Next SCOTUS case may give ALL Americans a constitutional right to conceal carry guns in public

I'm pretty old and have never needed a gun. Why would we waste time in school?

Maybe to save a couple dozen lives every year?

Several years ago a few streets away from me, a 14 year old girl was killed. It was an accident by a 13 year old boy who somehow got his hands on a gun. He had no idea that a round could be in the chamber even though the magazine was not attached to the gun. He pointed at her and pulled the trigger just fooling around.
Kids should not have access to firearms without adult supervision.

It's too bad when that happens.

If a gun is not strapped to your person it should be in a gun safe locked up. So everyone with more than 1 gun needs a gun safe too.

I understand, but life is life. Nothing is perfect. Everybody knows you shouldn't drink and drive, yet we have hundreds of Americans killed every year because people get Fd up and feel they can still handle a car.

You're never going to stop gun accidents, but you could prevent some of them.

By being responsible so kids don't get them.

You're saying that if someone is not responsible and a kid gets a gun, you don't want them to know anything about it. Got it.

Several years ago a few streets away from me, a 14 year old girl was killed. It was an accident by a 13 year old boy who somehow got his hands on a gun. He had no idea that a round could be in the chamber even though the magazine was not attached to the gun. He pointed at her and pulled the trigger just fooling around.

Telling kids not to touch guns doesn't really need to be a class.

And telling kids not to touch guns would stop a problem like that? Do you really think that kids are that Fn stupid that they don't already know they are not supposed to touch guns?

Point is that if there were firearms training for youngsters, that kid would have known a gun can still go off without a magazine. A 14 year old girl would now be 19 years old and enjoying the life that was taken away from her.

Accidents happen with trained kids. Never point a gun at a person. That doesn't require a class.

But understanding the weapon does.

Never experiment with recreational narcotics. Isn't that something that you don't need a class for? How's it working out for our country?

Here is a list of my general rules for survival on this sh!t hole we call Earth in the 21st Century anno Domini.

1 - You cannot trust anyone besides yourself.

2 - Sometimes you cannot even trust yourself so you need to be extra careful even when you are alone.

3 - The population of the Earth includes about 10% mentally ill persons and 1% criminals and 1/10th% psychopaths and sociopaths.

4 - There is nobody else on this Earth who can protect you from crime so you need to protect yourself.

5 - Everyone capable of drawing and shooting a gun accurately needs to carry or wear on their person a gun at all times in order to fight against crime.

6 - Anyone not capable of drawing and shooting a gun accurately needs to be accompanied by someone else at all times who can.

7 - You should sleep with your gun under your pillow too in case of a burglary or assault at night while you are sleeping.

8 - It is best to have a dog living with you who can alert you to trouble.

9 - You need to be constantly vigilant with total situational awareness at all times everywhere.

10 - You need to avoid high crime areas.

11 - You need to constantly observe unusually dressed or oddly acting persons, keep your distance from them, and leave the area if necessary.

12 - You should not let anyone get within arms reach of you.

13 - You need to protect your gun just like it protects you.

14 - It will take you slightly longer to draw from concealment than from open carry.

15 - If someone around you is open carrying then you need to switch from concealed carry to open carry otherwise that person has the advantage in drawing his/her gun.

16 - If you know someone has a gun (such as in open carry) you should keep them under constant observation and locate yourself behind them so they cannot see you.

17 - You need to be wary of groups of people assembled or operating together.

18 - It is much easier and more beneficial to leave a questionable situation than to stay there and press your luck.

19 - You need continuous firearms training and practice because all skills diminish without practice.

20 - You should practice at least monthly with your primary self defense gun.

Paranoia strikes deep ..."There is something happening here, what it is isn't entirely clear, there's a man with a gun over there, telling me I got to beware..."

Not being a chicken shit, I think i'll ignore him.

If a gun is not strapped to your person it should be in a gun safe locked up. So everyone with more than 1 gun needs a gun safe too.

I understand, but life is life. Nothing is perfect. Everybody knows you shouldn't drink and drive, yet we have hundreds of Americans killed every year because people get Fd up and feel they can still handle a car.

And also by educating them on firearm safety.

99.9% of people are probably better off just staying away from guns. I can't see spending class time on gun safety.

Here is a list of my general rules for survival on this sh!t hole we call Earth in the 21st Century anno Domini.

1 - You cannot trust anyone besides yourself.

2 - Sometimes you cannot even trust yourself so you need to be extra careful even when you are alone.

3 - The population of the Earth includes about 10% mentally ill persons and 1% criminals and 1/10th% psychopaths and sociopaths.

4 - There is nobody else on this Earth who can protect you from crime so you need to protect yourself.

5 - Everyone capable of drawing and shooting a gun accurately needs to carry or wear on their person a gun at all times in order to fight against crime.

6 - Anyone not capable of drawing and shooting a gun accurately needs to be accompanied by someone else at all times who can.

7 - You should sleep with your gun under your pillow too in case of a burglary or assault at night while you are sleeping.

8 - It is best to have a dog living with you who can alert you to trouble.

9 - You need to be constantly vigilant with total situational awareness at all times everywhere.

10 - You need to avoid high crime areas.

11 - You need to constantly observe unusually dressed or oddly acting persons, keep your distance from them, and leave the area if necessary.

12 - You should not let anyone get within arms reach of you.

13 - You need to protect your gun just like it protects you.

14 - It will take you slightly longer to draw from concealment than from open carry.

15 - If someone around you is open carrying then you need to switch from concealed carry to open carry otherwise that person has the advantage in drawing his/her gun.

16 - If you know someone has a gun (such as in open carry) you should keep them under constant observation and locate yourself behind them so they cannot see you.

17 - You need to be wary of groups of people assembled or operating together.

18 - It is much easier and more beneficial to leave a questionable situation than to stay there and press your luck.

19 - You need continuous firearms training and practice because all skills diminish without practice.

20 - You should practice at least monthly with your primary self defense gun.

Paranoia strikes deep ..."There is something happening here, what it is isn't entirely clear, there's a man with a gun over there, telling me I got to beware..."

Not being a chicken shit, I think i'll ignore him.
Ignore the man with the gun. Good, good, that'll save you every time.

And also by educating them on firearm safety.

99.9% of people are probably better off just staying away from guns. I can't see spending class time on gun safety.
Ah, a criminal enabler.

radical wrong post: 17028351 said:
The right to keep and bear arms does not include any “right” to carelessly or maliciously handle or discharge those arms in a manner that unjustly harms, threatens, or endangers others.

If there is no right to 'misuse' then someone apt to 'misuse' would not have a right to 'use'. But the claim is until they are adjudicated a 'mususer' they have a right to 'use'.
When it comes to things lke cars, you are considered unqualified to use them, until proven otherwise.

Driving a car on public roads is a privilege, not a right. Even so, there is no reasonable presumption that any particular driver is going to carelessly or maliciously ram his car into a crowd of people. We don't assume that someone is going commit a crime until he actually commits a crime, or at least credibly expresses an intent to do so. Innocent until proven guilty. We don't get to deprive anyone even of that privilege just on the basis of preduming that he might abuse it in a criminal manner. So surely, there is no justification for denying anyone's essential Constitutional rights on that basis.
Massad Ayoob from/in NJ believes it is a privilege not a right to carry a gun in public.

I tend to agree with him on that.

The privilege requires some level of training.

Massad Ayoob - Wikipedia

Driving a car on public roads is a privilege, not a right. Even so, there is no reasonable presumption that any particular driver is going to carelessly or maliciously ram his car into a crowd of people. We don't assume that someone is going commit a crime until he actually commits a crime, or at least credibly expresses an intent to do so. Innocent until proven guilty. We don't get to deprive anyone even of that privilege just on the basis of preduming that he might abuse it in a criminal manner. So surely, there is no justification for denying anyone's essential Constitutional rights on that basis.

Before you get a drivers license, it requires a pre-test, a test proving you know the rules of the road, and a practical test to prove you actually know how to drive.

radical wrong post: 17028351 said:
The right to keep and bear arms does not include any “right” to carelessly or maliciously handle or discharge those arms in a manner that unjustly harms, threatens, or endangers others.

If there is no right to 'misuse' then someone apt to 'misuse' would not have a right to 'use'. But the claim is until they are adjudicated a 'mususer' they have a right to 'use'.
When it comes to things lke cars, you are considered unqualified to use them, until proven otherwise.

Massad Ayoob from/in NJ believes it is a privilege not a right to carry a gun in public.

Massad Ayoob - Wikipedia
Ayoob is an asshole.

Perhaps but most likely not

It's a states right issue
The Constitution makes Federal Law the supreme law of the land. The right to bear arms is a Constitutional right.
Big Government TK: Ok. :lol:
No the Constitution is not big government, in fact its filled with thing the Government can not do like infringe on your right to bear arms.
Please understand that Scalia in "Heller" defined "bear" as use them in a militia activity.

"Keep" means keep them in your home.

"Bear" means use them in the capacity of an infantry action.

That's how he defined them.

And he reserves the power of regulation in public to the states.

bear.png

Massad Ayoob - Wikipedia

He's wrong, and so are you. The Second Amendment explicitly identifies it as a right, not a privilege; and forbids government from infringing it.
I don't agree with you.

And I think you are a moron.

So like other moron's you are getting really close to ending up on my iggy list.

Not sure you will be able to grow a brain fast enough in the meantime.

Last edited:

Massad Ayoob - Wikipedia

He's wrong, and so are you. The Second Amendment explicitly identifies it as a right, not a privilege; and forbids government from infringing it.
I don't agree with you.
What part of "shall not be infringed" did you not understand?

One of the main problems of reading the U.S. Constitution today is that in the 2 1/4 centuries that have passed since it was draw-up, the American English language has changed.

So the first thing any Constitutional jurist needs to do is ascertain what the words meant back then.

Lots of armchair quarterbacks forget that.

This is why Scalia's write-up of Heller is so valuable -- it is the most recent decipherment of the 2nd Amendment available.

If you want to be intelligently informed about the 2nd Amendment you need to carefully read and study Heller.

Most people are too lazy to do that yet not smart enough to keep their mouths shut in the meantime.

Forum List

Back