🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Republicans :Don't Say Gay Goes National

Of course we send kids to school to teach them values. We always have.

It’s essential to the nation that we do so.

Do you think you're talking to some foreigner or something? I went to school, I know what small children are taught and supposed to be taught. My values may be different than yours. Your values may be different than another member here. Values are not written in stone; this value is good, this value is bad, and schools do not get to make that determination.

“Tell that kid to stop ranting “

Oops you have abrogated the parents “right” to raise a loud mouthed bigot
Nope.

They can raise a kid who rants against Trump supporters, Jews, Affirmative Action, the Chistian Right, or the Illuminatti.

Let them rant at family gatherings, in the park, or on Twitter.

But no ranting in school is a common sense rule if applied with utmost content neutrality.

Do you think you're talking to some foreigner or something? I went to school, I know what small children are taught and supposed to be taught. My values may be different than yours. Your values may be different than another member here. Values are not written in stone; this value is good, this value is bad, and schools do not get to make that determination.
I think you are distorting your own reality to arrive at your desired conclusion.

Schools teach American values. Always have. Never been controversial. If anything, conservatives have been pushing for schools to teach MORE values, not less.

I think you are distorting your own reality to arrive at your desired conclusion.

Schools teach American values. Always have. Never been controversial. If anything, conservatives have been pushing for schools to teach MORE values, not less.

No, conservatives believe schools are for teaching subjects such as math and science. That's what this bill is all about, sticking to those subjects and leaving social decisions at home.

No, conservatives believe schools are for teaching subjects such as math and science. That's what this bill is all about, sticking to those subjects and leaving social decisions at home.
Nonsense. Just look at how they complain about religious indoctrination being removed from schools. Or look at how they feel about the pledge of allegiance not being said.

You’re denying reality to make it seem like you’re being consistent.

Your knowledge of what schools teach or did teach is limited. You have no idea what schools taught. You have no idea of the world at all. You still don't know that some people use oil to heat their homes.

You aren't a constitutional scholar. Keep your values at home. That's all. If you cannot keep your values to yourself, you cannot be employed around children.

Nonsense. Just look at how they complain about religious indoctrination being removed from schools. Or look at how they feel about the pledge of allegiance not being said.

You did say you wanted American values. The Pledge is an American value.

Yes, many years ago when these things were forced upon us. In the end we simply had to comply, just like you're going to have to now. You're fine when rules are made against us but not fine when they don't go your way.

Yes, many years ago when these things were forced upon us. In the end we simply had to comply, just like you're going to have to now. You're fine when rules are made against us but not fine when they don't go your way.
Schools teach kids to be tolerant of you as well. They’re not against you.

Yep. It's not the schools position to teach them that their parents are wrong. That's indoctrination.
Really? And all that bullshit about school prayer?

The Pledge of Allegiance?

Some people were against that in schools but people like you were all on.

But teaching actual history (racial history for instance) or pointing out that bigotry and racism and anti-semitism is wrong

Oh

Really? And all that bullshit about school prayer?

The Pledge of Allegiance?

Some people were against that in schools but people like you were all on.

But teaching actual history (racial history for instance) or pointing out that bigotry and racism and anti-semitism is wrong

Oh

Maybe you think it's wrong but the parents don't. it's a matter of opinion just like this so-called American values thing. Where are these American values written and who decided on them?

If I know there's a boy in school that dresses like a girl, I'm going to tell my child stay away from him. He obviously has mental issues. Or if that boy is in women's volley ball. Because he is much stronger than my daughter, I don't want her playing volley ball with that fruit. Stay away from him.

So there is no right or wrong value system. Values are decided by individuals, not by teachers for them to instruct children on their values.

Schools teach kids to be tolerant of you as well. They’re not against you.

And maybe that's why our schools are such failures. They are teaching kids tolerance instead of history or science. Over half if my property tax goes towards our public schools. That gives me the right on what they are allowed and not allowed to teach. If I and other taxpayers decide to teach subjects and not morality, then damn it, that's what you're going to do. If you don't like it, go back to college and learn to become a social worker if that's the kind of work you want to do.

And maybe that's why our schools are such failures. They are teaching kids tolerance instead of history or science. Over half if my property tax goes towards our public schools. That gives me the right on what they are allowed and not allowed to teach. If I and other taxpayers decide to teach subjects and not morality, then damn it, that's what you're going to do. If you don't like it, go back to college and learn to become a social worker if that's the kind of work you want to do.
History and science. Interesting. Because conservative parents are also demanding that those subjects adhere to their personal beliefs as well.

If that’s what you want, then just admit you’re a bigot and want your kids to be bigots too. Let’s stop beating around the bush. Go to the voters and tell them your intention to do so. Stop pretending this is about grooming and sex. The fact you me side hide behind these lies demonstrates you are afraid that your beliefs aren’t popular.

History and science. Interesting. Because conservative parents are also demanding that those subjects adhere to their personal beliefs as well.

If that’s what you want, then just admit you’re a bigot and want your kids to be bigots too. Let’s stop beating around the bush.
Facts do not adhere, they stand alone.

Forum List

Back