On the GOP

[

Oh brother, 90% is racism...do you include those who voted for him and now disapprove of him? you are so full it...I don't like him as a person because for one he is a cold arrogant pos who has done nothing but stir up hate especially against Republicans who right off the bat, it was MY WAY I won and you can get in the back of bus....I also don't like his vision of wanting to TRANSFORM OUR country, why would he want to do that? Because he hates our country and us..as for his skin color I wouldn't like him if he as white, blue, or polka dotted
so you can take your 90% who hate him is RACISM and blow it out you blowhole

How is that any different than Bush saying shit like 'I'm the decider" and "If you aren't with us, you are with the terrorists".

As for him "transforming" the country, frankly, there's a lot about this country that needs to be fixed. And a lot of people agreed with him it needed to be done.

depends on what he wants transformed Joe.....so far all i have seen him help transform is peoples attitudes towards each other.....and it aint positive.....people are farther apart then when that other "transformer" Bush was done with us....

[

JoeB131
Eisenhower Republican!
Member #31057

Since you went there; introducing race here is, the very last thing I would expect of an Eisenhower Republican.....I think you need to find another example, shameful.

90% of the hate for Obama is racism.

about 10% is over his actual policies.

Sorry, that's just the way I see it. But Ike was a Republican when they threw the crazies out rather than pander to them.

This is where the GOP went wrong, I think.

I didn't vote for Obama in 2008 because I thought McCain was more experienced.

I voted for him in 2012 becuase the GOP completely lost its mind somewhere in between.

I've been to dinner parties where people griped that their Facebook accounts got cancelled after they called Obama the "N-word", like they didn't do anything wrong.

The GOP needs to seriously fix itself. The first thing it needs to do is prove it's capable of governing, and not just pandering to the audience of the Rush Limbaugh Show.

There is something you need to get through your head, the fact that you are a bigot and a racist does not make everyone else a racist.

[

The GOP needs to seriously fix itself. The first thing it needs to do is prove it's capable of governing, and not just pandering to the audience of the Rush Limbaugh Show.

you sound like Poet and Dean now Joe.....

Maybe.

Doesn't make it less true.

Frankly, this is the first time I've seen someone try to claim that a president wasn't born in this country and was therefore holding the office illegally.

for crying loud you liberals act like Obama was the only president to be accused of something..get over yourselves already..they question McCain because he was born on military base overseas..

Bush had his military service questioned by a Reporter who went on National T.V and presented false papers...you Obama cult members need a load of cheese

Last edited:
[

you sound like Poet and Dean now Joe.....

Maybe.

Doesn't make it less true.

Frankly, this is the first time I've seen someone try to claim that a president wasn't born in this country and was therefore holding the office illegally.

You think Hillary is a racist because she raised a ridiculous charge against a political opponent?

[

thats an easy thing to tell yourself and imho, the laziest to boot. I have no idea why you believe it........

You mean besides discussion with some of our resident haters like Staph, Matthew, Daveman, a few folks who got their accounts banned when they went over the lines?

No one ever questioned Reagan's legitimacy or where he was born or that any element of his biography was other than what he claimed it was. Bush was trashed, but that was because of valid things like stealing an election (Yes, 2000 was stolen!) and getting us into a war on false pretenses.

Obama, on the other hand, was apparently the result of a conspiracy to put a Kenyan in the White House. Yup, his parents lied about where he was born, knowing in 50 years, he could run for president.

What the GOP is doing is far beyond politics. There is a point where you stop the bullshit and actually do your job, which is to make sure that the legistlation gets passed and the government functions. You don't play chicken with the national debt and get the country's credit rating downgraded.

I hope you are joking.

Actually, these are friends of my brothers, not really friends of mine, but here's the thing. This is the White Middle class Chicago Suburb I grew up in. And, yeah, a lot of people think like that.

No, I really think using the most hateful epitath in the English language is a little worse than comparing a politician- any politician- to Hitler.

and that remark about governing, well they are not in power right now.....and rush limbaugh, whenever someone throws that out there I tune out, I cannot take that seriously.

They do control the house and some of the governships. Again, going back up to my above statement, there is a point where you sit down and get the job done.

I agree, Rush Limbaugh should never be taken seriously, but the GOP lives in mortal fear of him. And that's the problem.

you can keep me out of your hateful postings, I just tell it how I see it no sugar coating it..that is how I am...and I have never been banned, put on probation or anything else because I stepped over a line in the Nine years I have been on this board..
now you, if they could of reached through their computer they should of put tape on you typewriter keys or something a few times...:eusa_angel:
i dont remember Dave being banned either.....

You mean besides discussion with some of our resident haters like Staph, Matthew, Daveman, a few folks who got their accounts banned when they went over the lines?

No one ever questioned Reagan's legitimacy or where he was born or that any element of his biography was other than what he claimed it was. Bush was trashed, but that was because of valid things like stealing an election (Yes, 2000 was stolen!) and getting us into a war on false pretenses.

Obama, on the other hand, was apparently the result of a conspiracy to put a Kenyan in the White House. Yup, his parents lied about where he was born, knowing in 50 years, he could run for president.

What the GOP is doing is far beyond politics. There is a point where you stop the bullshit and actually do your job, which is to make sure that the legistlation gets passed and the government functions. You don't play chicken with the national debt and get the country's credit rating downgraded.

I hope you are joking.

Actually, these are friends of my brothers, not really friends of mine, but here's the thing. This is the White Middle class Chicago Suburb I grew up in. And, yeah, a lot of people think like that.

No, I really think using the most hateful epitath in the English language is a little worse than comparing a politician- any politician- to Hitler.

They do control the house and some of the governships. Again, going back up to my above statement, there is a point where you sit down and get the job done.

I agree, Rush Limbaugh should never be taken seriously, but the GOP lives in mortal fear of him. And that's the problem.

you can keep me out of your hateful postings, I just tell it how I see it no sugar coating it..that is how I am...and I have never been banned, put on probation or anything else because I stepped over a line in the Nine years I have been on this board..
now you, if they could of reached through their computer they should of put tape on you typewriter keys or something a few times...:eusa_angel:

I don't either, Joey is just being his whiny self tonight

I'll go one further. Last year I set up a poll to see how many people really sincerely believed in BIrther conspiracy theories.

About a quarter of respondants here on USMB did. Another quarter voted "I'm not sure", which was just a copout.

Now, what I like about USMB is that it isn't like a TownHall or a DailyKos where one side dominates and just validates its own crazy. You have real discussion here.

But one quarter of USMB posters really think Obama was born in Kenya, and there's been a half-century conspiracy to cover that up?

I bet the same people would vote the same way if you posted a wackadoodle question about Bush and Israel conspiring to blow up the World Trade Center.

I'll go one further. Last year I set up a poll to see how many people really sincerely believed in BIrther conspiracy theories.

About a quarter of respondants here on USMB did. Another quarter voted "I'm not sure", which was just a copout.

Now, what I like about USMB is that it isn't like a TownHall or a DailyKos where one side dominates and just validates its own crazy. You have real discussion here.

But one quarter of USMB posters really think Obama was born in Kenya, and there's been a half-century conspiracy to cover that up?

I bet the same people would vote the same way if you posted a wackadoodle question about Bush and Israel conspiring to blow up the World Trade Center.

Not sure who the "Same people" are. If you want to do that poll, feel free.

[

thats an easy thing to tell yourself and imho, the laziest to boot. I have no idea why you believe it........

Just becasue hes black doesn't give him some proof against criticism etc. and please, before you go there, Bush was excoriated/trashed like no other, not even Reagan and I have been reading, 'in the present of that time' and engaged in politics since 1974, the gop has a hard on for him because hes a democrat and the president, its really that simple.

I hope you are joking.

Oh and they close accounts for that? really? sounds like to me like facebook its self may have issues, those folks may be racist morons but they have a right to say what they say, do they close accounts for folks calling Bush Hitler? :eusa_think:

and that remark about governing, well they are not in power right now.....and rush limbaugh, whenever someone throws that out there I tune out, I cannot take that seriously.

They are racist?

And if that’s so, you fashion your opinions based on a dinner party of racists and a message board?

That is called an argument in mitigation.

It does not negate my point, its exactly the point.

That’s the same throw away not to tightly wrapped remark ala “Bush stole the election” its ridiculous…I am beginning to wonder if you know the difference and if I should even bother.

I hope you are joking.

Not at all.

Which means what? Middle class burbs are full of racists? And they are all rep’s?

That’s in your opinion, I happen to think ‘guinea’ is very hurtful, yet if someone called me a Hitler, I’d take that a lot more seriously as the man is with Mao and Stalin are in the ninth circle of hell, some yokel that uses ****** is an ignorant racist moron, Hitler is far worse than that especially with the profligate use of such and nary a peep form the media.

This is not consistent with the debate, obama is president not a governor etc. and the house is just one of the 3 power centers in DC.

But hey, they have passed 2 budgets…Reid? The senate? Nada, What happened in 2009? Or 20 or 11? Thye have ot got the “job done”……

[

That’s the same throw away not to tightly wrapped remark ala “Bush stole the election” its ridiculous…I am beginning to wonder if you know the difference and if I should even bother.

Guy, I voted for Bush in 2000. And 2004.

But he really did steal the election in 2000. Al Gore got more votes. While the whole electoral college thing is what is supposed to "really" count, the fact is, no one ever tried to pull what Bush did in 112 years. Even Nixon in 1960.

Then you get into the whole vote in Florida, where they went to court to make sure a full vote never happened.

There's a valid argument to be made Bush stole the election of 2000.

Or at the very least, he didn't validly win it.

not even close to the whackadoodle that is Birtherism.

[

Go back and read my original sentence, I never said that Staph or Dave had been banned. I said that they say crazy hateful shit about the president, and so did people who have been banned whose names I can't mention... because they've been banned.

you could interpret that to mean you were referring to them 3 Joe....just sayin....

I see. You're not admitting to being a member of the GOP, nor of the Democratic Party. So why would you find my comments on the current state of the RP amusing or worth an ad hominem? I'm may be off base, but I smell a self righteous curmudgeon whose allegiance is only to himself and enjoys 'hearing' himself 'talk'.

A thoughtful response would either defend the RP (though it is hard to imagine a thoughtful post defending the RP of today) or, in your case, and argument offering an alternative to the DP and the RP.
Actually, a thoughtful response is no response at all. Your premise is flawed and therefore requires no comment. If anything, it is nothing but a bait and switch to get people to defend what YOU consider the indefensible. Except that what you consider indefensible is itself, an extremist position.

Now you're being ridiculous. My "premise"? I pointed out facts and offered an opinion. You may disagree and LOL or ignore my post. But don't lie and pretend, for example, what the GOP is doing on the issue of abortion isn't an attack on women; what the H. of Rep. is doing on the Immigration issue is not an attack on Latinos.
Again, your position is flawed and extreme. There is no attack on women, but an honest and moral effort to save the lives of the most innocent people in our society.

This is why I say your premise is flawed. Your concern for the GOP lack any credibility, and you are required to resort to twisting facts and skewed opinions to make your claim.

Again, you make up a motive on immigration based upon your own desires, and equate any who oppose you as nefarious, willing to harm others, for no other reason than they can. To place motives onto people when you clearly do not live inside their head paints you as a laughing stock, incapable of civil discourse. It is why I offer you none.

You have offered no facts, only talking points.

Now, if you wish to talk about issues, then address issues and not parties.

[

But he really did steal the election in 2000. Al Gore got more votes. While the whole electoral college thing is what is supposed to "really" count, the fact is, no one ever tried to pull what Bush did in 112 years. Even Nixon in 1960.

Then you get into the whole vote in Florida, where they went to court to make sure a full vote never happened.

No one in all the history of the United States attempted to do what Al Gore did. Continuous recounts until you achieve the results you want.

That is why Bush did NOT steal the election, he, and the SCOTUS simply would not allow Gore to recast the necessary votes to get HIM elected.

The entire Bush stole the election meme is so friggin old.

[

No one in all the history of the United States attempted to do what Al Gore did. Continuous recounts until you achieve the results you want.

That is why Bush did NOT steal the election, he, and the SCOTUS simply would not allow Gore to recast the necessary votes to get HIM elected.

I too thought we were long over this meme...

Something about old dogs and dead horses I think.

Something about old dogs and dead horses I think.
And they stink equally horrible. Hello old friend.

Forum List

Back