Official Usmb Mafia Game #5: A Game Of Fire And Ice (day 6)

Wake-That is more important that game. We can wait and that would be great to get SR in here. Unless she is scum, then screw her. :biggrin:

Thanks for the tip.

I thought getting our abilities out there would be pro-town, as it was explained to me that only scum are secretive.
No. Getting peoples powers out in the open is very helpful for scum. They have to chose a target each night and if they blindly pick targets town has a good chance of getting a few nights out of traditional power roles such as doctor or cop while scum nab VT's that likely have no powers at all.

"Outing' those powers before the townie decides it is the proper time simply helps scum select their targets. Even if you out a poor power that is a bad target it helps scum because they can cross that name off their list as a potential target.

My power, for instance, was likely the absolute best power of that type this game and because of that I had to use it far earlier than I should have. It would have been better on day 2 when there was more powers to choose from and I had a chance to work with others as to the power copied. It looks like I got lucky though in that many people ended up using their powers and a very useful one for town was opened up.

Investigates (cop, trackers) are the only ones that really would matter to scum to eliminate ASAP. Feels to me like TN is trying to force scum into selecting among us who are not in his clique which I don't find particularly townish without him knowing what the powers might be in that pool at this point beyond just abilities that have been used/disclosed. To me herding certain players together for possible two kills on them a night seems to favor scum by making it a little less random while burning up extra abilities that we could have used down the road to protect investigators. Whether or not TN is scum, which I think he is, he has made the kill pool significantly smaller on Night 1 and increased the odds an investigator might be among them.

For the love of all things holy, if you have an investigative ability-DO NOT say shit about it!! Just don't!! Here or in your hood. Just zip it!!

Vote: TN5421

I just don't see town throwing away so many abilities by using his on Mertex and trying to get someone else to also. This uses up a lot of abilities and hurts town considering she could be scum or not pick someone targeted which would really be a huge waste. TN should know better considering he's got quite a bit of Mafia experience.

429989.jpg

Vote Count 1.9

Grandma (3): tn5421, Mertex, AyeCantSeeYou
tn5421 (3): Moonglow, Sameech, Wolfsister77
Mertex (1): Sgt_Gath
BobPlumb (1): BobPlumb
Shaitra (1): RosieS
RosieS (1): Avatar4321

Not Voting (6): MeBelle60, Shaitra, FA_Q2, House, Grandma, CafeAuLait

With 16 alive, it takes 9 to lynch!
Deadline is 8/26/14, @1pm central.
Please come in and play! @MeBelle60 @Moonglow

[CafeAuLait] - Neighborize!
Select five other players. You and them will now be Neighbors, and have your very own Neighborhood. This effect lasts until the end of the game. This ability cannot be activated if less than six players are alive.

[Mertex] - Nimble Fingers
Select one player and steal his or her "
Green_Orb.png
" ability. You may not target a player who has already used an "
Green_Orb.png
" ability. You may only activate this ability during Day 1 or 2.

[Grandma] - Invulnerability
Shield yourself from all kill attempts the following Night. This ability may only be used during Day 1.

[House] - Revelation!
Target two players. The Mod publicly reveals their "" abilities for all to see.

[Shaitra] - Human Shield
Gain "1-Shot Meat Shield" status. You may guard one player during the Night, and if he or she would die, you will die instead.

[tn5421] - Elementalism
Select one player, and select either "Ice" or "Fire." That player will be protected from being killed by a Mafia team of that element the following Night. May only be activated during Day 1 or Day 2.

[Sgt_Gath] - Jailer's Keys
Select and give one player "1-Shot Jailkeeper" status. This means your target can jail one person once during the Night. A person that is jailed cannot be killed during that Night, but he or she also isn't able to use any abilities.

[RosieS] - Double Trouble
Target and give one player another chance to use his or her "" ability again. Cannot be used on players who haven't used an "" ability. May only be activated during Day 1 or 2.

[FA_Q2] - Recycle
Take one "" ability that has already been activated, and activate it as your own. You may only use this effect during Days 1 or 2.

1.1 | 1.2 | 1.3 | 1.4 | 1.5 | 1.6 | 1.7 | 1.8 | 1.9

Last edited:
You know, I finally understand why there are two week deadlines in some Mafia games. The deadline is coming up Tues. already and it's already Sun. I always think it takes too long but in this game, it isn't long enough IMO.

Thinking out loud here for a minute. There are a couple of things that are bugging me. Mertex keeps claiming she is inexperienced at the game, yet she has played in all the mafia games here. She has as much experience in the game as most of us. So it seems a bit disingenuous to keep saying she's inexperienced. She has also demonstrated she is very capable of defending herself. So after she starts implying she's a PR, why does TN come running in to protect her and all but waving a red flag saying, "here she is! She's claiming PR!" to the scum?

Definitely lots to think about before the deadline. I have to go cut the grass and I know I will be pondering all of this.

Regarding the Grandma situation. I really can't use it because I can't see the QT. Game 3 is a good example of how this stuff can be used in manipulative ways and only 4 people truly know what happened. I have no reason to believe Aye or Rosie are lying but it is just evidence I don't feel comfortable using at this point so I can't vote Grandma for being a liar. It could also be a misunderstanding-again QT stuff she said/she said.

Client's wife accidentally poked hole in his feeding tube with pliers, which is connected inside client's body. Needs surgery to have it replaced immediately. Calling 911 per VA's order; going with client's family to hospital. Will take care of BP and VC and stuff as work allows. Scarlet has voiced interest in replacing in. Am grateful for your patience.

What does BP mean in the context of the game?.....

...and *grumble grumble* Wake always putting real world life or death drama ahead of our fantasy world life and death drama calls for suspension of his Dork Club Card *grumble grumble* :meow:

Client's wife accidentally poked hole in his feeding tube with pliers, which is connected inside client's body. Needs surgery to have it replaced immediately. Calling 911 per VA's order; going with client's family to hospital. Will take care of BP and VC and stuff as work allows. Scarlet has voiced interest in replacing in. Am grateful for your patience.

What does BP mean in the context of the game?.....

...and *grumble grumble* Wake always putting real world life or death drama ahead of our fantasy world life and death drama calls for suspension of his Dork Club Card *grumble grumble* :meow:

I think BobPlumb.

Forum List

Back