Paul Ryan is the VP pick

LOL....yeah that shit is always true, who gives a shit whether you care or not....your source also said the recession was "approved" by Reagan and Carter, you are an idiot.

Reagan stopped unemployment in it's tracks and got the economy roaring again, you can revise your shit ALL day long, but the facts are the facts no matter how loud you screan "Nuh-Uh".

Uh, reagan didn't stop unemployment, he CAUSED it.

Intentionally.

Ronald Reagan's Fight Against Inflation | Heartlander Magazine

He tightened up the money supply to control runaway inflation, which was needed at the time, give him kudos for that.

No he didn't. Where do you read this shit?

The President has nothing to do with the money supply. That was the Volcker and the Fed. The Fed is in charge of monetary policy, not the executive branch. Volcker was appointed by Carter in 1979 to the chair of the FOMC and was reappointed by Reagan in 1983 after inflation had fallen to 3%. Reagan did not re-appoint Volcker in 1987 and instead appointed Greenspan.

Point was, Volcker and Reagan were of like mind on the issue. It was really a big deal back in the day...

Intentionally.

He tightened up the money supply to control runaway inflation, which was needed at the time, give him kudos for that.

The President has nothing to do with the money supply. That was the Volcker and the Fed. The Fed is in charge of monetary policy, not the executive branch. Volcker was appointed by Carter in 1979 to the chair of the FOMC and was reappointed by Reagan in 1983 after inflation had fallen to 3%. Reagan did not re-appoint Volcker in 1987 and instead appointed Greenspan.

you've been here almost seven years and only accumulated a rep power of about 70?

clearly, you suck at this "political debate" thing.

btw, i don't care about rep.

Haven't you heard of the new anti-Canadian rules the mods implemented? It quietly swept in with the neg rep and CDZ things. What an outrage, eh?

Intentionally.

you've been here almost seven years and only accumulated a rep power of about 70?

That's odd.. I remember Toro having a much higher one, and for all the shit I give him, he's actually one of the better debators here.

If he didn't have it shut off and turned back on (which some people do), there must be a glitch...

Only a right wing nut would think eitehr of these guys should be on the ticket.

Since they won't carry Massachusetts or Wisconsin, this could be the first ticket to lose pretty epically...

Romney is a Moderate Republican asshat. You sound like a fool saying only a Right wing Nut would want him on the Ticket. He just Picked Ryan precisely because he isn't right wing enough for the right wing Nuts.

It's getting pretty old listen to you simple minded Left wing idiots, label everyone slightly to the right of you as "Right wing".

lol

Intentionally.

Point was, Volcker and Reagan were of like mind on the issue. It was really a big deal back in the day...

Then he fired him.

:thup:

Haven't you heard of the new anti-Canadian rules the mods implemented? It quietly swept in with the neg rep and CDZ things. What an outrage, eh?

i support everything the mods do, and when i break the rules, i will apologize to most of them.

therefore, of course i support discrimination against poutine-fed toothless hockey hooligans who worship a queen.

Then he fired him.

I thought it was a mutual thing, or that's how I remember it...

Point being, they were in agreement on keeping the money supply tight to control inflation, which they considered a higher priority at the time than unemployment.

WHich was understandable. Inflation was hitting everyone. Unemployment was only hitting that 5-10% who were.

Part D and Immigration, next.

thanks for the clear answer.

i guess you did not vote for bush in 2004 then.

I did, lesser of two evils.
I abandoned that in 2008....I detest McCain.
I will vote for Romney, Obama is the worst thing that has ever happened to this Nation.

so, in 2004 you were still in the bush camp, despite bush acting like a lefty.

and you will now vote for the ticket that has been acting like a lefty for a long time. according to your criteria.

amazing.

thanks for the clear answer.

i guess you did not vote for bush in 2004 then.

I will vote for Romney, Obama is the worst thing that has ever happened to this Nation.

and you will now vote for the ticket that has been acting like a lefty for a long time. according to your criteria.

amazing.

You are free to eqivocate :)
Yup, tell me, was he as Left as Kerry???
No.

You aren't very good at this....

Romney is a business man, Obama is a moron......any questions?

Then he fired him.

I thought it was a mutual thing, or that's how I remember it...

Point being, they were in agreement on keeping the money supply tight to control inflation, which they considered a higher priority at the time than unemployment.

WHich was understandable. Inflation was hitting everyone. Unemployment was only hitting that 5-10% who were.

No, he was fired. He clashed with the Republican appointees on the FOMC and was not pro-deregulation enough for the administration.

amazing.

No.

you have been nailed.

the rest is mockery.

Indiana Jones theme music at the next stop?

Was hoping for the Imperial March actually :eusa_whistle:

What was the music at the end? Was it Bruce Springsteen?

Springsteen would never give his permission to R liars to use his music.

Also, this was typical Mittens in that it was just big talk but nothing of substance. But, rw's eat up his blather.
I wondered the same thing. Expect to hear from Springsteen.

amazing.

No.

you have been nailed.

the rest is mockery.

Yes of course, you are a legend in your own mind :)

The left was going to attack whoever Romney picked. Can't wait for the Spendapaloozla president to try and explain to the public how he'll find people jobs.

Perhaps. But Romney didn’t have to make it so easy for them.

Yes of course, make your pick so as not to be controversial to your political enemies....I am betting you actually believe that.

The left was going to attack whoever Romney picked. Can't wait for the Spendapaloozla president to try and explain to the public how he'll find people jobs.

Perhaps. But Romney didn’t have to make it so easy for them.

Yes of course, make your pick so as not to be controversial to your political enemies....I am betting you actually believe that.

Republicans have just doubled down on their ideology

Let's see how the voters take it

Forum List

Back