Planned Parenthood caught trafficking in human body parts

Terri Schiavo's upper brain was gone. It turned to liquid. There is no recovery from that. Essentially, who she was died years before they allowed her body to follow. Her brain weighed half what a normal brain should have weighed. She was NOT going to recover.
Winterborn you don't see where this is going? I said hypothetically, so would it be wrong to allow him to pull the plug if doctors said 98% chance that she will make full recovery in 3 months? Why did I pick the 3 month number?
Who knows where you think you're going with this since you're basing your destination on the fallacy that a 27 week embryo had a 98% chance of being born alive. :cuckoo:
That's obviously not what I'm basing it on. and if you can't answer the hypothetical nor think a few steps further than you should not be in this discussion, and the repercussion that go along with it.

Hypothetically...let's say there is a woman named Sheri Tiavo, been so called brain dead for a few years. Husband wants to pull life support, doctors say, Oh my god she is getting better, give her a few months and she'll make a full recovery. Is it then still ok for the husband to pull the plug.

Carried to term, what's that 27 week "embryo" (pretty much fully developed baby) chances of survival? Or a 16 week embryo, carried to term, what's the chances of it's survival?
Again, who knows what you're getting at? It appears even you don't know. Here you are saying I don't know what you're getting at when I point out the viability of a 27 week embryo is not 98%, as you intimate -- but then you come back and ask what the viability is of a 27 week emryo. :eusa_doh:

....... it's not 98%.
Faun I'm starting to think that you are avoiding the question, and splitting hairs that are not even there. What is the viability when carried to TERM.

And back to the hypothetical I raised with our character Sherri Tiavo, is it ok to pull the plug if doctors say there will be a full recovery in a few months, maybe four months?

Sakinago, throughout this thread you have wanted the topic to be abortion. I'm beginning to think you are avoiding the actual topic.

Terri Schiavo's upper brain was gone. It turned to liquid. There is no recovery from that. Essentially, who she was died years before they allowed her body to follow. Her brain weighed half what a normal brain should have weighed. She was NOT going to recover.
Winterborn you don't see where this is going? I said hypothetically, so would it be wrong to allow him to pull the plug if doctors said 98% chance that she will make full recovery in 3 months? Why did I pick the 3 month number?
Who knows where you think you're going with this since you're basing your destination on the fallacy that a 27 week embryo had a 98% chance of being born alive. :cuckoo:
That's obviously not what I'm basing it on. and if you can't answer the hypothetical nor think a few steps further than you should not be in this discussion, and the repercussion that go along with it.

Hypothetically...let's say there is a woman named Sheri Tiavo, been so called brain dead for a few years. Husband wants to pull life support, doctors say, Oh my god she is getting better, give her a few months and she'll make a full recovery. Is it then still ok for the husband to pull the plug.

Carried to term, what's that 27 week "embryo" (pretty much fully developed baby) chances of survival? Or a 16 week embryo, carried to term, what's the chances of it's survival?

And suppose that the gov't required that the doctor work that 3 months for free. How many conservatives would be in an uproar that the gov't was taking away the doctor's rights?

Again, who knows what you're getting at? It appears even you don't know. Here you are saying I don't know what you're getting at when I point out the viability of a 27 week embryo is not 98%, as you intimate -- but then you come back and ask what the viability is of a 27 week emryo. :eusa_doh:

....... it's not 98%.
Faun I'm starting to think that you are avoiding the question, and splitting hairs that are not even there. What is the viability when carried to TERM.

And back to the hypothetical I raised with our character Sherri Tiavo, is it ok to pull the plug if doctors say there will be a full recovery in a few months, maybe four months?

Sakinago, throughout this thread you have wanted the topic to be abortion. I'm beginning to think you are avoiding the actual topic.
I told you what I feel about it, that if that is how you feel about abortion then sure donate the parts. But when you don't feel that way, it's like saying well we robbed a bank, forget about that though, what do we do with the money now? And the other side is saying, wait you can't go robbing banks. If you don't recognize the other side then how can you have the debate?

So faun, and winter born too, is it ok for the husband to pull plug on Sherri Tiavo

....... it's not 98%.

I told you what I feel about it, that if that is how you feel about abortion then sure donate the parts. But when you don't feel that way, it's like saying well we robbed a bank, forget about that though, what do we do with the money now? And the other side is saying, wait you can't go robbing banks. If you don't recognize the other side then how can you have the debate?

So faun, and winter born too, is it ok for the husband to pull plug on Sherri Tiavo

No, that is a bad analogy.

For one thing, robbing banks is a crime and would be the lead story. Abortions are legal.

This is more like the Humane Society donating the parts of animals euthanized.

....... it's not 98%.

For one thing, robbing banks is a crime and would be the lead story. Abortions are legal.

But to pro life folks it is a crime, which is why the analogy works. If you fail to see that, then the debate goes no where for either party

....... it's not 98%.

Besides it should be an easy enough question to answer. Can the husband pull the plug on Sherri tiavo?

....... it's not 98%.

But to pro life folks it is a crime, which is why the analogy works. If you fail to see that, then the debate goes no where for either party

The debate has not been about abortion. The debate has been about donated parts. The outrageous claims of the people saying PP is murdering babies in order to profit from selling parts is the debate.

....... it's not 98%.

Besides it should be an easy enough question to answer. Can the husband pull the plug on Sherri tiavo?

Once again, I would answer this with the analogy of requiring the doctor to work all day every day of that 3 months without compensation.

Once again, I would answer this with the analogy of requiring the doctor to work all day every day of that 3 months without compensation.
The machines are doing the work, and now it turns fiscal again. Is it right or wrong to pull the plug?

The machines are doing the work, and now it turns fiscal again. Is it right or wrong to pull the plug?

Fiscal? You are attempting to compare the treatment of an adult in a coma with the decision of a woman about carrying a child inside her body? No. I am not playing to that bait.

If you can come up with machines to take over for the woman and develop the embryo/fetus to term, I am all for it.

"Planned Parenthood caught trafficking in human body parts"

Again, this is a lie, and the OP is a liar – Planned Parent was not “trafficking in human body parts,” nothing was 'caught.'

Fiscal? You are attempting to compare the treatment of an adult in a coma with the decision of a woman about carrying a child inside her body? No. I am not playing to that bait.
Yes fiscal, you gave me the scenario of of doctor day and night without pay . And I answered. And yes I am making that comparison, before you were arguing that schiavo was not going to regain any consciousness or recover. if you have that high if a probability of recovery do you pull the plug?

Yes fiscal, you gave me the scenario of of doctor day and night without pay . And I answered. And yes I am making that comparison, before you were arguing that schiavo was not going to regain any consciousness or recover. if you have that high if a probability of recovery do you pull the plug?

And you are making this comparison to force anyone in favor of refusing to pull the plug into saying that women should be forced to carry their pregnancy to term. My analogy about the doctor was not about money, but about forcing someone to do something.

If you can come up with machines to take over for the woman and develop the embryo/fetus to term, I am all for it.
You still haven't answered if it is ok to pull the plug with a very very positive prognosis?

And Now you're going in circles, so why is it no longer a woman's right afte in the third trimester? she still doing all the work there and it is her body.

The democrat party of buying and selling black people is still buying and selling black people. Only this time piece by piece.

You still haven't answered if it is ok to pull the plug with a very very positive prognosis?

And Now you're going in circles, so why is it no longer a woman's right afte in the third trimester? she still doing all the work there and it is her body.

Because there is a huge difference between forcing a woman to carry a child to term, and unplugging a comatose patient who has a positive prognosis.

And if a third trimester abortion is illegal, the same 3 month time period makes second trimester abortions into the same, and then all abortions are banned. All this because you want to press the supposition about Terri Schiavo and a hypothetical situation. But I am not willing to compare the two situations. Just like you have not been willing to discuss the actual topic of this thread.

Let me ask you this, if I had been in an accident and needed a blood transfusion, and you were the only person around with my blood type, can they force you to give your blood?

Or an even better analogy, if someone needs an organ transplant to live, and someone has just died in the same hospital, can the organs be taken without consent?

It is call body autonomy.

Forum List

Back