Quick History lesson

Interesting reply...

The main difference is that the wealthy Democrats actually vote against their own interests. They support higher taxes on the rich, more programs to help working Americans and the poor.
Republicans only support the wealthy......heap more benefits on the top and eventually it will trickle down in jobs and prosperity for all

I keep hearing that SAID but where's the beef? Where is the tax increase on the wealthy? Where? Democrats are the majority party and they have not fought to raise taxes on the rich they only give it lip service. They could have dropped Bush's tax cuts, but didn't. They had a 4 month supermajority Senate and didn't raise taxes, could have but didn't. What is so disingenuous about the rich democrats is how they pretend they would raise taxes on themselves if only the MINORITY party allowed them too. Elections have consequences so we are told yet one consequence certainly isn't raising taxes on themselves. Besides the tax system of the US is voluntary, so we are told. If the rich democrats think they should pay more then there is absolutely nothing stopping them.

Where have you been the last five years? Dems have done nothing but fight for a return to pre-Bush tax rates for the wealthy......Repubs held the country hostage and fought to preserve those rates
Think of where this country was in 2009... Colapsing economy, massive unemployment. All the Republicans fought for was preserving their tax rates on the wealthy while they complained that the poor don't pay enough in taxes

The dems had as supermajority for 4 months. If they were not just giving YOU lib service then they would have raised them then, but did not. They are lying to you time for you to realize the fact. I think of the demise of the economy often. All started in 2007 when the country made a very bad mistake, now it is past time to correct that mistake.

BTW where have you been for the last 7 years?

Those are remarkable statistics

They show when Republicans used to actually care about Americans

They still do, supporting real freedom is the ultimate in caring for Americans, supporting slavery to the government feeding trougth is the ultimate is not caring.

you have it totally backwards, norton. too much time breathing sewer gas?

Thanks for reminding us how great the Republican Party used to be. It is part of the reason I became a Republican. They were the party that cared about working Americans. The party of equal rights
But then, a radical shift occurred. They became the unabashed party of the rich. Trickle down was their mantra......take care of the rich and they will take care of you
The working class became the enemy

that is simply not true, you have fallen victim to the media propaganda.

Interesting reply...

The main difference is that the wealthy Democrats actually vote against their own interests. They support higher taxes on the rich, more programs to help working Americans and the poor.
Republicans only support the wealthy......heap more benefits on the top and eventually it will trickle down in jobs and prosperity for all
There is no denying this reality:

The GOP's every action is guided primarily by their subservience to the wealthy.

Horseshit. are they subservient to Oprah, Baldwin, Gates, Streisand, Sarandon, Kerry, the clintons, hollywood, the rap industry??? of course not, those rich people are controlling the dems and libs.

They still do, supporting real freedom is the ultimate in caring for Americans, supporting slavery to the government feeding trougth is the ultimate is not caring.

you have it totally backwards, norton. too much time breathing sewer gas?

Thanks for reminding us how great the Republican Party used to be. It is part of the reason I became a Republican. They were the party that cared about working Americans. The party of equal rights
But then, a radical shift occurred. They became the unabashed party of the rich. Trickle down was their mantra......take care of the rich and they will take care of you

Notice how these claims are never backed by anything other then opinion? It has been 7 years of the democrats controlling at least 2/3s of the government and no tax increase. 7 years and the minority party is blamed. Simply amazing bit of propaganda.

Notice how these claims are never backed by anything other then opinion? It has been 7 years of the democrats controlling at least 2/3s of the government and no tax increase. 7 years and the minority party is blamed. Simply amazing bit of propaganda.

lying, its what they do best------following the example of their savior, the liar in chief, Barry Hussein Soetoro Obama.

Interesting reply...

There is no denying this reality:

The GOP's every action is guided primarily by their subservience to the wealthy.

How many times must you be smacked down until you realize you really don't know the difference between reality and just repeating the same old liberal talking points?

You didn't know about supermajority.

You have not produced on initiative from the rich democrats who pushed for a higher tax and didn't get it.

You just keep repeating the same damn propaganda.
Paperview is a head-in-his-ass radical extremist who stopped learning after the third grade and he is what makes the radical Islam extremists so dangerous.

He is a true believer and will destroy any and everyone who does not see the world as he does. You'll come to realize he isn't worth replying to because all you will receive is regurgitated talking points that he little understands.

Last edited:

lying, its what they do best------following the example of their savior, the liar in chief, Barry Hussein Soetoro Obama.

Why are you resorting to trolling now? Have you gotten sick of losing arguments?

13th amendment: abolished slavery
100% republican support, 23% democrat support

14th amendment: gave citizenship to freed slaves
94% republican support, 0% democrat support

15th amendment: right to vote for all
100% republican support, 0% democrat support

Obamacare
0% republican support
100% democrat support

Need I say more? :eusa_whistle:

yes, actually

you forgot the southern strategy and the shift in party bases during the FDR era

I assume you believe in all myths.

Oh gosh you get the Canard Award.

The Myth of ‘the Southern Strategy’

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/12/10/magazine/10Section2b.t-4.html?_r=0

It’s an easy story to believe, but this year two political scientists called it into question. In their book “The End of Southern Exceptionalism,” Richard Johnston of the University of Pennsylvania and Byron Shafer of the University of Wisconsin argue that the shift in the South from Democratic to Republican was overwhelmingly a question not of race but of economic growth. In the postwar era, they note, the South transformed itself from a backward region to an engine of the national economy, giving rise to a sizable new wealthy suburban class. This class, not surprisingly, began to vote for the party that best represented its economic interests: the G.O.P. Working-class whites, however — and here’s the surprise — even those in areas with large black populations, stayed loyal to the Democrats. (This was true until the 90s, when the nation as a whole turned rightward in Congressional voting.)
omg 2 people decided to contest what basically everyone else is saying, I better believe it to be perfectly correct!!! rather than dispute the fact that the southern strategy existed, it states that people did not switch because of the southern strategy, but rather because of economic beliefs

either way, democrats did embrace the civil rights movement for blacks in the 50s and 60s, basically invalidating the entire argument that the modern Democratic Party is the racist party

It seems that the OP and his pals would like us to believe that the GOP is the party that really has the interests of minorities at heart.

But, they cannot seem to convince minorities of this.

Why? Why is that? Multiple choice:

A) Minorities are uneducated and cannot be trusted to know what is good for them.
B) The Democrat controlled media is influencing minorities to hate the GOP.
C) Democrats have bought the full support of minorities with free phones and food stamps.
D) The premise of the OP is ridiculous on its face.
E) Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

Hey big tawker, how many blacks have republicans elected to Congress in the last, oh 80 years?

Care to guess?
I notice the Freewilligan failed to answer this question.

I also notice Darkwind is still butthurt he has lost every argument he has ever had with me, so he resorts to impugning my character.

I'm quite content to let the readers evaluate for themselves the value of my posts

It seems that the OP and his pals would like us to believe that the GOP is the party that really has the interests of minorities at heart.

But, they cannot seem to convince minorities of this.

Why? Why is that? Multiple choice:

A) Minorities are uneducated and cannot be trusted to know what is good for them.
B) The Democrat controlled media is influencing minorities to hate the GOP.
C) Democrats have bought the full support of minorities with free phones and food stamps.
D) The premise of the OP is ridiculous on its face.
E) Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

It would seem that those who are proponents of government dependency think the following:

This is exactly the opposite of what Conservatives think of blacks and anyone else.

B) That the following quotes are not from racists:

"I think one man is just as good as another so long as he's not a n*gger or a Chinaman. Uncle Will says that the Lord made a White man from dust, a n*gger from mud, then He threw up what was left and it came down a Chinaman. He does hate Chinese and Japs. So do I. It is race prejudice, I guess. But I am strongly of the opinion Negroes ought to be in Africa, Yellow men in Asia and White men in Europe and America."

-Harry Truman (1911) in a letter to his future wife Bess

"You cannot go to a 7-11 or Dunkin Donuts unless you have a slight Indian Accent." -Senator Joe Biden

Mahatma Gandhi "ran a gas station down in Saint Louis."

-Senator Hillary Clinton

Some junior high n*gger kicked Steve's ass while he was trying to help his brothers out; junior high or sophomore in high school. Whatever it was, Steve had the n*gger down. However it was, it was Steve's fault. He had the n*gger down, he let him up. The n*gger blindsided him."

-- Roger Clinton, the President's brother on audiotape

"You'd find these potentates from down in Africa, you know, rather than eating each other, they'd just come up and get a good square meal in Geneva." -- Fritz Hollings (D, S.C.)

"Is you their black-haired answer-mammy who be smart? Does they like how you shine their shoes, Condoleezza? Or the way you wash and park the whitey's cars?"

-- Left-wing radio host Neil Rogers

Blacks and Hispanics are "too busy eating watermelons and tacos" to learn how to read and write." -- Mike Wallace, CBS News. Source: Newsmax

Black on Black

"In the days of slavery, there were those slaves who lived on the plantation and [there] were those slaves that lived in the house. You got the privilege of living in the house if you served the master ... exactly the way the master intended to have you serve him. Colin Powell's committed to come into the house of the master. When Colin Powell dares to suggest something other than what the master wants to hear, he will be turned back out to pasture." -- Harry Belafonte

"Republicans bring out Colin Powell and J.C. Watts because they have no program, no policy. They have no love and no joy. They'd rather take pictures with black children than feed them." -- Donna Brazile, Al Gore's Campaign Manager for the 2000 election

(On Clarence Thomas) "A handkerchief-head, chicken-and-biscuit-eating Uncle Tom." -- Spike Lee

"He's married to a white woman. He wants to be white. He wants a colorless society. He has no ethnic pride. He doesn't want to be black."

-- California State Senator Diane Watson's on Ward Connerly's interracial marriage

Comments From The Past

"Rather I should die a thousand times, and see Old Glory trampled in the dirt never to rise again, than to see this beloved land of ours become degraded by race mongrels, a throwback to the blackest specimen from the wilds."

-- Former Klansman and current US Senator Robert Byrd, a man who is referred to by many Democrats as the "conscience of the Senate", in a letter written in 1944, after he quit the KKK.

"I am a former kleagle of the Ku Klux Klan in Raleigh County and the adjoining counties of the state .... The Klan is needed today as never before and I am anxious to see its rebirth here in West Virginia .... It is necessary that the order be promoted immediately and in every state of the Union. Will you please inform me as to the possibilities of rebuilding the Klan in the Realm of W. Va .... I hope that you will find it convenient to answer my letter in regards to future possibilities."

-- Former Klansman and current US Senator Robert Byrd, a man who is referred to by many Democrats as the "conscience of the Senate", in a letter written in 1946, after he quit the KKK.

"These laws [segregation] are still constitutional and I promise you that until they are removed from the ordinance books of Birmingham and the statute books of Alabama, they will be enforced in Birmingham to the utmost of my ability and by all lawful means."

-- Democrat Bull Connor (1957), Commissioner of Public Safety for Birmingham, Alabama

"I'll have those n*ggers voting Democratic for the next 200 years."

-- Lyndon B. Johnson to two governors on Air Force One according Ronald Kessler's Book, "Inside The White House"

(On New York) "K*ketown." -- Harry Truman in a personal letter

"There’s some people who’ve gone over the state and said, ‘Well, George Wallace has talked too strong about segregation.’ Now let me ask you this: how in the name of common sense can you be too strong about it? You’re either for it or you’re against it. There’s not any middle ground as I know of." -- Democratic Alabama Governor George Wallace (1959)

On Jews

"You f*cking Jew b@stard." -- Hillary Clinton to political operative Paul Fray. This was revealed in "State of a Union: Inside the Complex Marriage of Bill and Hillary Clinton" and has been verified by Paul Fray and three witnesses.

"The Jews don't like Farrakhan, so they call me Hitler. Well, that's a good name. Hitler was a very great man. He rose Germany up from the ashes." -- Louis Farrakhan (1984) who campaigned for congresswoman Cynthia McKinney in 2002

"Now that nation called Israel, never has had any peace in forty years and she will never have any peace because there can never be any peace structured on injustice, thievery, lying and deceit and using the name of God to shield your dirty religion under his holy and righteous name." -- Louis Farrakhan who campaigned for congresswoman Cynthia McKinney in 2002, 1984

'Hymies.' 'Hymietown.' -- Jesse Jackson's description of New York City while on the 1984 presidential campaign trail.

"Jews — that's J-E-W-S." -- Democratic state representative Bill McKinney on why his daughter Cynthia lost in 2002

On Whites

"I want to go up to the closest white person and say: 'You can't understand this, it's a black thing' and then slap him, just for my mental health."

-- Charles Barron, a New York city councilman at a reparations rally, 2002

"Civil rights laws were not passed to protect the rights of white men and do not apply to them." -- Mary Frances Berry, Chairwoman, US Commission on Civil Rights

(I) "will not let the white boys win in this election." -- Donna Brazile, Al Gore's Campaign Manager on the 2000 election

"The old white boys got taken fair and square." -- San Francisco Mayor Willie Brown after winning an election

"There are white n*ggers. I've seen a lot of white n*ggers in my time." -- Former Klansman and Current US Senator Robert Byrd, a man who is referred to by many Democrats as the "conscience of the Senate" in March of 2001

"The Medicaid system must have been developed by a white male slave owner. It pays for you to be pregnant and have a baby, but it won't pay for much family planning." -- Jocelyn Elders

The white man is our mortal enemy, and we cannot accept him. I will fight to see that vicious beast go down into the lake of fire prepared for him from the beginning, that he never rise again to give any innocent black man, woman or child the hell that he has delighted in pouring on us for 400 years." -- Louis Farrakhan who campaigned for congresswoman Cynthia McKinney in 2002, City College audience in New York

"There's no great, white bigot; there's just about 200 million little white bigots out there." -- USA Today columnist Julienne Malveaux

"We have lost to the white racist press and to the racist reactionary Jewish misleaders." -- Former Rep. Gus Savage (D-Illinois) after his defeat 1992

"White folks was in caves while we was building empires... We taught philosophy and astrology and mathematics before Socrates and them Greek homos ever got around to it." -- Rev. Al Sharpton in a 1994 speech at Kean College, NJ, cited in "Democrats Do the Dumbest Things

"The white race is the cancer of human history." -- Susan Sontag

"Reparations are a really good way for white people to admit they're wrong." -- Zack Webb, University Of Kentucky NAACP

Wow Democrat's... We Hardly Knew Ya! -

Hey Redfish: Tel us again about how the

15th Amendment provided for "the right to vote for all"

:lol:

Two of the above quotes struck me as ironic:

"Reparations are a really good way for white people to admit they're wrong." -- Zack Webb, University Of Kentucky NAACP

"I want to go up to the closest white person and say: 'You can't understand this, it's a black thing' and then slap him, just for my mental health."

-- Charles Barron, a New York city councilman at a reparations rally, 2002

I just wonder if reparations are ever paid will it be the DNC paying that debt? I can see leaving the Republican party but going to the party of slavery? Really? There was no better option?

yes, actually

you forgot the southern strategy and the shift in party bases during the FDR era

I assume you believe in all myths.

Oh gosh you get the Canard Award.

The Myth of ‘the Southern Strategy’

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/12/10/magazine/10Section2b.t-4.html?_r=0

It’s an easy story to believe, but this year two political scientists called it into question. In their book “The End of Southern Exceptionalism,” Richard Johnston of the University of Pennsylvania and Byron Shafer of the University of Wisconsin argue that the shift in the South from Democratic to Republican was overwhelmingly a question not of race but of economic growth. In the postwar era, they note, the South transformed itself from a backward region to an engine of the national economy, giving rise to a sizable new wealthy suburban class. This class, not surprisingly, began to vote for the party that best represented its economic interests: the G.O.P. Working-class whites, however — and here’s the surprise — even those in areas with large black populations, stayed loyal to the Democrats. (This was true until the 90s, when the nation as a whole turned rightward in Congressional voting.)
omg 2 people decided to contest what basically everyone else is saying, I better believe it to be perfectly correct!!! rather than dispute the fact that the southern strategy existed, it states that people did not switch because of the southern strategy, but rather because of economic beliefs

either way, democrats did embrace the civil rights movement for blacks in the 50s and 60s, basically invalidating the entire argument that the modern Democratic Party is the racist party
Freewilligan should have told the last two RNC chairmen how they didn't have to apologize for the Southern Strategy.

After all, it didn't happen.

Certainly that was the intent if one considers race as everyone.

15th Amendment

The 15th Amendment was written to protect the right of citizens to be able to vote, regardless of their race, color, or previous condition of servitude. Although this article promised a lot for African Americans of the time, states and local polls found loop holes in the legislation to prevent them from voting. De jure segregation continued to oppose African Americans from gaining a strong hold in politics. Poll taxes were used to discourage poor races from voting, along with literacy tests made it difficult. Property qualifications made it a requirement to own property in order to be able to vote. It wasn't until nearly 95 years later that the Voting Rights Act of 1965 was passed, which enforced the promises of the 15th Amendment, along with the 24th Amendment, which banned the poll tax from being required to vote.

The 15th Amendment was ratified in 1970 after almost 1 year of deciding after the proposal of it February 26, 1869. Michigan was the 5th state to ratify the 15th amendment, while Tennessee was the latest to sign it in 1997.

Source:
"Ratification of Constitutional Amendments", U.S. Constitution Online

Of course now we know it still didn't protect blacks. The democrats were still able to block them by voting through poll taxes, Jim Crow a host of other dirty legislation to block the black freedom.

Certainly that was the intent if one considers race as everyone.

15th Amendment
<c&p snipped>

Of course now we know it still didn't protect blacks. The democrats were still able to block them by voting through poll taxes, Jim Crow a host of other dirty legislation to block the black freedom.
Hey Mr. Serial Cut 'n Paster -- how about you think a little further on that one.

Anyone else excluded re: the 15th Amendment? Think hard. Think real hard.

Last edited:
Freewilligan should have told the last two RNC chairmen how they didn't have to apologize for the Southern Strategy.

After all, it didn't happen.

I will admit they were asses for apologizing for something that didn't happen. That is the problem with the Republican party right now they are trying their hardest, for some reason, to be Democrats. BTW where is the appolgy for slavery from the DNC?

IF Nixon waged the Soutern Stratergy as that idiot is appolgizing for then certainly the racists didn't get their money's worth:

Things Nixon did concerning race:

Among the significant actions taken by President Nixon to benefit minorities was increasing the budget for civil rights programs. From 1969 &#8211; 1972 the funds were increased from 75 million to more than 600 million.

President Nixon initiated the Emergency School Act with 1,500,000 to help end school segregation and pay for promotion of interracial experiences among children where racial isolation existed.

The Department of Defense initiated actions to overcome off-base discrimination against black military personnel.

President Nixon issued an Executive Order calling on Federal agencies to apply Equal Opportunity (EO) policies to every aspect of personnel policies and practices.

President Nixon allocated 12 million dollars for Sickle Cell research. This disease afflicts one out of every 500 black children.

From 1969 to 1971, the government&#8217;s Federal purchases from black businesses increased to 142,000,000 from 13,000,000.

In 1969 President Nixon issued an Executive order creating an Office of Minority Business Enterprise in the Department of Commerce.

The Nixon Administration requested legislation to extend the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission&#8217;s (EEOC) authority to the state and local level. Most importantly, President Nixon mandated that federal contractors must comply with equal employment opportunity laws.

This initiative, known as &#8220;The Philadelphia Plan&#8221;, led to the dismantling of institutionalized racism in labor unions which excluded minorities from skilled trades. The Administration was the first to institute plans to increase job opportunities for minorities in the construction industry. The President, however, did more than just order others to hire minorities. He took the lead by appointing what was then a record number of African-Americans within his Administration. To alleviate racial strife within the military, he founded a race relations school, a bold concept which served as a precursor to today&#8217;s diversity programs.

President Nixon believed that education could be a great equalizer. To enhance equal educational opportunity in our nation&#8217;s colleges and universities, he used both the carrot and the stick. For example, the Internal Revenue Service prohibited tax deductions for contributions to segregated schools. On the other hand, from 1969 to 1973, federal aid to predominantly black colleges and universities more than doubled to $200 million as a result of the Administration&#8217;s efforts to level the playing field between historically black colleges and major colleges. For schools with more than 50 per-cent of students below the poverty line, the Administration waived the requirement to secure matching funds to qualify for work-study grants. This waiver was a boon for black colleges and universities.

Robert Brown: President Nixon Strong on Civil Rights - Richard Nixon Foundation

Forum List

Back