POLL: What is the net political outcome of Hillary's hearing?

What was the net political outcome of Hillary's hearing?

• The GOP nailed her and seriously damaged her presidential chances

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • The GOP did some damage to her presidential chances

Votes: 9 10.3%
  • No real effect one way or the other

Votes: 17 19.5%
  • The GOP probably helped her a bit

Votes: 7 8.0%
  • Hillary & the Dems should be sending the GOP Thank You cards

Votes: 49 56.3%

• Total voters
What did the hearings do?

They made Hillary likeable

Hillary generally comes off as stiff and practiced. But Republicans turned her into a victim. In a hearing they proclaimed at the beginning as about the "truth" and not about Hillary, their questions then turned out to be just about getting Hillary

The ordeal of an 11 hour grilling for political purposes gave Hillary sympathy with the public and showed the public exactly what the Republicans were doing. The fact that Republicans could not fluster Hillary in 11 hours of trying showed how presidential Hillary is
Hillary's favorability ratings are in the toilet. She is one of the least liked politicians in America.

One of the episodes I managed to catch on "Game of Thrones" had a woman walking naked through the streets while people spat on her and threw rotten food. Keeping Hillary Clinton on the stand for over 9 hours and having her endure the absolute hatred of Republican inquisitors was like watching that episode again.

The clown car that currently makes up the Republican Presidential pool and the dysfunction of the Republican congress exemplified in this absolutely meaningless exercise in partisan rancor almost assures that Hillary Clinton will be President. It also might get the Senate back for Democrats and make some gains in the House.
Not a good analogy brother. Queen Cersei (sp) is still hated pretty much. And for good reason. Fans were glad to see her walk of shame, not to mention the citizens of Westerlos (sp).

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk

It wasn't really the story that was important more than the event.

That, basically is what Clinton was forced to do.

Endure hate.

Yeah, hate really bothers you, doesn't it?

:lmao:
In terms of a serious investigation?

Basically the stated goals of Gowdy was a serious inquiry into how the events of Benghazi happened and what could be done in the future to prevent this from happening again. Which was also saying that the previous investigations where not serious.

But what we witnessed was anything but a serious investigation. And I doubt it yields anything useful.

I have yet to see any investigation on why embassy security funds were cut by Congress or what needs to be done to provide better security in the future

Anticipate a report issuing a scathing condemnation of Hillary around October 2016
Thats because blaming alleged funding cuts is not a real issue but merely brain dead Dem tallking points to excuse Hilary's incompetence. No wonder you want that.

It wasn't really the story that was important more than the event.

That, basically is what Clinton was forced to do.

Endure hate.

Basically the stated goals of Gowdy was a serious inquiry into how the events of Benghazi happened and what could be done in the future to prevent this from happening again. Which was also saying that the previous investigations where not serious.

But what we witnessed was anything but a serious investigation. And I doubt it yields anything useful.

I have yet to see any investigation on why embassy security funds were cut by Congress or what needs to be done to provide better security in the future

Anticipate a report issuing a scathing condemnation of Hillary around October 2016

You mean like October 2000 when we learned of W's DWI in the seventies?

Are you serious?

We need a Congressional investigation....or six or seven

Swish, RW competently whiffed on another point. You strike out more than Babe Ruth did

Hillary generally comes off as stiff and practiced. But Republicans turned her into a victim. In a hearing they proclaimed at the beginning as about the "truth" and not about Hillary, their questions then turned out to be just about getting Hillary

The ordeal of an 11 hour grilling for political purposes gave Hillary sympathy with the public and showed the public exactly what the Republicans were doing. The fact that Republicans could not fluster Hillary in 11 hours of trying showed how presidential Hillary is
Hillary's favorability ratings are in the toilet. She is one of the least liked politicians in America.
Favorability ratings:

Hillary Clinton: 46%
Ben Carson: 40%
Jeb Bush: 34%
Carly Fiorina: 34%
Donald Trump: 31%

PollingReport.com

Which of the Republicans is liked?

Are you serious?

Swish, RW competently whiffed on another point. You strike out more than Babe Ruth did
Not with the softballs you throw

All of them more than Hillary.

All of them more than Hillary.
Actually... none of them are.

See: post #584

Are you serious?

Not with the softballs you throw

I do give you softballs, comrade big guy. You aren't able to handle the real stuff. That's what makes your striking out repeatedly all the more sad. You can't hit a ball in tee ball

BTW, you swing like a girl, that's your first problem

That's right cover your ass. I've just spent time searching snopes and can't seem to find what you posted. You say it's the final proof, the smoking gun that ends the debate yet you won't let us see it. Hmm.

Cover MY ass? No, that's what Hillary did and what you delusional Libs are trying to do FOR Hillary.

And I am sorry you are a dumbmass who can't read - that is not MY fault, by the way. As I told HS, take your ass to page 40 of this thread, post #396 to be exact. FactCheck.org to be more specific.

-------------

"But, at this point, we do know that Obama and others in the administration were quick to cite the anti-Muslim video as the underlying cause for the attack in Benghazi that killed four U.S. diplomats, including U.S. Ambassador to Libya Chris Stevens. And they were slow to acknowledge it was a premeditated terrorist attack."

-----

About 10:00 p.m.: Secretary of State Hillary Clinton issues a statement confirming that one State official was killed in an attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi. Her statement, which MSNBC posted at 10:32 p.m., made reference to the anti-Muslim video.

-- Clinton: Some have sought to justify this vicious behavior as a response to inflammatory material posted on the Internet. The United States deplores any intentional effort to denigrate the religious beliefs of others. Our commitment to religious tolerance goes back to the very beginning of our nation. But let me be clear: There is never any justification for violent acts of this kind.

11:12 p.m - just over an hour later.: Clinton sends an email to her daughter, Chelsea, that reads: “Two of our officers were killed in Benghazi by an al Qaeda-like group: The Ambassador, whom I handpicked and a young communications officer on temporary duty w a wife and two young children. Very hard day and I fear more of the same tomorrow.” (The email was discovered in 2015 by the House Select Committee on Benghazi. It is written to “Diane Reynolds,” which was Chelsea Clinton’s alias.)

....and there's much more...enjoy. I also recommend reading from there on to the latest posts, as there are a LOT of LINKS to definitive proof that Obama/Hillary not only knew within minutes the attack was a terrorist attack but they knew about the planning and call for the attack 10 days PRIOR to the attack....and more. All of which, like you have just proven, you haven't bothered to read while spewing all of your B$ OPINIONS....

Where is the crushing evidence? I see nothing blaming the attack in Benghazi on a video.
For the third time. That quote you cite can be seen in it's entire context in the video I provided.

Jesus. Weren't you watching TV at all??

The Obama administration was talking about a video being the reason for the attack on Benghazi almost from the get go.

They knew it was a terrorist attack from day one as the CIA told them immediately that it was terrorists.
Early intelligence from the CIA believed the video was the catalyst...

http://intelligence.house.gov/sites/intelligence.house.gov/files/documents/Benghazi Report.pdf

Fourth, the Committee concludes that after the attacks, the early intelligence assessments and the Administration's initial public narrative on the causes and motivations for the attacks were not fully accurate. There was a stream of contradictory and conflicting intelligence that came in after the attacks. The Committee found intelligence to support CIA's initial assessment that the attacks had evolved out of a protest in Benghazi; but it also found contrary intelligence, which ultimately proved to be the correct intelligence. There was no protest. The CIA only changed its initial assessment about a protest on September 24, 2012, when closed caption television footage became available on September 18, 2012 (two days AFTER Ambassador Susan Rice spoke), and after the FBI began publishing its interviews with U.S. officials on the ground on September 22, 2012.​

The CIA advised them that it was a terrorist attack from the get go. They knew. They had months of warnings about an attack. The video had nothing to do with it. No crowds no demonstration. Just terrorists attacking the consulate.

To bad your such a partisan hack.

Hell. Even your hero Clinton knew.

"We know that the attack in Libya had nothing to do with the film. It was a planned attack, not a protest," Clinton wrote to the Egyptian prime minister the night of September 11, 2012

That's right cover your ass. I've just spent time searching snopes and can't seem to find what you posted. You say it's the final proof, the smoking gun that ends the debate yet you won't let us see it. Hmm.

Cover MY ass? No, that's what Hillary did and what you delusional Libs are trying to do FOR Hillary.

And I am sorry you are a dumbmass who can't read - that is not MY fault, by the way. As I told HS, take your ass to page 40 of this thread, post #396 to be exact. FactCheck.org to be more specific.

-------------

"But, at this point, we do know that Obama and others in the administration were quick to cite the anti-Muslim video as the underlying cause for the attack in Benghazi that killed four U.S. diplomats, including U.S. Ambassador to Libya Chris Stevens. And they were slow to acknowledge it was a premeditated terrorist attack."

-----

About 10:00 p.m.: Secretary of State Hillary Clinton issues a statement confirming that one State official was killed in an attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi. Her statement, which MSNBC posted at 10:32 p.m., made reference to the anti-Muslim video.

-- Clinton: Some have sought to justify this vicious behavior as a response to inflammatory material posted on the Internet. The United States deplores any intentional effort to denigrate the religious beliefs of others. Our commitment to religious tolerance goes back to the very beginning of our nation. But let me be clear: There is never any justification for violent acts of this kind.

11:12 p.m - just over an hour later.: Clinton sends an email to her daughter, Chelsea, that reads: “Two of our officers were killed in Benghazi by an al Qaeda-like group: The Ambassador, whom I handpicked and a young communications officer on temporary duty w a wife and two young children. Very hard day and I fear more of the same tomorrow.” (The email was discovered in 2015 by the House Select Committee on Benghazi. It is written to “Diane Reynolds,” which was Chelsea Clinton’s alias.)

....and there's much more...enjoy. I also recommend reading from there on to the latest posts, as there are a LOT of LINKS to definitive proof that Obama/Hillary not only knew within minutes the attack was a terrorist attack but they knew about the planning and call for the attack 10 days PRIOR to the attack....and more. All of which, like you have just proven, you haven't bothered to read while spewing all of your B$ OPINIONS....

Where is the crushing evidence? I see nothing blaming the attack in Benghazi on a video.
For the third time. That quote you cite can be seen in it's entire context in the video I provided.

The Obama administration was talking about a video being the reason for the attack on Benghazi almost from the get go.

They knew it was a terrorist attack from day one as the CIA told them immediately that it was terrorists.

http://intelligence.house.gov/sites/intelligence.house.gov/files/documents/Benghazi Report.pdf

Fourth, the Committee concludes that after the attacks, the early intelligence assessments and the Administration's initial public narrative on the causes and motivations for the attacks were not fully accurate. There was a stream of contradictory and conflicting intelligence that came in after the attacks. The Committee found intelligence to support CIA's initial assessment that the attacks had evolved out of a protest in Benghazi; but it also found contrary intelligence, which ultimately proved to be the correct intelligence. There was no protest. The CIA only changed its initial assessment about a protest on September 24, 2012, when closed caption television footage became available on September 18, 2012 (two days AFTER Ambassador Susan Rice spoke), and after the FBI began publishing its interviews with U.S. officials on the ground on September 22, 2012.​

The CIA advised them that it was a terrorist attack from the get go. They knew. They had months of warnings about an attack. The video had nothing to do with it. No crowds no demonstration. Just terrorists attacking the consulate.

"We know that the attack in Libya had nothing to do with the film. It was a planned attack, not a protest," Clinton wrote to the Egyptian prime minister the night of September 11, 2012
You moron, the information I posted above how the CIA believed from early on it was the video ... comes from one of the many Republican investigations. You're really are stupid enough to think the GOP lied to cover for Hilllary. :cuckoo:

-------------

-----

You moron, the information I posted above how the CIA believed from early on it was the video ... comes from one of the many Republican investigations. You're really are stupid enough to think the GOP lied to cover for Hilllary. :cuckoo:

Speaking of stupid. The CIA thought it was terrorists and even Clinton knew as she let the Egyptians know.

Word of the attack on the diplomatic compound reached the CIA annex just after 9:30 p.m. Within five minutes, the security team at the annex was geared up for battle, and ready to move to the compound, a mile away.

The CIA knew it was a terrorist attack you idiot.

Speaking of stupid. The CIA thought it was terrorists and even Clinton knew as she let the Egyptians know.

Word of the attack on the diplomatic compound reached the CIA annex just after 9:30 p.m. Within five minutes, the security team at the annex was geared up for battle, and ready to move to the compound, a mile away.

The CIA knew it was a terrorist attack you idiot.

Even the Republican led investigations haven't reached that conclusion

Since it was a CIA outpost manned by CIA personnel they hit common sense tells you that the CIA knew it was terrorists.

Common Sense 101

Terrorist is a broad term....of course they knew it was terrorists
They were unsure of the impact of the video which was causing disruption at many embassies

Since it was a CIA outpost manned by CIA personnel they hit common sense tells you that the CIA knew it was terrorists.

Common Sense 101

They were unsure of the impact of the video which was causing disruption at many embassies

What you said is not really true. Up to 9/11/12 there was ONE protest and that was in Egypt. AFTER Obama, Clinton and Rice made their false statements there were many more which indicates to me that their remarks might have directly lead to those riots.

Common Sense 101

Clinton had no problem telling the Egyptians it wasn't at attack brought on by a video.

That kind of throws a monkey wrench in your theory.

The truth is that they had all the resources to know this was not a random act of violence caused by a video. They actually had none that indicate it was over a video.

So, as POTUS with all the intelligent capability at his command, why does he make a statement that he does not know to be true? Why not say NOTHING? Or at least wait a day or two to make a pronouncement?

There is only one reasons, political expedience. Saying something that isn't true is a lie pure and simple. Coming out and telling the American people something that he does not know to be true is also lying. He, Mrs. Clinton and Rice lied pure and simple the facts prove it.

Forum List

Back