Religion of peace via their man made "submission" strikes again

The point I was making is that Jesus' message is so poor (despite him and his dad being all-powerful, supposedly!) that most people (71% of all humanity!) don't believe that he's even divine. Scientific Humanism doesn't ask you to believe in unscientific things, nor to believe that a person who accepted slavery was all-knowing, of course. I hope that makes sense.

Have a great day.

"Scientific Humanism doesn't ask you to believe in unscientific things..."

I posted this yesterday....
Atheism is contrary to reason.

There is a strong current of atheism, due largely to the strength of Marxism in our society, under which some 'scientists' actually claim that the universe was created out of nothing.....NOTHING.

There is prominent scientist, Lawrence Krauss, "... an American theoretical physicistandcosmologist...known as an advocate of the public understanding of science, ...and works to reduce the impact of superstition and religious dogma in pop culture. He is also the author of several bestselling books, includingThe Physics of Star Trek and A Universe from Nothing."
Lawrence M. Krauss - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Krauss has said "we all, literally, emerged from quantum nothingness..."
Clearly an attempt to avoid the central question of where did the universe come from. Where are the quantum rules that imply a universe that must appear out of the void? Can any come up with a few examples where something has come from nothing?

Krauss, like similar 'scientists,' wants to avoid seeking the fundamental question about the origin of the universe
Of course, the ancient Greek, Parmenides, was correct: nihil fit ex nihilo... "out of nothing, nothing [be]comes."

"Leibniz thought that the fact that there is something and not nothing requires an explanation. The explanation he gave was that God wanted to create a universe – the best one possible – which makes God the simple reason that there is something rather than nothing."
Why is there something rather than nothing?

Have a greater day.
Krauss and Dawkins are New Atheists. We are Scientific Humanists. We bring forward parts of Buddhism, parts of Christianity, Islam, etc.,...and yes, parts of New Atheism. We strive to have a more positive message than Dawkins et al who are often perceived as "mean". Dawkins is AGAINST theism (he wears an "A" on his lapel - "A" means "non", what he's NOT). However we are FOR Scientific Humanism. He never really says that good parts of religions exist - we believe they do. The attitude is different. Time will show that more clearly.

Have an even greater greater day. :)

Did I miss your quote of Jesus demanding the killing of gays, or anyone else?

Or....are you simply our best sourced of Greenhouse Gases?
Scientific Humanists, if they were in Jesus' shoes, because we love humanity so much, and have a strong sense of fairness (gays aren't hurting you), would have spoken up w/in the last 2000 years and said that the bible was wrong to say to kill gays, and that they don't get to heaven (god/Jesus control access to heaven), and that he was wrong to not have spoken up for gay rights....can we agree that that would be the best day, PChic? If not, then could I invite you to a more loving belief system where you can answer "yes" to that question. Thanks.

So....we agree that Jesus never said what you've suggested?

Excellent...we can proceed, brick by brick.

"...because we love humanity...."

Very close to what has been true of Leftists forever: they love humanity, but hate people.
We of course don't "hate people".......if it was up to you, PChic, would you let ethical hardworking Buddhists into heaven and avoid hell? You know what Scientific Humanists would do, of course - because like I just said, we don't "hate people". Would you let them in PChic? If not, then hopefully we can open your heart enough so that you can join us in "loving everybody, equally".

I've enjoyed our chats.

man-beach-love-sand8.png

The point I was making is that Jesus' message is so poor (despite him and his dad being all-powerful, supposedly!) that most people (71% of all humanity!) don't believe that he's even divine. Scientific Humanism doesn't ask you to believe in unscientific things, nor to believe that a person who accepted slavery was all-knowing, of course. I hope that makes sense.

Have a great day.

There is a strong current of atheism, due largely to the strength of Marxism in our society, under which some 'scientists' actually claim that the universe was created out of nothing.....NOTHING.

There is prominent scientist, Lawrence Krauss, "... an American theoretical physicistandcosmologist...known as an advocate of the public understanding of science, ...and works to reduce the impact of superstition and religious dogma in pop culture. He is also the author of several bestselling books, includingThe Physics of Star Trek and A Universe from Nothing."

Clearly an attempt to avoid the central question of where did the universe come from. Where are the quantum rules that imply a universe that must appear out of the void? Can any come up with a few examples where something has come from nothing?

Krauss, like similar 'scientists,' wants to avoid seeking the fundamental question about the origin of the universe
Of course, the ancient Greek, Parmenides, was correct: nihil fit ex nihilo... "out of nothing, nothing [be]comes."

"Leibniz thought that the fact that there is something and not nothing requires an explanation. The explanation he gave was that God wanted to create a universe – the best one possible – which makes God the simple reason that there is something rather than nothing."

Have a greater day.
Krauss and Dawkins are New Atheists. We are Scientific Humanists. We bring forward parts of Buddhism, parts of Christianity, Islam, etc.,...and yes, parts of New Atheism. We strive to have a more positive message than Dawkins et al who are often perceived as "mean". Dawkins is AGAINST theism (he wears an "A" on his lapel - "A" means "non", what he's NOT). However we are FOR Scientific Humanism. He never really says that good parts of religions exist - we believe they do. The attitude is different. Time will show that more clearly.

Scientific Humanists, if they were in Jesus' shoes, because we love humanity so much, and have a strong sense of fairness (gays aren't hurting you), would have spoken up w/in the last 2000 years and said that the bible was wrong to say to kill gays, and that they don't get to heaven (god/Jesus control access to heaven), and that he was wrong to not have spoken up for gay rights....can we agree that that would be the best day, PChic? If not, then could I invite you to a more loving belief system where you can answer "yes" to that question. Thanks.

Very close to what has been true of Leftists forever: they love humanity, but hate people.
We ideally don't stake out a political opinion, as such, as we want all political persuasions to be able to embrace our new overall belief system.

Have a greater day.

Not to put you down, but please do realize that because you (twice) couldn't answer that question with a "yes" reply, that Scientific Humanism has moved to a more loving plane that you exist on - because it of course would indeed be best for the world if Jesus did those things (said that the Bible's kill gay wording was wrong, and that gays can't get into heaven was wrong, and that Jesus was wrong to never have spoken up for gay rights.)

I'm showing you a more loving way, that's best for the world, that is less hateful (Lev 20:13 says to kill gays), and that will bring LGBT and non-LGBT together like the world has never seen before.....that can only be a GOOD thing, PChic. We care for you as much as we care for LGBT folks, so it's not like we are supremacists. "Love gays equally".

Have a great afternoon.

As we have just proven you to be both biased and full of hot air.....why are you back?

It appears you have a need to answer the insecurities you have about your own choices.
True?

Not to put you down, but please do realize that because you (twice) couldn't answer that question with a "yes" reply, that Scientific Humanism has moved to a more loving plane that you exist on - because it of course would indeed be best for the world if Jesus did those things (said that the Bible's kill gay wording was wrong, and that gays can't get into heaven was wrong, and that Jesus was wrong to never have spoken up for gay rights.)

I'm showing you a more loving way, that's best for the world, that is less hateful (Lev 20:13 says to kill gays), and that will bring LGBT and non-LGBT together like the world has never seen before.....that can only be a GOOD thing, PChic. We care for you as much as we care for LGBT folks, so it's not like we are supremacists. "Love gays equally".

Have a great afternoon.

As we have just proven you to be both biased and full of hot air.....why are you back?

It appears you have a need to answer the insecurities you have about your own choices.
True?
I believe in you, I believe that you can love as much as we do and answer "yes" to that question: "if they were in Jesus' shoes would have spoken up w/in the last 2000 years and said that the bible was wrong to say to kill gays, and that they don't get to heaven (god/Jesus control access to heaven), and that you (Jesus) was wrong to not have spoken up for gay rights?"

I can't imagine a loving, caring, all-knowing god (if any) would punish you for answering "yes" to this question. In fact, it might be risky to NOT be able to find the love to answer "yes" to this question. If there is such an after-life judge, would he not be loving, and punish you for not being loving as well?

Have a great week.

Have a great afternoon.

True?
I believe in you, I believe that you can love as much as we do and answer "yes" to that question: "if they were in Jesus' shoes would have spoken up w/in the last 2000 years and said that the bible was wrong to say to kill gays, and that they don't get to heaven (god/Jesus control access to heaven), and that you (Jesus) was wrong to not have spoken up for gay rights?"

I can't imagine a loving, caring, all-knowing god (if any) would punish you for answering "yes" to this question. In fact, it might be risky to NOT be able to find the love to answer "yes" to this question. If there is such an after-life judge, would he not be loving, and punish you for not being loving as well?

Have a great week.

Seems you have yet to come to terms with your own doubts.

It's a start.

Have a great afternoon.

True?

Have a great week.

It's a start.
Since you steadfastly refuse to answer "yes" to that question (reprinted below for clarity), you might want to, so you end up loving gays as much as Scientific Humanists do, simply go out and meet more LGBT people. They are great folks.

Also, here's a list of famous LGBT people - glance down some pages, and I bet you'll find some people that you admire, and that should help your heart grow bigger when it comes to these people. I believe in you! List of gay, lesbian or bisexual people - Wikipedia

"if they were in Jesus' shoes would have spoken up w/in the last 2000 years and said that the bible was wrong to say to kill gays, and that they don't get to heaven (god/Jesus control access to heaven), and that you (Jesus) was wrong to not have spoken up for gay rights?"

Have a great afternoon.

True?

Have a great week.

It's a start.
I'd love to understand why you harbor so much hatred towards LGBT (look, you can believe what you want, it's a free country, I still care about you.) Keep in mind that just because all 3 of the main Abrahamic faiths teach hatred towards those that are different (gays, non-believers) doesn't mean that you can't embrace the good parts of those religions, and jettison the bad parts - that's part of what Scientific Humanists do. Buy into the love of those religions, but don't bring forward the hatred.
Can you tell us?

Have a great afternoon.

True?

Have a great week.

It's a start.
I'd love to understand why you harbor so much hatred towards LGBT (look, you can believe what you want, it's a free country, I still care about you.) Keep in mind that just because all 3 of the main Abrahamic faiths teach hatred towards those that are different (gays, non-believers) doesn't mean that you can't embrace the good parts of those religions, and jettison the bad parts - that's part of what Scientific Humanists do. Buy into the love of those religions, but don't bring forward the hatred.
Can you tell us?

Let's review:
1. You wouldn't respond to how the universe was created
2. You didn't provide any quotes of Jesus demanding the killing you've suggested
3. You exude bias in every post
4.You lie...."you harbor so much hatred towards LGBT"
5. In all, you're a great spokesperson for whatever cult you're pushing
If you were an undertaker, people would stop dying.

Have a great afternoon.

True?

Have a great week.

It's a start.
Can you tell us?

Let's review:
2. You didn't provide any quotes of Jesus demanding the killing you've suggested
I believe in you - some day you'll find it in your heart to answer "yes" to that gay-loving question. I know it.

If I was wrong and "you [DON'T] harbor so much hatred towards LGBT" then I'm pretty sure that you could answer "yes" to the question, no? That seems reasonable, but if I'm wrong then please tell me where.
Thanks.

True?

Have a great week.

It's a start.
Can you tell us?

Let's review:
I believe in you - some day you'll find it in your heart to answer "yes" to that gay-loving question. I know it.

If I was wrong and "you [DON'T] harbor so much hatred towards LGBT" then I'm pretty sure that you could answer "yes" to the question, no? That seems reasonable, but if I'm wrong then please tell me where.
Thanks.

Did you find that quote for me yet...where Jesus demands the killing of gays?

Not yet?

Keep looking.

(It's the old 'how to keep an idiot busy' from junior high)

Have a great week.

It's a start.
Can you tell us?

Let's review:

Thanks.

Not yet?

Keep looking.

If he was as loving as Scientific Humanists he would have, in 2000 years, condemned the writings in the main book about HIM (the Bible) that say to KILL gays, of course. Expect more from a person who claims to be all-knowing. He'd have spoken up for gay rights - he claimed to be a moral teacher. Expect more from a person who claims to be all-knowing. He's also have clarified, or changed, the policy in Romans that says gays can't get into heaven. Expect more from a person who claims to be all-knowing.

See, if I can't find a quote of Hitler's were he specifically says "gas all the Jews!", it doesn't absolve Hitler, of course.

You agree with the policy of keeping gays out of heaven, and sending them to hell, or do you feel that the Bible got that dead wrong, like Scientific Humanists do? I think you fully agree with the policy, but are trying to get out on a technicality (such as "Hitler did not say to gas all the Jews!!!!")...see what I mean?

But I value our chats, and I'm learning things.

Take care.

Have a great week.

It's a start.
Can you tell us?

Let's review:

Thanks.

Not yet?

Keep looking.

We don't know 100% what "heaven/hell" (if any) is actually like regarding gays - because god/Jesus are not very good communicators - no one does....but can we at least agree that if, repeat if, hypothetically speaking, for argument's sake here, that if god/Jesus send gays to hell even if they are moral people that you, like Scientific Humanists, would condemn god/Jesus in no uncertain terms? Can we agree on that hypothetical?

You don't have to agree with us - but if you don't, then please realize that if you love people as much as we do that you'll eventually agree with us someday on that.
Thanks.

Have a great week.

It's a start.
Can you tell us?

Let's review:

Thanks.

Ideally we can respect other forum members enough on this forum to be positive and not call them names.

Have a great afternoon.

Have a great afternoon.

True?

Have a great week.

It's a start.
Can you tell us?

Let's review:
I'm hopeful that w/in the next 500 years or so that science will show us to a much higher level of certainty than what we know today. Patience, mi amigo, patience. We don't have to resort to fairy-tale-sounding ancient stories if we don't have all the answers right today.

It's a start.
Can you tell us?

Let's review:

Thanks.

Not yet?

Keep looking.

If he was as loving as Scientific Humanists he would have, in 2000 years, condemned the writings in the main book about HIM (the Bible) that say to KILL gays, of course. Expect more from a person who claims to be all-knowing. He'd have spoken up for gay rights - he claimed to be a moral teacher. Expect more from a person who claims to be all-knowing. He's also have clarified, or changed, the policy in Romans that says gays can't get into heaven. Expect more from a person who claims to be all-knowing.

See, if I can't find a quote of Hitler's were he specifically says "gas all the Jews!", it doesn't absolve Hitler, of course.

You agree with the policy of keeping gays out of heaven, and sending them to hell, or do you feel that the Bible got that dead wrong, like Scientific Humanists do? I think you fully agree with the policy, but are trying to get out on a technicality (such as "Hitler did not say to gas all the Jews!!!!")...see what I mean?

Take care.

Wait.....are you now admitting that Jesus never .....NEVER....said to kill gays????

But...but.......that was your whole argument!!!

How mean He is....how....what, bloodthirst.....and not nearly as noble as you are!

And you almost had me convinced.

Now it all falls apart.

Yer just a big fat ol' windbag!

It's a start.
Can you tell us?

Let's review:

Thanks.

Not yet?

Keep looking.

We don't know 100% what "heaven/hell" (if any) is actually like regarding gays - because god/Jesus are not very good communicators - no one does....but can we at least agree that if, repeat if, hypothetically speaking, for argument's sake here, that if god/Jesus send gays to hell even if they are moral people that you, like Scientific Humanists, would condemn god/Jesus in no uncertain terms? Can we agree on that hypothetical?

You don't have to agree with us - but if you don't, then please realize that if you love people as much as we do that you'll eventually agree with us someday on that.
Thanks.

Oh...wait....new argument, now that your old was was shredded....now you claim Jesus said he'd send gays to Hell?

If it's not asking too much.....could I see the quote?

It's a start.
Can you tell us?

Let's review:

Thanks.

Ideally we can respect other forum members enough on this forum to be positive and not call them names.

Have a great afternoon.

Names?

I accurately describe.

As I did you.

Can you tell us?

Let's review:

Thanks.

Not yet?

Keep looking.

Take care.

Wait.....are you now admitting that Jesus never .....NEVER....said to kill gays????

How mean He is....how....what, bloodthirst.....and not nearly as noble as you are!

And you almost had me convinced.

Now it all falls apart.

Yer just a big fat ol' windbag!
Since gays go to hell in Romans in the Bible, Jesus/god are in charge of that of course, and so that alone would lead one to believe that Jesus hates gays, and eternal torture in the supposed "after-life" would actually be WORSE (more hateful on Jesus' part) than "only" killing a gay person on earth in their lifetime on earth.

Can you tell us?

Let's review:

Thanks.

Not yet?

Keep looking.

Take care.

......!
No, that's not true.

Can you tell us?

Let's review:

Thanks.

Have a great afternoon.

Names?

I accurately describe.

As I did you.
"idiot", you said.

Forum List

Back