Official USMB Mafia Game #2: Enter the Godfather

Vote: No Vote
I want to rescind my vote for Mani, even if he is a dick. :)

Why should a soft vote hold up the game?
It reminds me of BlackFlag, from Mafia #1, who didn't post after his first few posts. He held up the game while Wake prodded him.

I can't make it any clearer......hard votes once there is a majority, allow Wake to close the thread and do the lynch.

Soft/temp votes lets everyone know where the votes are and whether there is a majority but prevents Wake from doing a premature lynch. If you don't understand that maybe by the time the game is over you'll understand it.

i dont see why yall are after avatar....he is wordy....more yappery but he does go on....but that is just his way..he does that all the time...and he is smart with good powers of observation ....remember the roles are randomly chosen...the first game has nothing to do with this one

That's what the scum's goal is - to distract and confuse those of us that are townies. If someone isn't sure of who they are going to vote for and the deadline isn't near, what's the big deal? It sure as hell doesn't bother me that they don't throw a name out just to pacify a few. We still have several days before the deadline. For those wanting to rush a vote out, why are you in such a hurry? Do ya'll have something to hide?
cat13.gif

I don't understand why you find the Temp Vote so confusing...it was intended to help Townies come together on who they want to lynch instead of having everyone throwing out different names. By making them "temp" votes, Wake can't run with a lynch until they become hard votes, it was just a way of trying to get a consensus.

The last time, we were making hard votes and then if we had to be away from the Forum, others made hard votes that amounted to a majority and Wake was able to close the thread and do a lynch. I came back with the intention of switching my vote after thinking it over and reading over some of the posts made while I was gone, only to find out it was too late and Wake had already lynched another Townie.

Maybe as this game progresses you will see what I mean and understand that it isn't intended to confuse. The only ones pushing for a quick vote was Avatar, which made me suspicious of him. MeBelle also cast a hard vote right out of nowhere, which also smells of scum. I may be wrong, but we'll find out after the first lynching.

If Avatar and MeBelle make it through the first lynch and I'm killed that night, you'll see that I was right.

Well, if you make it through the first lynch it sure won't be me killing you during the night because I'm not scum.

I haven't pushed for a quick vote. Why do you keep claiming that?

Not speaking for Mertex, but as I pointed out several times - you suggested we not to rush a vote, be articulate for our suspicions....
Also, let's make sure we don't lynch people too quickly for frivolous reasons.
(on the 18th). Then hard vote a lynch on the 20th on a gut feeling when the deadline is the 28th.

I don't consider gut reactions this early in the game frivolous. Besides, it got you talking which was informative to all and reinforced my vote.

I'm going to reevaluate my thinking. I misremembered what mertex said and it has me second guessing myself.

As for focusing on the role blocker asap, that was who we should target, not that we should rush a lynching. I thought that was obvious from the context as I don't know who that is. I'm rethinking everything but r.d and mertex keep making me suspicious when they ignore context and attack me on poor reasoning while pretending to rely on sound. I don't have a problem admitting my mistakes. Yet they are doubling down

dont be fooled by smooth talking ropey and his dance of ...i will do what is best for the town....even offering to vote himself out...not doing it just offereing....

I will reiterate; temp votes are a waste of time.

The rules clearly state votes can be changed any time.

But they can't. We lost the last game because the final vote "the hammer vote"
ends the game immediately.

dont be fooled by smooth talking ropey and his dance of ...i will do what is best for the town....even offering to vote himself out...not doing it just offereing....

If you're right again, will you give me some lottery numbers? :D

That's what the scum's goal is - to distract and confuse those of us that are townies. If someone isn't sure of who they are going to vote for and the deadline isn't near, what's the big deal? It sure as hell doesn't bother me that they don't throw a name out just to pacify a few. We still have several days before the deadline. For those wanting to rush a vote out, why are you in such a hurry? Do ya'll have something to hide?
cat13.gif

I don't understand why you find the Temp Vote so confusing...it was intended to help Townies come together on who they want to lynch instead of having everyone throwing out different names. By making them "temp" votes, Wake can't run with a lynch until they become hard votes, it was just a way of trying to get a consensus.

The last time, we were making hard votes and then if we had to be away from the Forum, others made hard votes that amounted to a majority and Wake was able to close the thread and do a lynch. I came back with the intention of switching my vote after thinking it over and reading over some of the posts made while I was gone, only to find out it was too late and Wake had already lynched another Townie.

Maybe as this game progresses you will see what I mean and understand that it isn't intended to confuse. The only ones pushing for a quick vote was Avatar, which made me suspicious of him.

MeBelle also cast a hard vote right out of nowhere, which also smells of scum. I may be wrong, but we'll find out after the first lynching.
I gave a reason for my vote.

If Avatar and MeBelle make it through the first lynch and I'm killed that night, you'll see that I was right.

That makes no sense.
If you're a Townie the Doc could put in a good word for you.

So what if we have to be away from the computer?
It's part of the game.

Only if the Doc chooses right. And we only know that if there is no kill at night, which tells us the doc is alive but not who the mafia targeted. Again, giving the mafia a heads up on who is not the Doc. based on their missed hit.

Trying to stop a sudden death is sound playing if you're a townie

I don't consider gut reactions this early in the game frivolous. Besides, it got you talking which was informative to all and reinforced my vote.

I'm going to reevaluate my thinking. I misremembered what mertex said and it has me second guessing myself.

As for focusing on the role blocker asap, that was who we should target, not that we should rush a lynching. I thought that was obvious from the context as I don't know who that is. I'm rethinking everything but r.d and mertex keep making me suspicious when they ignore context and attack me on poor reasoning while pretending to rely on sound. I don't have a problem admitting my mistakes. Yet they are doubling down

How do we focus on the role blocker?

Cafe-where are you?

I'd like a vote count soon also.

I think Avatar has more votes than Ropey right now but I'm not sure.

I'm gonna switch to Cafe if I don't hear anything today. I see no compelling reason to keep my vote on Ropey or to join a lynch mob on Avatar. So the least participation guy will be my next step.

Cafe-where are you?

I'd like a vote count soon also.

I think Avatar has more votes than Ropey right now but I'm not sure.

I'm gonna switch to Cafe if I don't hear anything today. I see no compelling reason to keep my vote on Ropey or to join a lynch mob on Avatar. So the least participation guy will be my next step.

I'm leaning toward changing my Ropey vote too, but since he's not close to getting lynched and I haven't decided who to change it to, I'm going to leave it for now. Cafe's lack of participation is a little suspicious, but it's not really very much to go on.

The amount of bickering going on between Avi, tex, and R.D. has me considering rolling the dice on one of them right now.

No you lost because you voted for the wrong person. Which is why we shouldn't vote if we aren't in favor of lynching and why manis suggestion that we give people notice before the hammar votes isn't a bad idea

No you lost because you voted for the wrong person. Which is why we shouldn't vote if we aren't in favor of lynching and why manis suggestion that we give people notice before the hammar votes isn't a bad idea

Yeah, pretty much what I've been saying and agreeing to all along.

Stop bickering :lol:

This post contains two red flags IMO.

First, there is less of an incentive for mafia to read every post thoroughly since there is less for them to figure out, especially on day one. Confusing one player with another definitely does not indicate a dedicated effort to trying to figure out who is who.

And second, making suggestions that are not practical at this point in the game strikes me as an attempt at obfuscation.

FOS: Avatar

i got up expecting a vote ......and a lynching by now.....

my vote remains:

Vote: ropey

Why are you being this way? You've been told over and over the final vote is not due until the middle of next week.

People are saying that those who push for an early vote are likely Mafia, because
Mafia benefits most from a rush to lynch.

You must remember during the last game that Syrenn acted just like this with a major push to vote fast - and she was blue Mafia!

In the face of all the opposing evidence that is out there you are still acting the same as Syrenn did, so I am changing my vote.

Vote: Strollingbones

Regards from Rosie

I wouldn't put too much stock in bone's push to have me assassinated. She's conflating another e-game with this one and that one's hurting. . . quite a bit.

;)

She could (and very easily) be a townie who would just like me gone.

Maybe as this game progresses you will see what I mean and understand that it isn't intended to confuse. The only ones pushing for a quick vote was Avatar, which made me suspicious of him.

I gave a reason for my vote.

That makes no sense.
If you're a Townie the Doc could put in a good word for you.

So what if we have to be away from the computer?
It's part of the game.

Only if the Doc chooses right. And we only know that if there is no kill at night, which tells us the doc is alive but not who the mafia targeted. Again, giving the mafia a heads up on who is not the Doc. based on their missed hit.

Trying to stop a sudden death is sound playing if you're a townie

Is that necessarily true. We didn't have a successful save elsewhere. I would think so that the night scene would have the person being shot and saved revealing their name. But I'm not sure

Forum List

Back