Pope Francis says all priests can forgive women who've had abortions

You got to love this... The Pope who reads the Bible and sees that greed as wrong.

He talks about passages in the Bible about tolerance, charity and warns about ignoring god's warnings on climate change...

RW eat there own.... Pope while not always right is definitely right here... The problem that the RW Christians got with him is he is right and they can't handle it....

By the way it is funny how you all ignore IVF, when it presented to you...

You zero in on this but you don't recognize the phoney attitude of the right when it comes to "family" values.
What a piece of work you are.

That's because, unlike fundamentalist Christians, Catholics have a long history of constantly reinterpreting the metaphors. Of course you have to be able to distinguish metaphors from literal interpretations.......something fundamentalists can't do.
And what metaphore was it and how was it interpreted to make it a requirement to pray to Mary to get to Jesus? exactly where is it written that she would be the secretary to Jesus?
And I suppose somewhere in the Bible I missed that part that explained it t be ok to cover up for the child molesting priests?
or, that the only way to gain forgiveness from God was to pay the church money?
Im sorry, but when you walk into a catholic church and see the statue of Mary, and you pray to Mary, you are worshiping a false idol.
again, there is only one way to receive forgiveness and it does not have anything to do with any man walking the earth today.

Another fine example of the typical pedestrian ignorance of your average anti Catholic fundamentalists.....a dime a dozen. Your simple minded interpretations of religious doctrine are all too common among the great unwashed mass of stupid people.
That's because, unlike fundamentalist Christians, Catholics have a long history of constantly reinterpreting the metaphors. Of course you have to be able to distinguish metaphors from literal interpretations.......something fundamentalists can't do.
And what metaphore was it and how was it interpreted to make it a requirement to pray to Mary to get to Jesus? exactly where is it written that she would be the secretary to Jesus?
And I suppose somewhere in the Bible I missed that part that explained it t be ok to cover up for the child molesting priests?
Im sorry, but when you walk into a catholic church and see the statue of Mary, and you pray to Mary, you are worshiping a false idol.
again, there is only one way to receive forgiveness and it does not have anything to do with any man walking the earth today.

Another fine example of the typical pedestrian ignorance of your average anti Catholic fundamentalists.....a dime a dozen. Your simple minded interpretations of religious doctrine are all too common among the great unwashed mass of stupid people.

Pope Francis Concealed His Actions Against Two Prelates. Now Both “Whereabouts are Unknown.”
"Neither the civil authorities nor the public knew about Wesolowski until a local TV program did an expose’ on Aug. 31. The result of a year-long investigation, the broadcast contained testimony from residents of the Zona Colonial in Santo Domingo that Wesolowski paid minors for sex.

Three days after the TV broadcast, a local bishop confirmed that Wesolowski had been recalled for sexually abusing minors.

Wesolowski reportedly had left the country only a few days before. There were accusations that the pope allowed his nuncio to escape and speculation that Wesolowski fled to Haiti where children are even more desperately poor.

While Pope Francis could be praised for dismissing these prelates, the fact that the information he received was credible enough for him to take action also means that he should have immediately alerted the civil authorities so that, if warranted, an arrest could be made or at least an investigation begun as soon as possible. Also, Pope Francis should have made the allegations public so that any other victims would be encouraged to contact a law enforcement agency perhaps making the investigation easier, apprehension quicker or prosecution more certain. Additionally, if made public, people could avoid contact with the accused. The group, Survivors’ Network of those Abused by Priests (SNAP), defines failure to take these steps as a “cover up.”
What this pope is doing is beyond disgusting. He is not a person of God.

Insulting me isn't going to change the fact that these popes live like kings act holier than thou yet allow these horrible acts to continue while protecting the scum bags masquerading as servants of God.

I'm a piece of work? Go fuck yourself.
No, you're not a piece of work. In fact you are a very unsubstantail non entity who can only think in terms of black and white.

You zero in on this but you don't recognize the phoney attitude of the right when it comes to "family" values.

Pope Francis Concealed His Actions Against Two Prelates. Now Both “Whereabouts are Unknown.”
"Neither the civil authorities nor the public knew about Wesolowski until a local TV program did an expose’ on Aug. 31. The result of a year-long investigation, the broadcast contained testimony from residents of the Zona Colonial in Santo Domingo that Wesolowski paid minors for sex.

Three days after the TV broadcast, a local bishop confirmed that Wesolowski had been recalled for sexually abusing minors.

Wesolowski reportedly had left the country only a few days before. There were accusations that the pope allowed his nuncio to escape and speculation that Wesolowski fled to Haiti where children are even more desperately poor.

While Pope Francis could be praised for dismissing these prelates, the fact that the information he received was credible enough for him to take action also means that he should have immediately alerted the civil authorities so that, if warranted, an arrest could be made or at least an investigation begun as soon as possible. Also, Pope Francis should have made the allegations public so that any other victims would be encouraged to contact a law enforcement agency perhaps making the investigation easier, apprehension quicker or prosecution more certain. Additionally, if made public, people could avoid contact with the accused. The group, Survivors’ Network of those Abused by Priests (SNAP), defines failure to take these steps as a “cover up.”

Insulting me isn't going to change the fact that these popes live like kings act holier than thou yet allow these horrible acts to continue while protecting the scum bags masquerading as servants of God.

No, you're not a piece of work. In fact you are a very unsubstantail non entity who can only think in terms of black and white.
So you think the pope is correct to protect pedophiles?

That's your interpretation, you obviously haven't been paying attention, nor has the Daily Kos. You pick and choose whichever statements you like and ignore the one's that don't agree with your narrative.

Oh wait, I was wrong, it looks like the stupid fuckers are still giving money to Ted Haggard. What's up with that shit huh?

You got to love this... The Pope who reads the Bible and sees that greed as wrong.

He talks about passages in the Bible about tolerance, charity and warns about ignoring god's warnings on climate change...

RW eat there own.... Pope while not always right is definitely right here... The problem that the RW Christians got with him is he is right and they can't handle it....
Where is he right?
Chapter:Verse, please?

Christian fundamentalists are in about the same place Catholics were five hundred years ago. Intellectually hampered by strict interpretations and a fear of science.
Then you can without doubt show me in the Bible where it says that Mary will be the secretary of Jesus?
or, where it clearly states that you can purchase forgiveness of your sins?

Christian fundamentalists are in about the same place Catholics were five hundred years ago. Intellectually hampered by strict interpretations and a fear of science.
Then you can without doubt show me in the Bible where it says that Mary will be the secretary of Jesus?
or, where it clearly states that you can purchase forgiveness of your sins?
Show me where this is written into Catholic doctrine. Or are you only able to ape superficial characterizations?

Pope: All priests can forgive those who've had abortions - CNN.com
If the Church can forgive abortion why don`t Republicans do it? Why should these poor women suffer from mad politicians who won`t ever face such situations full of stress and doubts? Why they can`t leave women care their business?

The Church? What church? The Roman Catholic Church is a false church. Furthermore, priests cannot give anyone. Neither can the pope. Only God can forgive sin. Buy a King James Bible and read it.
The only Church which is false is the Church promoting terrorism and massacres.

You are claiming to be a Christian! You! Seriously.
Well, good luck with that attribute

You see, with this crowd, its believe by numbers. "Let's see, which one do we have to believe today and to hell with some of the other ones."
They have the unmitigated nerve to call themselves followers of Christ.

That's your interpretation, you obviously haven't been paying attention, nor has the Daily Kos. You pick and choose whichever statements you like and ignore the one's that don't agree with your narrative.

Women of all political persuasions have abortions.
Bob Barr, fervent pro-lifer, drove his wife to the clinic for an abortion.
Any woman that comes to Jesus Christ and repents of her sins and receives Him as her Lord and Savior is forgiven of all sin. Including abortion. She doesn't need a priest, a pope or a church to do that. It is in the Bible. Whosoever calls upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. Read Romans 10:9,10.
Then why is the Right dead set against abortion? They still lobby against it.

The same reason the Right is dead set against murder. It is contrary to God's word. It hurts those who practice it, those affected by it, and society as a whole.

It's a political issue that gets votes, they are going to ride that pony as long as it has legs.
It's a false church. It does not matter what they say. The only thing that matters is what the Word of God says. We are to obey the Bible. Not false teachers of a ancient Babylonian occult religion (today known as Roman Catholicism).
Do you think Noah's ark is an historical truth?

Of course I do!

It's a political issue that gets votes, they are going to ride that pony as long as it has legs.
It's a false church. It does not matter what they say. The only thing that matters is what the Word of God says. We are to obey the Bible. Not false teachers of a ancient Babylonian occult religion (today known as Roman Catholicism).
Do you think Noah's ark is an historical truth?

Of course I do!
:haha::happy-1:
noahs-ark-theme-baby-shower.gif

Any woman that comes to Jesus Christ and repents of her sins and receives Him as her Lord and Savior is forgiven of all sin. Including abortion. She doesn't need a priest, a pope or a church to do that. It is in the Bible. Whosoever calls upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. Read Romans 10:9,10.
And who are you to determine what people need? Who are you to decide which metaphors they should be most comfortable with? Who are you to know God's will?

Then why is the Right dead set against abortion? They still lobby against it.

The same reason the Right is dead set against murder. It is contrary to God's word. It hurts those who practice it, those affected by it, and society as a whole.
Like "shock and awe"?

Pope: All priests can forgive those who've had abortions - CNN.com
If the Church can forgive abortion why don`t Republicans do it? Why should these poor women suffer from mad politicians who won`t ever face such situations full of stress and doubts? Why they can`t leave women care their business?
The Pope also said that atheists can also go to heaven, because how you live your life is more important than what you say you believe.
link?

This is completely counter to the bible. I cannot believe that the Pope of all people would make such a statement and I am an atheist...

Forum List

Back