ObamaCare Enrollment At 6 Million Just Before Deadline

Nevada’s Obamacare Program Called ‘Full Failure,’ ‘Catastrophe’

CARSON CITY, Nev. (AP) — As supporters of the federal health care reforms push for final signups, a handful of states are trying to press the reset button.
They have botched their handling of the process so badly that they already are looking beyond Monday’s enrollment deadline to the next enrollment period starting in the fall.

Many states and the federal government experienced technical problems with the enrollment websites, but implementation of the federal Affordable Care Act has been a relative disaster in Maryland, Massachusetts, Nevada, Oregon and Vermont.
Rather than focusing on meeting enrollment targets, officials in those states find themselves consumed with replacing top officials, cancelling contracts with software companies, dealing with state or federal investigations, and spending tens of millions of dollars on fixes and new contractors.

The core of the problem has been the difficulty in building an online health insurance marketplace that syncs up with myriad state and federal databases.

http://lasvegas.cbslocal.com/2014/03/25/nevadas-obamacare-program-called-full-failure-catastrophe/

I think it is an objective fact that millions of people are successfully enrolling in ObamaCare and that millions more will do so before the next election. It is better to accept reality than to deny it. It is my belief one of the key reasons the GOP lost the 2012 election is because they deny reality and fabricate illusions and then attack those illusions. Meanwhile, Obama dances the voters across the finish line.

Now, you can waffle around and ask how many have yet to make their first payment, but that is the whining of a weasel. It is a distinction without a difference. Those millions will make their payments, they will receive their insurance cards, and you will have accomplished nothing except to deny reality to yourselves a little longer when you do not have the luxury of wasting a single day in an election year.

It is time to accept the reality that ObamaCare is enrolling millions and milions of people, and that many of those people are now insured for the first time. Perhaps for the first time in their lives, and many more for the first time in years. These people are going to be experiencing the joy of visiting a doctor and having the insurance coverage to do so. This is a tangible result of ObamaCare in their lives, and no amount of weaseling rhetoric will undercut that reality.

This is going to be a significant demographic factor in the next election. And in the one after that.

Rather than live in denial, face the facts and deal with them.

Before it is too late. Again.

Politically it is important to remember that the overwhelming majority of Americans were not affected by Obamacare...my insurance for example only got better since you can now claim kids up until they turn 26. Premiums didn't go up any more for this year than they did last year and the year before and they year before and as they have since I started.

The only ones being forced to sign up for something they didn't have are the uninsured.
Some burden--insurance!!!

Those who lost their terrible health plans have been moved onto better plans by and large and are paying what they have paid--usually--or just a wee bit more but now have better insurance.

I think Obamacare will be a big benefit to the GOP in 2014. There is still a shock to the system that is taking place and any shock of this sort will be unwelcome since humans usually do not like change even when, long term, it is for their benefit.

In 2016, the GOP will need a new boogeyman.

ObamaCare's closest blood relative is RomneyCare. You know Romney, right? He's the guy the schizophrenic Republican Party decided to put up as their candidate for President. They guy who INVENTED ObamaCare...
Just because a dumbass Republican did it on the State level is no reason to attempt it nor to defend it on the National level.

And yet the schizos chose that dumbass Republican as their Presidential candidate!

...Is ObamaCare going to be astronomically expensive to the taxpayers? Oh, hell yeah...
So, why are we doing it? Most folks had decent coverage beforehand.

With ever increasing premiums and more and more people being priced out of the market.

For those who did NOT have decent coverage beforehand, why not set up a National Poor and Preexisting Conditions Healthcare adjunct to what we already have, and leave what already existed and worked well alone? Why screw things up for the huge numbers of people who already had something that worked? If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

It was broken, and the GOP did NOTHING to fix it.

Even now, the GOP stares off into space when asked, "Repeal ObamaCare...AND THEN WHAT?"

To fix a problem, you first have to admit you have one, and the GOP has denied there was a problem, just like you are denying it right now.

Last edited:
I think it is an objective fact that millions of people are successfully enrolling in ObamaCare and that millions more will do so before the next election. It is better to accept reality than to deny it. It is my belief one of the key reasons the GOP lost the 2012 election is because they deny reality and fabricate illusions and then attack those illusions. Meanwhile, Obama dances the voters across the finish line.

Now, you can waffle around and ask how many have yet to make their first payment, but that is the whining of a weasel. It is a distinction without a difference. Those millions will make their payments, they will receive their insurance cards, and you will have accomplished nothing except to deny reality to yourselves a little longer when you do not have the luxury of wasting a single day in an election year.

It is time to accept the reality that ObamaCare is enrolling millions and milions of people, and that many of those people are now insured for the first time. Perhaps for the first time in their lives, and many more for the first time in years. These people are going to be experiencing the joy of visiting a doctor and having the insurance coverage to do so. This is a tangible result of ObamaCare in their lives, and no amount of weaseling rhetoric will undercut that reality.

This is going to be a significant demographic factor in the next election. And in the one after that.

Politically it is important to remember that the overwhelming majority of Americans were not affected by Obamacare...my insurance for example only got better since you can now claim kids up until they turn 26. Premiums didn't go up any more for this year than they did last year and the year before and they year before and as they have since I started.

The only ones being forced to sign up for something they didn't have are the uninsured.

Those who lost their terrible health plans have been moved onto better plans by and large and are paying what they have paid--usually--or just a wee bit more but now have better insurance.

I think Obamacare will be a big benefit to the GOP in 2014. There is still a shock to the system that is taking place and any shock of this sort will be unwelcome since humans usually do not like change even when, long term, it is for their benefit.

Yet my premium increased more than it had during the last 4 years combined.

Not so good for me at all

-Geaux

Ame®icano;8842575 said:
6 million out of 46 million is a success?

The goal of the ACA is to ensure that all Americans can have affordable health insurance. 6 million is the number who signed up during the initial open enrollment period; not the end goal.

Of course, you know that already. You're just being obtuse. But while you're playing games and poopooing the numbers, more people are signing up. Come November, the numbers will be even higher. Who do you think those people will be voting for - the party that gave them affordable health care, or the party that wants to take it away from them?

Yes, the Democrats FORCING millions of Americans to pay anywhere from 20% to over 200% more for medical coverage than they were paying is just what the people will remember before they vote. Should mandate everyone gets their new healthcare bill on Nov.1, 2014! :eusa_clap::eusa_clap:

777-full.jpg

Exactly why various Democrats have been reported in recent months as quietly trying to distance themselves from Obamacare, and to gently decline Obama's participation in their reelection campaigns, methinks.

Nevada’s Obamacare Program Called ‘Full Failure,’ ‘Catastrophe’

CARSON CITY, Nev. (AP) — As supporters of the federal health care reforms push for final signups, a handful of states are trying to press the reset button.
They have botched their handling of the process so badly that they already are looking beyond Monday’s enrollment deadline to the next enrollment period starting in the fall.

Many states and the federal government experienced technical problems with the enrollment websites, but implementation of the federal Affordable Care Act has been a relative disaster in Maryland, Massachusetts, Nevada, Oregon and Vermont.
Rather than focusing on meeting enrollment targets, officials in those states find themselves consumed with replacing top officials, cancelling contracts with software companies, dealing with state or federal investigations, and spending tens of millions of dollars on fixes and new contractors.

The core of the problem has been the difficulty in building an online health insurance marketplace that syncs up with myriad state and federal databases.

Nevada?s Obamacare Program Called ?Full Failure,? ?Catastrophe? « CBS Las Vegas

Some states are experiencing horrible problems with ObamaCare, while others are doing extremely well.

If I was to make a bet, I would would bet that most of the states experiencing problems are red states, and that most of the states doing well are blue states.

No, it will only get worse! Especially when the people are reminded that ONLY DEMOCRATS voted for it and pushed it through!

xdifx0.jpg

ObamaCare's closest blood relative is RomneyCare. You know Romney, right? He's the guy the schizophrenic Republican Party decided to put up as their candidate for President. They guy who INVENTED ObamaCare...
Just because a dumbass Republican did it on the State level is no reason to attempt it nor to defend it on the National level.

And yet the schizos chose that dumbass Republican as their Presidential candidate!...
Nolo contendere. No contest. They never learn. They are badly out of touch with Mainstream America, in a great many ways. But they get returned to power every so often once the Democrats have overstayed their welcome and tried one too many social engineering experiments and burned off too much cash on the touchy-feely (social programming) shit.

So, why are we doing it? Most folks had decent coverage beforehand.
With ever increasing premiums and more and more people being priced out of the market.
Given the tremendous increases in premiums SINCE the advent of ObamaCare, it might be best not to use that bullet-point about increases BEFORE the advent of ObamaCare.

Given the tremendous numbers of people whose existing coverage died because of ObamaCare and given the tremendous numbers of people whose employers have either (a) dropped healthcare as a benefit altogether or (b) had their hours radically reduced so that they no longer qualify for healthcare benefits... it might be best not to talk about people being forced out of the free marketplace BEFORE the advent of ObamaCare.

For those who did NOT have decent coverage beforehand, why not set up a National Poor and Preexisting Conditions Healthcare adjunct to what we already have, and leave what already existed and worked well alone? Why screw things up for the huge numbers of people who already had something that worked? If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
It was broken, and the GOP did NOTHING to fix it.
Making it worse than it was beforehand is not 'fixing it'.

Besides, it depends upon one's definition of 'broken' and 'fixed' in this narrow context, and which target Benefits Audience (self-sufficient or government-dependent) we're talking about.

Even now, the GOP stares off into space when asked, "Repeal ObamaCare...AND THEN WHAT?"...
Agreed.

As to what happens afterwards... nothing... we each fend for ourselves in this context, just as we always have... perhaps after tossing a far less costly bone to the government-dependent types... or perhaps not.

To fix a problem, you first have to admit you have one, and the GOP has denied there was a problem, just like you are denying it right now.
I'm not sure the GOP is denying the problem exists, nor am I.

The GOP merely holds that the problem is not theirs (the government's) to fix, right?

Last edited:
So why can't Obama tell us how many paid up?

Sent from smartphone using my wits and Taptalk

Frank was punished for lying about this elsewhere.

How many paid, Jake?

Can you tell us? Ask your supervisor at OFA

Something I posted last December:

It is just as I predicted. Once the web site starts working, the rubes will keep moving the goalposts.

Three months from now...

"Oh, yeah? But how many have a hard copy of their policy? HUH?"

Eleven months from now...

"Oh yeah? But how many of them have actually USED that health insurance to find out if it really works? HUH?"

Look, I found an anecdotal story of a cancer lady whose insurance didn't pay for their chemo! Death panels! Death panels!

ObamaCare is here to stay. The quicker you move through the five stages of grief, the better off you will be.

:D

How many who signed up would have preferred not to?

PLUNGE: New poll shows Obamacare support at 26% - Washington Times

A new poll shows that just 26 percent of Americans support Obamacare, but at the same time only 13 percent think the law will be completely repealed.

Read more: PLUNGE: New poll shows Obamacare support at 26% - Washington Times
Follow us: [MENTION=39892]Was[/MENTION]htimes on Twitter
Wow. This was the new entitlement that Dems were going to ride to permanent majorities. How is that working out for them?

The GOP merely holds that the problem is not theirs (the government's) to fix, right?

Since the government is the single largest cause of the problems in our health care system, then it has to be fixed by the government.

The Republicans had all the power under Bush, and did nothing to fix the problems, and even added to the problem by piling on a trillion dollar government entitlement. Democrats were telegraphing what they would do if given the chance, and the GOP sat there with its collective thumb up its ass for decades.

And the Republicans continue to not offer any alternatives to ObamaCare. Repeal...and then what?

I have offered solutions many times on this forum, and have been waiting for the GOP to get off the fucking stick and start doing the same. Even with all of ObamaCare's faults, the American people are not going to accept "Repeal ObamaCare and go back to the way it was before".

The GOP needs to put a goddam plan on the table. Something more substantive than empty "free market" sloganeering. The GOP has dumbed down their piss drinking parrots so much they now have the intellectual bandwidth of bumper stickers.

Last edited:

Since the government is the single largest cause of the problems in our health care system, then it has to be fixed by the government.

The Republicans had all the power under Bush, and did nothing to fix the problems, and even added to the problem by piling on a trillion dollar government entitlement. Democrats were telegraphing what they would do if given the chance, and the GOP sat there with its collective thumb up its ass for decades.

And the Republicans continue to not offer any alternatives to ObamaCare. Repeal...and then what?

I have offered solutions many times on this forum, and have been waiting for the GOP to get off the fucking stick and start doing the same. Even with all of ObamaCare's faults, the American people are not going to accept "Repeal ObamaCare and go back to the way it was before".

The GOP needs to put a goddam plan on the table. Something more substantive than empty "free market" sloganeering. The GOP has dumbed down their piss drinking parrots so much they now have the intellectual bandwidth of bumper stickers.

You're such a fucking lying scumbag. Edgetho is right: you need to go away somewhere and die. The GOP has offered many alternatives. Many of those have been referenced on this site repeatedly, in threads you've participated in. And yet you're back to "The GOP has no alternative." Why do you lie? Are you stupid?

Wow. Insurance Companies are excited about government regulations that force consumers to buy their product? What a huge surprise.

:cuckoo:

Nope. You can pay the tax if you want. You have a choice.

You want a third choice, though...donchya? You want to choose not to buy coverage....and not pay the tax. Then...we can all pay for you when you get sick or injured. Right?

Please provide the stats for people who are voluntarily uninsured who end up being a taxpayer burden with their medical costs.

How many of the "6MM" paid up?

Why can't you give an answer?

I wonder if that's actually true. It hasn't been tried, but I think they may take a crack at just that. I dunno. It's all a matter of spin. We'll see.

The GOP needs to put a goddam plan on the table. Something more substantive than empty 'free market' sloganeering. The GOP has dumbed down their piss drinking parrots so much they now have the intellectual bandwidth of bumper stickers.
Don't know about that, but I suspect they're going to try to revert back to pre-ObamaCare status, with little or no accommodation for those left out in the cold, as soon as they can manage it.

The Pubs tend to get a little suicidal that way from time to time... better to take a hit at the ballot-box then to let the cash-hemorrhaging continue ad infinitum. Taking a bullet for the Republic. Sometimes that's in the nation's best interests in overturning a bad Liberal-Progressive idea. Sometimes it's not.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back