Official USMB Mafia Game #2: Enter the Godfather

Every single player has a themed profession. Not only does this serve as fodder for deaths while adding another layer to our game, but it's to start easing players more into the complex world of themed Mafia.

Day 1 ends in two days, 4 hours.
[MENTION=44124]Wake[/MENTION], are those themed professions connected to the specialized game roles in a meaninful way? Is the 'Doctor' a 'doctor', for example? Or is it just random 'color'?

edited only to change 'Wake' to [MENTION=44124]Wake[/MENTION]'

Last edited:
You're right wake. They can't handle the truth.

I'm a bit suspicious of wolfsister finding mertex's explanation compelling. Last time someone found mertex's explanation compelling on such flimsy reasons, they were scum.

So now you think 5 of us are scum, when there are only 3 scum in the game. And each of your suspects becomes a suspect after they call you suspicious.

Good to know.

Oh, just so you know, I don't think you're the godfather. I think Bones is. Gut feeling.

I'm a bit suspicious of wolfsister finding mertex's explanation compelling. Last time someone found mertex's explanation compelling on such flimsy reasons, they were scum.

So now you think 5 of us are scum, when there are only 3 scum in the game. And each of your suspects becomes a suspect after they call you suspicious.

Good to know.

Oh, just so you know, I don't think you're the godfather. I think Bones is. Gut feeling.

I'm guessing who is scum. There are actions that make me more suspicious of someone. Changing votes on bad logic is one of the reasons. I suspect more than five people. I just find my odds better with some like Rosie more than others. Considering you have a list too you shouldn't act shocked

Good to know.

I'm guessing who is scum. There are actions that make me more suspicious of someone. Changing votes on bad logic is one of the reasons. I suspect more than five people. I just find my odds better with some like Rosie more than others. Considering you have a list too you shouldn't act shocked

I'm not shocked. I'm bored.

Every single player has a themed profession. Not only does this serve as fodder for deaths while adding another layer to our game, but it's to start easing players more into the complex world of themed Mafia.

Day 1 ends in two days, 4 hours.
[MENTION=44124]Wake[/MENTION], are those themed professions connected to the specialized game roles in a meaninful way? Is the 'Doctor' a 'doctor', for example? Or is it just random 'color'?

edited only to change 'Wake' to [MENTION=44124]Wake[/MENTION]'

The game flavor has no bearing at all on your gameplay roles. The town Doctor could be, in this story, the Town Farmer, etc. It does sound slightly confusing at first, but it's meant to add another layer to the game. Only a major numbnut would give the Doctor role the themed profession of "Doctor" as well, etc. :D

I had six votes for me yesterday. I can't imagine that at least one isn't scum. I think at least two. Why? Because I know I'm not scum. And think they will want to kill any non scum at this point. Doesn't matter who, but considering how I did before I doubt they will be too upset to seem dead. At least two are voting for me. Or I'd already be dead.
No. You've had only 5 votes for the last 4 vote counts.

You lied the entire last game and won, that was your role. In this game you pay the same way and accuse anyone who sees it as being scum. If I'm wrong, you own most of the responsibility for it.

For example. You now want the Cop to investigate you if you manage to get the votes for Rosie..or a no lynch.....which town would not benefit from. From the front page: The Mafia Godfather, when investigated by the Town Cop, will always give a result of "Innocent." You send your minions to do your dirty work.
So, if you are guilty you're undetectable by the Cop.

So I'm not just scum, I'm the godfather. I need to buy a lotto ticket with the luck you guys give me.

I dunno. Only 3 do.

But you want the cop to spend a night investigating you if you escape lynching this round.

No. You've had only 5 votes for the last 4 vote counts.

You lied the entire last game and won, that was your role. In this game you pay the same way and accuse anyone who sees it as being scum. If I'm wrong, you own most of the responsibility for it.

For example. You now want the Cop to investigate you if you manage to get the votes for Rosie..or a no lynch.....which town would not benefit from. From the front page: The Mafia Godfather, when investigated by the Town Cop, will always give a result of "Innocent." You send your minions to do your dirty work.
So, if you are guilty you're undetectable by the Cop.

So I'm not just scum, I'm the godfather. I need to buy a lotto ticket with the luck you guys give me.

I dunno. Only 3 do.

But you want the cop to spend a night investigating you if you escape lynching this round.

Because I'm innocent. If that's what will make it clear to you short of you killing me, than do it. I'd much rather see you investigated though.

Good to know.

The game has stalled. I know where most stand but some are not contributing anything helpful. I'm not talking about being busy over the Holiday weekend, I'm talking about saying almost nothing and not voting or asking a question or contributing something to help the game and help us move it along.

I'm thinking of voting for one of them so I don't play this game for the next year or so. :D

The game has stalled. I know where most stand but some are not contributing anything helpful. I'm not talking about being busy over the Holiday weekend, I'm talking about saying almost nothing and not voting or asking a question or contributing something to help the game and help us move it along.

I'm thinking of voting for one of them so I don't play this game for the next year or so. :D

Round 1 ends in less than two days and we arent closer to a lynch vote.

I do not want the scum to bring us to a draw. If we have to, vote for me. But I'd much rather we found someone that isn't me to lynch.

I do not want the scum to bring us to a draw. If we have to, vote for me. But I'd much rather we found someone that isn't me to lynch.

I'm pretty close to my vote and it won't be you...

...still, you may be scum.

:)

If you have a choice that isn't me, I will seriously consider voting with you, even if it's not Rosie or my other main suspects. We need to get a compromise within the next two days or we get no info. I probably wont change any votes till tomorrow sometime. But we do need a compromise vote before the deadline.

If you have a choice that isn't me, I will seriously consider voting with you, even if it's not Rosie or my other main suspects. We need to get a compromise within the next two days or we get no info. I probably wont change any votes till tomorrow sometime. But we do need a compromise vote before the deadline.

That's why I'm not voting until it's close to time. I don't want to commit my mind to a gang mentality because people are working together.

I'll go for the one that gives me the scummiest feeling from reading both threads a day before voting.

Then again on the vote day. That should give me the best chance of finding out what I think and giving it out. I hope to be able to connect that vote to at least one other person who is showing non townie characteristics and one who is showing non scum characteristics. At this point in time, all I have is that hope and some thoughts.

So, I like to look at who isn't scum like to find out who might be townies and who isn't townie like to find out who the scum might be.

But I don't want to blurt out what I think now because it's jumbled and I won't help us by putting out jumbled ideas and I may hurt us since we're already close to a vote count via soft choice.

Well, I'm up for giving some thoughts. I will consider, for the first round only, voting for one of these folks, in no particular order-Strollingbones-that we comment is bugging me, Rosie-I've already said why, Luissa-no offense but she's said nothing really, mebelle-same as Luissa, manifold-he hasn't put his neck on the line at all and is just trying to blend in.

So any of those is fine by me.

OK-make of that what you will folks.

And if you want to vote me off, if it gets the game moving and helps things, go for it.

This stalling is not helping a darn thing.

I'm saying not one more thing until I vote and until someone else puts themself out there who hasn't.

Make of that what you will.

We're poised to gain some decent info from this first vote, one way or another. There's been a lot more said, and a lot more positions invested in, than there was in the first round of the last game. It will still be guess, but the outcome will have a lot more meaning.

It's funny, I'm somewhat reluctant to get into particulars at this point, because there's a sort of 'Heisenberg Principle' at work here. The mere acting of discussing what it would mean for different players to vote different ways would likely influence their votes. I'm pretty much ready to vote - though by no means sure my vote will be right.

Since the first vote is primarily a guess, the key, in my view, is to vote for the player whose lynching will give us the most info - not necessarily one who you or I, as an individuals, think is guilty. That will be one of the players that more people have commented on, where battle lines have been drawn and loyalties explored. Sucks to be popular, I guess. ;)

We're poised to gain some decent info from this first vote, one way or another. There's been a lot more said, and a lot more positions invested in, than there was in the first round of the last game. It will still be guess, but the outcome will have a lot more meaning.

It's funny, I'm somewhat reluctant to get into particulars at this point, because there's a sort of 'Heisenberg Principle' at work here. The mere acting of discussing what it would mean for different players to vote different ways would likely influence their votes. I'm pretty much ready to vote - though by no means sure my vote will be right.

Since the first vote is primarily a guess, the key, in my view, is to vote for the player whose lynching will give us the most info - not necessarily one who you or I, as an individuals, think is guilty. That will be one of the players that more people have commented on, where battle lines have been drawn and loyalties explored. Sucks to be popular, I guess. ;)

or unpopular in my case.

Well, I'm up for giving some thoughts. I will consider, for the first round only, voting for one of these folks, in no particular order-Strollingbones-that we comment is bugging me, Rosie-I've already said why, Luissa-no offense but she's said nothing really, mebelle-same as Luissa, manifold-he hasn't put his neck on the line at all and is just trying to blend in.

And if you want to vote me off, if it gets the game moving and helps things, go for it.

I'm saying not one more thing until I vote and until someone else puts themself out there who hasn't.

I'll add another reason why the game is stalling.

There are a lot of new players this time around some who ask the same repetitive questions over and over again. There are also more players and only two teams.

I had already cast a vote and stated why.

When I saw how much time and energy was being spent on bogging down the game, ughhh, who wants to spend what little time they have wading through hundreds of posts?

I'll add another reason why the game is stalling.

There are a lot of new players this time around some who ask the same repetitive questions over and over again. There are also more players and only two teams.

I had already cast a vote and stated why.

When I saw how much time and energy was being spent on bogging down the game, ughhh, who wants to spend what little time they have wading through hundreds of posts?

Then there are others like Luissa who ask how to vote, do so, and then get oddly silent. Odd behavior there.

And no it's not just because she voted for me. It's freaking odd behavior.

Forum List

Back