Obama to House Republicans, "Are you going to serve the rich or the middle class?"

“The total potential federal government support could reach up to 23.7 trillion dollars,”
Monkeys COULD fly out your ass.

Not to mention the $116+ Trillion of unfunded mandates future generations are on the hook for.

SON?

YOU need to wake the hell UP instead of trying to defend the indefensible.:eusa_hand:

What are you even talking about? The fact that the government will need to fund it operations in the future? Wow. How profound.

You lefties have to know what's going on. It isn't about raising more federal revenue. Confiscating more money from the hard working people who gross more than $250,000 per year won't make a drop in the bucket of federal spending.

Can you quantify the term "drop in the bucket", or is it too much to ask that you abandon the vagueness of trite metaphor for actual numbers?

Monkeys COULD fly out your ass.

Not to mention the $116+ Trillion of unfunded mandates future generations are on the hook for.

SON?

YOU need to wake the hell UP instead of trying to defend the indefensible.:eusa_hand:

What are you even talking about? The fact that the government will need to fund it operations in the future? Wow. How profound.

well you can send them all your weekly paychecks you are so smart about it..the rest of us are tired of this bloated ass Government asking us FOR MORE monies..

Last edited:
Here's a crazy idea. YOU CUT SPENDING.

I even gave the moron the perfect spending cut, Medicare Part D. Herr Messiah® could blame Bush for passing an unworkable welfare scheme and take credit for cutting the deficit.

I dont know why this is difficult for you guys to understand. Stop oppressing the people. Allow the people, both rich and poor, work less for the government and more for themselves.

Because their agenda is not what they portray it to be.

Nope. I think we take 40% off the politicians pay and benefits before we take it from anywhere else. However, I dont have a problem cutting the waste in the defense department. There is no reason we cant have a completely efficient Military and even increase some of the pay and benefits for the troops and not cut spending.

However, Defense is the only department that ever gets cut. Let's cut some of the other departments yet, particularly the ones that arent Constitutional.

I'd be willing to cut what we pay Senators and members of the house. I don't know that 40% is the number, and I'm not even sure how much a dent that will make, but I'm on board with that.

Now, tell me which departments aren't Constitutional, in your view.

Energy, Labor, Education, EPA, countless departments dont have authorization from the Constitution.

If we followed the Constitution we would be spending significantly less.

Tell me why you don't think those departments are Constitutional, if you don't mind.

SON?

well you can send them all your weekly paychecks you are so smart about it..the rest of us are tired of this bloated ass Government asking us FOR MORE monies..

I get paid monthly.

Is it to much to ask that the taxpayers of the future fund the future? We have to pay for every expense the government will ever have right now? That's a bit absurd, don't you think?

SNIP:

Obama: It’s time to allow tax cuts for the wealthy, folks like myself, to expire
posted at 1:21 pm on July 9, 2012 by Erika Johnsen

So it looks like we’re back to tax cuts, a.k.a. class-warmongering distraction number one, as one of the campaign-related talking points du jour (because we don’t want anybody lingering over ObamaCareTax now, do we?).

President Obama gave yet another much-recycled speech on Monday afternoon, in which he announced his latest drive to extend the Bush-era tax cuts — but only for Americans making less than $250,000 a year

Here’s the speech in full, if you care to try and stomach the ol’ ‘we’ve tried ‘top-down’ economics and it didn’t work,’ ‘these darn tax cuts for the wealthiest Americans are what’s driving our deficit,’ ‘these Republicans are obstructing just for the sake of obstructing’ blather.

But if you’d rather not sit through the entire thing (a sentiment with which I can entirely sympathize), here’s the real ‘really, I promise, this isn’t about class warfare’-money moment.

the rest here with comments
Obama: It’s time to allow tax cuts for the wealthy, folks like myself, to expire « Hot Air

and we would be supporting the post office.

Why is it the republicans want it dead?

Ive seen no evidence that Republicans want the Post office dead. More efficient, definitely.

What specific changes to the PO do Republicans support?

Cut the federal government by a factor of about 8 and then let the states decide what they want to fund and not fund.

As swallow would say "It's that simple."

and we would be supporting the post office.

Why is it the republicans want it dead?

Ive seen no evidence that Republicans want the Post office dead. More efficient, definitely.

I cant honestly answer that. Im not familiar with the details of the Republican platform on the post office. Its not something Im very interested in. What I do know is we dont need let it bleed money. It's a Constitutional institution.

And I know the Republican platform isnt kill the post office.

I cant honestly answer that.

I just said they want to make it more efficient. What are they going to do to make it more efficient. Just wish it so?

What I do know is we dont need let it bleed money. It's a Constitutional institution.
Define "bleeding money".

I'd be willing to cut what we pay Senators and members of the house. I don't know that 40% is the number, and I'm not even sure how much a dent that will make, but I'm on board with that.

Now, tell me which departments aren't Constitutional, in your view.

Energy, Labor, Education, EPA, countless departments dont have authorization from the Constitution.

Tell me why you don't think those departments are Constitutional, if you don't mind.

Because I've read the Constitution. The Federal Government is a government of enumerated powers and not general powers. The Constitution doesnt authorize regulation in those area. And the 10th amendment provides that any authority not given the Federal Government by the Constitution and that authority is retained by the States and individuals.

I just said they want to make it more efficient. What are they going to do to make it more efficient. Just wish it so?

What I do know is we dont need let it bleed money. It's a Constitutional institution.
Define "bleeding money".

It takes in less than it makes.

Not really sure why thats difficult to understand.

Because I've read the Constitution. The Federal Government is a government of enumerated powers and not general powers. The Constitution doesnt authorize regulation in those area. And the 10th amendment provides that any authority not given the Federal Government by the Constitution and that authority is retained by the States and individuals.

In your reading of the Constitution you missed the Commerce Clause and Article I Section 8 Clause 1.

So it looks like we’re back to tax cuts, a.k.a. class-warmongering distraction number one, as one of the campaign-related talking points du jour (because we don’t want anybody lingering over ObamaCareTax now, do we?).
Why does the right have to make it a class warfare issue?

Because it's hard to indoctrinate people to vote against their own private interests if they don't convince people it's UNFAIR to expect the rich to pay more. But as my old pal Adam Smith said, they should do so. God I love Adam Smith and all his progressive Class Warfare!

Define "bleeding money".

It takes in less than it makes.

Not really sure why thats difficult to understand.

The Post Office is mandated by law to not post a profit. I'm not sure why you think the Post Office being a Constitutional institution implies it must profit off of the People.

Why does the right have to make it a class warfare issue?

look at yourselves on this board and you will see who is all about class warfare..
You just can't take the community agitator out of Obama, he really is a despicable person as are his followers

In your reading of the Constitution you missed the Commerce Clause and Article I Section 8 Clause 1.

You do realize that energy, labor, education, and the Environment aren't commerce, right?

Forum List

Back