🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Reparations???

1964 -2019 equals 6 generations in your mind? Tell you what after 6 real generations all should be good. How about that?

1863 - 2019 equals six generations in anyone's mind.
True but blacks were oppressed by law until the civil rights act of 1964. Many are still alive today who experience that.

Virtually every group of immigrants have been oppressed. Most don't make a career out of it.

All my grandparents came here from Norway (3) or Denmark (1). My mother's mother came from Denmark around the turn of the last century with a 4th-grade education (probably equal to a master's degree today) and no money. None spoke English. All had to be sponsored by someone who agreed to support them if they did not get jobs. His first job was driving a horsedrawn milk wagon. There was no Social Security and they did not expect anything. "Granpop" ended up buying several apartment buildings which supported them when he retired from driving buses in Chicago and my grandmother until she passed at 102.

The difference? MOTIVATION!
None to the level of blacks. But I agree motivation and messaging need to be more focused on productivity and not as much about victimhood.

No that’s what YOU are saying not me, you often confuse the two and have a hard time understanding what I’m actually saying. A little advice, just read my words, they aren’t complicated. Save the interpretations, you are wrong more often than not.

And learn how to answer direct questions. You’ve dodged the majority of question I’ve asked you. Can’t respect that

View attachment 247992

When did you answer the opening question in the OP?

*****CHUCKLE*****

:)

Probably in my first post. I have no problem giving direct answers to direct questions. You should try it sometime.

images

Perhaps since I'm just so slow and to quote you an 'idiot' in your mind you should point out said answer out for all of us.

*****CHUCKLE*****

I’m not digging though pages of posts. Ask me a question and I’ll answer it

View attachment 248093

So now you're saying you're to lazy or (more likely>>>) that you never did post an answer to the opening OP question then you complain and become rude when your questions are only responded to with questions in turn..... Does that about sum it up?

*****CHUCKLE*****

No, I actually literally just said to ask me a question and I’m happy to answer. I dont even remember the OP question at this point. I dont dodge questions though so ask away. What do you want to know?

He sure as hell isn't making small business loans or grants available.

I know three people who have gotten small business loans in the last three months. All they needed was a good credit score and collateral. It is a far sight easier to get a loan these days than it was in the Obama era when money was really tight because few people dared risk much of anything. As for grants, anybody who needs a grant to go into business more often than not probably shouldn't go into business.

The best reparations are encouraging people to prepare themselves to succeed and have opportunity for them to do so. The government can do things that create such an environment and the current Administration is doing that like no other in my memory. But it is up to the people to take advantage of it. And those who keep telling them they are victims and they don't have opportunity etc. are doing them no favors.

Last edited:
I beg to differ. I own a small business and low interest no interest loans and also grants are completely unavailable.

Yea...you can get a loan at 6-10% or more.
Big deal. That's not all all what I am talking about

Virtually every group of immigrants have been oppressed. Most don't make a career out of it.

DId they endure slavery and the complete dissolution of their culture and families?

Did they deal with 100 years of Jim Crow laws?

No?

Oh

Do Irish/Polish/German/Italian folks get pulled over for driving while Irish/Polish/German/Italian?

Do white folks call the cops on them for bathing in a public pool, selling lemonade, barbecuing,golfing and on and on while Irish/Polish/German/Italian

Cause that happens to blacks pretty regularly

Do Irish/Polish/German/Italian folks get pulled over for driving while Irish/Polish/German/Italian?

Do white folks call the cops on them for bathing in a public pool, selling lemonade, barbecuing,golfing and on and on while Irish/Polish/German/Italian

upload_2019-2-28_14-49-21.jpeg

Where's all the loans, grants, and scholarships, that ONLY Irish/Polish/German/Italian folks, etc,... can apply for?

*****SMILE*****

View attachment 248183

Where's all the loans, grants, and scholarships, that ONLY Irish/Polish/German/Italian folks, etc,... can apply for?

*****SMILE*****

That's my point. They don't exist for ANYONE. Fix that and we're well on our way to not needed to even discuss reparations...whatever that loaded term actually means

Blacks want reparations and affirmative action and set asides, and dispensation to break the law.
Some do want some of that. Most don't and NO ONE is asking for "dispensation to break the law". The fact that you lower yourself into that kind of racist hyperbole says that you are not serious about this. You're just stirring shit

What we SHOULD be doing is making sure that

A. Voting rights are sacrosanct.

B.Education is funded properly

C/ Low interest/no interest loans and grants are available for start up businesses

And those things should be done across the board. Not based on race but they MUST be done.

And sadly Republicans are either actively against those things or simply not interested.

Do that and "reparations" have been addressed and everyone is better off.

I know three people who have gotten small business loans in the last three months. All they needed was a good credit score and collateral. It is a far sight easier to get a loan these days than it was in the Obama era when money was really tight because few people dared risk much of anything. As for grants, anybody who needs a grant to go into business more often than not probably shouldn't go into business.

The best reparations are encouraging people to prepare themselves to succeed and have opportunity for them to do so. The government can do things that create such an environment and the current Administration is doing that like no other in my memory. But it is up to the people to take advantage of it. And those who keep telling them they are victims and they don't have opportunity etc. are doing them no favors.

The thing is you can't encourage people to start a business unless it's really in their heart. If it is, they will find a way to open a business.

It's no different than trying to encourage somebody to play a sport, take up a musical instrument, or go to college. Not everybody are jocks, musicians or college material. Those that are will find a way to do it.

1964 -2019 equals 6 generations in your mind? Tell you what after 6 real generations all should be good. How about that?

True but blacks were oppressed by law until the civil rights act of 1964. Many are still alive today who experience that.

All my grandparents came here from Norway (3) or Denmark (1). My mother's mother came from Denmark around the turn of the last century with a 4th-grade education (probably equal to a master's degree today) and no money. None spoke English. All had to be sponsored by someone who agreed to support them if they did not get jobs. His first job was driving a horsedrawn milk wagon. There was no Social Security and they did not expect anything. "Granpop" ended up buying several apartment buildings which supported them when he retired from driving buses in Chicago and my grandmother until she passed at 102.

None to the level of blacks. But I agree motivation and messaging need to be more focused on productivity and not as much about victimhood.
I guess you forgot about jews, or youre just a very misinformed person.

The thing is you can't encourage people to start a business unless it's really in their heart. If it is, they will find a way to open a business.

It's no different than trying to encourage somebody to play a sport, take up a musical instrument, or go to college. Not everybody are jocks, musicians or college material. Those that are will find a way to do it.
right, so brainwashed functional moron Republicans believe you should make everything as difficult and expensive as possible for the non-rich, all to save the greedy idiot GOP mega rich from paying their fair share. After 35 years of that garbage, we have the worst inequality and upward Mobility ever and in the modern world. Great job scumbag GOP and silly dupes like you.

I guess you forgot about jews, or youre just a very misinformed person.
G, I wonder what could be different between blacks and Italians Irish Germans Jews etc etc... GOP institutional racism and ignorant racist rubes by any stretch of the imagination LOL?

I agree, none to the level of blacks. But who is at fault? How has playing the victim, especially since the early 60s, worked out so far?

I beg to differ. I own a small business and low interest no interest loans and also grants are completely unavailable.

Yea...you can get a loan at 6-10% or more.
Big deal. That's not all all what I am talking about

Try a search on Bing for small business loans.

Oh wait, you don't really give a rip, your goal is to be the leader of the Trolls here on USMB. Considering your competition, that's going to be tough but you're coming along fine. You're probably gaining on but haven't reached the lofty peaks of francoHFW nor danielpalos as yet.

G, I wonder what could be different between blacks and Italians Irish Germans Jews etc etc... GOP institutional racism and ignorant racist rubes by any stretch of the imagination LOL?

Simple, their leaders weren't out there working daily to convince them they were victims and it wasn't their fault if they didn't get a job.

NINA-S.jpg

good to know that racism against blacks doesn't exist LOL, despite many surveys showing it's an absolute disgrace...

Simple, their leaders weren't out there working daily to convince them they were victims and it wasn't their fault if they didn't get a job.

NINA-S.jpg
Good to know that racism no longer exists, despite science that shows discrimination in the United States is a disgrace. Who cares about evidence and science though, right?

Blacks want reparations and affirmative action and set asides, and dispensation to break the law.
Some do want some of that. Most don't and NO ONE is asking for "dispensation to break the law". The fact that you lower yourself into that kind of racist hyperbole says that you are not serious about this. You're just stirring shit

What we SHOULD be doing is making sure that

A. Voting rights are sacrosanct.

B.Education is funded properly

C/ Low interest/no interest loans and grants are available for start up businesses

And those things should be done across the board. Not based on race but they MUST be done.

And sadly Republicans are either actively against those things or simply not interested.

Do that and "reparations" have been addressed and everyone is better off.

A, B, and, C have all been accomplished for many years.

Black%20Family%20collapse-S.jpg

Forum List

Back