Noah's Ark with two of EVERY animal

In Hebrew, the account records that the earth (meaning the ground) was flooded. In English, people interpret the earth as encompassing the entire planet. In Hebrew, all the animals (meaning those in the area--perhaps even the farm area) sought shelter. In English, people imagine animals all over the planet.

Are you aware that today only twenty-four percent of Americans believe the Bible can be understood literally? Back in the 1970s, only thirty percent of Americans believed the Bible should be read literally and Evangelicals began their campaign to increase that thirty percent. They couldn't do it. Probably because our counter-arguments against reading the Bible literally convinced those who had been reading it literally.

You don’t know Hebrew!?
When’s the last time you read the last dozen or so passukim of the prior parasha?

Went to Hebrew school as a kid. No longer recall the translations I learned. What I read now during holidays I read phonetically.

In Hebrew, the account records that the earth (meaning the ground) was flooded. In English, people interpret the earth as encompassing the entire planet. In Hebrew, all the animals (meaning those in the area--perhaps even the farm area) sought shelter. In English, people imagine animals all over the planet.

Are you aware that today only twenty-four percent of Americans believe the Bible can be understood literally? Back in the 1970s, only thirty percent of Americans believed the Bible should be read literally and Evangelicals began their campaign to increase that thirty percent. They couldn't do it. Probably because our counter-arguments against reading the Bible literally convinced those who had been reading it literally.

Oh? Why did G-d command Noah to bring 7 of some kinds of animals?

Went to Hebrew school as a kid. No longer recall the translations I learned. What I read now during holidays I read phonetically.
Sad.
Hebrew is so much richer and nuanced than the horrid translations.

So the English account does not accurately translate from Hebrew?

No, I said there have always been floods, so it would make sense that older tales turned to myths that turned into the Noah myth. That doesn't mean the ancient populations communicated with each other. Which they did not do.

You are wrong. Ancient populations communicated with each other. News from one culture spread to others through well established trade routes that covered the known world exchanging not only goods and services but traditional stories, history, religious beliefs, and ideas.

"In 1992, German scientist Svetla Balabanova and her team were involved in a programme that aimed to uncover how ancient societies used hallucinogenic drugs. Mummified ancient priestess Henut Taui - along with eight other mummified bodies - produced results that astounded the team.

Every single one of the nine mummies tested positive for cocaine and hashish, while eight also revealed traces of nicotine." ( substances only grown and cultivated in the americas.)

Forum List

Back