Palestine Today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mai Abu Rwaida, a Palestinian young women in her twenties, lost her right eye yesterday by an Israeli bullet.

79423792_2804922429734474_4134807617639809024_n.jpg

Nedaa Al-Abadlah
Gaza

9648a-rsz_nadoosh.jpg

Nedaa, 25, was born in Khan Younis, is married and has a daughter named Eileen who was born in 2015. She works as a blogger and freelance translator, after graduating wth an English literature degree from Al-Azhar University. Nedaa also has worked as an English teacher, human rights trainer, news editor, public relations officer and project coordinator.

Nedaa believes in what Ghassan Kanafani once said: "You have something in this world, so stand up." Therefore, she seeks to improve herself. She wants to publish, and her first book will be a novel based on a short story she submitted to the Sea of Words 2016 competition. Nedaa’s second book is already planned: a collection of essays she wrote during the last three years.

Nedaa Al-Abadlah

Last edited:
Israeli forces arrest Omar Abu Ayyash in front of his house in Beit Ummar, north of Hebron, Palestine.

45707284_2485868058306581_3680166981257920512_n.jpg

Yes this child was detained. Likely for throwing stones.

The photo here is one of him when he was younger. NOT the age he was when he was arrested.

Mai Abu Rwaida, a Palestinian young women in her twenties, lost her right eye yesterday by an Israeli bullet.

This is what Tinmore DIDN'T tell you

Israel intercepts rockets launched from Gaza Strip

:boo_hoo14:
She launched a rocket?

Another stupid post. It was PALESTINIAN AGGRESSION that initiated the response
I didn’t even know it was a rubber bullet until
I read one of the above posts. You are incapable of telling the truth

Last edited:

This is what Tinmore DIDN'T tell you

Israel intercepts rockets launched from Gaza Strip

:boo_hoo14:
She launched a rocket?

Another stupid post. It was PALESTINIAN AGGRESSION that initiated the response
I didn’t even know it was a rubber bullet until
I read one of the above posts. You are incapable of telling the truth

Well, I surmised right away that she probably put herself in harm's way by trying to break down the fence, so that she could rush into Israel and kill Jews. I didn't think that the Israelis went into her home for no reason at all, and proceed to shoot her in the eyes. But that's the implication the picture is trying to convey.

Almost all of the youths I know long to leave Gaza. But Palestinian-American Laila Al-Haddad returned to Gaza after a three-year absence because she longed to strengthen the connection between her and her homeland. Seeing her joy at returning made me consider living in Gaza a privilege.

I met the author of Gaza Mom and co-author of Gaza Kitchen when she returned to Gaza to consult for the UN refugee agency for Palestinians and assist with the Breakfast Club, a new project initiated by American NGO Rebuilding Alliance. The goal of the Breakfast Club is to provide elementary-school students in a poor community in Rafah with healthy morning meals. But Laila’s other goal is to keep her Palestinian ID current so her own children retain that identity as well.

Although her mother was born in Gaza, Laila was born in Kuwait and raised primarily in Saudi Arabia. However, her mother was diligent in bringing Laila and her siblings back to the strip during the summers to keep them connected with their homeland. Laila attended university, them married, in the United States. But her mother’s wish was never forgotten, and Laila moved back to Gaza to work as a journalist when their son was young. It was during that period when Laila began the blog that would become the source for her first book, Gaza Mom.

1573430675.jpg

Laila visits with members of the Women's Program Center in Rafah

- See more at: When is someone 'Palestinian enough'?

Malak Hijazi.

75348963_2415387368721564_6483648618195582976_n.jpg

"I have always loved autumn, but not anymore. I don't love you, bloody November. And I don't need a crystal ball to know this will keep happening again and again. There is so much pain, always here, whirring continuously beneath the membrane of our life. It's not true that we got used to it. I haven't. Nothing has changed. But living in a place where dreams will never be achievable doesn't mean I don't dream. I'm deprived of my fundamental rights, like all Gazans, and everything seems unattainable, but I still have the desire to live in a better Gaza." - From our Gaza writer,

Malak Hijazi.

75348963_2415387368721564_6483648618195582976_n.jpg

"I have always loved autumn, but not anymore. I don't love you, bloody November. And I don't need a crystal ball to know this will keep happening again and again. There is so much pain, always here, whirring continuously beneath the membrane of our life. It's not true that we got used to it. I haven't. Nothing has changed. But living in a place where dreams will never be achievable doesn't mean I don't dream. I'm deprived of my fundamental rights, like all Gazans, and everything seems unattainable, but I still have the desire to live in a better Gaza." - From our Gaza writer,

Nobody stopped them from having their “ rights” since Aug 2005 except themselves
Keep posting. :2up::2up:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back