Official USMB Mafia Game #2: Enter the Godfather

So now you think 5 of us are scum, when there are only 3 scum in the game. And each of your suspects becomes a suspect after they call you suspicious.

Good to know.

Oh, just so you know, I don't think you're the godfather. I think Bones is. Gut feeling.

I'm guessing who is scum. There are actions that make me more suspicious of someone. Changing votes on bad logic is one of the reasons. I suspect more than five people. I just find my odds better with some like Rosie more than others. Considering you have a list too you shouldn't act shocked

I'm not shocked. I'm bored.

Me too.

It's the first day, clearly scum is winning this so far. I think Mertex was 100% on target by pointing out we would have moved on by now otherwise.

But some townies are too timid to make decision that could be a mistake.

Unvote

This thread has devolved into a bitch fest the likes of which is typically reserved for abortion or gay marriage debates. It seems to me that acrimony and information overload both benefit mafia a lot more than town. I have a parade and a bbq to go to today, but tonight or tomorrow I'm going to re-read that last couple of days and see if I can identify who is sowing the seeds of chaos and discord, and that's who I'm going to vote for.

OK, that didn't work out well for me at all. It seems like everyone who was active over the weekend got caught up in the fray and that both patience and attention spans are wearing thin. As I watch day one play out I'm less convinced that letting it stretch to the deadline is really the best play for the town. How much different is a rush to lynch last Wednesday from a frenzied last minute rush to lynch tomorrow, which is where we seem headed?

Regardless, I'm going to revisit my previously posted reads list and see where I stand now.

Unvote

This thread has devolved into a bitch fest the likes of which is typically reserved for abortion or gay marriage debates. It seems to me that acrimony and information overload both benefit mafia a lot more than town. I have a parade and a bbq to go to today, but tonight or tomorrow I'm going to re-read that last couple of days and see if I can identify who is sowing the seeds of chaos and discord, and that's who I'm going to vote for.

wearing thin. As I watch day one play out I'm less convinced that letting it stretch to the deadline is really the best play for the town. How much different is a rush to lynch last Wednesday from a frenzied last minute rush to lynch tomorrow, which is where we seem headed?

Regardless, I'm going to revisit my previously posted reads list and see where I stand now.

I agree. And I say that aware that I would have been the rush kill

Unvote

OK, that didn't work out well for me at all. It seems like everyone who was active over the weekend got caught up in the fray and that both patience and attention spans are wearing thin. As I watch day one play out I'm less convinced that letting it stretch to the deadline is really the best play for the town. How much different is a rush to lynch last Wednesday from a frenzied last minute rush to lynch tomorrow, which is where we seem headed?

The reason it is not being rushed....the Mafia Scum don't know what to do..."should they out themselves by voting for someone else - or should they let their Godfather die"...:lol::lol:

My reads list so far...

Avatar4321 - (FOS) based on the red flags I posted earlier. The reply didn't convince me either way.

Wolfsister77 - Mostly a townie vibe, but at the same time I'd suspect mafia to avoid confrontation on day 1 as much as possible.

AyeCantSeeYou - (FOS) Still thinks I'm gunning for Ropey despite multiple posts to the contrary. That suggests s/he isn't really paying close attention. Like I said before, if you have less to figure out, you're more inclined to pay less attention.

strollingbones - Townie vibe. I know bones posting style well and have not picked up on anything out of the ordinary.

Mertex - Heated bickering with Avatar gives me pause, but otherwise picking up a Townie vibe since his/her posting is very similar to game one.

R.D. - Ditto.

Ropey - Whatever the analogy to a poker face is in this game, he's got it. But like I said earlier, I'm leaning toward changing my vote to someone else, I just haven't decided who yet.

dblack - Townie vibe since posting is very similar to game one.

Shaitra - Townie vibe since posting is completely different to game one.

Grandma - Another player with a good poker face (i.e. can't get a read)

RosieS - Good poker face

MeBelle60 - Townie vibe. No offense intended, but I just don't think she's smart enough not to give herself away if she was mafia.

Luissa - Nothing yet to go on.

PS: In this game FOS stands for Finger of Suspicion, not Full of Shit. :D

Revisiting my reads list…

Avatar – FOS remains. Not only is he attempting to “prove” his townie credentials using fundamentally flawed arguments, but he’s really trying to sell it hard. If it comes down to it, I’d be willing to cast a vote his way if need be to lynch somebody.

Wolfsister – What was a fairly solid townie vibe is now a little less so. Repeatedly claiming that others aren’t posting anything “helpful” smells a little bit like a red herring to me. Especially after rereading her contributions reveal a tendency to post a lot of words without really saying anything. Still though, forced to guess I’d still lean more toward townie and unless convinced otherwise, I won’t be casting a vote for WS.

Ayecantseeyou – FOS remains. Has gone completely silent since the 24th. I understand that’s probably due to the holiday weekend, but with no new information I have no reason to change my read. Aye doesn’t appear to be a likely lynching target, but I’d be willing to vote for Aye if things seem to move in that direction.

Strollingbones – No change. Townie vibe. No plans to vote for bones.

Mertex – changed from Townie vibe to FOS. Harping all over the themed roles element of the game as if it has some bearing on who is town vs mafia, when it doesn’t, seems like an obvious attempt to inject confusion. I’d be willing to cast a vote for Mertex if it comes to that.

R.D. – No change. Townie vibe. No plans to vote for R.D.

Ropey – Eyelash of suspicion. Repeatedly stating that he has opinions about who is who that he is not willing to share smells pretty fishy to me. But then again that’s Ropey to a T. At present, I lean townie and don’t plan to vote for Ropey.

dblack – No change. Townie vibe. No plans to vote for dblack

Shaitra – Ditto

Grandma – Townie vibe. Posts seem sincerely more intent on discovery than obfuscation. No plans to vote for Grandma

RosieS – I’m still not picking up a vibe one way or the other just yet, but the sudden groundswell of suspicion cast on her by others has me leaning town. That kind of quick pile on out of nowhere strikes too much of a similar chord to what happened to R.D. in the previous game. Unless convinced otherwise, I won’t be casting a vote for Rosie.

MeBelle & Luissa – Dead weight that I’d be willing to vote for just to avoid potentially lynching a townie with something to offer in the way of sleuthing horsepower. No offense.

Unvote

wearing thin. As I watch day one play out I'm less convinced that letting it stretch to the deadline is really the best play for the town. How much different is a rush to lynch last Wednesday from a frenzied last minute rush to lynch tomorrow, which is where we seem headed?

Nahh...I think we'll see a very different day 2 as a result of the extra days (and extra posts).

A friend of mine is a compliance officer for a national securities firm. His job is to go around to agencies and make sure the brokers are following all the company guidelines and government regulations. A surprising number of them are running scams, or off the books sales that violate the rules. He's told me, that one of his most potent tools in getting to the truth of what's going on is time. He never rushes his interviews with suspect agents, preferring to let them sweat it out as long as possible. He says that often, he'll just sit there daydreaming, doodling in his notebook, letting them talk. The more they say, the more he just sits there. More often than not, the guilty will say something stupid - simply out of nervousness from the waiting and silence - that will give them away.

Tomorrow we'll get the chance to go back over what everyone has said here and compare it to the results of the vote. I suspect we'll find plenty to consider.

Nahh...I think we'll see a very different day 2 as a result of the extra days (and extra posts).

A friend of mine is a compliance officer for a national securities firm. His job is to go around to agencies and make sure the brokers are following all the company guidelines and government regulations. A surprising number of them are running scams, or off the books sales that violate the rules. He's told me, that one of his most potent tools in getting to the truth of what's going on is time. He never rushes his interviews with suspect agents, preferring to let them sweat it out as long as possible. He says that often, he'll just sit there daydreaming, doodling in his notebook, letting them talk. The more they say, the more he just sits there. More often than not, the guilty will say something stupid - simply out of nervousness from the waiting and silence - that will give them away.

Tomorrow we'll get the chance to go back over what everyone has said here and compare it to the results of the vote. I suspect we'll find plenty to consider.

That is interesting.

And mani, you might have missed it but I mentioned earlier a number of my arguments are for a worst case scenario. If I get killed, you will know I am innocent and I wanted to leave my thoughts and reasoning around for you guys to consider in the future rounds.

Ayecantseeyou – FOS remains. Has gone completely silent since the 24th. I understand that’s probably due to the holiday weekend, but with no new information I have no reason to change my read. Aye doesn’t appear to be a likely lynching target, but I’d be willing to vote for Aye if things seem to move in that direction.

Nothing much to say when it's the same ol' song and dance routine. If I say something, I'm damned; if I don't say anything, damned again. :lol:

Nothing much to say when it's the same ol' song and dance routine. If I say something, I'm damned; if I don't say anything, damned again. :lol:

Pretty much where I am. Which is why i haven't stopped talking despite it not helping too much.

Pretty much where I am. Which is why i haven't stopped talking despite it not helping too much.

But didn't you hear? We're in cahoots together according to some. :eusa_shhh: Don't dare try and tell them anything different, or the sky might start falling. (That'd be our fault too.)

chicken-little-sky-falling.jpg

But didn't you hear? We're in cahoots together according to some. :eusa_shhh: Don't dare try and tell them anything different, or the sky might start falling. (That'd be our fault too.)

chicken-little-sky-falling.jpg

Please. They aren't saying we are in cahoots. They are saying I am your overlord and you worship the ground I walk on. (okay i may have embellished slightly;))

Yep! Then you can give me, Bones, and Wolf cabinet positions. Just think of the fun we'd all have.

I've gotta be honest, if I'm wrong all this drama over one guy still makes me want to lynch him

The odds are not in our favor but ..

[ame=http://youtu.be/g2jAwiq6YsE]You can act like a man - YouTube[/ame]

I've gotta be honest, if I'm wrong all this drama over one guy still makes me want to lynch him

You can act like a man - YouTube

He did such a good job the last time, and now the noobs are swallowing his bs....won't they be surprised.

He may not get lynched, but by not voting for him some may end up giving Mafia a victory.....he still wins...:eusa_whistle:

He did such a good job the last time, and now the noobs are swallowing his bs....won't they be surprised.

He may not get lynched, but by not voting for him some may end up giving Mafia a victory.....he still wins...:eusa_whistle:

Except I don't win if the mafia wins.

Except I don't win if the mafia wins.
There is no "I" in team

Forum List

Back