Right-wing warnings pose far more danger to America than left-wing violence

Right, exactly. No one KNOWS for sure. He left no letter or message, said nothing to no one. But he attacked and killed dozens of people and shot hundreds in an attempted massacre. Now, if he had gone into a school and done that, with no more information, people would assume he was a gun nut, violent and with a screw loose and no one would question that. Likewise with the Mandalay shooter: one of the few CIRCUMSTANTIAL bits of evidence we have is that of all the places he COULD have gone to and considered, he chose a super right-wing conservative event. Without knowing anything else, this tips the statistical likelihood that he was motivated by left wing leanings somewhat in that direction. It's MORE evidence than we have that he was right wing or did it with no political motives at all.

Not sure why people are questioning that when if a person kills a black or a muslim, they call it a HATE CRIME, even though they have no idea whether hate was really involved. At least here, you DO have some supporting evidence for the contention, and I will stick with that until someone can prove me wrong. I mean, had the Mandalay been a Hillary rally, every Leftist on the planet would be calling it a political hate crime, WITH NO MORE EVIDENCE. Kook, Old Lady? I think not.

There's no way you can prove he wanted to do anything other than shoot up a large crowd.

WHERE did I ever say anything about my being able to PROVE anything? Please try to learn to READ. All I've said is that barring a lack of any other evidence, the fact that he chose to shoot up a far right wing crowd tilts the statistical likelihood of it being a circumstantial motive in that direction, in the same way it would had it been a far left crowd. Ask any police detective and they will tell you that as one of the few clues in the case, they have to consider that until something proves otherwise.

Yeah and even cops calls them theories of a crime, not facts.

The only thing I called a fact was that the Mandalay shooter massacred a group of people attending a country-western concert that was undoubtedly attended largely by a conservative-leaning audience. IMO, that circumstantially supports a statistically significant chance this was not by accident. It's too bad those that come to other conclusions must resort to disagreeing by calling those who don't see things their way a "kook."

Had the shooter instead targeted a Berkeley auditorium full of left-leaning radicals while a radical left speaker was giving a talk killing many there, 150 papers across this country would all be labeling it a deliberate right-wing hit job without question, and NOT a random event.

The shooter scoped out multiple venues including Lalapalooza for christs sakes - are you going to pretend THAT is a rightwing event? Stop lying.

Link? Did he tell you that? Also, he PASSED on that event, didn't he?

Like all that "non-existent violence" that has happened at the inauguration and several times in Berkeley?

Or that "non-existent" bicycle lock that a lunatic college prof was clobbering people with?

Or all that "nonexistent" pepper spray that antifa goons have been spraying on innocent onlookers?

This shit is ridiculous, even by WaPo's already low standards.

Look pilot boi; Trump started this shit during the campaign. Forgot that, already?

Oh MY! Trump said some 'bad things' and lefties have to clean their underwear. :113:

It's the exact same fucking thing: the right wingers are wetting themselves over perceived threats of violence from the left. Both sides flinging the same poop at each other. Wingers are dumb.

It's the exact same fucking thing: the right wingers are wetting themselves over perceived threats of violence from the left. Both sides flinging the same poop at each other. Wingers are dumb.
Tell my Minneapolis friends, who got the crap beat out of them for just standing in line for a Trump rally, about this "perceived threat" you're blabbering about.

Tell my Minneapolis friends, who got the crap beat out of them for just standing in line for a Trump rally, about this "perceived threat" you're blabbering about.

I don't care about your anecdotal bullshit. Fake news.

Some food for thought here.

Authoritarians historically have gained power by pointing to non-existent violence from their opponents.

In a recent address to right-wing evangelical leaders, President Trump warned that Democrats will resort to brute force if they win the midterm elections. “They will overturn everything we’ve done and they will do it violently,” said Trump, presenting his political opponents as an imminent threat to freedom of religion and speech.

This statement builds on a narrative that has gained power on Fox News and social media. It has been fed by conservative media outlets like Breitbart and organizations like the National Rifle Association, which has also publicly threatened journalists.

But the story that a wave of left-wing terrorism threatens America is wrong. The poster child for this false narrative is antifa, a small, weak organization that protests white supremacist aggression.

The real threat of violence comes from the right. The Anti-Defamation League’s Center on Extremism reports that right-wingers and white supremacists were responsible for 74 percent of the murders committed by political extremists in the United States over the past decade. Only 2 percent were committed by left-wing radicals. Alex Nowrasteh, an immigration policy analyst at the libertarian Cato Institute, has calculated that “terrorists inspired by Nationalist and Right Wing ideology have killed about 10 times as many people as Left Wing terrorists since 1992.”

What’s more, white supremacists and their fellow travelers have strong connections to the establishment right and are far more organized than the antifa. They seek to provoke confrontation through armed marches onto college campuses and into the centers of liberal-leaning cities, like the confrontation in Charlottesville last summer.

These narratives about aggressive left-wing violence aren’t just distorted. They are dangerous, because they set the stage for replacing democratic institutions with authoritarian rule. Provoking street violence and blaming it on their opponents is exactly how totalitarian regimes have gained power in the past.

Perspective | Right-wing warnings pose far more danger to America than left-wing violence

To be fair Coyote
How many lives have been saved by police, armed defenders, and military vets
who lean more conservative and rightwing?

How many of the leftwing liberals who are anti-cop, anti-war, anti-GOP
volunteer on the border rescuing trafficking victims kidnapped by Coyotes?
How many of the Antifa left work with volunteer fire departments?

Every time I hear about rescues, these are paramilitary or independent defenders
who believe in armed citizens and enforcing Constitutional laws and protections.

When it comes to fellow liberals and progressives, I am one of the few
that take Constitutional law enforcement seriously. Too many just play
the "victim card" and rely on party or govt for a false sense of security.

I don't think you can compare these groups out of context.
To me it's clear they play completely distinct roles in society.

his friends getting beat up is fake news?

Yep.

Yep.

Nope.

Yep.
so then w/o reason or cause you are calling him a liar.

what a fuck-jughead.

Yep.

what a fuck-jughead.

I suppose I am, as there's absolutely no reason for me to believe it, ass clown. People with no credibility tend to make shit up in this place by the hour.

Yep.

what a fuck-jughead.

I suppose I am, as there's absolutely no reason for me to believe it, ass clown. People with no credibility tend to make shit up in this place by the hour.
like i said - you're going "fake news" cause you don't like it. this has nothing to do with his credibility and the like, just what you don't want to believe.

Yep.

what a fuck-jughead.

like i said - you're going "fake news" cause you don't like it. this has nothing to do with his credibility and the like, just what you don't want to believe.

No, I 'fake news' it because I flat out don't believe it. At all. You don't know me, so don't pretend to read minds. Wingers lie.

"June 6, 2017: “Trump” is stabbed to death in front of cheering audience in Central Park
June 3, 2017: Anti-Trump band decapitates Trump statue on stage
May 30, 2017: Kathy Griffin beheads Trump."​

Things are really getting a bit out of hand in the good ole U.S. of A., don't they?

Last edited:
Some food for thought here.

Authoritarians historically have gained power by pointing to non-existent violence from their opponents.

In a recent address to right-wing evangelical leaders, President Trump warned that Democrats will resort to brute force if they win the midterm elections. “They will overturn everything we’ve done and they will do it violently,” said Trump, presenting his political opponents as an imminent threat to freedom of religion and speech.

This statement builds on a narrative that has gained power on Fox News and social media. It has been fed by conservative media outlets like Breitbart and organizations like the National Rifle Association, which has also publicly threatened journalists.

But the story that a wave of left-wing terrorism threatens America is wrong. The poster child for this false narrative is antifa, a small, weak organization that protests white supremacist aggression.

The real threat of violence comes from the right. The Anti-Defamation League’s Center on Extremism reports that right-wingers and white supremacists were responsible for 74 percent of the murders committed by political extremists in the United States over the past decade. Only 2 percent were committed by left-wing radicals. Alex Nowrasteh, an immigration policy analyst at the libertarian Cato Institute, has calculated that “terrorists inspired by Nationalist and Right Wing ideology have killed about 10 times as many people as Left Wing terrorists since 1992.”

What’s more, white supremacists and their fellow travelers have strong connections to the establishment right and are far more organized than the antifa. They seek to provoke confrontation through armed marches onto college campuses and into the centers of liberal-leaning cities, like the confrontation in Charlottesville last summer.

These narratives about aggressive left-wing violence aren’t just distorted. They are dangerous, because they set the stage for replacing democratic institutions with authoritarian rule. Provoking street violence and blaming it on their opponents is exactly how totalitarian regimes have gained power in the past.

Perspective | Right-wing warnings pose far more danger to America than left-wing violence
Your link is hidden behind a paywall.

Once again – the consequence of their cowardice and dishonesty – conservatives attempt to deflect from a thread’s topic because they’re incapable of responding to it.

I am completely capable of responding and in fact, followed up with a better analysis using the provided OP source. It was a honest and appropriate response to a knee jerk liberal OP. Your partisan hackery is well known.

Yep.

what a fuck-jughead.

No, I 'fake news' it because I flat out don't believe it. At all. You don't know me, so don't pretend to read minds. Wingers lie.
and fucktarded idiots stereotype. you don't know him either but you FEELZ you do enough to call him a liar.

typical leftist bullshit - you want people to understand YOU first but will make 0 effort to understand THEM.

that's how you get trump for a president. keep it up.

Yep.

what a fuck-jughead.

So you're just here to troll and not have a discussion, right?

Forum List

Back