Politifact: Republicans Lie Twice As Much As Democrats

"Since January, PolitiFact has rated 52 percent of Republicans' statements as mostly or entirely false, compared to just 24 percent of Democrats' statements, the study found. In the first three weeks of May, amid controversies over the attacks in Benghazi, Libya and investigations at the Internal Revenue Service and the Department Of Justice, 60 percent of Republicans' statements were rated as false, compared to 29 percent of those made by Democrats."

With the constant spew of lies and BS coming from the Republicans, I'm surprised that the ratio is only 2x.

Your statement is precisely the problem.

"Since January, PolitiFact has rated 52 percent of Republicans' statements as mostly or entirely false, compared to just 24 percent of Democrats' statements, the study found. In the first three weeks of May, amid controversies over the attacks in Benghazi, Libya and investigations at the Internal Revenue Service and the Department Of Justice, 60 percent of Republicans' statements were rated as false, compared to 29 percent of those made by Democrats."

With the constant spew of lies and BS coming from the Republicans, I'm surprised that the ratio is only 2x.

Have we ever in the history of this planet had a completely honest, open, truthful, "transparent" politician, political party, or administration? I don't think so.

This is a lie.

From the article.

"PolitiFact rates the factual accuracy of specific claims; we do not seek to measure which party tells more falsehoods," he told Beaujon. “The authors of this press release seem to have counted up a small number of our Truth-O-Meter ratings over a few months, and then drew their own conclusions

Opinion, nothing more.

Have we ever in the history of this planet had a completely honest, open, truthful, "transparent" politician, political party, or administration? I don't think so.

No. But shouldn't we? Shouldn't we, as a society, want to make every effort to make sure that there is an administration such as you speak? The problem is exactly as you described, a completely honest, open, truthful, and transparent politician has no hope...and that's our problem. Not the democrat's problem. Not the republican's problem. But our problem.

:rofl:

images

I stand by this statement, they are as biased as most of the rest of the media.

That they call out democrats from time to time does not change this.

The only thing that matters in reality is if something is TRUE OR UNTRUE. If it's untrue you are welcome to prove it. You aren't allowed to dismiss information you don't like just because you don't like the organization providing it.

Either it's true or not. Which one is it? Or do you care?

We can dismiss bullshit from organizations with no credibility.

When you have proof that's true, then we can't easily dismiss it. Other than the fact that Politifact says it's true, what proof do you have?

Forum List

Back