Question for Trump supporters: Would this be okay with you?

What about illegal immigration and Islamic terrorism, probably the two most important issues for conservatives. He's the only candidate who is willing to do what's necessary to stop that shit, yet he's being opposed by most Republicans. There's a lot more to this than meets the eye.

Who is opposing Trump on illegal immigration? Some have stated it's not possible to throw all these people back over the border, but nobody that I know is totally against his idea either. They just don't think it's feasible
They're not even willing to consider it, and their reasons also included not wanting to break up families (which is not a legitimate argument). NOR were they even addressing the issue before Trump's numbers skyrocketed after bringing it up. I don't think even Cruz would entertain the idea of building a wall. If Trump doesn't win the presidency, the wall will never be built and the border will never be secured.

It's not now. That's the problem.

The wall and foreigners in this country are a great concern for many of us. The establishment has ignored our warnings and Trump supported our ideas. He put that front and center when he announced his candidacy.

The Republicans have told us to give them Congress, and if we can do that, they will get things done. No wall.

The Republicans told us to give them the Senate, and they will get things done. No wall.

The Republicans told us to give them the White House, and they will get things done. Even if that happens, I predict........no wall unless it's Trump that wins the presidency.

Sounds like they are just laughing at your desires. Time for a third party?
Democrats do the same thing to minorities, they just don't seem to care as long as they get that monthly check.

No, not really. Of course, minorities aren't always satisfied with the final results, but progress is being made,and I think they can tell the difference between who is actually trying to help them and who is trying to blame them for all the countries problems. Insults like yours claiming they only want a monthly check tend to keep them away from the republican party though.

What about illegal immigration and Islamic terrorism, probably the two most important issues for conservatives. He's the only candidate who is willing to do what's necessary to stop that shit, yet he's being opposed by most Republicans. There's a lot more to this than meets the eye.

Who is opposing Trump on illegal immigration? Some have stated it's not possible to throw all these people back over the border, but nobody that I know is totally against his idea either. They just don't think it's feasible
They're not even willing to consider it, and their reasons also included not wanting to break up families (which is not a legitimate argument). NOR were they even addressing the issue before Trump's numbers skyrocketed after bringing it up. I don't think even Cruz would entertain the idea of building a wall. If Trump doesn't win the presidency, the wall will never be built and the border will never be secured.

The wall and foreigners in this country are a great concern for many of us. The establishment has ignored our warnings and Trump supported our ideas. He put that front and center when he announced his candidacy.

The Republicans have told us to give them Congress, and if we can do that, they will get things done. No wall.

The Republicans told us to give them the Senate, and they will get things done. No wall.

The Republicans told us to give them the White House, and they will get things done. Even if that happens, I predict........no wall unless it's Trump that wins the presidency.

Correct, they "were" laughing. Now that Trump is the front runner, we are laughing at them.

That'll teach them a lesson. Just destroy the party, and they will think twice next time.

Democrats do the same thing to minorities, they just don't seem to care as long as they get that monthly check.

No, not really. Of course, minorities aren't always satisfied with the final results, but progress is being made,and I think they can tell the difference between who is actually trying to help them and who is trying to blame them for all the countries problems. Insults like yours claiming they only want a monthly check tend to keep them away from the republican party though.
No, they'll always be slaves to the Democrats. They've been brainwashed for over 50 years. They came here as slaves and the Dems have kept them on the plantation either by force or welfare. They just accept it.

No, they'll always be slaves to the Democrats. They've been brainwashed for over 50 years. They came here as slaves and the Dems have kept them on the plantation either by force or welfare. They just accept it.

That's the kind of remark that guarantees minorities will never vote republican in any election.

That's the kind of remark that guarantees minorities will never vote republican in any election.
No, it's the free shit that will keep them voting Democrat. Why should I pretend it's any different when we both know it isn't?

No, it's the free shit that will keep them voting Democrat. Why should I pretend it's any different when we both know it isn't?

Believe what you want. If you chose to think insults like that will endear you to minorities, I urge you to say it loud and often.

Believe what you want. If you chose to think insults like that will endear you to minorities, I urge you to say it loud and often.
First of all, not all minorities are slaves to public assistance. Second, I'm not interested in being endeared to the ones who have no self respect. If they can't respect themselves, they don't deserve any respect from me or anyone else, and believe me, no one respects someone who takes handouts all their life and thinks that's ok.

First of all, not all minorities are slaves to public assistance. Second, I'm not interested in being endeared to the ones who have no self respect. If they can't respect themselves, they don't deserve any respect from me or anyone else, and believe me, no one respects someone who takes handouts all their life and thinks that's ok.

That's what I urge you to say often and loud. It's an amazing outreach technique the right has developed.

That's what I urge you to say often and loud. It's an amazing outreach technique the right has developed.
I said I'm not interested in reaching out to them, what part of that don't you understand?

From what I'm hearing, the GOP establishment is trying to downplay the possibility of a brokered convention. Surely they know it would cause a huge revolt within their own party. And regardless, there's nothing they can do if he gets the required votes..

There would be a contested convention if no candidate wins 1237 votes on the first ballot. After that, the only thing that matters is that a candidate wins 1237 votes on subsequent ballots. If Trump - or any candidate - doesn't win 1237 votes, then they shouldn't be the candidate, full stop. And if Trump wins 1237 votes - like any other candidate - he should be the nominee.

From what I'm hearing, the GOP establishment is trying to downplay the possibility of a brokered convention. Surely they know it would cause a huge revolt within their own party. And regardless, there's nothing they can do if he gets the required votes..

There would be a contested convention if no candidate wins 1237 votes on the first ballot. After that, the only thing that matters is that a candidate wins 1237 votes on subsequent ballots. If Trump - or any candidate - doesn't win 1237 votes, then they shouldn't be the candidate, full stop. And if Trump wins 1237 votes - like any other candidate - he should be the nominee.
Whoever has the most delegates should get the nomination. Anything else is thwarting the will of the people. That 1237 shit needs to be done away with.

Whoever has the most delegates should get the nomination. Anything else is thwarting the will of the people. That 1237 shit needs to be done away with.

There are 2472 delegates at the convention. 1237 is the majority of the delegates needed to win the nomination.

If any candidate gets at least 1237 delegates, he should be the nominee, including Trump. But if no candidate gets the majority of the candidates, no candidate is owed anything by anyone. It will be up to the delegates to vote however they wish after the first ballot.

If they did that wouldn't that be like saying there is no Republican party? and voters really do not count?
They're shitting bricks. It's beginning to look like they'd rather lose the general than back Trump. So outside of just bending over and taking it, this would be their only option.

I don't get it. Trump is saying exactly the same things that right wingers have been saying for years. I would think they should love having Trump for the nominee.
He supports much of the status quo that cost the country a lot of money

Please elaborate
he supports forced use of ethanol even though it's been shown to be worse than just gas

What I'm curious about, though, is what the establishment does then. Back a moderate Republican third party candidate, back Gary Johnson, provide minimal support to Trump or fully back him to save the House and Senate.

What I'm curious about, though, is what the establishment does then. Back a moderate Republican third party candidate, back Gary Johnson, provide minimal support to Trump or fully back him to save the House and Senate.

My guess is that they just step aside and not support Trump. He'd be the nominee, but most won't endorse him or help him with fundraising or the election.

My guess is that they just step aside and not support Trump. He'd be the nominee, but most won't endorse him or help him with fundraising or the election.
Maybe put their effort into House and Senate races.

Maybe put their effort into House and Senate races.

As much as they can.

Trump promised us he will be self-funded. He's not taking money from anybody; another thing the establishment hates.

If they did that wouldn't that be like saying there is no Republican party? and voters really do not count?
They're shitting bricks. It's beginning to look like they'd rather lose the general than back Trump. So outside of just bending over and taking it, this would be their only option.

I don't get it. Trump is saying exactly the same things that right wingers have been saying for years. I would think they should love having Trump for the nominee.
He supports much of the status quo that cost the country a lot of money

Please elaborate
he supports forced use of ethanol even though it's been shown to be worse than just gas

It's being forced on us now! Think Hillary would change that?

Minorities will avoid voting Republican no matter what unless they suddenly all get educated or otherwise start to follow politics and see for themselves Democrats have done nothing for them.

Forum List

Back