🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Republicans :Don't Say Gay Goes National

Then why do you need me to paste the text when all you have to do is look up the section I referenced?
That is not how it works. You need to back up what you say. You look a little more stupid, if possible, every time you reply.

That is not how it works. You need to back up what you say. You look a little more stupid, if possible, every time you reply.
I provided exactly what was asked for assuming the other poster is telling the truth.

Did you read it?

It’s never been that way.

Do you even have kids?

What do you mean it's never been that way? It was that way the entire time I went to school. Our teachers didn't have pictures of their family on their desk, outside of a wedding ring I'd never know if they were married or not, I might have had a gay teacher and never known about it because they never discussed such things. So no, you are wrong. It has been that way.

What do you mean it's never been that way? It was that way the entire time I went to school. Our teachers didn't have pictures of their family on their desk, outside of a wedding ring I'd never know if they were married or not, I might have had a gay teacher and never known about it because they never discussed such things. So no, you are wrong. It has been that way.
Schools have always taught values in one way or another. They've been especially concerned with promoting American values and ethics. Schools have always been teaching kids how to behave in society. How to get along with others.

In my school, teachers were a part of the community. We knew them and their families. Spouses were often other teachers. Their kids were often our classmates.

Conservatives are rewriting history to facilitate their bigotry.

What this bill does is bar gay teachers from even mentioning the fact that they are gay.. mentioning their same sex spouses, even having a picture of their loved one on their desk

I didn't see that part in the bill. I suppose I could've missed it, but I haven't seen that.

For opponents of the bill, why do you think federal funds should be used to develop, implement, facilitate, and/or fund sexually-oriented programs, events, or literature for children under the age of 10?

The only sexual knowledge a 9 year old boy needs to have is that girls have cooties...

I didn't see that part in the bill. I suppose I could've missed it, but I haven't seen that.

For opponents of the bill, why do you think federal funds should be used to develop, implement, facilitate, and/or fund sexually-oriented programs, events, or literature for children under the age of 10?

The only sexual knowledge a 9 year old boy needs to have is that girls have cooties...
Because saying that some families have two dads has nothing to do with sexual knowledge.

Because saying that some families have two dads has nothing to do with sexual knowledge.

Why is it important for a six year old to be told that some families have two dads? Do you honestly think a six year old could truly comprehend what that means?

And how do you go about explaining that when the six year old asks "Which one has the baby?" You simply can't answer that without discussing sex.

But, hey, it's fine. Let's go with what you say.

Are you content with limiting it to that?

Why is it important for a six year old to be told that some families have two dads? Do you honestly think a six year old could truly comprehend what that means?
Because some families have two dads and their kids might be in their classroom and that’s okay.

Kids know what families are, do they not? I don’t know what you mean about “truly comprehend” or why it’s important.

Because some families have two dads and their kids might be in their classroom and that’s okay.

Kids know what families are, do they not? I don’t know what you mean about “truly comprehend” or why it’s important.

I notice you cowardly avoided the questions I asked you.

Let's try again:

First, how do you go about explaining that when the six year old asks "Which one has the baby?" You simply can't answer that without discussing sex.

Second, would you be content with limiting the discussion to simply "Little Bobby has two Dads" and nothing more?

I notice you cowardly avoided the questions I asked you.

Let's try again:

First, how do you go about explaining that when the six year old asks "Which one has the baby?" You simply can't answer that without discussing sex.

Second, would you be content with limiting the discussion to simply "Little Bobby has two Dads" and nothing more?
You say they're both men so neither has a baby. They can either not have babies or they can adopt babies from other couples. I have no idea why you think you'd have to involve sex in the conversation.

I don't know what you mean by "nothing more" because as long as kids know that gay people exist and it's not a big deal, I think that's reasonable for little kids. It's really not that hard or big of a deal. But as you see, it does anger some conservatives.

You say they're both men so neither has a baby.

That will lead to the inevitable "Then why did they get married if they can't have babies? If they can't get pregnant, how can one be the daddy?"

They can either not have babies or they can adopt babies from other couples. I have no idea why you think you'd have to involve sex in the conversation.

Because, at some point, the question will come up, and it's ignorant to believe it won't...

I don't know what you mean by "nothing more"

That's sad, because I'm intentionally keeping it ridiculously simple for you.

because as long as kids know that gay people exist and it's not a big deal,

No, now you've gone beyond the "nothing more" part.

Tell the kids that Little Bobby has two dads and then leave it alone. You don't get to tell the kid about being gay or straight. All you get to say is that the kid has two dads.

Would you be okay with that?

I think that's reasonable for little kids. It's really not that hard or big of a deal. But as you see, it does anger some conservatives.

At such a young age, the schools should be teaching readin', writin' and 'rithmatic. Period. Anything else should be dealt with in the home. Why? Because it's the job of the parents, not some public school teacher who might actually have some agenda...

That will lead to the inevitable "Then why did they get married if they can't have babies? If they can't get pregnant, how can one be the daddy?"
That's not inevitable at all, but it's also very easily answerable. They got married because they love each other. Kids understand that marriage is about love.
Because, at some point, the question will come up, and it's ignorant to believe it won't...
Since kids don't know anything about sex, it won't come up. You're stretching.
That's sad, because I'm intentionally keeping it ridiculously simple for you.
You're keeping it vague.
No, now you've gone beyond the "nothing more" part.

Tell the kids that Little Bobby has two dads and then leave it alone. You don't get to tell the kid about being gay or straight. All you get to say is that the kid has two dads.

Would you be okay with that?
Does the word gay trigger you?
At such a young age, the schools should be teaching readin', writin' and 'rithmatic. Period. Anything else should be dealt with in the home. Why? Because it's the job of the parents, not some public school teacher who might actually have some agenda...
Nonsense. At a young age, kids are learning tons about the world. Social development at these ages is a huge part of their education and increasingly critical in a country where community has been continually de-emphasized.

I must be doing great if a miserable troll like you thinks that about me.
You’re the one who’s all for talking about sex with an 8 year old. The fact that you think that’s normal and okay makes you a very sick deranged person. You’re burying yourself deeper and deeper. Go try to talk to somebody’s 8 year old about sex and see what happens to you.

That's not inevitable at all, but it's also very easily answerable. They got married because they love each other. Kids understand that marriage is about love.

The problem is that they understand that marriage is about love between a man and a woman. Why? Because that's their experience. That's all they know...

Since kids don't know anything about sex, it won't come up. You're stretching.

I don't think I've ever met a eight year old kid who doesn't know that Mommy has the babies.

It's not a stretch at all. What is the belief that you might have the balls to actually address it...

You're keeping it vague.

I guess I'm not really surprised that you can't grasp simple concepts...

Does the word gay trigger you?

That's a pretty fucking stupid thing to say.

I'm not "anti gay" at all. I'm in favor of gay marriage. But I'm an adult, and I understand what that means and what that could entail. An eight year old? Not so much...

Nonsense. At a young age, kids are learning tons about the world. Social development at these ages is a huge part of their education and increasingly critical in a country where community has been continually de-emphasized.

So, earlier, you say the topic won't come up, and now you're saying that they're learning tons about the world.

Which is it?

Why is it important to you that someone other than a parent be permitted to have these discussions with little kids? Would you let me have these conversations with your kids? I don't think you would, and you shouldn't, for the simple reason that it's a conversation that YOU should be having with your kid.

Anyone who supports this bullshit should be considered a threat and treated as such...

Forum List

Back