🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Ray Rice Is having his life assaulted by NFL!

If Ray Rice had been white and made a racial slur no one would be complaining of a lifetime ban for something he said. As a private organization the NFL could punish players any way they see fit. Just like the NBA did. The NFL does not lose the right to deal with players just because the player is black and the crime is domestic violence.

When we hit it's because we're flustered and can't think of something better. But when someone's being irrational and screaming in your face, and you're literally trapped in an elevator with them, of your available options...:)

Jay Z had no problem dealing with Solange Knowles like a man.

Now we know why domestic violence is so prevalent. What a scary phenomenon. The prevailing message seems to be she deserved to be knocked out and dragged face first from an elevator. Too bad he didn't turn her over so her face could be seen. Maybe then it would sink in as to what he did to her.
I am so glad I didn't have girls.

People lose their jobs for embarassing their employers all the time. People lose their jobs for stating their position on homosexual marriage if it is the wrong position, or making racist comments, and that is a good business decision, but knocking someone out cold is somehow different?

Despite what the NFL said, his penalty is because the video came out, not because of the assault. The same as the racist team owner. The NFL needed to protect themselves or they would have suffered the fallout. I don't see how they could do anything differently. People are outraged over the video.

Indefinite does not mean permanent. If public outrage dies down enough, or the wife can sway it enough, he will be back. If the people don't get over it; however, how can you blame the NFL for protecting their asses?

People lose their jobs for embarassing their employers all the time. People lose their jobs for stating their position on homosexual marriage if it is the wrong position, or making racist comments, and that is a good business decision, but knocking someone out cold is somehow different?

Despite what the NFL said, his penalty is because the video came out, not because of the assault. The same as the racist team owner. The NFL needed to protect themselves or they would have suffered the fallout. I don't see how they could do anything differently. People are outraged over the video.

Indefinite does not mean permanent. If public outrage dies down enough, or the wife can sway it enough, he will be back. If the people don't get over it; however, how can you blame the NFL for protecting their asses?
Next they'll be pressuring the Redskins to change their name or wearing green to recognize Global Warming , or wearing pacifist blue to celebrate the UN.

Let's be honest here.
Even if the NFL were to lift the ban on Rice.....which it never will.....say in a couple of years by then Rice couldn't get a job on any 'practise squad'.
He career such as it was is over now.
Had he been at the beginning of his football career and HAD he been seen to be a great potential rising star the NFL would have had him back next season.
It's a win-win for the NFL. They get to "send a strong message" about domestic violence. Remember about half the NFL fans are women.
The NFL get's rid of a fucking coward thug.

He beat her down. If he lost control like that once he can do it again.

Society in general, and the NFL in particular, has no business rewarding that behavior. He should be behind bars, whether his wife presses charges or not.
You cannot be convicted for what you might do in the future.

No you cannot be convicted in a court of law for what you might do. But a private organization can certainly use your prior acts as the basis for deciding they no longer want you working for them.
Yet they allowed Michael Vick to come back, and he committed felonies and did time for it. What he did to those poor animals is much worse than hitting his wife for spitting on him.

If I were one of the people who thought Vick should be allowed back, you might have a point. I didn't, so you don't.

How to mishandle domestic assault in the NFL 101.

Why it needed to be addressed:

1. Domestic violence is wrong.
2. NFL players are role models, they need to set the bar high.
3. It was very public.
4. The NFL needs to grow viewership with women.

I'd just like to point out that Janay Rice is being victimized by exactly those who claim to be defending her! Her husband will be losing millions of dollars - some of which would have been sent her way.

Bet some folks said the same thing about Rae Carruth's child who was never born — before his mother and he were murdered.

Just sayin'.

Society in general, and the NFL in particular, has no business rewarding that behavior. He should be behind bars, whether his wife presses charges or not.

If he hit her once, he'll hit her again.

He's a common thug, a criminal and a bully.

He brought this on himself. Why doesn't the OP think he should take responsible for his own actions?

There's really only one reason why anyone would defend domestic violence - they themselves are either guilty of it or would not hesitate to hit a woman.

I'd love to see an honest poll that asked the questions,

Do you side with Ray Rice?
Do you hit your wife?

I'd just like to point out that Janay Rice is being victimized by exactly those who claim to be defending her! Her husband will be losing millions of dollars - some of which would have been sent her way.
Nah, when she innevitably divorces this piece of shit wife beater, this will help win her extra money on the divorce settlement.

Blood from a turnip.

If Ray Rice is unemployed/underemployed her divorce decree would be worthless.

Best scenario?

Ray Rice gets a reasonable punishment which allows him to finish his career on the field.

This over-reaction based on superficial info and jumping to conclusions and knee jerk reactions and all is a sign of Liberalitis.

All of this reeks of the Liberal style of mis-management.

If he hit her once, he'll hit her again.

He's a common thug, a criminal and a bully.

He brought this on himself. Why doesn't the OP think he should take responsible for his own actions?

How many positives can be drawn from or created from this entire matter?

Your idea would accomplish but ONE goal:

Punishing Rice.

But what would be the net effect of this?

Negatives results are far more likely with your attitude.

In fact, the Liberal foundation and framework of this public lynching virtually guarantees that everyone and everything will be worse off for the Liberal's knee-jerk, reactionary, emotions-led handling of this matter.

Why don't you all, first, try imagining what the best possible desired result from this could, might and should be?

Then draw up the punitive actions or sentence.

So, you are for a lifetime sentence for striking your wife?

Take care. This reply in no way condones the actions of girly-men who can only feel big by hitting women, but I am asking you if you think that the punishment for such an act should be life in prison.

I see no problem with an organization deciding that they will not associate themselves with such behavior.

No one has said anything about life in prison. He has been told he cannot play in the NFL. There is a huge difference.
A lifetime ban and a life prison sentence. In both cases, the punishment is extreme.

Answer the question. Should a person be sentenced to life in prison for striking their wife? Or better yet, striking their spouse, as women do hit first in some situations.

A lifetime ban from the NFL is not even close to the same as a life sentence in prison. No, I will not answer this strawman lunacy.
I see.

So, you just want to rave along in your own little world. Its okay with Me.

However, here is My take on this, and you don't even have to answer since you don't want to be bothered with being honest or interested in a discussion on the merits of appropriate punishment.

I think that Rice should have done jail time. Given that spousal abuse is a crime, I think he should have done 18 to 36 months in county lockup for assault. If he behaves, then he can be paroled but will have to attend mandatory anger management classes along with substance abuse classes if it is determined he was intoxicated during this event.

Upon completion of these requirements, his 'debt' will have been paid and he is free to go on with his life.

The NFL should do exactly the same thing, concurrently with the New Jersey penal system. I would ban him for thee length of his incarceration and not permit him to return to football until AFTER he has paid his debt and taken the anger management classes, successfully.

That is appropriate and fair.

This other nonsense is just more bovine excrement by people who think with their hormones and not their brains.

Something that Ray Rice was likely doing at the time.

Oh I am happy to discuss the issue. I just refuse to answer your slanted strawman question.

I agree that Rice should have done jail time. But the NFL gets to choose its own rules for how criminal behavior is dealt with. The image of the entire organization is effected by individual players.
Like I said. There was no need to reply. You're not a serious thinker or person. Just another person who makes hasty judgements based upon how they feel.

Have a nice day.

LMAO!! Oh, since I refuse to consider a sentence of life in prison as the equivalent of a ban from the NFL, I am not a serious thinker or person? lol Someday when you grow up you will, hopefully, see the folly in that statement.

Have a nice day.
The NFL is turning into MSNFL

GREAT line!

Now we know why domestic violence is so prevalent. What a scary phenomenon. The prevailing message seems to be she deserved to be knocked out and dragged face first from an elevator. Too bad he didn't turn her over so her face could be seen. Maybe then it would sink in as to what he did to her.
I am so glad I didn't have girls.

Let's be clear.

She was knocked out when she hit her head on the handrail.

He didn't beat her down, as such.

He hit her, she fell and hit her head, which K.O.'ed her.

Putting him in prison won't prevent him from losing control again.

If she did the same to me I might have reacted as he did.

But I have a clean criminal record.

The young man made a mistake.

Answer me this: Taking him out of his only profession and making him live as best he can with his non-football playing job skills is more likely or less likely to push him toward a life of crime?

People make mistakes all the time.
And people pay for them.

To answer your question, neither. He was paid very handsomely for his services. Besides if he was in prison (where he belongs for assault) it would be a moot point.

Forum List

Back