Putin Declares War on the Ukraine

Keep your eyes out here at home, men. Don't forget we had a 4-million-person breech of our border in the last year (that Biden ignored and flaunted court orders to stop). God only knows who came in undetected, ready to do whatever bad people do when a war is going on. They may wait until China makes it's move, so we may have a few days to stock up yet.

Keep your eyes out here at home, men. Don't forget we had a 4-million-person breech of our border in the last year (that Biden ignored and flaunted court orders to stop). God only knows who came in undetected, ready to do whatever bad people do when a war is going on. They may wait until China makes it's move, so we may have a few days to stock up yet.

During the Cold War the Soviet military had plans to infiltrate the US with backpack nuke wearing commandos. Makes for a great military thriller novel but I doubt we'll see anything quite like that.

Putin promised an immediate response to attempts to prevent the Russian Federation

Russia will immediately respond to any attempts to prevent it, which will lead to serious consequences. Moscow is ready for any development of events, Russian President Vladimir Putin said on Thursday, February 24, in an emergency address to citizens. The broadcast was conducted on the YouTube channel "Russia 24".

The basis of the policy of the Russian Federation is freedom, this right should be enjoyed by everyone, including residents of Ukraine, the Russian leader believes.

He stressed that the actions of the Russian Federation are not connected with the infringement of Ukraine's interests, but with the protection of itself from "those who took Ukraine hostage."

No one should have any doubt that a direct attack on Russia will lead to defeat and terrible consequences for the potential aggressor, the president said.

"As for the military sphere, modern Russia, even after the collapse of the USSR and the loss of a significant part of its nuclear potential, is today one of the most powerful nuclear powers. And moreover, it has certain advantages in a number of new types of weapons. In this regard, no one should have any doubt that a direct attack on Russia will lead to defeat and terrible consequences for the potential aggressor," he said.

The fate of Russia is in the safe hands of its people, which means that the goals will be achieved, the country's security is guaranteed, Putin summed up.

"It is strength and readiness to fight that underlie independence and sovereignty, and are the necessary foundation on which one can build one's future," the Russian leader noted.

On the eve of February 23, Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov announced the appeal of the heads of the DPR and LPR Denis Pushilin and Leonid Pasechnik to Russian President Vladimir Putin with a request to help repel the increased aggression of Ukrainian security forces to prevent a humanitarian catastrophe and civilian casualties.

As the representative of the Russian leader stressed, the corresponding appeal was made on the basis of articles 3 and 4 of the treaties on friendship, cooperation and mutual assistance between Russia and the republics, which were signed on February 21 as a result of Putin's recognition of the independence of the DPR and the LPR.

The situation on the contact line in Donbass escalated on February 17. In the Donetsk and Luhansk People's Republics, intense shelling by Ukrainian security forces, including from heavy weapons, was reported. The republics announced a general mobilization and evacuation of civilians to the territory of Russia.

Vladimir Putin described the shelling of the territories of Donbass by the Armed Forces of Ukraine as genocide against the population of the regions. On February 18, a similar opinion was expressed by the official representative of the Russian Foreign Ministry, Maria Zakharova, noting the obscene attitude of Kiev towards the residents of Donbass if they "share the culture of another country", which can be observed for seven years.

Since 2014, the Ukrainian authorities have been conducting a military operation against the residents of Donbass, who refused to recognize the results of the coup and the new government in Ukraine. At the same time, Kiev blames Moscow for the current situation. Russia has repeatedly stated that it is not a party to the internal Ukrainian conflict.
_
Russian President Vladimir Putin called on the Ukrainian military in Donbass to lay down their arms. He stated this in an emergency morning address to the Russians, broadcast by the TV channel "Russia 1", where he announced the beginning of a special military operation in the Donbass.

"Dear comrades, your fathers, grandfathers and great-grandfathers did not fight to defend our Homeland, so that today's neo-Nazis seized power in Ukraine, took an oath of allegiance to the Ukrainian people, and not to the anti-people junta, which robs and mocks these very people. Do not follow her criminal orders. I urge you to immediately lay down your weapons and go home. All servicemen of the Ukrainian army who fulfill this requirement will be able to freely leave the combat zone and return to their families," Putin said.

The President also warned that all responsibility for possible bloodshed will be on the conscience of the Ukrainian authorities. He also added that those who decide to interfere with Russia and create threats to the Russian people will face consequences that have never been seen before.

Last edited:
Boom!

1645676760736.png

We are partly dependent on Russia for our energy. As always, enemy democrats preen, we pay the price.

The air strikes have started. Russia is shelling missiles. I have heard idiotic, stupid people say the situation has spiraled out of control. Not true. Putin has it firmly in control.
True. Biden sucks. Russia did NOT get out of line when we had a REAL President.

Putin promised an immediate response to attempts to prevent the Russian Federation

Russia will immediately respond to any attempts to prevent it, which will lead to serious consequences. Moscow is ready for any development of events, Russian President Vladimir Putin said on Thursday, February 24, in an emergency address to citizens. The broadcast was conducted on the YouTube channel "Russia 24".

The basis of the policy of the Russian Federation is freedom, this right should be enjoyed by everyone, including residents of Ukraine, the Russian leader believes.

He stressed that the actions of the Russian Federation are not connected with the infringement of Ukraine's interests, but with the protection of itself from "those who took Ukraine hostage."

No one should have any doubt that a direct attack on Russia will lead to defeat and terrible consequences for the potential aggressor, the president said.

"As for the military sphere, modern Russia, even after the collapse of the USSR and the loss of a significant part of its nuclear potential, is today one of the most powerful nuclear powers. And moreover, it has certain advantages in a number of new types of weapons. In this regard, no one should have any doubt that a direct attack on Russia will lead to defeat and terrible consequences for the potential aggressor," he said.

The fate of Russia is in the safe hands of its people, which means that the goals will be achieved, the country's security is guaranteed, Putin summed up.

"It is strength and readiness to fight that underlie independence and sovereignty, and are the necessary foundation on which one can build one's future," the Russian leader noted.

On the eve of February 23, Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov announced the appeal of the heads of the DPR and LPR Denis Pushilin and Leonid Pasechnik to Russian President Vladimir Putin with a request to help repel the increased aggression of Ukrainian security forces to prevent a humanitarian catastrophe and civilian casualties.

As the representative of the Russian leader stressed, the corresponding appeal was made on the basis of articles 3 and 4 of the treaties on friendship, cooperation and mutual assistance between Russia and the republics, which were signed on February 21 as a result of Putin's recognition of the independence of the DPR and the LPR.

The situation on the contact line in Donbass escalated on February 17. In the Donetsk and Luhansk People's Republics, intense shelling by Ukrainian security forces, including from heavy weapons, was reported. The republics announced a general mobilization and evacuation of civilians to the territory of Russia.

Vladimir Putin described the shelling of the territories of Donbass by the Armed Forces of Ukraine as genocide against the population of the regions. On February 18, a similar opinion was expressed by the official representative of the Russian Foreign Ministry, Maria Zakharova, noting the obscene attitude of Kiev towards the residents of Donbass if they "share the culture of another country", which can be observed for seven years.

Since 2014, the Ukrainian authorities have been conducting a military operation against the residents of Donbass, who refused to recognize the results of the coup and the new government in Ukraine. At the same time, Kiev blames Moscow for the current situation. Russia has repeatedly stated that it is not a party to the internal Ukrainian conflict.

He sounds like a man who bided his time, angry and wanting revenge for the West squeezing Russia. Now he goes in under the pretense of "Ukranian nazi nationalists", using the far left own rhetoric.

I've said it before, we are living in the age of the weakest Western leadership in history, that includes those who sat and watched as Germany moved in.

As my dad once told me "I'd rather have a gun and fight over there than fight them on my own land".

Will he stop at Ukraine? Maybe for a short while. Even if he doesn't conquer the entire nation. This is why unpredictable leaders are so dangerous, be they on our side or theirs.

Ukraine is a UN member. The US is bound by article 5 to assist. If not, the UN is for all intents and purposes, defunct.
Which Chapter?

The UN Charter is a non-binding treaty, unless a unanimous vote can be had in the Security Council. . . if I remember correctly? :dunno:

IMO? I don't think you will get that from Russia and China who are both parts of the Security Council.

Chapter II, Article V Membership?

Article 5 /
"A Member of the United Nations against which
preventive or enforcement action has been taken
by the Security Council may be suspended from
the exercise of the rights and privileges of mem-
bership by the General Assembly upon the recom-
mendation of the Security Council. The exercise
of these rights and privileges may be restored by
the Security Council."

Which Chapter?

The UN Charter is a non-binding treaty, unless a unanimous vote can be had in the Security Council. . . if I remember correctly? :dunno:

IMO? I don't think you will get that from Russia and China who are both parts of the Security Council.

Chapter II, Article V Membership?

Article 5 /
"A Member of the United Nations against which
preventive or enforcement action has been taken
by the Security Council may be suspended from
the exercise of the rights and privileges of mem-
bership by the General Assembly upon the recom-
mendation of the Security Council. The exercise
of these rights and privileges may be restored by
the Security Council."

I would gather Russia's powers would be suspended by the council first. And I was thinking of NATO Article 5, but in my error, I may have landed on a mechanism by which Russia can be punished.

Forum List

Back