Official USMB Mafia Game #2: Enter the Godfather

mani give me the reasoning there...i will listen....your gut is saying ma?

Yes, and more strongly with each passing post.

She's playing the exact same game people here play in political debates when their partisan conclusion is predetermined and they aren't really interested in engaging in any kind of productive dialogue and are merely trying to "win" the internets. Twisting words, taking things out of context, making vague points and accusations and claiming victory. It's exactly the same shit Avatar did to R.D. in game one and I fell for it. Not going to happen again.

BS!

When I post in politics, I research the sources presented.
Research is a portion of what I do at my JOB.

Good morning everyone.

This game has been a learning process for everyone, including this big oaf. :smiliehug:

I've added a new rule. Please do not discuss pets or family members in Mafia games. The game can be stressful as hell at times. One time I took my $500 laptop and threw it down the stairs because I was so mad. Thank God for warranty and wit. Point being, the game's mental warfare, and bringing pets or family into it is just asking for trouble. Amending rules post now.

Sorry Wake...I was busy with a grieving child whose pet was dying. I let the board know what was going on ONLY because at that time I actually had time to participate more but I couldn't.
It's called being courteous.

Can we also have a rule regarding players who flat out lie?
And....can we have a rule regarding stroke counts in posts?
Srsly, reading through some posts is ....tldr.

I showed you sympathy for this and backed off because of it. You come back and accuse me of deflecting.

I had 2 dogs die within 4 months of each other. I was trying to sympathize. After you accused me of deflecting, you accused me of calling you a liar for that. Since then you've been doing nothing but complain about me.

I am seriously beyond disturbed by this.

This is not Mafia. It's drama and I hate it. I will not respond to it further.

Guys, please simmer down. This is just a game, and it's meant to be fun. Whatever you do, please don't take this game seriously, or have your relationships change because of it.

Oh trust me, I'm having fun with this! :D

When it first started, though, I was having dreams about this stupid game, for 2 nights in a row. It was then that I knew I needed to take several steps back from it and look at it in a different way. Since I did that, no more dreams, no stress at all over it. This game, and any other, isn't worth it.

mani give me the reasoning there...i will listen....your gut is saying ma?

Yes, and more strongly with each passing post.

She's playing the exact same game people here play in political debates when their partisan conclusion is predetermined and they aren't really interested in engaging in any kind of productive dialogue and are merely trying to "win" the internets. Twisting words, taking things out of context, making vague points and accusations and claiming victory. It's exactly the same shit Avatar did to R.D. in game one and I fell for it. Not going to happen again.

BS!

When I post in politics, I research the sources presented.
Research is a portion of what I do at my JOB.

If true, that only makes your behavior here all the more suspicious.

Good morning everyone.

This game has been a learning process for everyone, including this big oaf. :smiliehug:

I've added a new rule. Please do not discuss pets or family members in Mafia games. The game can be stressful as hell at times. One time I took my $500 laptop and threw it down the stairs because I was so mad. Thank God for warranty and wit. Point being, the game's mental warfare, and bringing pets or family into it is just asking for trouble. Amending rules post now.

Sorry Wake...I was busy with a grieving child whose pet was dying. I let the board know what was going on ONLY because at that time I actually had time to participate more but I couldn't.

I showed you sympathy for this and backed off because of it. You come back and accuse me of deflecting.

I had 2 dogs die within 4 months of each other. I was trying to sympathize. After you accused me of deflecting, you accused me of calling you a liar for that. Since then you've been doing nothing but complain about me.

you accused me of calling you a liar for that
BS!

Link to your accusation pls. (This is about the 10th or more time I've asked for links to your accusations)

You deflected. OWN IT!!

I don't need your sympathy.

Pls put me on ignore if you can't handle the same type of discussion you dish out.

:thup:

you accused me of calling you a liar for that
BS!

Link to your accusation pls. (This is about the 10th or more time I've asked for links to your accusations)

You deflected. OWN IT!!

I don't need your sympathy.

Pls put me on ignore if you can't handle the same type of discussion you dish out.

:thup:

I'm done with you and will no longer be responding to you in this game.

Have a nice day.

Sorry, this opened raw emotions and wounds for me and I didn't handle it well.

I need a break.

My apologizes to all of you for my behavior. Every single one of you.

It isn't fair to those of you trying to play.

I will step back.

Please continue.

Thanks

This is getting out of hand :(

Agreed.

In the interests of the game, I think we've reached a point where people have to pick a side and vote for either MeBelle or Wolfsister and let the chips fall wherever they may.

I've made my feelings well known already and my vote is cast.

Agreed.

In the interests of the game, I think we've reached a point where people have to pick a side and vote for either MeBelle or Wolfsister and let the chips fall wherever they may.

Why Wolf ??? Even Mebelle and Aye haven't cast a vote for her. As far as I recall I'm the only one who even has her on my FOS list. Mebelle causing an uproar is not good enough reason imo to toss Wolf overboard

The pressure is on SB and Shaitra. I wish they would just vote and get this over with .

Not Voting (3): strollingbones♀, Mebelle60♀, Shaitra♀

MeBelle60 (4): Mertex♀, manifold♂, Wolfsister77♀, R.D.♀
Mertex (2): , AyeCantSeeYou♀, dblack♂
strollingbones (1): Luissa♀

I didn't get that she called you a liar, she is just doing anything to avoid answering the question. She accused you of defection while defecting. How that reads town is beyond me

I'm confused...who accused wolfsister of defecting?

You

Thanks for your concern.....

Nice deflection on your part though.

Thanks RD.

Defecting and deflecting are two different things.

Where did I accuse anyone of defecting :confused:

OK~New rule [MENTION=44124]Wake[/MENTION]

No thumbs up during game play.

Great insight, hell of a post. Way to go. :thup:

You were the one complaining about RatInThe Hat thanking posts.

I merely made the request official for you.

How about my other proposed new rules???

I'm not the only one mentioning Rat. Which rule proposals do you want me to give insight on? The ones you don't want me posting too much, the ones where I post too long of posts, the musings and novellas that you don't want to read, the ones you don't want me putting thumbs up in, the post counts being too high, the keystrokes, or the outright lying you accused me of?

I was not prepared to deal with the pets dying stuff. It open a raw wound for me and I already admitted I handled it bad and apologized.

But I will not apologize for the way I choose to play this game or for sympathizing with you even if you didn't want it.

Have a nice day.

Agreed.

Why Wolf ??? Even Mebelle and Aye haven't cast a vote for her. As far as I recall I'm the only one who even has her on my FOS list. Mebelle causing an uproar is not good enough reason imo to toss Wolf overboard

The pressure is on SB and Shaitra. I wish they would just vote and get this over with .

Not Voting (3): strollingbones♀, Mebelle60♀, Shaitra♀

MeBelle60 (4): Mertex♀, manifold♂, Wolfsister77♀, R.D.♀
Mertex (2): , AyeCantSeeYou♀, dblack♂
strollingbones (1): Luissa♀

I definitely don't endorse a vote for Wolf, that's not what I'm saying at all.

But their bickering is not helping the town or the game in any way, and frankly, it makes me uncomfortable to the point that I think one of them has to go. Otherwise this shit is going to linger and drain every last bit of fun out of it. My vote is for MeBelle.

I overlook the arguing. It's going to happen in this game and any other mafia game. It's just part of it. I don't believe it's any reason to vote someone out either. I'd rather my vote go to someone I really think is detrimental to town.

Wolfsister77 is taking a break until at least Monday.

This is a dastardly game of deceit, analysis, and wit. You can make it damned fun with all the witty (insidious?) strategies out there. Play the game, focus on it, and use your creativity to come up with some epic plays to carry out.

Above all, have fun with this game!

I overlook the arguing. It's going to happen in this game and any other mafia game. It's just part of it. I don't believe it's any reason to vote someone out either. I'd rather my vote go to someone I really think is detrimental to town.

Yeah, you're right.

I must have got caught up in all the drama myself there for a bit. :redface:

I need a shower. :lol:

Wolfsister77 is taking a break until at least Monday.

This is a dastardly game of deceit, analysis, and wit. You can make it damned fun with all the witty (insidious?) strategies out there. Play the game, focus on it, and use your creativity to come up with some epic plays to carry out.

Above all, have fun with this game!

If Wolfsister77 is taking a break until at least Monday, should her vote still count? She might quit, period. [MENTION=44124]Wake[/MENTION]

Yes, so long as a player is still alive and in the game. A player on break can still be lynched, though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've posted many things that are helpful to the game. It's not my fault if some people refuse to read, re-read, look up stuff on their own, go back to previous posts themselves, and start putting things together. Those that don't want to read it or look it up on their own or discuss what I posted the past couple of days are also the same people I suspect of being scum.

The only people trying to 'blow up the game' are the ones that take it so serious. It's a game, not something our lives depend on.

We all think we have

The problem is I know your insights have been wrong concerning me :eusa_hand:

And me. Everyone thinks they have it down to a science. It blew up in SB's face with Sameech. But, if we don't stick together to at least learn something, we'll get picked up one by one, because Scum isn't going to let the opportunity to snuff one of us out at night.
You do the math...SB, Shaitra, Luissa and ACSY....voting for someone with just one or two votes isn't helping, and really smells like Scum.

Forum List

Back