Official USMB Mafia Game #6: The Rebels In The Palace

also titus: how does it feel to be a scum buddy with me again?

Um........ :ack-1:

Cafe, ika is the biggest troll ever. He SHOULD have been the one teaching you about gambiting not me. He'll gambit all day long and twice in a day if he can.

So he is town saying he is a guard? Why would he do that?

Your waffling on him was suspect to me. Only reason I can see for a gambit like that would be to protect a king or because he is tired of the game, so he would out himself.

Tell me how this gambit would help town? ( PS you should ask the mods to change your name to Titus, I like it better.
How do I ask the mods to change my name?

PM one of them, as Avatar, I have seen other members do it, then it is announced Scarlet rage is now Titus..

also titus: how does it feel to be a scum buddy with me again?

Um........ :ack-1:

Cafe, ika is the biggest troll ever. He SHOULD have been the one teaching you about gambiting not me. He'll gambit all day long and twice in a day if he can.

So he is town saying he is a guard? Why would he do that?

Your waffling on him was suspect to me. Only reason I can see for a gambit like that would be to protect a king or because he is tired of the game, so he would out himself.

Tell me how this gambit would help town? ( PS you should ask the mods to change your name to Titus, I like it better.

I don't get how half of ika's gambits work but this one I do get. Unfortunately, if I explain it, it effectively ruins his gambit. He's already told me what he is doing and I'll explain the Slayer's gambit when he's ready or you can read the wiki.

Yes, I saw where he said he was playing "luckylee slayer gambit". However, that was in response to your questioning him on his stating he was not playing the game or posting and using his 60 percent win ratio game play.

That question to me is part of the same gambit. Read the wiki. Slayer's gambit. That or vote and tunnel him. Force him to claim it. The latter is preferable in some ways.

oh that part about lycklee?

thats still in game hes another player form another site who i play with.

-snip-

Shaitra, if I were Scum I wouldn't have wasted a whole afternoon pouring over House and Wolf's post to try and prove that House was Scum. It just wouldn't make sense. Scum doesn't scum hunt other scum. True that House turned out to be Town, but obviously he didn't come across as Town to enough of us to vote for a lynch on him.

no in a setup like this scums have every incentive to hunt each other. heck scums hunting other scums is somethign i would call distancing.

scum have trouble scum hunting each other due to the fact they know they are scum. if they want to do it they would bus hardcore

Hunt maybe, but try to present their scum find to be voted off, seems unlikely to me.

-snip-

Shaitra, if I were Scum I wouldn't have wasted a whole afternoon pouring over House and Wolf's post to try and prove that House was Scum. It just wouldn't make sense. Scum doesn't scum hunt other scum. True that House turned out to be Town, but obviously he didn't come across as Town to enough of us to vote for a lynch on him.

no in a setup like this scums have every incentive to hunt each other. heck scums hunting other scums is somethign i would call distancing.

scum have trouble scum hunting each other due to the fact they know they are scum. if they want to do it they would bus hardcore

Hunt maybe, but try to present their scum find to be voted off, seems unlikely to me.
Rephrase please? I do not understand.

here it doesnt apply due to the fact gurads only knows king. so its rather easy to fake scum hunting

Taking down the post numbers after analyzing the comment to decide whether it sounds scummy or not, then taking the time to arrange them into a post doesn't seem easy to me, in fact it wasn't easy at all. If I was Scum I would just stay away and then post comments that don't have anything to do with anything that is helpful in finding scum. There seem to be quite a few of those comments.

here it doesnt apply due to the fact gurads only knows king. so its rather easy to fake scum hunting

Taking down the post numbers after analyzing the comment to decide whether it sounds scummy or not, then taking the time to arrange them into a post doesn't seem easy to me, in fact it wasn't easy at all. If I was Scum I would just stay away and then post comments that don't have anything to do with anything that is helpful in finding scum. There seem to be quite a few of those comments.

The point there is that is normally a towntell but scum must scumhunt as well but for the ruler. Scum guards must find out who not to lynch.

I think I'm going to vote someone new.

VOTE: grandma

Because? Not that I disagree.

Why Grandma? I have no read on her except she was TSO! who was not playing. The thing that could suck is TSO was the King and could not or did not play, thereby throwing the whole game. I was looking for some pattern where player seemed to defend another player even if not stating such, thus my vote for FA as of now. I suppose its possible for a usurper role for Grandma, but I've got my eye on someone else for that slot for the time being.

I would think that the Usurper would vote for anyone since his objective is to kill the king, guards and town (at least all but one).....since Grandma has only voted once and TSO only voted once, it doesn't seem likely to me that she would be the Usurper. I'm also thinking of someone else for that role but I don't have enough info yet.

Because? Not that I disagree.

Why Grandma? I have no read on her except she was TSO! who was not playing. The thing that could suck is TSO was the King and could not or did not play, thereby throwing the whole game. I was looking for some pattern where player seemed to defend another player even if not stating such, thus my vote for FA as of now. I suppose its possible for a usurper role for Grandma, but I've got my eye on someone else for that slot for the time being.

I would think that the Usurper would vote for anyone since his objective is to kill the king, guards and town (at least all but one).....since Grandma has only voted once and TSO only voted once, it doesn't seem likely to me that she would be the Usurper. I'm also thinking of someone else for that role but I don't have enough info yet.

I wouldn't think the Usurper would vote for anyone (well unless I'm wrong and ika is because that's his town strategy). That might as well be hanging a neon sign.

I haven't see Cafe or Grandma do much yet either.

Too many lurkers this game make it difficult.

This is my first time replacing in. I did read along, but I didn't take notes.
Unfortunately that doesn't matter because there was so much drama going on that several players stopped posting and the ones that did post were fighting each other instead of scumhunting.

So this Day 3 is basically Day 1. I don't know who's who.

I'm Town/Rebel, Josh.

Don't vote new, vote Scum.

-snip-

Rephrase please? I do not understand.

Ika said it was easy for Scum to hunt scum, calling it distancing, and my response to it is, yes, I can understand that scumA would act hostile to ScumB in order to make it look like they are not working together, however, I don't think ScumA would go so far as to present all kinds of scummy info on ScumB and then start a wagon on ScumB or encourage a wagon on ScumB. It would defeat their purpose if ScumA then got ScumB lynched.

VOTE: FA

House votes FA

Then, both Mertex and Arden vote House, Wolf then asks why FA is not voting SR, since that is his top scum read, then Avatar wonders why Wolf is defending House, implies she is scum.

Mathblade comes in calling House scum shortly after his vote for FA. Scarlet votes FA. Wolfsister states FA is being a hypocrite and Avatar defends FA (853)

FA may be King
Math (guard)
Mertex ??? possible guard
Avatar (guard) ( avatar is playing his scum question and answer game this time around, not his FOSing and normal town game with reasoning and wifom at times.

^ ^ ^
This.

I like the reasoning here, I was already looking at Avi and Mertex since their play is off.

Oh and I just saw Math's "reason" for scumreading ika. It's insanely stupid and weak. Wolf defended ika and therefore must be scum. Math's been around the block enough to know that scum can whiteknight.

Vote: Mathblade

Pretty clear Math's intent is to stop townblocks from forming because townblocks would be deadly to her wincon.
...I don't play for town blocks. I play to lynch scum. This is the second time you have used this exact argument and both times you were wrong about me. Please just stop the bullshit.

The point there is that is normally a towntell but scum must scumhunt as well but for the ruler. Scum guards must find out who not to lynch.

I agree, but I don't think Scum would go to unnecessary work/trouble to set up someone they think is Scum too. Maybe someone they think is Town, but to try and set up one on their own team doesn't make sense to me.

Scum Guards know who the ruler is, they are going to discourage any negative comments made on their ruler to preclude his being lynched. However, other than the ruler, guards only have to be concerned about other guards, they don't know who the other guards are and don't want to unnecessarily lynch another guard. That is why this game is so freaking hard. Damn Wake!

It's mostly my suspicions of tso and gut.

I strongly agree with you about FA and would have no problem voting for him. He and Avi are totally playing their scum game.

I would vote math too. Like I said, Grandma's mostly gut from her replace in posts.

R/L has me worn out, I'm too tired to be very mean right now. Plus the MS players don't seem to like USMB drama. (Maybe I should do a mini bastard game in the FZ to break them in properly! :biggrin: )

Evidently TSO was buried up to his eyeballs in schoolwork and didn't have time to post.

I'm not 100% sold on FA, but I can go along with an Avi vote. He's angry this Game.

unvote
vote: Avatar

Forum List

Back