out of this one.

And oh yea, the tea party was right. Where they ever so right

What I want to know is why Liberals continue to tout this law as something people need? Has it not already been proven to be not so? Why do they insist on foisting this on America?

This is what you get when the GOP decided to not do anything about a very real problem when it had the chance to do so. The GOP knew damn well what the Democrats were going to do about health care when given a chance, and the GOP still chose to do nothing.

We were sold down the river into slavery by the GOP. Reap the whirlwind, rubes!

We are now on our way to single payer health care. When ObamaCare flails and fails, the people will cry out for UHC, and they will get it. In our lifetime.

The republicans are to blame for a bill that was passed solely by democrats? Not one single Republican voted for it. Not one single Republican had any input on it.

The argument that the Republicans did not create their own bill is ignorant and beyond stupid. They never had the votes at anytime in the last 20 years to pass a health care bill they would support.

One does not create a bill the rank and file will not support nor do they do it just because the other party might.

The American voter is to blame for Obama care as well as the Democrats. But being an Obama fluffer you try to claim republicans are to blame for a solely democratic bill.

Forum List

Back