🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Question, why do christians bow to statues?

So you don't know why you bow and pray to statues?

Sure I do but you'd never grasp it. Why do you make so many threads about something it is obvious you are clueless about? Did a Christian pee in your Fruity Pebbles?

Possibly the best answer I've seen. Thanks.

Sort of "pearls before swine" to discuss this with swine.
You do realize IESous (Jesus in Greek) means THE SWINE, RIGHT?

I realize I don't speak Greek. The English version is fine with me.
Just maybe if you read and understood Hebrew and read the Torah in its original Hebrew you wouldn't believe in that cockamamie 3 in one man god nonsense

Doubtful. I'm no better than Peter and Paul. They understood Hebrew perfectly.

Sure I do but you'd never grasp it. Why do you make so many threads about something it is obvious you are clueless about? Did a Christian pee in your Fruity Pebbles?

Just maybe if you read and understood Hebrew and read the Torah in its original Hebrew you wouldn't believe in that cockamamie 3 in one man god nonsense

Actually to be historically correct, both Peter and Paul seem to be derived from a compiling of characters similar to Jesus compilation of christs. With Jesus being made of many figures those figures had followers who had to span the eras and combine with the other christ's henchmen=compiled figures given new names.
Saul was not Paul if you secret that from the Book of acts, Saul himself comes across one of the figures Sergius Paulus named Paul used to
combine the Image of Paul which also borrowed from Pol of Tyana who was into many cultures religions & from Tarsus and might have written 3/4 the NT from his extensive Library. So Sergius Paulus and Appolonias were not Jews.
DON'T KNOW who Peter was, but
Shimon ben Shetach the Head Priest who becomes combined and renamed Peter lived in 100bc era reinstated around 85bc High Priest by Salome Jannaeus Alexanders wife and seemingly used for the Head of the church story and friend Yehuda ben Tabbai used for the Judas weeping over a wrongful sentenced death story.

Last edited:

Actually to be historically correct, both Peter and Paul seem to be derived from a compiling of characters similar to Jesus compilation of christs. With Jesus being made of many figures those figures had followers who had to span the eras and combine with the other christ's henchmen=compiled figures given new names.
Saul was not Paul if you secret that from the Book of acts, Saul himself comes across one of the figures Sergius Paulus named Paul used to
combine the Image of Paul which also borrowed from Pol of Tyana who was into many cultures religions & from Tarsus and might have written 3/4 the NT from his extensive Library. So Sergius Paulus and Appolonias were not Jews.
Shimon ben Shetach the Head Priest who becomes combined and renamed Peter lived in 100bc era reinstated around 85bc High Priest by Salome Jannaeus Alexanders wife and seemingly used for the Head of the church story and friend Yehuda ben Tabbai used for the Judas weeping over a wrongful sentenced death story.

There ya go. If you dont even know who Peter was perhaps you should read up before commenting.

What is the purpose of doing this?

mary_worship.jpg

mary-statue-worship.jpg

mary_worship34.jpg
It's idolatry but in all fairness the Roman Catholic people do not know this because the Vatican changed the ten commandments removing the second commandment in your Hebrew Bible (and mine) which states in Exodus 20:4-5
Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.
5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me; - Exodus 20:4,5

The Roman Catholic ten commandments do not have this commandment. They removed it. In order to still come up with ten commandments the Roman Catholic Vatican divided the 10th commandment into two - 9 & 10. The Roman Catholic people do not know this because they were not allowed to read the KJV for many centuries, Guno. Some Catholics have found out about it now but many still do not know that what they are doing is breaking the 2nd commandment. They have their own Catholic Bible which is not the same as the KJV Holy Bible or your Hebrew Bible. The Bible is very clear that no idolater can enter the kingdom of heaven and as this is a teaching of Roman Catholicism - there is no salvation in it - in fact it is leading millions of people (who have been misled) to hell. I have told Catholic people about this before but because the Pope is in their mind the authority of God on earth they listen to him rather than to believe the commandments of God found in Holy Scripture.

Last edited:

There ya go. If you dont even know who Peter was perhaps you should read up before commenting.
Let's talk about Peter. Do you know who Peter was? Peter was not the first Pope. There is no such teaching in the Holy Bible and the word Pope never appears. Peter was never in Rome. Peter was in Jerusalem because Peter was called to preach to the Jews. Not the Gentiles. Paul preached to the Gentiles. Paul in his teachings to the Romans never once mentioned Peter's name. Yet he addresses over 2 dozen other people by name. Did you know that? Read the Book of Romans. Peter was not infallible. Paul rebuked Peter to his face because Peter was in error over a matter. This is in Scripture. As Paul had to rebuke Peter to his face over teaching error, it stands to reason that Peter was not infallible (which is a teaching in Catholicism).

It also stands to reason that Peter was never a figure of absolute authority because it was James that was called a pillar. James addressed the Believers on the matter of circumcision. Not Peter. Another fact........ Peter was married. Why don't the Catholic popes marry if they are following Peter's example? You see, there are so many false teachings that the Church of Rome was able to get away with because the precious Catholic people were not permitted to read the Bible. Did you know that the Vatican claimed to have Peter's bones? Do you know that lie has also been exposed? Peter's tomb was found in Jerusalem with his name inscribed on the box not far from Mary's tomb in 1956 (may have been 1953 as the discovery was ordered to be kept secret by Pope Pius XII). The Holy Bible addresses who the false teachers were - those who forbid to marry - The Rabbi's get married. Ministers of the Gospel of Jesus Christ get married. Why are priests and Bishops and Cardinals and Popes (none of which is scriptural) not permitted to marry? Because if they married they wouldn't be under the complete control of Rome. Jesus despises the false teachings of the Roman System. In Scripture he calls people to depart from it, come out of her my people ........ That is His cry. He loves these people and does not want to see them perish.

mary_worship.jpg

mary-statue-worship.jpg

mary_worship34.jpg

/---- Do you salute a flag or what that piece of cloth represents?
The second commandment clearly forbids any graven image to be made or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. Nor should it be bowed down to. God commands this. God gave this commandment to Moses and it still stands today. No idolater can enter the kingdom of heaven.

Last edited:

no they were illiterates ,if they could read and understand Hebrew they would have known your mangod wasn't the Jewish Messiah

learn something other then what has been drilled into your head

Why Jews Don't Believe in Jesus

Why Jews Don't believe in Jesus (in brief)

Why Don't Jews Believe In Jesus | The difference between Judaism and Christianity

Any of you who happen to be Catholics please consider this..... How great must be the love of G-d for you that He sends three Jews to tell you the truth about Catholicism and is willing to tell you this is idolatry? Granted these men are waiting on their Messiah. They do not believe Jesus Christ is the Messiah. But the day shall come when they shall know their Messiah and at the same time.......the time of the Gentiles shall one day come to a close. Then it will be too late. Their time has not yet come to know their Messiah and receive Him but your time is about to come to an end - indeed it will come to an end for all Gentiles and then what? Will you neglect so great a salvation offered you because of the traditions of men? Because you may be rejected / disowned by your own family? If it were to cost you everything to enter into the kingdom of heaven is it not worth it? It was worth it to me. I have no regrets. I do not tell you this as someone who doesn't understand what you are going through. I'm a former Catholic. There is no salvation to be found in Catholicism. If it were not the truth, I could not tell you this.

A simple answer for a simple mind. They are not bowing to the statue, but to what the statue represents.

Really, and what do you say the Jesus statue and Mary statue represent when they are admittingly Isis & Baby Horus?

If rubbing a rabbits foot is archaic to you then why is rubing a cross acceptable human behavior.
This is why the idol worshiping world despised Jews, for taking the fun and delusions out of idol worship.
You can't selectively pick and choose and use portions of Isaiah to make your false claims without reading and listening to Isaiah 44 about your idol worship.

Yawn.

Again, go talk to the Catholics.

Not just them, although they are the worst offenders, how many Christians "don't" hold their necklace cross and rub it asking for forgiveness, salvation, protection from illness, or safety for a loved one? Jesus the created image was itself made an idol. Statues or not the figure is your idol.

Read Isiah 44 the "carpenter" fashions the idol that many Christians not just Catholics, place on their wall to biw down to and ask it favors and deliverance.
People always want to think they got a good deal...The ones who "sold" the 3 in 1 God "deal" knew their " clients" and if they " packaged" it just " right" they knew they would swallow it hook line and stinker( I mean sinker) Afterall everyone wants to get 3 for the price of 1 don't they...The problem here is the 1 item is the finest of silk that will last a " lifetime" while the " knockoffs" which are 3 items are the cheapest of the cheap " imitation" and when you put it on for the first time will disintegrate and leave you with " nothing" in the end accept a bad taste in your mouth because you have been had by a " wily" merchant( clergyman) who has left town and is busy counting the money you gave him and ready to sell his wares to the next " sucker" down the road...
Your Hebrew Bible says the same thing my KJV Holy Bible says in Genesis 1:27. Rabbis have suggested that G-d was speaking to an angel when He said Let us make man in our image and after our likeness but how could this be possible when men are not created in the image of angels. We do not have wings. Something your scholars have never been able to give an explanation for. In fact, there are many Scriptures that they cannot explain without acknowledging that God's Spirit is God and that God's Word is God. Therein it is 1 x 1 x 1 = 1 and not a matter of addition....... You are a spirit, you live in a body and you have a soul - even as David said in Psalm 103 Bless the Lord O my soul....... Do you speak of yourself as 3 separate beings?

My context is obviously describing not knowing the historical Peter and which eras character did he belong to.
Shimon is NOT Peter, Shimon and Petre are compiled. Which of the many Christs and cults is Petre from used for the Peter Character?

...they were not allowed to read the KJV for many centuries, Guno. Some Catholics have found out about it now but many still do not know that what they are doing is breaking the 2nd commandment. They have their own Catholic Bible which is not the same as the KJV Holy Bible or your Hebrew Bible.

Now this is funny. Or sad. I'm not sure which.

A simple answer for a simple mind. They are not bowing to the statue, but to what the statue represents.

Really, and what do you say the Jesus statue and Mary statue represent when they are admittingly Isis & Baby Horus?

If rubbing a rabbits foot is archaic to you then why is rubing a cross acceptable human behavior.
This is why the idol worshiping world despised Jews, for taking the fun and delusions out of idol worship.
You can't selectively pick and choose and use portions of Isaiah to make your false claims without reading and listening to Isaiah 44 about your idol worship.

Yawn.

Again, go talk to the Catholics.

Not just them, although they are the worst offenders, how many Christians "don't" hold their necklace cross and rub it asking for forgiveness, salvation, protection from illness, or safety for a loved one? Jesus the created image was itself made an idol. Statues or not the figure is your idol.

Read Isiah 44 the "carpenter" fashions the idol that many Christians not just Catholics, place on their wall to biw down to and ask it favors and deliverance.
People always want to think they got a good deal...The ones who "sold" the 3 in 1 God "deal" knew their " clients" and if they " packaged" it just " right" they knew they would swallow it hook line and stinker( I mean sinker) Afterall everyone wants to get 3 for the price of 1 don't they...The problem here is the 1 item is the finest of silk that will last a " lifetime" while the " knockoffs" which are 3 items are the cheapest of the cheap " imitation" and when you put it on for the first time will disintegrate and leave you with " nothing" in the end accept a bad taste in your mouth because you have been had by a " wily" merchant( clergyman) who has left town and is busy counting the money you gave him and ready to sell his wares to the next " sucker" down the road...
Your Hebrew Bible says the same thing my KJV Holy Bible says in Genesis 1:27. Rabbis have suggested that G-d was speaking to an angel when He said Let us make man in our image and after our likeness but how could this be possible when men are not created in the image of angels. We do not have wings. Something your scholars have never been able to give an explanation for. In fact, there are many Scriptures that they cannot explain without acknowledging that God's Spirit is God and that God's Word is God. Therein it is 1 x 1 x 1 = 1 and not a matter of addition....... You are a spirit, you live in a body and you have a soul - even as David said in Psalm 103 Bless the Lord O my soul....... Do you speak of yourself as 3 separate beings?

Actually we have explained this.
Elohim (Plural) are the Hosts.
Remember Son of man comes with and out of the gathering of Hosts(Clouds).
The image is of Righteousness and
malakhs (Prophets & Rabbis) reflect the Essence we call God. This is why the Head Priest of Shalem (that Essence) is called MelchiTsadek (king of Righteousness) or
MalaKh Tsadek(messenger of Righteousness) that image we try and reflect & manifest through leaving our
values, moral standards, and lessons to choose life and stability(Shalem) therein.
Sources on the mere word Malakh=messenger/ reflection of God
Malakhs are not winged beongs forbidden image in Judaism.
In Judaism malakhs means messengers, used in scripture for mere men, Rabbi's , Priests, even the Pope calls his bishops and cardinals angels.
The Pope would be considered the arch malakh for his religion, because he's considered top messenger of his god, and he's the head of his host as the holy father, however their being the adversary and imposter to the YeruShalem temple Kohanim hosts means he is not the Judaic head of hosts called father nor arch messenger mediator of the (non idol) God of Israel's teachings. On other words hecd be considered the imposter
first failed fallen archangel the one overturned by the Mikdash head priest Who's name is in the MIKdash.
That means the Moshiach aka head of the hosts, head of the Temple, overturner aka Shiloh is none other then.. .go ahead you can say the name, SDA and JW's have no problem saying it, so why do you play around the inevitable? :)

More sources for angel=mere men messengers

aposltes where called angels and the Pope calls the cardinals and bishops angels It is a term used of an ordinary messenger (Job 1:14: 1 Sam. 11:3; Luke 7:24; 9:52), of prophets (Isa. 42:19; Hag. 1:13), of Rabbis (Mal. 2:7), and your ministers of the New Testament (Rev. 1:20).

Fact; whenever angels appeared to man it was always in a human form (Gen. 18:2; 19:1, 10; Luke 24:4; Acts 1:10

Ante-Nicene Fathers, V.10 (10), Page 466 Origen [d.AD 254],
Commentaries of Origen, Gospel of John, Book 1, 13 -The Angels Also Are Evangelists

Last edited:
My context is obviously describing not knowing the historical Peter and which eras character did he belong to.
Shimon is NOT Peter, Shimon and Petre are compiled. Which of the many Christs and cults is Petre from used for the Peter Character?

What the hell? I've seen typos before..make quite a few myself. But this gobbly gook isnt even decipherable.

What the hell? I've seen typos before..make quite a few myself. But this gobbly gook isnt even decipherable.
That wasn't a typo, Petre is the name they used in their language which was not Hebrew, Shimon was Jewish, Petre was probably not. Roman perhaps?
Stop using ad hominem excuses, either refute, give your sources or pay attention watch and learn.

That wasn't a typo, Petre is the name they used in their language which was not Hebrew, Shimon was Jewish, Petre was probably not. Roman perhaps?
Stop using ad hominem excuses, either refute, give your sources or pay attention watch and learn.

Obviously there is nothing to learn from you. And I don't know what name "they" used. And don't care about "them".

Peter is the Anglicized name English speaking Christians use. Obviously not everyone does. . Piotrek, Piotruś, or Piotrunio in Polisjh. Petru, Petre, Petrică in Romanian. Пётр (Pyotr) in Russian. Πέτρος (Petros) in Greek. But I'm not Polish, Romanian Russian or Greek. Or Jewish. So I use "Peter".
And if my Mexican friend says "St Pedro" it wont bother me a bit. I'm sure he wont mind my "Peter" or give a thought to what "they" think either.

Now get back to your chat room religion where you can major in the minors.

Obviously there is nothing to learn from you. And I don't know what name "they" used. And don't care about "them".

Peter is the Anglicized name English speaking Christians use. Obviously not everyone does. . Piotrek, Piotruś, or Piotrunio in Polisjh. Petru, Petre, Petrică in Romanian. Пётр (Pyotr) in Russian. Πέτρος (Petros) in Greek. But I'm not Polish, Romanian Russian or Greek. Or Jewish. So I use "Peter".
And if my Mexican friend says "St Pedro" it wont bother me a bit. I'm sure he wont mind my "Peter" or give a thought to what "they" think either.

Now get back to your chat room religion where you can major in the minors.

TRANSLATIONS and transliterations of names are important. A word can accidentally be used as a name when it is a role and a Name can be accidentally be translated into a definition instead of remaining as a name of a person thus blotting out a name or figure from the Bible.
Also poor transliterations or lack of knowledge of original pronunciatuons can change names or blot out names or prevent you from recognizing a name.
I've given many examples of this and the ZOOM OVER EVERYONE'S HEAD proves my point about being made oblivious through transliteration errors.

mary_worship.jpg

mary-statue-worship.jpg

mary_worship34.jpg
Those aren't Christians. They're Catholics. And they do all sorts of non Christian things. It's actually the modern Baal cult. A religion much older than Christianity.

mary_worship.jpg

mary-statue-worship.jpg

mary_worship34.jpg
It's idolatry but in all fairness the Roman Catholic people do not know this because the Vatican changed the ten commandments removing the second commandment in your Hebrew Bible (and mine) which states in Exodus 20:4-5
Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.
5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me; - Exodus 20:4,5

The Roman Catholic ten commandments do not have this commandment. They removed it. In order to still come up with ten commandments the Roman Catholic Vatican divided the 10th commandment into two - 9 & 10. The Roman Catholic people do not know this because they were not allowed to read the KJV for many centuries, Guno. Some Catholics have found out about it now but many still do not know that what they are doing is breaking the 2nd commandment. They have their own Catholic Bible which is not the same as the KJV Holy Bible or your Hebrew Bible. The Bible is very clear that no idolater can enter the kingdom of heaven and as this is a teaching of Roman Catholicism - there is no salvation in it - in fact it is leading millions of people (who have been misled) to hell. I have told Catholic people about this before but because the Pope is in their mind the authority of God on earth they listen to him rather than to believe the commandments of God found in Holy Scripture.

You must be mistaken, since the RC Church gave you the bible so the King could rewrite it.

Forum List

Back