Right-wing warnings pose far more danger to America than left-wing violence

The only thing I called a fact was that the Mandalay shooter massacred a group of people attending a country-western concert that was undoubtedly attended largely by a conservative-leaning audience. IMO, that circumstantially supports a statistically significant chance this was not by accident. It's too bad those that come to other conclusions must resort to disagreeing by calling those who don't see things their way a "kook."

Had the shooter instead targeted a Berkeley auditorium full of left-leaning radicals while a radical left speaker was giving a talk killing many there, 150 papers across this country would all be labeling it a deliberate right-wing hit job without question, and NOT a random event.

The shooter scoped out multiple venues including Lalapalooza for christs sakes - are you going to pretend THAT is a rightwing event? Stop lying.

Link? Did he tell you that? Also, he PASSED on that event, didn't he?
Did gunman scope out other music festivals in Las Vegas, Chicago?

You are desperate for it to be a leftist. That is all you care about.

coyote - are we or are we NOT in a thread where you're desperate to NOT pin the violence on the left? so much so you say that DANGER WILL ROBINSON is more dangerous than whatever robot is warning us about this time?

how desperate do *YOU* look when you're trying to play down the violence of the left and say the right is more dangerous because they happen to notice and call them on it?

i've made this point several times and have yet to hear back from you. kinda disappointed.
You are incorrect. I pin the blsme on both sides.
not sure how this can be done in a thread that plays down the violence that is in fact happening and plays up the "warnings" of it happening. reading the story itself, it flat out says the danger from the right is far more severe.

in your replies to date, you seem to stick with this mantra at the core; which certainly does NOT put the blame on both sides.

HOWEVER, how can the right be guilty of warning of danger if the left wasn't in fact, dangerous?

The real issue is this: it comes from the top. And this dangerously deluded selectivity of each side's memory and hypocritical condemnations of the other.

The only way to make a rational argument that one side side is yugely worse than the other is to look at actions over multiple Administrations, take onto account changes with social media, tech, etc has made on info and behavior, weed out the verifiable from the hearsay and so far no one is willing to do that. Why? Too much work? Maybe afraid it won't look so one sided?

What people are going on about is a completely one sided comlection of data that is meaningless without data on the other side. You have people talking about shooting leftists and such in response. You jave left wing nutter shooting Republicans at a baseball game. You have a rightwing nutter on the Alex Jones bandwagon walking into a pizza place to shhot a bunch of people! Wtf guys! When will you run out of excuses in an effort to point out how different your side is?

THIS IS THE DANGER of all this rhetoric. To pit one against the other because no one is willing to step back and say enough. Gotta blame the other side right?

It comes from the top. We elected a president who attacks, bullies, promotes and applauds violence towards citizens and journalists. Quit excusing it. McConnels diluted plaint of "that' not helpful" was a pathetic chastizenent.

We have Congress Critters like Maxine Waters calling on people to harass private citizens because of their political positions. That is nuts!

We have groups like the white supremacists and Antifa feeling empowered. Why? Why sre they even being given the time of day?

No one is willing to hold their own accountable are they?

Take a look at each one yelling TDS. Peel off the crud and you'll find a pathetic piece of ODS. Stop pretending this all nrw. It isnt. It is just the same old spiraling dow.n.

The shooter scoped out multiple venues including Lalapalooza for christs sakes - are you going to pretend THAT is a rightwing event? Stop lying.

coyote - are we or are we NOT in a thread where you're desperate to NOT pin the violence on the left? so much so you say that DANGER WILL ROBINSON is more dangerous than whatever robot is warning us about this time?

how desperate do *YOU* look when you're trying to play down the violence of the left and say the right is more dangerous because they happen to notice and call them on it?

i've made this point several times and have yet to hear back from you. kinda disappointed.
not sure how this can be done in a thread that plays down the violence that is in fact happening and plays up the "warnings" of it happening. reading the story itself, it flat out says the danger from the right is far more severe.

in your replies to date, you seem to stick with this mantra at the core; which certainly does NOT put the blame on both sides.

HOWEVER, how can the right be guilty of warning of danger if the left wasn't in fact, dangerous?
By exagetating. By creating a one sided conflict. By ignoring and excusing the behavior of their own. The are looking at a list of events in a vacuum and promoting it to scare people. I countered part of the list and pointed out examples of the right doing the same. It is ignored or rxcuses get made (i.e. if a rw nutter shoots someeone it is an isolated case, if a lw nutter shoots some one it is emblematic of rising leftwing violence.

By exagetating. By creating a one sided conflict. By ignoring and excusing the behavior of their own. The are looking at a list of events in a vacuum and promoting it to scare people. I countered part of the list and pointed out examples of the right doing the same. It is ignored or rxcuses get made (i.e. if a rw nutter shoots someeone it is an isolated case, if a lw nutter shoots some one it is emblematic of rising leftwing violence.
one sided conflict?

how can you ignore what the leadership of the left is doing so you can warn about WARNINGS of them doing it?

i have yet to see the right do something like storm the kavanaugh hearings, tout civil unrest and encourage people to attack opposing gov officials. so when you can point that out to me, i'm more inclined to listen. til then, this is you, to me, ignoring what the left is doing and saying a "warning" is more dire in consequences than the leadership saying "we will not be civil".

Oh, for pity's sake.

Of course, all kinds of violence are a danger to all immediately affected. On these grounds these should be condemned - on all sides - and need to be warned against.

However, and as the author of the WaPo article makes abundantly clear, despite the rather goofy headline, is that isn't what transpired, historically. Rather, right-wingers used these "warnings" to depict left-wing violence as a permanent, highly prevalent threat not just to those directly affected but to the legal, constitutional order, in order to create the fears they needed to justify the onslaught on the rule of law and the constitutional order, and ultimately democracy itself. The parallels to the current situation, with the Trumpy stumping on all kinds of threats from invading hordes to "mobs", and offering himself up as the strongman-savior while besmirching and demeaning everything decent or lawful, including legal or quasi-legal procedures (Mueller, Congressional Hearings) are eerie, and unmistakable.

Whoever thinks, a comedian's distasteful joke amounts to a threat to the constitutional order, should have their head examined. So should anyone who cannot and will not see how the Trumpy works to dismantle, as much as he can, any and all obstacles to his unimpeded rule, obstacles the Founding Fathers wisely installed exactly to safeguard the Republic against the likes of the Trumpy.

one sided conflict?

how can you ignore what the leadership of the left is doing so you can warn about WARNINGS of them doing it?

i have yet to see the right do something like storm the kavanaugh hearings, tout civil unrest and encourage people to attack opposing gov officials. so when you can point that out to me, i'm more inclined to listen. til then, this is you, to me, ignoring what the left is doing and saying a "warning" is more dire in consequences than the leadership saying "we will not be civil".
How can you ignore what your own leadership does?

one sided conflict?

How can you ignore what leadership does?
i don't.

i see the left say "GO AFTER THEM IN PUBLIC" and then when i see the right go after someone, like pelosi in miami recently, i see the GOP come out and say STOP IT.

show me where the left "leadership" says to stop acting like spoiled children to the left and you'd have a point. as it stands, they won't even admit to being a mob.

one sided conflict?

i don't.

i see the left say "GO AFTER THEM IN PUBLIC" and then when i see the right go after someone, like pelosi in miami recently, i see the GOP come out and say STOP IT.

show me where the left "leadership" says to stop acting like spoiled children to the left and you'd have a point. as it stands, they won't even admit to being a mob.

Really? You saw them stop Trump when went after people?

Did you happen to see the Dems condemn Maxine Waters statements? And Michelle Obama talking about sticking to the high road?

Here is a question: why do you say the Dem leafership acts like spoiled children? Because they oppose Trumps policies?

one sided conflict?

i don't.

Did you happen to see the Dems condemn Maxine Waters statements? And Michelle Obama talking about sticking to the high road?

Here is a question: why do you say the Dem leafership acts like spoiled children? Because they oppose Trumps policies?
no.

because they do.

Compare:

Even Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer has condemned calling for the harassment of political opponents. “That’s not American,” he recently said. [...] [F]ormer Democratic President Bill Clinton defended Sanders while complimenting how she handled the situation.​

"Any guy that can do a body slam, he’s my kind of ... he’s my guy." Trump

Republican leadership: Bupkis.

Here's a tea party activist memo (2009) directing tea party activists how to be a disruptive force at Democratic townhall meetings. Hollering, shouting, disrupting, along with a detailed instruction how to do it, as was prevalent during Obama's Presidency.

Calls for civility from Republican leadership: Bupkis.

But yeah, they can whine with the best of them about the oh-so-terrible loss of civility.

Last edited:
The only thing I called a fact was that the Mandalay shooter massacred a group of people attending a country-western concert that was undoubtedly attended largely by a conservative-leaning audience. IMO, that circumstantially supports a statistically significant chance this was not by accident. It's too bad those that come to other conclusions must resort to disagreeing by calling those who don't see things their way a "kook."

Had the shooter instead targeted a Berkeley auditorium full of left-leaning radicals while a radical left speaker was giving a talk killing many there, 150 papers across this country would all be labeling it a deliberate right-wing hit job without question, and NOT a random event.

Horshit on that. Furthermore, even if you honestly claimed that both sides are responsible, the facts are indisputable that the left is the source of the violence in the overwheliming number of cases.

Last edited:
Compare:

Even Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer has condemned calling for the harassment of political opponents. “That’s not American,” he recently said. [...] [F]ormer Democratic President Bill Clinton defended Sanders while complimenting how she handled the situation.​

Here's a tea party activist memo (2009) directing tea party activists how to be a disruptive force at Democratic townhall meetings. Hollering, shouting, disrupting, along with a detailed instruction how to do it, as was prevalent during Obama's Presidency.

But yeah, they can whine with the best of them about the oh-so-terrible loss of civility.
It sounds like the same memo they sent to the thugs who disputed Trump's campaign rallies.
  • Cathy Griffen holds up Trump's severed head.
  • Madonna said she wants to blow up the White House.
  • Mad Maxine tells supporters to harass members of the Trump administration.
  • Pelosi: "I think that we owe the American people to be there for them, for their financial security, respecting the dignity and worth of every person in our country, and if there’s some collateral damage for some others who do not share our view, well, so be it, but it shouldn't be our original purpose."
  • Cory Booker: encouraged left-wing activists to "get up in the face" of some members of Congress in July, which came just a couple of days after he said supporters of Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh were "complicit in evil."
  • Actor Peter Fonda called for the President’s son to be ripped from his mother’s arms and thrown into a cage with pedophiles
  • Former Attorney General Eric Holder: said earlier this month that when Republicans go low, Democrats "kick them."
  • Hillary Clinton: "You cannot be civil with a political party that wants to destroy what you stand for, what you care about," Clinton said. "That's why I believe, if we are fortunate enough to win back the House and or the Senate, that's when civility can start again. But until then, the only thing that the Republicans seem to recognize and respect is strength."in an interview with CNN this month that Democrats can't be civil with members of the Republican Party because Republicans disagree with the agenda of the Democratic Party."
The bottom line? Democrats are scum. They need to be locked up.

one sided conflict?

i don't.

no.

because they do.
In other words they act like the right.

one sided conflict?

i don't.

no.

because they do.
In other words they act like the right.
trump at times, sure. but i don't see many on the right doing what pelosi, waters and others on the left do - but please feel free to show me.

Compare:

It sounds like the same memo they sent to the thugs who disputed Trump's campaign rallies.
  • Cathy Griffen holds up Trump's severed head.
  • Madonna said she wants to blow up the White House.
  • Mad Maxine tells supporters to harass members of the Trump administration.
  • Pelosi: "I think that we owe the American people to be there for them, for their financial security, respecting the dignity and worth of every person in our country, and if there’s some collateral damage for some others who do not share our view, well, so be it, but it shouldn't be our original purpose."
  • Cory Booker: encouraged left-wing activists to "get up in the face" of some members of Congress in July, which came just a couple of days after he said supporters of Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh were "complicit in evil."
  • Actor Peter Fonda called for the President’s son to be ripped from his mother’s arms and thrown into a cage with pedophiles
  • Former Attorney General Eric Holder: said earlier this month that when Republicans go low, Democrats "kick them."
  • Hillary Clinton: "You cannot be civil with a political party that wants to destroy what you stand for, what you care about," Clinton said. "That's why I believe, if we are fortunate enough to win back the House and or the Senate, that's when civility can start again. But until then, the only thing that the Republicans seem to recognize and respect is strength."in an interview with CNN this month that Democrats can't be civil with members of the Republican Party because Republicans disagree with the agenda of the Democratic Party."
The bottom line? Democrats are scum. They need to be locked up.
How do you be civil with someone whose only goal is to see you lose?

How do you be civil with someone who argued and railed about Obama being a dictator and yet is fine with Trump pardoning himself?

How do you be civil with someone that calls you evil, mentally deranged, a rioter, a communist?

How do you be civil with people that don't even consider you a person?

How do you be civil with people that fantasize about America coming under martial law?

How do you be civil with a president that has been encouraging violence since the election?

How do you be civil with idiots that say they are going to be assassinated, when they've been advocating for second amendment rights for years?

Some food for thought here.

Authoritarians historically have gained power by pointing to non-existent violence from their opponents.

In a recent address to right-wing evangelical leaders, President Trump warned that Democrats will resort to brute force if they win the midterm elections. “They will overturn everything we’ve done and they will do it violently,” said Trump, presenting his political opponents as an imminent threat to freedom of religion and speech.

This statement builds on a narrative that has gained power on Fox News and social media. It has been fed by conservative media outlets like Breitbart and organizations like the National Rifle Association, which has also publicly threatened journalists.

But the story that a wave of left-wing terrorism threatens America is wrong. The poster child for this false narrative is antifa, a small, weak organization that protests white supremacist aggression.

The real threat of violence comes from the right. The Anti-Defamation League’s Center on Extremism reports that right-wingers and white supremacists were responsible for 74 percent of the murders committed by political extremists in the United States over the past decade. Only 2 percent were committed by left-wing radicals. Alex Nowrasteh, an immigration policy analyst at the libertarian Cato Institute, has calculated that “terrorists inspired by Nationalist and Right Wing ideology have killed about 10 times as many people as Left Wing terrorists since 1992.”

What’s more, white supremacists and their fellow travelers have strong connections to the establishment right and are far more organized than the antifa. They seek to provoke confrontation through armed marches onto college campuses and into the centers of liberal-leaning cities, like the confrontation in Charlottesville last summer.

These narratives about aggressive left-wing violence aren’t just distorted. They are dangerous, because they set the stage for replacing democratic institutions with authoritarian rule. Provoking street violence and blaming it on their opponents is exactly how totalitarian regimes have gained power in the past.

Perspective | Right-wing warnings pose far more danger to America than left-wing violence

I thought The Left was against violence? You just acknowledged the Left engages in violence.

Authoritarians historically have gained power by pointing to non-existent violence from their opponents.

In a recent address to right-wing evangelical leaders, President Trump warned that Democrats will resort to brute force if they win the midterm elections. “They will overturn everything we’ve done and they will do it violently,” said Trump, presenting his political opponents as an imminent threat to freedom of religion and speech.

This statement builds on a narrative that has gained power on Fox News and social media. It has been fed by conservative media outlets like Breitbart and organizations like the National Rifle Association, which has also publicly threatened journalists.

But the story that a wave of left-wing terrorism threatens America is wrong. The poster child for this false narrative is antifa, a small, weak organization that protests white supremacist aggression.

The real threat of violence comes from the right. The Anti-Defamation League’s Center on Extremism reports that right-wingers and white supremacists were responsible for 74 percent of the murders committed by political extremists in the United States over the past decade. Only 2 percent were committed by left-wing radicals. Alex Nowrasteh, an immigration policy analyst at the libertarian Cato Institute, has calculated that “terrorists inspired by Nationalist and Right Wing ideology have killed about 10 times as many people as Left Wing terrorists since 1992.”

What’s more, white supremacists and their fellow travelers have strong connections to the establishment right and are far more organized than the antifa. They seek to provoke confrontation through armed marches onto college campuses and into the centers of liberal-leaning cities, like the confrontation in Charlottesville last summer.

These narratives about aggressive left-wing violence aren’t just distorted. They are dangerous, because they set the stage for replacing democratic institutions with authoritarian rule. Provoking street violence and blaming it on their opponents is exactly how totalitarian regimes have gained power in the past.

Perspective | Right-wing warnings pose far more danger to America than left-wing violence

I thought The Left was against violence? You just acknowledged the Left engages in violence.
This is "the left" engaging in violence against the right:
download.jpg
download.jpg
9agl68ao88s11.png

download.jpg
download.jpg
9agl68ao88s11.png
That's a movie made by a liberal, moron.

download.jpg
download.jpg
9agl68ao88s11.png

You would be more accurate if you showed the smashed windows, burning trash cans and cars from Inaugration Day... not Trump Supporters.

Forum List

Back